PDA

View Full Version : Is Irving/Bran/Love or Wade/Bran/Bosh the greatest trio in NBA history?

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 06:41 PM
And if not one of those two, who is?

Bird/Mchale/Parrish

Magic/Kareem/Worthy

Etc.

I have to go with Wade/Bran/Bosh as the greatest 1-2-3 in NBA history relative to the competition at the time.

The year before the collusion, Wade/Bran/Bosh were three of the top 4 in PER rankings.

If i'm not mistaken, Love was 3rd in PER before the collusion.

Mchale and Parrish were great, but they were never considered the best at their positions. Wade was once the best SG. Irving was the best PG to some. Love was the best PF to some. Etc.

dubeta
12-20-2015, 06:43 PM
LOL forgot about trio, whats the greatest 4-man team?

Gasol/Kobe/Dwight/Nash or Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton :eek:

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 06:44 PM

At least i'm being serious.

:confusedshrug:

You have to troll because what i'm saying exposes your favorite player.

I don't care about ring chasers well past their primes. I'm talking about prime players teamed up.

Fudge
12-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Melt...down.

That's number two already. One more and you're OUT!!

warriorfan
12-20-2015, 06:48 PM

whoa

major meltdown

Smoke117
12-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Has Lebron ever been more rent free in someone's head than this idiot? Don't you understand that it just shows how good he is that you can't stfu about him? That goes for all the lebron haters.

Fudge
12-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Has Lebron ever been more rent free in someone's head than this idiot? Don't you understand that it just shows how good he is that you can't stfu about him? That goes for all the lebron haters.
LeAlphaThickness, baby.

THIS is why he is still the face of the league. No matter who's "hot" right now, LeBron will always be the talk of the town. Always. Haters can't get enough of the mans. :pimp:

lilteapot
12-20-2015, 06:52 PM

3ball
sportjames23
Straight_Ballin

although they're all the same user so

Spaulding
12-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Magic
Worthy
Kareem

Thats my greatest trio.

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 06:53 PM

This is about the greatest 1-2-3 punch in NBA history, not a specific player.

And it doesn't prove Bran is great if I talk about him; it proves his fans are delusional and I don't like lies being spread that ruin the game of basketball.

Young X
12-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Ever heard of Wilt Chamberlain/Jerry West/Elgin Baylor?

What about Magic/Kareem/Worthy? Jordan/Pippen/Rodman?

Spaulding
12-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman

Parker
Ginnobili
Duncan

Those are good ones.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant

Imagine how good that trio could have been...wow.

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 06:57 PM

Yes.

Smoke117
12-20-2015, 06:57 PM
This is about the greatest 1-2-3 punch in NBA history, not a specific player.

And it doesn't prove Bran is great if I talk about him; it proves his fans are delusional and I don't like lies being spread that ruin the game of basketball.

What do you care?...you don't even know anything about basketball anyway. Every opinion you make is moronic and worthless. In 7.5k posts you haven't given one respectable basketball opinion.

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman

Parker
Ginnobili
Duncan

Those are good ones.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant

Imagine how good that trio could have been...wow.

Maybe not as great as you think, considering Harden and Westbrook need the ball in their hands. Durant, of course, is a true great and can impact the game without the ball constantly in his hands.

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:00 PM
What do you care?...you don't even know anything about basketball anyway. Every opinion you make is moronic and worthless. In 7.5k posts you haven't given one respectable basketball opinion.

I know more about basketball than anyone on this earth.

Trust me.

I call a spade a spade; you let your heart speak for you.

You're an alcoholic and your emotions rule you.

dubeta
12-20-2015, 07:03 PM
I know more about basketball than anyone on this earth.

Trust me.

I call a spade a spade; you let your heart speak for you.

You're an alcoholic and your emotions rule you.

Do you still beat your kids, Justin?

Fudge
12-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Maybe not as great as you think, considering Harden and Westbrook need the ball in their hands. Durant, of course, is a true great and can impact the game without the ball constantly in his hands.
Kevin Durant is the best player in the world. I've been telling you that.

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Kevin Durant is the best player in the world. I've been telling you that.

Curry is.

Durant is 2nd.

Easily 2nd, but 2nd.

72-10
12-20-2015, 07:17 PM
you should be banned for the plethora of stupid threads that you create

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:18 PM
you should be banned for not having the same exact opinion as me

Fixed.

warriorfan
12-20-2015, 07:21 PM
you should be banned for the plethora of stupid threads that you create

Didn't you just make a thread calling KAJ a poor rebounder by listing stats from when he was 36 years old? :lol

feyki
12-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Let's check ;

79 Parish - Not in top 10
Mchale - Not in top 10 until 1985 .

68 Wilt - Best player
68 West - Second best player
68 Elgin - Top 10

96 Jordan - Best
96 Pippen - Top 7-8
96 Rodman - top 15

2005 Manu - Top 15
2005 Tony - top 30
2005 Duncan - second best

10 Bosh - top 15
10 Wade - second best
10 Lebron - third

84 Kareem - top 5
84 Magic - top 3
84 Worthy - top 10

84-86 Mchale - top 6-7
84-86 Parish - top 20
84-86 Dennis - top 20

66 Hondo - top 5
66 Sam - Top 10
66 Bill - second best

52-54 Mikan - Best
52-54 Vern - Top 7-8
52-54 Kangroo - top 15

82 Moses - best
82 Erving - top 3
82 Toney - top 10

69 Lakers
10 Heat
66 Celts
84 Lakers
83 Phila

As a result

FKAri
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM

Yea I heard about em when the museum had the dinosaur exhibit. As for OP, I'm glad you're realizing that a trio can't be GOAT unless Lebron is in it.

:bowdown: :bowdown:
How great is our LeGawd

Rent free, fakkit.

Not only rent free, but fully furnished and utilities free, too.
Hey now...90sGOAT got banned for spouting BS like "the 90s had serviceable players". You sure you want to be on the next bus to banned camp?

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Let's check ;

79 Parish - Not in top 10
Mchale - Not in top 10 until 1985 .

68 Wilt - Best player
68 West - Second best player
68 Elgin - Top 10

96 Jordan - Best
96 Pippen - Top 7-8
96 Rodman - top 15

2005 Manu - Top 15
2005 Tony - top 30
2005 Duncan - second best

10 Bosh - top 15
10 Wade - second best
10 Lebron - third

84 Kareem - top 5
84 Magic - top 3
84 Worthy - top 10

84-86 Mchale - top 6-7
84-86 Parish - top 20
84-86 Dennis - top 20

66 Hondo - top 5
66 Sam - Top 10
66 Bill - second best

52-54 Mikan - Best
52-54 Vern - Top 7-8
52-54 Kangroo - top 15

82 Moses - best
82 Erving - top 3
82 Toney - top 10

69 Lakers
10 Heat
66 Celts
84 Lakers
83 Phila

As a result

Good post.

69 Lakers were stacked.

sd3035
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Shaq/Kobe/whoever, or Jordan/Pippen/whoever

Curry/anyone/anyone is close too

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Shaq/Kobe/whoever, or Jordan/Pippen/whoever

Curry/anyone/anyone is close too

:biggums:

pauk
12-20-2015, 07:38 PM

Damn, its just so many candidates in ISH history... anybody remember Phong or Ripthekik?

Today i have to go with 3ball > Stalker tho, not a big gap but yea... and Kennethgriffin at his peak was arguably GOAT...

Straight_Ballin
12-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Is Irving/Bran/Love or Wade/Bran/Bosh the greatest trio in NBA history?

:lol

Solid post. Once again the bran stans are in full meltdown mode because these trios expose bron. I mean, how the fvck can you not win every-time when you have those other 2 guys on your team!?! The only way you lose is if you choke, which is exactly what Bron did in those 3 finals losses. Replace Bron with Jordan in any finals bron has ever played in and Jordan walks away 6/6.

The reasoning is simple. Jordan never lost a finals and he did it 6 times. He didn't know how to. It wasn't possible. He's incapable of losing in the finals if he gets there. I'm not talking about a 2/2 or 3/3 case, I'm talking 6/6 as the man. Give MJ in 2007 three players scoring in double figures for the season and he dominates the Spurs come finals time. Give him Big Z, a two time all-star, Larry Hughes who was a NBA All-Defensive First Team, AND Drew Gooden not to mention solid players like AV and Sasha Pavs? Are you kidding me? Game over, MJ and Cavs win.

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Solid post. Once again the bran stans are in full meltdown mode because these trios expose bron. I mean, how the fvck can you not win every-time when you have those other 2 guys on your team!?! The only way you lose is if you choke, which is exactly what Bron did in those 3 finals losses. Replace Bron with Jordan in any finals bron has ever played in and Jordan walks away 6/6.

The reasoning is simple. Jordan never lost a finals and he did it 6 times. He didn't know how to. It wasn't possible. He's incapable of losing in the finals if he gets there. I'm not talking about a 2/2 or 3/3 case, I'm talking 6/6 as the man. Give MJ in 2007 three players scoring in double figures for the season and he dominates the Spurs come finals time. Give him Big Z, a two time all-star, Larry Hughes who was a NBA All-Defensive First Team, AND Drew Gooden not to mention solid players like AV and Sasha Pavs? Are you kidding me? Game over, MJ and Cavs win.

Jordan isn't winning in '07, '14, or '15

dubeta
12-20-2015, 07:46 PM

He doesnt even get out of the Eastern Conference those years

And while MJ will have a chance from 2011-2013, I seriously doubt he wins in 2013

So best case scenario, MJ matches LeBrons ring count

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2015, 07:47 PM
He doesnt even get out of the Eastern Conference those years

And while MJ will have a chance from 2011-2013, I sriously doubt he wins in 2013

So best case scenario, MJ matches LeBrons ring count

Lol, he definitely gets to the Finals those years, but he doesn't win them

Straight_Ballin
12-20-2015, 07:48 PM

Right... because a guy who has shown that he doesn't know how to lose in the finals no matter what the situation is....all of a sudden is going to lose. Jordan instilled fear in his opponents. They would crumble. Lebron doesn't have that, and the 2/6 proves that he never had it.

I've got 6/6 perfection in finals to support my argument.

The burden of proof is on you. Not a single person alive who watched MJ play in all those finals is going to agree with you.

FKAri

Hey now...90sGOAT got banned for spouting BS like "the 90s had serviceable players". You sure you want to be on the next bus to banned camp?

stalkerforlife

Agreed.

But to be fair, Bran doesn't belong in the same sentence as.

Jordan.

warriorfan
12-20-2015, 07:50 PM

90sgoat got banned for not knowing shit about ball aka being budaddii

dubeta
12-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Right... because a guy who has shown that he doesn't know how to lose in the finals no matter what the situation is....all of a sudden is going to lose. Jordan instilled fear in his opponents. They would crumble. Lebron doesn't have that, and the 2/6 proves that he never had it.

I've got 6/6 perfection in finals to support my argument.

The burden of proof is on you. Not a single person alive who watched MJ play in all those finals is going to agree with you.

By that Logic I guess LeBron makes it to the 2nd round or further on Jordan's 85-88 teams instead of going 1-9 in the first round

Cause, you know..

LeBron doesnt know how to lose in the first round :lol :lol

Take this 1-9 and stay on the meltdown

sd3035
12-20-2015, 07:55 PM
90sgoat got banned for not knowing shit about ball aka being budaddii

:roll:

Straight_Ballin
12-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Agreed.

But to be fair, Bran doesn't belong in the same sentence as.

Jordan.

This is true, but if you constructed the sentence like "Bran is 1/10th the player that Jordan is", then it would be an acceptable statement.

dubeta
12-20-2015, 08:06 PM
This is true, but if you constructed the sentence like "Bran is 1/10th the player that Jordan is", then it would be an acceptable statement.

Would you say he's more like 1/9th the player Jordan is?

Nash
12-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Damn, its just so many candidates in ISH history... anybody remember Phong or Ripthekik?

Today i have to go with 3ball > Stalker tho, not a big gap but yea... and Kennethgriffin at his peak was arguably GOAT...
kaiiuu as well

Straight_Ballin
12-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Blah...blah...blah... meltdown I'm a type in bold....

All I took from that is that you have no answer for Jordan not knowing how to lose in the finals, and that he would absolutely win if he replaced bron in all the finals bron played in. I don't care about MJ not having a team good enough to get him to the finals or what happened before 96. It's irrelevant to the discussion that Bron faced easier teams in the first round relative to MJ.

What matters is that when he HAD a team good enough to get there, he ensured victory every time. Bron couldn't do for Wade what Jordan did for Pippen. Jordan told Pippen "every time we get to the finals, you will leave with a ring"

Lebron told wade "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6....." and won only 2 rings.

Laughable.

GrapeApe
12-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were indeed a great trio, but they weren't an ideal fit. People tend to just look at the individual production and not consider the team concept and nuances of team play. They made it work, but they had to essentially create their own style to do so. There have been trios that may have been less talented, but their games and style of play complimented each other better. It's faulty logic to assume that more individual talent always equates to better overall team play.

tmacattack33
12-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Lebron-Wade-Bosh was good if you look at each of them individually and then add up the numbers like a ten year old. Lebron = 10, Wade (2011 version) = 9.5, Bosh = 8.5....total = 28.

But if you think about it being a real team, then its different. Wade in 2011 was great, but was redundant to Lebron and also hurt the teams spacing. Bosh is not good as a third option since he won't get the ball much and his defense and rebounding is not great.

The best trio ever was MJ/Pippen/Rodman. Pippen is the PERFECT second option. And Rodman didn't need to see the ball once and would still have a huge impact on a game, so it didn't matter if MJ/Pippen (and Kukoc) had the ball all game.

Prime_Shaq
12-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Lebron-Wade-Bosh was good if you look at each of them individually and then add up the numbers like a ten year old. Lebron = 10, Wade (2011 version) = 9.5, Bosh = 8.5....total = 28.

But if you think about it being a real team, then its different. Wade in 2011 was great, but was redundant to Lebron and also hurt the teams spacing. Bosh is not good as a third option since he won't get the ball much and his defense and rebounding is not great.

The best trio ever was MJ/Pippen/Rodman. Pippen is the PERFECT second option. And Rodman didn't need to see the ball once and would still have a huge impact on a game, so it didn't matter if MJ/Pippen (and Kukoc) had the ball all game.
I agree, LeBron-Wade-Bosh was just 3 really good players put together but they never truly meshed like other Big 3s did. In the same vein, I also believed Shaq-Kobe was the better duo than Jordan-Pippen based on their inside-outside threat. Jordan and Pippen however was the GREATER duo.

72-10
12-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Pippen is the PERFECT second option.

this

Sportal
12-21-2015, 01:54 AM
I'm glad that you mentioned the other trios in OP, lol.

Dresta
12-21-2015, 05:37 AM
I agree, LeBron-Wade-Bosh was just 3 really good players put together but they never truly meshed like other Big 3s did. In the same vein, I also believed Shaq-Kobe was the better duo than Jordan-Pippen based on their inside-outside threat. Jordan and Pippen however was the GREATER duo.
Maybe Bron and Wade weren't "perfect fits" but they certainly meshed and had some quite remarkable chemistry. Just look at their shooting percentages for Christ's sake, look at the 27 game winning streak - that is proof of 'meshing.'

As i said: remarkable chemistry; that they didn't fit together is a bit of a myth tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDNvTgD4Xo

aj1987
12-21-2015, 05:56 AM
Maybe Bron and Wade weren't "perfect fits" but they certainly meshed and had some quite remarkable chemistry. Just look at their shooting percentages for Christ's sake, look at the 27 game winning streak - that is proof of 'meshing.'

As i said: remarkable chemistry; that they didn't fit together is a bit of a myth tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDNvTgD4Xo
http://i.imgur.com/NHssfRJ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lGR5mym.gif
http://i.imgur.com/zCXGqJX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/xRi03Gq.gif

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:32 AM
aj ruined the thread with all that BS that slowed the thread down.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:34 AM
aj, delete all those gifs.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:34 AM
Delete aj.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Ban aj.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Ban aj now.

Just trying to get to page 5.

aj ruined page 4.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Ship his ass out for ruining a thread.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM
aj has no decency.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM
When the heck will I get to page 5.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:39 AM
aj has no respect.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:40 AM
aj ruined this thread.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:41 AM
How many damn posts does it take to get to page 5.

stalkerforlife
12-21-2015, 11:41 AM
aj is a rude person.

ShawkFactory
12-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman.