PDA

View Full Version : MJ's court vision > Lebron's

sportjames23
12-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Eat shit in advance, dubeta. You and all your alts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbrTZaz0aY&feature=em-subs_digest

AirFederer
12-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Goat goating :bowdown:

eat shit dubeta and alts

dubeta
12-26-2015, 05:24 PM
All that court vision yet still 1-9

Rent Free

TommyGriffin
12-26-2015, 05:29 PM

Rent Free

I don't know what 1/9 is supposed to mean but Jordan won 6 championships in a row...

SouBeachTalents
12-26-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't know what 1/9 is supposed to mean but Jordan won 6 championships in a row...

No he didn't

3ball
12-26-2015, 05:30 PM
oh shit

the puppeteer TWO muther****ers

about to watch

:party:

sportjames23
12-26-2015, 05:40 PM

Rent Free

http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/514583

KiiiiNG
12-26-2015, 05:45 PM
No he didn't
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fire Colangelo
12-26-2015, 05:46 PM
No.

KiiiiNG
You started watching basketball in 2015 :oldlol:

Lebronxrings
stop posting, retard

dubeta
12-26-2015, 05:48 PM
You started watching basketball in 2015 :oldlol:

:oldlol:

FKAri
12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

Nah he took a break in between to let little league pitchers have a go at his anus.

3ball
12-26-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm not saying that assist average measures passing ability - obviously, things like time of possession come into play (a player like Lebron requires more time with the ball to get his assists.. i.e. he had 12 minutes time of possession per game in 2015 Finals, which was 50% more than the regular season leader John Wall's 8.1 minutes).

But it's interesting - the only way Lebron averages more assists in playoffs than MJ is if you compare Lebron's unfinished career to MJ's completed career.

But if you compare prime vs. prime (any mix of years you want), or thru the age of 30 (lebron's current age), MJ averages more assists on a per game basis, or per 100 possessions.

Basically - by the end of Lebron's career, it's very possible, even likely, that his playoff assist averages are less than MJ's.

Of course, the video shows MJ passing amongst no spacing, which is more difficult than passing on a spaced-out court.. It's easier to shift a defense that is spaced out.

LAKingKobe
12-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Stop posting foolll. No one wants to deal with your lame posts during festive season.

3ball
12-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Stop posting foolll. No one wants to deal with your lame posts during festive season.
Merely stating the truth: the only way Lebron averages more assists in playoffs than MJ is if you compare Lebron's unfinished career to MJ's completed career.

But if you compare prime vs. prime (any mix of years you want), or thru the age of 30 (lebron's current age), MJ averages more assists on a per game basis, or per 100 possessions.

Basically - by the end of Lebron's career, it's very possible, even likely, that his playoff assist averages are less than MJ's.

Of course, the video shows MJ passing amongst no spacing, which is more difficult than passing on a spaced-out court.. It's easier to shift a defense that is spaced out.

Btw, I'm not saying that assist average measures passing ability - obviously, things like time of possession come into play (a player like Lebron requires more time with the ball to get his assists.. i.e. he had 12 minutes (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1) time of possession per game in 2015 Finals, which was 50% more than the regular season leader John Wall's 8.1 minutes (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1)).

Smoke117
12-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Merely stating the truth: the only way Lebron averages more assists in playoffs than MJ is if you compare Lebron's unfinished career to MJ's completed career.

Btw, I'm not saying that assist average measures passing ability - obviously, things like time of possession come into play (a player like Lebron requires more time with the ball to get his assists.. i.e. he had 12 minutes time of possession per game in 2015 Finals, which was 50% more than the regular season leader John Wall's 8.1 minutes).

1-9

Straight_Ballin
12-26-2015, 06:49 PM

He won in every finals he ever played in but they weren't in a row.

won 3 in a row, felt unchallenged, came back, won another 3 in a row.

No one in their right mind would say that had Jordan never left, that he wouldn't be 8/8.

GOAT gonna GOAT while bran stans remain insecure. :sleeping

andgar923
12-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Mj = GOAT passer from the shooting position.

No other player can pass while in the shooting/scoring mode better than MJ. It's partly what made him a great passer.

MJ is also one of the best (top 20 ever at any position??) at 'creating' looks/opportunities for other players. Self explanatory, he could simply create by breaking down the defense where there was nothing before.

We see plenty of examples in the video.

MJ jumping to shoot a jumper and in the blink of an eye find an open man while still in mid air while in the middle of his jump shot.

MJ dribbling and penetrating creating an opportunity where there wasn't one before. He broke down the defense with the best, and had the vision and timing to find open men at times before they knew they were open.

MJ is amongst the elite passers in history.

Kvnzhangyay
12-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Meh, from a court vision standpoint, it's about even

However, anyone that says MJ's passing ability > Lebron's (which is totally different from court vision) has either a) never watched MJ or b) been deluded by foggy and nostalgic memories or a bias

FKAri
12-26-2015, 11:01 PM
He won in every finals he ever played in but they weren't in a row.

won 3 in a row, felt unchallenged, came back, won another 3 in a row.

No one in their right mind would say that had Jordan never left, that he wouldn't be 8/8.

GOAT gonna GOAT while bran stans remain insecure. :sleeping

You are not of sound mind. Neither is 3ball or OP. Have a nice evening.

3ball
12-27-2015, 02:42 AM
Meh, from a court vision standpoint, it's about even

However, anyone that says MJ's passing ability > Lebron's has either a) never watched MJ or b) been deluded by foggy and nostalgic memories or a bias

MJ is a better passer than Lebron, easily based on the eye test.. Lebron needs a far higher time of possession and ball-domination to achieve his assists and has higher turnovers.

Furthermore, Jordan had higher playoff APG in his prime (any mix of years you want to use), on a per game AND per 100 possession basis.. MJ also had a higher playoff APG thru the age of 30 (Lebron's current age) on a per game or per 100 possession basis.

It's very likely that by the end of Lebron's career, his playoff assist average is less than MJ's.. And given Lebron's exhorbitant time of possession (12 minutes (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1) per game in 2015 Finals, or 50% higher than RS leader John Wall's 8.1 minutes (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1)), that would make MJ the better passer.. Period..

If Lebron finishes his career with lower playoff APG than MJ despite far higher time of possession and turnovers, there would be no argument for Lebron being a better passer than MJ, other than poppycock, like "I want him to be a better passer and my brain is addicted to that idea, therefore he is."

Angel Face
12-27-2015, 02:43 AM
MJ is faster decision maker. It takes him less time to decide if he will score or pass. Usually coming off the ball.

3ball
12-27-2015, 03:16 AM
MJ is faster decision maker. It takes him less time to decide if he will score or pass. Usually coming off the ball.
MJ was a better passer when playing off-ball, but he was also a better passer as a ball-dominator - MJ averaged 30/9/11 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989/#322-345-sum:pgl_basic) at point guard for 24 games in 1989 - this epic run (http://ballislife.com/michael-jordan-could-of-been-the-best-point-guard-ever-want-proof/) at PG included a stretch of 10 triple-doubles in 11 games.

Otoh, despite Lebron's entire career as a ball-dominator, Lebron has never achieved anything near this.

Lebron had a 12-game stretch at point guard where his stats were 30/7/11, but 12 games is half as long as MJ, and there was no triple-double stretch..

Furthermore, the teams Lebron played during his 12-game stretch averaged 34 wins (lottery teams), whereas MJ played teams that averaged 45 wins (playoff teams) during his 24-game stretch (twice as long)..

As usual... NO COMPARISON