PDA

View Full Version : Evan Fournier

Mass Debator
11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
How good is he and how good can he become? He's 23 years of age with good length and a nice shot.

iTare
11-05-2015, 06:12 PM
google image search fournier for the answer.

Jameerthefear
11-05-2015, 06:12 PM
he could be really good

Ariza4three
11-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Meh.

Levity
11-05-2015, 06:14 PM
orlando didnt extend him, is that right?

is he a long term option for them? possible trade bait by all star break?

ive always liked his game. and i know george karl is a fan too. could see the kings offering a little package for him. i also see him as a better pairing next to russel than clarkson. so i wouldnt be against a trade that revolves around those two guys.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Hope he doesn't go off on Friday.

Mass Debator
11-05-2015, 06:22 PM
he could be really good
How good? Haven't watched him play closely until this year where I have Vucevic on my fantasy squad. Can he keep his averages up?

Jameerthefear
11-05-2015, 06:23 PM
orlando didnt extend him, is that right?

is he a long term option for them? possible trade bait by all star break?

ive always liked his game. and i know george karl is a fan too. could see the kings offering a little package for him. i also see him as a better pairing next to russel than clarkson. so i wouldnt be against a trade that revolves around those two guys.
they didn't extend him because they wanted him to play his value out. i dont think la has anything orlando wants other than young talent or picks

Jameerthefear
11-05-2015, 06:24 PM
How good? Haven't watched him play closely until this year where I have Vucevic on my fantasy squad. Can he keep his averages up?
he won't keep these averages up, but he's a very crafty player. he's not a great passer but he's amazing at finishing at the rim and the 3 point threat makes him a hard cover since he pump fakes so much. not a bad defender either

SwishSquared
11-05-2015, 06:25 PM
they didn't extend him because they wanted him to play his value out. i dont think la has anything orlando wants other than young talent or picksThey could strip protection/extend obligation from a future first they owe you guys (I think if it's not conveyed by 2018 it's a second rounder or something).

Maybe they're dumb and offer one of their 3 young guys. Doubt it though.

I think Fournier can eventually be the first wing off the bench on a team capable of making a deep playoff run. He's definitely got value in his offensive game.

senelcoolidge
11-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Isn't this a contract year? Highly suspect when a guy just plays much better when it happens to be a contract year.

Mass Debator
11-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Isn't this a contract year? Highly suspect when a guy just plays much better when it happens to be a contract year.
Yea but then he just turned 23 a few days ago...it's hard to gauge what's really going on?

HoopologyPhD
11-05-2015, 06:38 PM

:lol I see what you did there, I have heard what happens but decline to see for myself.

outbreak
11-05-2015, 06:43 PM
He's always been streaky. If you recall last season he started in the same way and then regressed. He's still a handy scorer and a solid volume shooter from deep.

I imagine we didn't extend him because he was asking for starters money and up until that point he hadn't shown he can be consistently worth that. Still hasn't with this small sample size and his history of inconsistency but he's on the way.

He's also a trade chip for us this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved him with Frye at some point but adding in Frye to the deal lowers what we'd get back. Frye could still be useful on a contending team though where he doesn't have to defend or play in the paint like he does with us.

I don't see L.A having anything Orlando would trade for, he'd be a perfect fit for Memphis but I don't see what they'd have either. I imagine with Hennigans past they will move him for a low first/early second round player from the last couple of years and a draft pick if he's moved, dunno though everything Fournier has said so far has pointed towards him really wanting to stay in Orlando, from their twitter/instagrams it seems he is really close with some of the guys on the roster.

outbreak
11-05-2015, 06:44 PM
:lol I see what you did there, I have heard what happens but decline to see for myself.
His nickname is "don't google" for a reason. He even tweeted out a warning not to do it awhile back lol

feyki
11-05-2015, 06:49 PM
He's nasty scorer.

Jameerthefear
11-05-2015, 09:17 PM
He's always been streaky. If you recall last season he started in the same way and then regressed. He's still a handy scorer and a solid volume shooter from deep.

I imagine we didn't extend him because he was asking for starters money and up until that point he hadn't shown he can be consistently worth that. Still hasn't with this small sample size and his history of inconsistency but he's on the way.

He's also a trade chip for us this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved him with Frye at some point but adding in Frye to the deal lowers what we'd get back. Frye could still be useful on a contending team though where he doesn't have to defend or play in the paint like he does with us.

I don't see L.A having anything Orlando would trade for, he'd be a perfect fit for Memphis but I don't see what they'd have either. I imagine with Hennigans past they will move him for a low first/early second round player from the last couple of years and a draft pick if he's moved, dunno though everything Fournier has said so far has pointed towards him really wanting to stay in Orlando, from their twitter/instagrams it seems he is really close with some of the guys on the roster.
Evan >>>>> some shitty low draft pick

i'd rather keep him

outbreak
11-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Evan >>>>> some shitty low draft pick

i'd rather keep him
yeah but that's what hennigans done in the past and if he can dump frye i rekon he'd do it

Jameerthefear
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
yeah but that's what hennigans done in the past and if he can dump frye i rekon he'd do it
that would be amazingly dumb. especially since hennigan's track record on lower picks isn't stellar

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 02:20 AM
they didn't extend him because they wanted him to play his value out. i dont think la has anything orlando wants other than young talent or picks

Wtf do teams look for in trades other than these 2 things? Magic aren't a title contender, they still looking to build obviously.

To Levity, helllllllll nooooo braaaaah. No way would I trade Clarkson for Fournier, absolutely not. Why try to build around Russell when Clarkson is already showing he will be the real deal? Dudes balling and you think its a good idea to trade him for someone who fits better next to our potentially failed top pick?

outbreak
11-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Wtf do teams look for in trades other than these 2 things? Magic aren't a title contender, they still looking to build obviously.

To Levity, helllllllll nooooo braaaaah. No way would I trade Clarkson for Fournier, absolutely not. Why try to build around Russell when Clarkson is already showing he will be the real deal? Dudes balling and you think its a good idea to trade him for someone who fits better next to our potentially failed top pick?
Fournier is a lot better than clarkson...

4 Inches
11-06-2015, 03:55 AM
He's like ready salted crisps.
Nothing special but it'll do.

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 04:17 AM
Fournier is a lot better than clarkson...

Really, he's a lot better? I didn't even say that Clarkson is a lot better I just think it would be foolish to trade basically our best player on our team for a guy that looks like he will be a career role player. Which isn't saying anything bad, role players are still a big deal (Draymond Green, Lamar Odom, etc.), but lets be real...Fournier will never be an allstar.

I LIKE THE DUDE, DON'T GET IT TWISTED!!! But let's just be honest, let's be real. Clarkson has IT and Fournier doesn't. Westbrook has IT and Mo Williams doesn't, that doesn't make Mo a bad player.

tragicbronson
11-06-2015, 04:30 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/cn8moZYpeK4Sc/giphy.gif

CeltsGarlic
11-06-2015, 05:00 AM
Really, he's a lot better? I didn't even say that Clarkson is a lot better I just think it would be foolish to trade basically our best player on our team for a guy that looks like he will be a career role player. Which isn't saying anything bad, role players are still a big deal (Draymond Green, Lamar Odom, etc.), but lets be real...Fournier will never be an allstar.

I LIKE THE DUDE, DON'T GET IT TWISTED!!! But let's just be honest, let's be real. Clarkson has IT and Fournier doesn't. Westbrook has IT and Mo Williams doesn't, that doesn't make Mo a bad player.

The only thing clarckson has is his wacky ass handles.

I<3NBA
11-06-2015, 05:18 AM
oh you ****er

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 05:22 AM
The only thing clarckson has is his wacky ass handles.

And quickness/first step explosion, and solid passer, and good ****ing scorer, dudes takes it HARD TO THE PAINT MA?YNE.

**** yall I'm goin to bed.

Jameerthefear
11-06-2015, 08:16 AM
i dont like JC simply because he's like one of the worst defenders in the league

Alamо
11-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Magic have such a talented young roster. Hope they pull it together some day

CarlosBoozer
11-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Skinny nigguh, can score doe

Bay Area Baller
11-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Watched this man play last year a lot. Great moves and crafty like you guys saying. Only thing that makes him streaky is when defenses are shutting down his team. He becomes this bail out option which isn't his strength. But for a SG he gets his players involved with good looks and good spacing. I think Vucevic's fantasy value is safe, for now. :lol , would definitely be a nice piece on say the Grizzlies.

oarabbus
11-06-2015, 06:49 PM

You're trying to act like Clarkson is substantially better than Fournier. I just dont see it.

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 09:05 PM
You're trying to act like Clarkson is substantially better than Fournier. I just dont see it.

Fournier 1/8 as we speak, Clarkson starting out hot as always, shooting above 50% yet again.

And don't give me shit "ohh it's only one game", cause yall the ones overreacting and overrating Fournier after 2 games.

Fournier was a good scorer last year for Orlando as well fyi, not like he doing something new. He was always a scorer, but he doesn't space the floor and do the little things like Clarkson does. I'm not saying Clarkson is substantially better, I'm just listing his quality's over Fournier, you come up with that opinion yourself after reading the facts.

Jameerthefear
11-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Fournier 1/8 as we speak, Clarkson starting out hot as always, shooting above 50% yet again.

And don't give me shit "ohh it's only one game", cause yall the ones overreacting and overrating Fournier after 2 games.

Fournier was a good scorer last year for Orlando as well fyi, not like he doing something new. He was always a scorer, but he doesn't space the floor and do the little things like Clarkson does. I'm not saying Clarkson is substantially better, I'm just listing his quality's over Fournier, you come up with that opinion yourself after reading the facts.
what
do u watch basketball

LoneyROY7
11-06-2015, 09:07 PM

But that's exactly what he does.

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 09:08 PM
what
do u watch basketball

nah
thank god you do

kurple
11-06-2015, 09:15 PM

well Orlando is leading against the undefeated Raptors, while Lakers are losing to the Nets who havent won a game yet

and lol at fournier not spacing the floor

Bosnian Sajo
11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
well Orlando is leading against the undefeated Raptors, while Lakers are losing to the Nets who havent won a game yet

We are looking at individual performance, ofc Orlando is better than LA, every team is better than us atm. Even the ****ing Nets.

Is Harrison Barnes better than Carmelo just because his team is winning? Stick to soccer, Kurple.

outbreak
11-06-2015, 11:27 PM

fournier played like 40 minutes last game and 30 something before that. he's also being covered a lot harder this game as our leading scorer. He literally is a floor spacer too. that's exactly what he does. He's also having a sneaky good defensive season this year. Normally wouldn't have rated his d but this year he's been great. He just had the winning defensive play in that game vs toronto.