PDA

View Full Version : Yao fking Ming being considered for Hall of Fame

TAZORAC
12-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Yao Ming being considered for Hall of Fame through international committee

Shaquille O

ScalsFan21
12-23-2015, 06:31 PM
He's a definite "basketball HOFer" who also reached a few years of NBA HOF level play. It's an interesting read but since I think he deserves to get in regardless it doesn't really bother me much.

outbreak
12-23-2015, 06:39 PM
He's a definite "basketball HOFer" who also reached a few years of NBA HOF level play. It's an interesting read but since I think he deserves to get in regardless it doesn't really bother me much.
If hof was only for nba players there would be a point but hes a lock fr basketball hof

iamgine
12-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Considered? He should be automatic in the HOF first ballot.

Rooster
12-23-2015, 07:24 PM
He probably made it because of his contributions. Most international players especially Euros did not proved it on the highest level like Dirk did and still get in. All these other FIBA competition is like JV level.:rolleyes: I wish NBA can have their own HOF.

buddha
12-23-2015, 07:31 PM
the international committee? is that like the affirmative action committee?

SugarHill
12-23-2015, 07:51 PM
:roll:

Spurs m8
12-23-2015, 07:52 PM
China probably wiping out some US debt in return tbh

thefatmiral
12-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Too bad his career was cut short. I remember his retirement announcement. And thinking that's it, he's done? He's still younger then some current players

Euroleague
12-24-2015, 09:40 PM

It's about 10 times harder to get voted in by the international committee than it is by the NBA committee.

NBA only fans created a lie that any foreign players gets in the Hall of Fame. When the truth is they have to have resumes GREATLY beyond that of Ginobili to get in.

But the same NBA only fans LIE and claim Manu has "the best international career" ever.

Stop being an idiot.

The ONLY ways an international player makes the hall of fame through the non NBA voting committee is if their career was absolutely unbelievable internationally (absolutely dwarfing what Manu has done internationally), or if a player has an absolutely ENORMOUS contribution to the sport over a huge populace (like Yao).

The standard set for international selection committee is way, way, way higher than for the NBA select committee. Only the greatest of all time players, and/or the most famous of all time sports athletes get in through the non NBA committee.

Nick Young
12-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Yao deserves the HOF.

Mr. 38% Chucking Zero Rings Iverson doesn't.