PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry is shooting 60% from 3 and 58.6% overall.

KevinNYC
12-16-2015, 12:35 PM
FG% .586
3P% .600

Let's see if he keeps this up for whole year.

Pushxx
12-16-2015, 12:37 PM
He's 9 for 15 lol

His release is much slower. He barely plays.

TemporaMutantur
12-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Don't rely too much on his stats. He really is a great shooter, however, he is a huge defensive liability, to the point where he would have the same impact if he was shooting 20% and played average defense.

If he improves that aspect of his game, I really do see a solid career for him.

He was great in SL, but there is a reason we downplay SL.

GIF REACTION
12-16-2015, 01:01 PM
"Defensive liability" is incorrect

He's actually been one of our more active defenders this season when he's played

Genaro
12-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Small sample size. There's things in the game other than shooting anyway.

r0drig0lac
12-16-2015, 01:06 PM
shooter goat

TemporaMutantur
12-16-2015, 01:17 PM
"Defensive liability" is incorrect

He's actually been one of our more active defenders this season when he's played

Well, I haven't seen him play much because he doesn't get played for whatever reason, so my bad if he truly holds his own.

So what do you think the reason he doesn't get more playing time is?

Seems like he should be a nice spark off the bench.

Clifton
12-16-2015, 01:40 PM
If he keeps this up, for the rest of his career, he's the greatest shooter of all time!

GIF REACTION
12-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, I haven't seen him play much because he doesn't get played for whatever reason, so my bad if he truly holds his own.

So what do you think the reason he doesn't get more playing time is?

Seems like he should be a nice spark off the bench.
Plays behind Rondo and Collison

He needs to play more though

He's a surprisingly switched on, active defender, closes out hard and is fundamentally sound

Levity
12-16-2015, 01:54 PM
devin booker shooting 70% from 3 :banana:

on 23 attempts, i believe. what a time to be alive

Draz
12-16-2015, 01:59 PM
I could see the looks missed this one in the family

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:29 PM
The thing is needs to get out of Sacramento -- how teams are not giving him a 2nd chance is IYAHSGDASDHUASDASJLKDHASGDSGADJASGDJHAS!@!

IncarceratedBob
12-16-2015, 03:33 PM
It's funny that he always destroyed Steph when they were growing up, and Seth has said he can shut down Steph. I'm surprised a contender never signed him simply for a playoff series vs GS

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Better than his brother :applause:

clipps
12-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Don't rely too much on his stats. He really is a great shooter, however, he is a huge defensive liability, to the point where he would have the same impact if he was shooting 20% and played average defense.

So he's better than Scrubstin Rivers

outbreak
12-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Plays behind Rondo and Collison

He needs to play more though

He's a surprisingly switched on, active defender, closes out hard and is fundamentally sound
When he was on the orlando summer league teams I thought his problem was he couldn't create for others and he struggled when the defence pressured his ball handling, not so much his handles but his decision making and how easily he was trapped/led around by the defence. I always thought part of why he struggled to make teams was that he was going for that third string role but teams want a vet there so they know what they will be getting if they need to bring them in, they would like someone steady and proven not someone who might be potentially better but might come in and just turn it over/jack up stupid shots.

HylianNightmare
12-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Shooting was never the problem with him,defense and playmaking

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2015, 05:42 PM

So pretty much Steph Curry?

Hah, in all seriousness this dude needs more PT. Obviously being a great shooter runs in the family.

Most teams would benefit on offense giving him substantial minutes.

WorldWarriors
12-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Watched the game last night against the Rockets. I swear him and Steph's games are very similar. Seth's biggest issue is adjusting to the speed of the game. The Rockets and Kings pace was pretty fast and he a little trouble switching but for the most part he did okay. He didn't get a lot of looks but he did manage to cut to the rim for an easy 2. I think he'll be okay but don't know how he'll progress in Sacramento behind both Collison who's good and Rondo who's even better.

KevinNYC
12-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Better than his brother :applause:
I actually learned of Seth Curry's existence today.

:lol

Jameerthefear
12-16-2015, 06:56 PM
When he was on the orlando summer league teams I thought his problem was he couldn't create for others and he struggled when the defence pressured his ball handling, not so much his handles but his decision making and how easily he was trapped/led around by the defence. I always thought part of why he struggled to make teams was that he was going for that third string role but teams want a vet there so they know what they will be getting if they need to bring them in, they would like someone steady and proven not someone who might be potentially better but might come in and just turn it over/jack up stupid shots.
Yeah. Plus he tired easy. He wasn't well conditioned imo

livingby3's
12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
devin booker shooting 70% from 3 :banana:

on 23 attempts, i believe. what a time to be alive

:cheers:

This gen's Ray Allen. That is if the Suns don't fking screw up his development :facepalm