PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe Had A Team As Good As The Spurs This Year

selrahc
12-13-2015, 11:32 AM
He would easily be averaging 27/6/5 on 50% shooting easy. Duncan has never had to carry a squad the way Kobe has his entire career. He has always had paker and ginobili and now aldrigde and the guy with the locks.

dhsilv
12-13-2015, 11:44 AM
He would easily be averaging 27/6/5 on 50% shooting easy. Duncan has never had to carry a squad the way Kobe has his entire career. He has always had paker and ginobili and now aldrigde and the guy with the locks.

Where do you people get this?

feyki
12-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Was that jamaica gold ?

TiagoSimoes
12-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Pop wouldnt let him sniff the court the way he has been playing the last few years

dhsilv
12-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Pop wouldnt let him sniff the court the way he has been playing the last few years

Duncan would have retired on the spot if he realized he was THAT bad.

TiagoSimoes
12-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Duncan would have retired on the spot if he realized he was THAT bad.

The thing is, if kobe wanted, he could be producing and contributing in a smaller role, like duncan does.
But he refuses to accept that no longer he has the capability of being a 1/2 option. He is so selfish its absurd, he thinks only about himself, and is slowing down any kind of progress of the lakers organization.

livingby3's
12-13-2015, 11:54 AM
maybe if he wasn't earning 25m and taking 17 shots a game

DrakeTheSnake
12-13-2015, 12:32 PM

Prime Kobe never shot that well with a team as good as the Spurs. Why would old Kobe be better than prime Kobe? :confusedshrug:

We all know Kobe would shoot this Spurs team into more Ls.

Gus Hemmingway
12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
he'd still shoot 30% :lol

dhsilv
12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
The thing is, if kobe wanted, he could be producing and contributing in a smaller role, like duncan does.
But he refuses to accept that no longer he has the capability of being a 1/2 option. He is so selfish its absurd, he thinks only about himself, and is slowing down any kind of progress of the lakers organization.

Based on what do you draw this conclusion? I've seen nothing to show me that Kobe can do that. His defense is seriously so bad that they can't even hide him. Offensively I'm sure he could be a catch and shoot guy but he's not looked great in that respect either.

I mean it sounds good that he could fall into a different role, but without seeing something....and with him just physically not being at nba level, I'm not sure I buy it.

Sakkreth
12-13-2015, 12:36 PM
He would rot on the bench.

dhsilv
12-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Prime Kobe never shot that well with a team as good as the Spurs. Why would old Kobe be better than prime Kobe? :confusedshrug:

We all know Kobe would shoot this Spurs team into more Ls.

The bigger issue would be the lack of ball movement.

Andrei89
12-13-2015, 01:00 PM
bench player..probably 10 minutes a game.

The Spurs are a true unselfish TEAM, not some lowly pick up game team from the park.

SpecialQue
12-13-2015, 01:02 PM
No matter who you surround him with he'd still take the same shitty, ill-advised shots and miss most of them.

I love Kobe, but please. He's done and no configuration of players is going to make him a better player.

DMAVS41
12-13-2015, 01:15 PM
A few things;

1. No he couldn't. Not only would he be unable to produce like that on any good team, he wouldn't even allow a team to get good because of his style of play combined with his salary

2. A player putting up a 30% usage rate while shooting 43% TS...that sucks defensively... is going to be one of the worst players in the league regardless of circumstances

3. If Kobe plays better the rest of the year...he'll get credit for that, but honestly, teams won't be trying very hard against the Lakers as the other team will be blowing them out routinely if the season so far is any indication

Getting buckets when teams are actually trying is a lot harder than just going out there and making some shots down double digits with no chance to win

aquaadverse
12-13-2015, 01:15 PM
He'd be in the D-League.

VeeCee15
12-13-2015, 01:17 PM
kobe had 2 respectable games
kobe had 23 Crap games

kobe is crap

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Idk, OP is a pretty knowledgeable guy

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387137