PDA

View Full Version : I love curry but. lets see him break a kobe record first

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
- 12 threes in a game ( how has he not broken this yet anyway )

- 81 point game ( might never be done again period )

- 4 straight 50 point games ( doubt it )

- 62 after three quarters ( nope )

- 55 in 2 quarters ( nope.. thats still above currys career high )

- 9 straight 40 point games ( hmmm... i could see it if the warriors lose some players and they dont blow out everyone )

- 40+ppg for an entire month ( kobe did it 4 times. i dont see curry ever accomplishing it )

- 35+ppg for a season ( its possible if curry expands his game )

- 2800 points in a season ( probly not gonna happen )

oh yeah.. and

- outscore a team by himself

http://cdn-05.dunk360.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kobe_bryant_skalij10.jpg

Smoke117
12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Why would Curry care about catching a guy who isn't even in the top 10? :biggums: He's coming for MJ.

stalkerforlife
12-08-2015, 06:08 PM
OP, the Kobe/Curry family disapproves of your comparing the two players. Both are of the same mold and Kobe passed the torch to Curry.

Discontinue and thank you in advance.

Mass Debator
12-08-2015, 06:10 PM
If Curry aimed at the field goal attempts record of 49...that's 12.25 shots per quarter...make 6/12 threes and you're at 18/quarter...that's 72 points all game. Damn, don't see how Curry can get to 81 and I'm being very generous too with 24 total made threes.

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Why would Curry care about catching a guy who isn't even in the top 10? :biggums: He's coming for MJ.

youre right. kobe isnt top 10

all time Guard scoring champion
most 1st team all NBA awards
most 1st team all Defensive awards
5 titles
7 finals
2 finals mvps
1 season mvp
4 allstar mvps
25/5/5 career average
who beat more 50+ win playoff teams than anyone
who won more titles than anyone without a legendary sidekick

is not a top 10 player

i agree

lebron is though right :lol

Smoke117
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
youre right. kobe isnt top 10

all time Guard scoring champion
most 1st team all NBA awards
most 1st team all Defensive awards
5 titles
7 finals
2 finals mvps
1 season mvp
4 allstar mvps
25/5/5 career average
who beat more 50+ win playoff teams than anyone
who won more titles than anyone without a legendary sidekick

is not a top 10 player

i agree

lebron is though right :lol

You don't even know anything about Kobe. I have never seen you actually give an opinion on his actual play...you just post numbers and accolades. Frankly, I don't think you know anything about basketball, period.

inclinerator
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
wow kobe is so buff

FireDavidKahn
12-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Let's see Kobe break a Curry record.

Highest PER ever
Most 3 pointers ever in a season
70% ts% (not a record but better than any Michael Jordan season!)

WayOfWade
12-08-2015, 06:49 PM
When did Kobe outscore a team by himself? And don't give me that 3 quarters crap, there are 4 quarters in a game not 3. And why do they have to be Kobe records? Is it so you specifically can root for him or to say that he's better than Kobe?

HurricaneKid
12-08-2015, 06:50 PM
The only Kobe record I am aware of is the most career missed shots.

Springsteen
12-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Why would Curry care about catching a guy who isn't even in the top 10?

Stop that.

Wade's Rings
12-08-2015, 07:19 PM
You don't even know anything about Kobe. I have never seen you actually give an opinion on his actual play...you just post numbers and accolades. Frankly, I don't think you know anything about basketball, period.

:lebronamazed:

ArbitraryWater
12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Curry doesn't need to expand shit for 35 ppg, he could have that record easily if he were to take the amount of shots, but he doesnt, because he's too good, that his amount is enough already... or if he played in 2006.

12 3's will be broken, matter of time.

the rest (like the above) is useless crap, Curry right now is better than Kobe ever was, by a decent (noticeable) margin.

plowking
12-08-2015, 07:26 PM

Highest PER ever

The funny bit that cracked me up most was that 90% of the "records" OP listed, aren't even records. :oldlol:

Simply Kobe's personal bests. The only record up there is the 12 threes in a game. :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
12-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Kenny I want you to wrap your head around this next stat.

In Kobe's best scoring year of '05-'06: he took 27.2 shots a game and had 10.2 FTA a game. Curry is currently averaging 20.2 FGA a game and 6.2 FTA a game.

Curry is taking 7 less shots and getting 4 less free throws. Think about that for a second. It's about volume, bud.

Lebronxrings
12-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Kenny I want you to wrap your head around this next stat.

In Kobe's best scoring year of '05-'06: he took 27.2 shots a game and had 10.2 FTA a game. Curry is currently averaging 20.2 FGA a game and 6.2 FTA a game.

Curry is taking 7 less shots and getting 4 less free throws. Think about that for a second. It's about volume, bud.
:lol

guy
12-08-2015, 07:49 PM
81 isn't a record.

Kobe has never outscored a team. The game is 4 quarters not 3.

Are you basically saying that Curry has to be as good as Kobe to be great? So that means Kobe is the minimum level of greatness I.e he's the bottom tier of greats?

sportjames23
12-08-2015, 07:51 PM

Highest PER ever

You really don't want to compare Curry to MJ, son.

Keno
12-08-2015, 07:54 PM
this thread is basically "what if curry chucked 40 shots a game", that's not who he is so it won't happen. if he was tho, he would break all these mediocre records with ease.

T_L_P
12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Curry's playing better basketball than Kobe ever has right now. Single game scoring outbursts spread over a decade doesn't change that.

Curry's shooting better from 3 than Kobe ever has from the field. Let that sink in.

ShawkFactory
12-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Only one of those things is a record..

dubeta
12-08-2015, 08:17 PM
i love OP but Kobe isn't top 15 all-time

So who cares...

Straight_Ballin
12-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Because he needs to pass Kobe to even get to MJ. Do you know how this shit works brah?

dubeta
12-08-2015, 08:18 PM
You really don't want to compare Curry to MJ, son.

1-9 vs 0/11

Dunno seems pretty close to me

:confusedshrug:

wang4three
12-08-2015, 08:18 PM
If Curry aimed at the field goal attempts record of 49...that's 12.25 shots per quarter...make 6/12 threes and you're at 18/quarter...that's 72 points all game. Damn, don't see how Curry can get to 81 and I'm being very generous too with 24 total made threes.

Can't see someone shooting that much and not have at a bunch of free throws.

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 08:21 PM
81 isn't a record.

Kobe has never outscored a team. The game is 4 quarters not 3.

Are you basically saying that Curry has to be as good as Kobe to be great? So that means Kobe is the minimum level of greatness I.e he's the bottom tier of greats?

Wilts record wouldnt hold up in a court of law today. No actual tangible evidence

So kobes is the only one that would even qualify

dubeta
12-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Wilts record wouldnt hold up in a court of law today. No actual tangible evidence

So kobes is the only one that would even qualify

Kobe's 2003 testimony wouldn't have held up in a court of law today

Therefore, he should've been in jail for the past decade

So his records are nullified

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Kobe's 2003 testimony wouldn't have held up in a court of law today

Therefore, he should've been in jail for the past decade

So his records are nullified

Unlike bran babies. Kobe fans never cared about what their guy looked like off the court. The best players in every sport were all dirtbags

Jordan

Kobe

Wilt

Kareem

Ruth

Mantle

Bonds

Arod

Brady

Tiger

Ali

All jerks, adulterers, assholes, many in trouble with the law

Wade's Rings
12-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Curry's playing better basketball than Kobe ever has right now. Single game scoring outbursts spread over a decade doesn't change that.

Curry's shooting better from 3 than Kobe ever has from the field. Let that sink in.

Do people seriously believe this?

dubeta
12-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Unlike bran babies. Kobe fans never cared about what their guy looked like off the court. The best players in every sport were all dirtbags

Jordan

Kobe

Wilt

Kareem

Ruth

Mantle

Bonds

Arod

Brady

Tiger

Ali

All jerks, adulterers, assholes, many in trouble with the law

Its not about good or bad..

Kobe should have never played a game after 2003, he cheated the law by bribing Faber out of court. Technically his records from 2003-2015 are nullified

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Its not about good or bad..

Kobe should have never played a game after 2003, he cheated the law by bribing Faber out of court. Technically his records from 2003-2015 are nullified

Actually if he was convicted he'd have faced about what mike tyson got. So 2-3 years

So kobe misses 05,06,07

Lakers would probably have retooled and dominated for even longer from 08 onward had that happened

Plus kobes legs would have held up way longer

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 08:52 PM

****ing ether, hot damn.

It's also telling that kenneth hasn't responded to this or LoneyROY's posts and has chose to go back and forth with dubeta instead. He knows not to tangle with dudes who are more knowledgeable when it comes the game of basketball.

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 08:57 PM
****ing ether, hot damn.

It's also telling that kenneth hasn't responded to this or LoneyROY's posts and has chose to go back and forth with dubeta instead. He knows not to tangle with dudes who are more knowledgeable when it comes the game of basketball.

Currys a better shooter than kobe. Ive stated that before in ish multiple times

But curry isnt the better streak scorer or overall player. Prime kobe gives you every type of shot on the court. Inside and out. Currys better at one aspect of the game.

Currys also better at that one aspect than every other guy that ever played period. So i dont see the big deal

Curry is the greatest shooter this league has ever seen. Period

Like i said. I love the guy and i hope he does good. But he aint no kobe.... sonce even if you took away every single point kobe ever scored. He'd still make the hall of fame just based on his all time record 9 first team all defensive awards and leading 5 world title teams in assists as the main ball handler

AirTupac
12-08-2015, 09:02 PM
****ing ether, hot damn.

Lmao did this dude just call LoneyRoy a knowledgable poster? This bozo lies about "watching games". Boxscore watcher that always gets caught lying.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Lmao did this dude just call LoneyRoy a knowledgable poster? This bozo lies about "watching games". Boxscore watcher that always gets caught lying.

As far as LSJ is concerned, Loney has shown no indication that he isn't knowledgeable about our lord and savior.

:bowdown:

Smoke117
12-08-2015, 09:09 PM

I'd love to know where you even get the balls to make this post? You are one the worst, least respected posters on this board. You're a clown through and through.

LoneyROY7
12-08-2015, 09:10 PM

You're so mad that I live in Los Angeles, watch Laker games, and can see that D'Angelo ain't much to get excited about. :oldlol:

Oh, and how're you liking that benching?

bluechox2
12-08-2015, 09:23 PM
didnt all the kobe fans jump ship..?

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Currys a better shooter than kobe. Ive stated that before in ish multiple times

But curry isnt the better streak scorer or overall player. Prime kobe gives you every type of shot on the court. Inside and out. Currys better at one aspect of the game.

Currys also better at that one aspect than every other guy that ever played period. So i dont see the big deal

Curry is the greatest shooter this league has ever seen. Period

Like i said. I love the guy and i hope he does good. But he aint no kobe.... sonce even if you took away every single point kobe ever scored. He'd still make the hall of fame just based on his all time record 9 first team all defensive awards and leading 5 world title teams in assists as the main ball handler

This is factually incorrect. Curry is a better ball handler and passer than Kobe is as well. He's also one of the best finishers at the rim as well as being a very good defender, holding his defensive assignments to abysmal shooting %'s. His assist numbers are also down more than they should because of the offense the Warriors run. He's much better than the stats say, that's for sure.

Kobe on the other hand, played in the triangle and that's why his assists are so high. He's not actually a better passer or ball handler than Curry. He's also a much less efficient shooter and much easier to contain. He's not nearly as good defensively as his media awards would have you believe. Another knowledgeable basketball fan posted on here about Hakeem having 2 DPOY's, but Duncan being the better defender. Same thing here.

Overall Curry is a much more valuable player to his team and franchise than Kobe Bean Bryant ever could dream of. And I'm saying all of this as the biggest Mamba fan growing up among my brethren. Curry just draws so much more defensive attention and from half court than Kobe ever could and makes the game so much easier for his teammates. He also is a GOAT tier off-ball player which allows his teammates to become facilitators and play-makers, something Kobe wasn't capable of doing. His efficiency (being the greatest shooter ever) along with his godly off-ball play and ability to shoot off the dribble, off-balance, in traffic as well as his ability to take it to the rack and be a top finisher in the NBA make it impossible for defenses to lock in on him and give his team the best opportunity to win ball games unlike we have ever seen before besides peak Shaq possibly, but even then it's debatable.

There's just no comparison between him and Kobe at his best unless you consider Kobe comparable to 3peat Shaq.

raprap
12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
He's gunning for MJ. He's already surpassed Kobe :confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 09:53 PM

Wow, what a jinx.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I guess Curry will have to break Klay's record if he wants to be GOAT, guys.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
12-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Curry is shitting on the league without a dominant post presence to open up looks for him.

DrakeTheSnake
12-08-2015, 09:56 PM
So many of those aren't even records. They are just made up "records." Curry already has made up records of his own that Kobe never beat.

IllegalD
12-08-2015, 09:57 PM

But not better basketball than Duncan't ever has, right...? :rolleyes:

Insecureass Duncan Stanleys. :lol

Wake me up when Curry does his scoring while being an elite/lockdown defender on the other end of the floor. :no:

Also when he does it in the playoffs/finals against some of the GOAT defensive teams like the 2000s-era Spurs and Thibs' Big 3 Celtics.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Curry is shitting on the league without a dominant post presence to open up looks for him.

In truth, Curry is more comparable to Shaq than he is to Kobe. Both unstoppable players that warrant triple teams and make the game easier for everyone around them. Only difference is Curry is also a 90% 3-point shooter, so you can't even send him to the line to avoid his onslaught.

IllegalD

Kobe's most historic scoring seasons where when his center was Kwame Brown... :confusedshrug:

DrakeTheSnake
:bowdown: :applause: :roll:

raprap
12-08-2015, 09:59 PM
In truth, Curry is more comparable to Shaq than he is to Kobe. Both unstoppable players that warrant triple teams and make the game easier for everyone around them. Only difference is Curry is also a 90% 3-point shooter, so you can't even send him to the line to avoid his onslaught.

Good comparison. :applause:

DrakeTheSnake
12-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Kobe's most historic scoring seasons where when his center was Kwame Brown... :confusedshrug:
Curry's team is undefeated though, while Kobe missed the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

qrich
12-08-2015, 10:03 PM

And it wasn't nearly as efficient, nor effective in getting the wins.

raprap
12-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Curry's team is undefeated though, while Kobe missed the playoffs. :confusedshrug:
Ether :oldlol:

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Damn.

:oldlol:

We 'bout to not see kenneth again for a long while if tonight goes the way it might. This thread will be bumped into infinity if everything goes according to plan.

IllegalD
12-08-2015, 10:06 PM

WRONG.

Kobe carried a scrub Lakers team to the playoffs in both 2006 (81 point game, 62 in 3 quarters) and 2007 (50+ point streak).

If you put Curry on those Lakers team he probably doesn't even make the playoffs (gotta be able to score AND play elite defense on those Laker teams for them to make the playoffs)

IllegalD
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Damn.

:oldlol:

We 'bout to not see kenneth again for a long while if tonight goes the way it might. This thread will be bumped into infinity if everything goes according to plan.

Look at this b*tch fool getting all giddy about a statement that wasn't factually correct. #RENTFREE :roll:

Doesn't surprise me that Spurs fans are so haunted/bitter about all the times Kobe has owned them throughout the years. :applause:

IllegalD
12-08-2015, 10:08 PM
And it wasn't nearly as efficient, nor effective in getting the wins.

Curry's scoring is done without being an elite defensive player. :facepalm

Spurs5Rings2014
12-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Look at this b*tch fool getting all giddy about a statement that wasn't factually correct. #RENTFREE :roll:

Doesn't surprise me that Spurs fans are so haunted/bitter about all the times Kobe has owned them throughout the years. :applause:

Duncan and Kobe's record are pretty close between each other even with peak MDE Shaq being The Man for a lot of those Laker squads and Parker/Gino not even being in the league/being rookies/second year + old, shell D. Rob.

IllegalD
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Duncan and Kobe's record are pretty close between each other even with peak MDE Shaq being The Man for a lot of those Laker squads and Parker/Gino not even being in the league/being rookies/second year + old, shell D. Rob.

Still, it's hard to imagine Duncan getting this kind of response/sendoff when he retires.

Duncan just isn't an iconic type of player with a global following like Kobe. It must taste like sh*t to you knowing that future generations will remember Kobe more than they do DunCAN'T (defend his championships)

I<3NBA
12-08-2015, 10:31 PM
unlike Kobe, Curry understands this is a TEAM GAME and plays that way.

Wade's Rings
12-08-2015, 10:33 PM
WRONG.

Kobe carried a scrub Lakers team to the playoffs in both 2006 (81 point game, 62 in 3 quarters) and 2007 (50+ point streak).

If you put Curry on those Lakers team he probably doesn't even make the playoffs (gotta be able to score AND play elite defense on those Laker teams for them to make the playoffs)

His defense wasn't elite those years. You're better off using '03 or '08.

TheBigVeto
12-08-2015, 10:46 PM

- 81 point game ( might never be done again period )

- 4 straight 50 point games ( doubt it )

- 62 after three quarters ( nope )

- 55 in 2 quarters ( nope.. thats still above currys career high )

- 9 straight 40 point games ( hmmm... i could see it if the warriors lose some players and they dont blow out everyone )

- 40+ppg for an entire month ( kobe did it 4 times. i dont see curry ever accomplishing it )

- 35+ppg for a season ( its possible if curry expands his game )

- 2800 points in a season ( probly not gonna happen )

oh yeah.. and

- outscore a team by himself

Kobe is irrelevant dude. No point for a great player like Curry to pay any attention to the above.

kennethgriffin
12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
unlike Kobe, Curry understands this is a TEAM GAME and plays that way.

Curry is a point guard that averages 6 assists

Kobe was a shooting guard that averaged 5 assists

I think for their positions kobe is much more of a team player to be quite honest

Dragonyeuw
12-09-2015, 06:02 AM
Lets see if Kobe's career shooting percentage winds up being lower than Curry's career 3 point percentage to date:

Kobe career FG .449
Curry career 3FG .443

tragicbronson
12-09-2015, 06:24 AM
wtf people are comparing curry to kobe based on 20 games, ish in a nutshell, while kobe was scoring 35 and carrying scrubs to playoffs he was also 1st nba all defensive team, let that sink in, in the meantime dubs are hiding steph on defensive side.

tontoz
12-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Nobody will ever break Kobe's record of 14k missed shots. :bowdown:

buddha
12-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Nobody will ever break Kobe's record of 14k missed shots. :bowdown:

look at the list. tell me one bad player on that list.

the record would easily be Jordans if he entered the league after high school and didn't take three years off. MJ would have like 15k missed shots if he played as many years as Kobe. If LeBron plays till he's 38 that record will be his.

Velocirap31
12-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Donyell Marshall is tied with Kobe for the 12 3's don't forget. He doesn't hold that record alone.

Dragonyeuw
12-09-2015, 10:24 AM
look at the list. tell me one bad player on that list.

the record would easily be Jordans if he entered the league after high school and didn't take three years off. MJ would have like 15k missed shots if he played as many years as Kobe. If LeBron plays till he's 38 that record will be his.

Kareem played 20 years and took more shots,so did Karl Malone. Why doesn't one of them have the record? Kobe is the only player in the top 5 scorers who didn't shoot close to 50% over his career. And just this season alone, how many more missed shots is he going to add to his record at his current rate and %?

Lebron has missed approx 9300 shots in 13 years, he'd need to miss another 5,000 in 7 more seasons( taking him to 38 years) in order to match Kobe's current level. He's well off that pace, and I think we can reasonable say that Lebron's not going to be out there chucking at 36/37 if he's still around.

Dragonyeuw
12-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Donyell Marshall is tied with Kobe for the 12 3's don't forget. He doesn't hold that record alone.

It's just a matter of time. Hell Klay went off for 10 last night. Curry's at a level where right now where he may challenge the record just in a half.

Mr. Jabbar
12-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Kobe is hung like a pendulum clock but chef mandingo is doing amazing things already. This thread is not certified by the Kobe/Curry family

OmniStrife
12-09-2015, 10:32 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1877074/ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

ShawkFactory
12-09-2015, 10:34 AM

I think for their positions kobe is much more of a team player to be quite honest
God you don't know anything about basketball. It's insane.

kennethgriffin
12-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Kareem played 20 years and took more shots,so did Karl Malone. Why doesn't one of them have the record? Kobe is the only player in the top 5 scorers who didn't shoot close to 50% over his career. And just this season alone, how many more missed shots is he going to add to his record at his current rate and %?

Lebron has missed approx 9300 shots in 13 years, he'd need to miss another 5,000 in 7 more seasons( taking him to 38 years) in order to match Kobe's current level. He's well off that pace, and I think we can reasonable say that Lebron's not going to be out there chucking at 36/37 if he's still around.

kobe shot threes and karl/kareem didnt

missing more shots is part of taking thousands upon thousands of three pointers

kobes the all time guard scoring champion. ofcourse he'l have the most shots

its like saying the all time touchdown completion record is held by a guy who threw the most touchdown passes

pretty dumb if you ask me

and i'm a god damn genius

imnew09
12-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Kobe is hung like a pendulum clock but chef mandingo is doing amazing things already. This thread is not certified by the Kobe/Curry family

Amen :applause: :applause:

CurryBe fam is too strong at this point

sd3035
12-09-2015, 03:35 PM
The funny bit that cracked me up most was that 90% of the "records" OP listed, aren't even records. :oldlol:

Simply Kobe's personal bests. The only record up there is the 12 threes in a game. :oldlol:

That record is gone soon :lol

kennethgriffin
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
That record is gone soon :lol

i said a kobe record

not nba record

kobe has plenty of nba records other than the 3 point one btw

most 1st team all nbas
most 1st team defenses
most all nba teams period
most consecutive allstar games and starts
most allstar game mvps
most 25+ win teams eliminated
most seasons played with one franchise
most allstar game points scored
only player with 30k points and 6k assists
youngest player named to all defensive team
youngest player to start a game
youngest dunk contest winner
youngest allstar starter

probly many many more too

sd3035
12-09-2015, 03:46 PM
i said a kobe record

not nba record

kobe has plenty of nba records other than the 3 point one btw

most 1st team all nbas
most 1st team defenses
most all nba teams period
most consecutive allstar games and starts
most allstar game mvps
most 25+ win teams eliminated
most seasons played with one franchise
most allstar game points scored
only player with 30k points and 6k assists
youngest player named to all defensive team
youngest player to start a game
youngest dunk contest winner
youngest allstar starter

probly many many more too

Well, he certainly won't break Kobe's most prestigious record

most missed shots of all time :bowdown:

kennethgriffin
12-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, he certainly won't break Kobe's most prestigious record

most missed shots of all time :bowdown:

or all time guard scoring champion

which both records pretty much go hand in hand due to the addition of three point shots when the only 2 leading scorers ahead are post players

never understood why this is a bad thing

if you shoot the most. score the most out of anyone who shoots. you'l probly have the most misses

Dragonyeuw
12-09-2015, 03:54 PM

k

Thank you for proving my point about shot selection. So let's compare his numbers to some random perimeter greats, across eras:

MJ 30.1 on .497
Lebron 27.3 on .496
Bird 24.3 on .496
Nique 24.8 on .461
D.Wade 24.0 on .490
Durant 27.3 on .482

Kobe's field goal percentage is a product of the types of shots that's well within his control. Since he has GOAT level midrange game and 'footwork' as you stans like to brag, and an all-time level IQ, he should have been able to create higher percentage shots for himself. Right?

tontoz
12-09-2015, 07:55 PM

Especially when you are a crap shooter, 33.1% for his career. Maybe he shouldn't have been taking so many.

He is taking over 7 per game now shooting 22%. :facepalm

Smoke117
12-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Thank you for proving my point about shot selection. So let's compare his numbers to some random perimeter greats, across eras:

MJ 30.1 on .497
Lebron 27.3 on .496
Bird 24.3 on .496
Nique 24.8 on .461
D.Wade 24.0 on .490
Durant 27.3 on .482

Kobe's field goal percentage is a product of the types of shots that's well within his control. Since he has GOAT level midrange game and 'footwork' as you stans like to brag, and an all-time level IQ, he should have been able to create higher percentage shots for himself. Right?

It's worth noting that in his entire career Kobe has only been able to hit 50% of his two point shots in a season...once. It's easy for Kenneth to bring up 3pt shooting hurting his fg%, but he wasn't that efficient on his 2pters either when compared to guys like Jordan and Wade.

kennethgriffin
12-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Especially when you are a crap shooter, 33.1% for his career. Maybe he shouldn't have been taking so many.

He is taking over 7 per game now shooting 22%. :facepalm

A) if anyone took the type of contested 3's kobe took his entire career... their percentage would be in the low 20's

B) you do realize that 33% threes is the equivalent of shooting 50% on 2's right?

kennethgriffin
12-09-2015, 08:24 PM
It's worth noting that in his entire Kobe has only been about to hit 50% of his two point shots in a season...once. It's easy for Kenneth to bring up 3pt shooting hurting his fg%, but he wasn't that efficient on his 2pters either when compared to guys like Jordan and Wade.

Lebron proved that shying away trying to protect your fg% only brings disappointment. If kobe didnt play like it was playstation maybe he doesnt have a top 5-7 all time career

AirTupac
12-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Kenneth is gunning ****** down left and right with these comebacks :applause: :applause:

knicksman
12-09-2015, 08:36 PM
curry is gunning for GOAT so I doubt he cares about kobes records. The guy is on pace of beating Jordans records. 72-10, then rings.

tontoz
12-09-2015, 09:21 PM
A) if anyone took the type of contested 3's kobe took his entire career... their percentage would be in the low 20's

B) you do realize that 33% threes is the equivalent of shooting 50% on 2's right?

Curry takes contested 3s all the time and is a career 44% shooter from 3. Did you know that is the equivalent of shooting 66%?

Kobe's 33.1% from 3 = efg of 49.65%. There are 12 teams that have team averages better than that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/effectiveFGPct

KobeTards....:facepalm

Smoke117
12-10-2015, 04:02 AM

Bringing up the fact that Kobe has always had a habit to shoot moronic shots does not help your case.

Dragonyeuw
12-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Bringing up the fact that Kobe has always had a habit to shoot moronic shots does not help your case.

Pretty much, but the kobetards think 'greatest bad shot-taker' is a compliment.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-10-2015, 08:32 AM

You may be the most retarded person on this forum.

Their positions have nothing to do with how much the ball is in their hands. :facepalm

Both are guards, but Curry primarily plays off ball much more than Kobe does.

You've said it yourself in the past, Kobe was the primary ball-handler and facilitator for all 5 of his chips.

The ball is in his hands much more than Curry and yet Curry still averages more assists per game. :confusedshrug:

Curry makes his teammates better by playing off ball and thus allowing guys like Green and Iggy to be play-makers.

Kobe is getting less assists, scoring less PPG on worse shooting %'s while having a higher usage rate and eating up more possessions/taking more shots.

Let that sink in.

Dragonyeuw
12-10-2015, 10:04 AM
You may be the most retarded person on this forum.

Their positions have nothing to do with how much the ball is in their hands. :facepalm

Both are guards, but Curry primarily plays off ball much more than Kobe does.

You've said it yourself in the past, Kobe was the primary ball-handler and facilitator for all 5 of his chips.

The ball is in his hands much more than Curry and yet Curry still averages more assists per game. :confusedshrug:

Curry makes his teammates better by playing off ball and thus allowing guys like Green and Iggy to be play-makers.

Kobe is getting less assists, scoring less PPG on worse shooting %'s while having a higher usage rate and eating up more possessions/taking more shots.

Let that sink in.

But...but but....he's the greatest bad shot-maker ever!

DrakeTheSnake
12-10-2015, 10:20 AM

What are were their minutes and usage rates though? I'm pretty sure that factors into the assist numbers.

CurryOverLebron
12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
I hate Kobe but. lets see him shoot above 47% first.