PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Youth Team (Reggio Calabria - Of Italian 2ND Division) Offers Him A Contract

Euroleague
12-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Kobe Bryant's first ever official club team, Reggio Calabria, the team that he began his youth basketball career with in Italy, playing in the club's under 8 team, and the same team that his father, Joe Bryant, also played for as a part of the senior men's team...........

Has officially offered him a contract.

And before all the trolls and liars here at ISH start their crap - Reggio Calabria does NOT play in the Euroleague, does NOT play in Europe's 2nd tier competition, the Eurocup, and does NOT play in the Italian First Division either.

Reggio Calabria plays in the Italian SECOND DIVISION, or basically, Italy's own equivalent of the NBA D-League.

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/155376/reggio-calabria-makes-a-job-offer-to-bryant

Reggio Calabria makes a job offer to Bryant!

By Yiannis Bouranis/ info@eurohoops.net

The team in which Kobe Bryant’s father, Joe, played in the 1986-87 season, sent the Los Angeles Lakers’ superstar an emotional letter, in which an official job offer was “included”.

According to an exclusive report from TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/07/kobe-bryant-offer-italian-team/), Reggio Calabria sent a letter to Kobe Bryant in order to convince him to postpone his retirement in order to come and play in the country, where he spent some of his childhood years. Joe “Jellybean” Bryant played for the Italian club in the season 1986-87, making some impressive performances and scoring 69 points in one of the matches he played! As a matter of fact, in its effort to persuade Bryant to play for Reggio Calabria, the Italian team sent him a picture, where Bryant wore the squad’s jersey, when he was eight years old.

http://www.eurohoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1204-sub-kobe-bryant-tmz-1.jpg

Among other things, the Italian club’s letter mentions: “Dear child of Reggio Calabria, fantastic Kobe, in this beautiful country, that loves you very much, we close our eyes and dream. There will always be a home for you in our club. Our dream might be too big, but maybe it is the same dream you unknowingly had as that 8-year-old boy in the picture. We want you to come home, to wear our colours, to represent our city, just as your father did before you. There is a black and orange family that is waiting for you, with the same name on the back: ‘Bryant.’ A warm hug, dear Kobe, our great basketball legend.”

http://www.eurohoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/kobe-letter-tmz-sports-3.jpg

rustycage
12-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Not going to happen, Kobe has already answered an italian journalist a few days ago. On a side note, Viola Reggio Calabria is the team that discovered a guy called Emanuel Gin

Lebronxrings
12-07-2015, 04:24 PM
so are they tanking?

HylianNightmare
12-07-2015, 05:20 PM
I'd love it

outbreak
12-07-2015, 05:21 PM
He could go to Europe like he's said in the past but if he does I doubt it's to this club. He'd go somewhere with some media presence and some money to actually pay his expenses. Maybe not euroleague but at least a richer eurocup team.

Euroleague
12-07-2015, 05:31 PM
He could go to Europe like he's said in the past but if he does I doubt it's to this club. He'd go somewhere with some media presence and some money to actually pay his expenses. Maybe not euroleague but at least a richer eurocup team.

Barca said they offered him a deal, and Kobe initially said he would like to play there, but I think that's zero chance to happen now. That was before the season began, and there is no chance in hell Barca signs him now after seeing how he played this year.

Barca wants to win, and they don't like to waste roster spots. Also, Kobe wants to play and jack shots, and neither would happen at Barca.

So, if I had to guess, if he did play in Europe, it would either be with Reggio Emilia, an Italian team that plays in 2nd tier Eurocup, and where Kobe's father also used to play and also used to work in the office, or Olimpia Milano, the Italian Euroleague team, where Kobe used to own a part of the team, and where he's good friends with the current owner, who is also super rich.

I don't think there are any other realistic options for him now. Reggio Calabria is obviously too small of a club, and some other club signing him would just be an obvious marketing and media stunt only.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Barca said they offered him a deal, and Kobe initially said he would like to play there, but I think that's zero chance to happen now. That was before the season began, and there is no chance in hell Barca signs him now after seeing how he played this year.

Barca wants to win, and they don't like to waste roster spots. Also, Kobe wants to play and jack shots, and neither would happen at Barca.

So, if I had to guess, if he did play in Europe, it would either be with Reggio Emilia, an Italian team that plays in 2nd tier Eurocup, and where Kobe's father also used to play and also used to work in the office, or Olimpia Milano, the Italian Euroleague team, where Kobe used to own a part of the team, and where he's good friends with the current owner.

I don't think there are any other realistic options for him now. Reggio Calabria is obviously too small of a club.
Yeah reggio is too small and I agree a team wanting to win wants no part of him. I still think if his agent made it known he was serious about coming over some clubs who aren't in win now mode would offer him deals knowing that it's a chance to lose for a year but gain worldwide recognition and jersey sales. Like I said before, maybe not in the euroleague but at least the eurocup or somewhere on a similar level. Hell he wouldn't even need to play the full season, just sign him and let him play a handful of games then just have him on the side line "injured" if needed. All they'd want is to be the club where Kobe played.

Euroleague
12-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah reggio is too small and I agree a team wanting to win wants no part of him. I still think if his agent made it known he was serious about coming over some clubs who aren't in win now mode would offer him deals knowing that it's a chance to lose for a year but gain worldwide recognition and jersey sales. Like I said before, maybe not in the euroleague but at least the eurocup or somewhere on a similar level. Hell he wouldn't even need to play the full season, just sign him and let him play a handful of games then just have him on the side line "injured" if needed. All they'd want is to be the club where Kobe played.

But that would have to be one of the huge clubs in Europe, as in the huge multi sport clubs and that also have the big soccer clubs and enormous fan bases.

Otherwise, no one is going to make out through jersey sales.

And in those kinds of teams, players have to be visible and have a connection to the team, the fans, playing time, and winning important games for the fans to make that connection to merchandise.

They might initially sell quite a few Kobe jerseys, but that would be it, unless he was actually involved.

I remember Dominique Wilkins generated a lot of merchandise income for Panathinaikos, but that's because he was important in the team the whole year. Numerous other famous players from NBA and Europe have went to Panathinaikos and not generated any revenues, because they bombed on the court.

The jersey sales if Kobe was sitting would be more in the USA, because European sports fans generally don't go for media and gimmick marketing stunts.

However, if Kobe went to play at Olimpia Milano, which has a guaranteed franchise in the new Euroleague, and signed deals with Nike and EA7 to promote a European tour, then that could work. It has the money, it has the media presence and market, it has the fan base, it has the Euroleague spot, and it has the owner that can pay him whatever he wants (truly more than the NBA pays him if needed), and the same owner that can make him a huge marketing deal also, through his enormous fashion empire.

Olimpia Milano also never cares about winning, nor about players endlessly jacking and chucking shots with a reckless and mindless abandon. In fact, they currently have Alessandro Gentile for that very specific role. Daryl "The Moron" Morey has said numerous times that he wants to sign Gentile this summer, so that would leave the designated mindless chucker spot on Milano open for Kobe.

Olimpia Milano seems the most realistic option, if Kobe would decide to play in Europe next season.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 05:47 PM
But that would have to be one of the huge clubs in Europe, as in the huge multi sport clubs and that also have the big soccer clubs and enormous fan bases.

Otherwise, no one is going to make out through jersey sales.

And in those kinds of teams, players have to be visible and have a connection to the team, the fans, playing time, and winning important games for the fans to make that connection to merchandise.

They might initially sell quite a few Kobe jerseys, but that would be it, unless he was actually involved.

I remember Dominique Wilkins generated a lot of merchandise income for Panathinaikos, but that's because he was important in the team the whole year. Numerous other famous players from NBA and Europe have went to Panathinaikos and not generated any revenues, because they bombed on the court.

The jersey sales if Kobe was sitting would be more in the USA, because European sports fans generally don't go for media and gimmick marketing stunts.

However, if Kobe went to play at Olimpia Milano, which has a guaranteed franchise in the new Euroleague, and signed deals with Nike and EA7 to promote a European tour, then that could work. It has the money, it has the media presence and market, it has the fan base, it has the Euroleague spot, and it has the owner that can pay him whatever he wants (truly more than the NBA pays him if needed), and the same owner that can make him a huge marketing deal also, through his enormous fashion empire.

Olimpia Milano also never cares about winning, nor about players endlessly jacking and chucking shots with a reckless and mindless abandon. In fact, they currently have Alessandro Gentile for that very specific role. Daryl "The Moron" Morey has said numerous times that he wants to sign Gentile this summer, so that would leave the designated mindless chucker spot on Milano open for Kobe.

Olimpia Milano seems the most realistic option, if Kobe would decide to play in Europe next season.
I don't mean euro sales, I mean that places like china eat up anything with kobe's name on it. The market outside of europe/us has grown a lot this decade and a lot of them love kobe.

IllegalD
12-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Kobe would most likely average 35 PPG, 15 AST and 13 REBs against Euroleague scrubs.

I would love this. :rockon:

feyki
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Kobe would most likely average 35 PPG, 15 AST and 13 REBs against Euroleague scrubs.

In this year Kobe wouldn't average 20+ points in euroleague . And Calabria aren't also playing in euroleague .

That is honor and emotional offer for Kobe . Calabria got respect from me .

outbreak
12-07-2015, 06:07 PM

If he can't shoot in the NBA he can't shoot in europe either.....

IllegalD
12-07-2015, 06:20 PM
If he can't shoot in the NBA he can't shoot in europe either.....

He won't have to. He'll be able to easily blow by weakass Euroleague defense and post up inferior athletic players all day long. :kobe:

Euroleague
12-09-2015, 11:21 PM

He won't have to. He'll be able to easily blow by weakass Euroleague defense and post up inferior athletic players all day long. :kobe:

You are certifiably insane.