PDA

View Full Version : Best PF: Griffin or Davis?

GIF REACTION
10-29-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm going with Griffin due to that offensive polish. Dude was a nightmare to guard last night. Can score in more ways than Davis can IMO

nba_55
10-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Griffin. Davis is one of the most overrated players in the league. It will be Love once he gets more confortable with the Cavs.

chips93
10-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm going with Griffin due to that offensive polish. Dude was a nightmare to guard last night. Can score in more ways than Davis can IMO

Griffin is definitely the more well rounded scorer, but i'll take davis because of his rebounding and defensive edge over griffin.

GIF REACTION
10-29-2015, 01:23 PM
It's no surprise that LAC are the best offense in the league

And Blake is the heart of that offense

CP3 may be the facilitator, but it is that pick and roll, pinch post, screening action that Blake makes that causes it to work so well

Very reminiscent of Karl Malone

90sgoat
10-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Griffin had a sensational playoff series, not his fault Paul couldn't deliver.

Mass Debator
10-29-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't expect Blake to be that ON when it comes to his jumper. If he continues though, I expect an MVP trophy.

HoopologyPhD
10-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Griffin.

I haven't seen AD play that much but was surprised how bad he looked in the playoffs last year despite the garbage time stats.

Johnni Gade
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
This season. Griffin -> Davis so far

Pushxx
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
I don't think anybody realizes how bad the Pelicans' coaching has been for several years, including now.

The fact that they made the playoffs at all considering their injuries, awful coaching, and poorly constructed roster tells you how good AD is.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-29-2015, 02:04 PM
So after one game, Gentry (who seemed to be getting as much credit, if not more for the Warriors leap from good to great than Kerr) is ass?

I'll take Davis, btw. Tho Griffin is like a modern day Chuck lately. There's definitely not much of a gap between the two right now. Nor last season, for that matter.

Dro
10-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Last year, most would have said Davis. Now after 1 game, its Griffin?

I dunno, I'd probably say Griffin too, lol...

LoneyROY7
10-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Blake.

Love to see ISH coming around.

SugarHill
10-29-2015, 02:26 PM
players are only as good as their last game

MannyO
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM
So ISH overreacting after one game is actually true...

Anyway I'd take Davis over Griffin. Aside from having better looking dunks, what aspect of the game is Griffin better than Davis?

Lets remember that Griffin is playing alongside the best TRUE PG of our generation. While Davis is playing with... Ish Smith.

LoneyROY7
10-29-2015, 02:48 PM

Anyway I'd take Davis over Griffin. Aside from having better looking dunks, what aspect of the game is Griffin better than Davis?

Lets remember that Griffin is playing alongside the best TRUE PG of our generation. While Davis is playing with... Ish Smith.

Hmmm let's see...ball-handling, passing, post-game, attacking the basket, and by the looks of it now, maybe even mid-range shooting.

So yeah, quite a few aspects.

Oh, and BG has always put up better numbers playing WITHOUT the pest PG of this generation. So there's that too.

HylianNightmare
10-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Davis

Dr Hawk
10-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Davis

TommyGriffin
10-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Griffin

T_L_P
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Davis but I've got to say, I've watched a lot of his stuff and I don't think he's nearly as good as the metrics would suggest, especially defensively.

TheCalmInsanity
10-29-2015, 03:06 PM

LOL what

Have you not seen Blake handle the ball, pass the ball, or call for pick and rolls with DeAndre like he's a point guard?

Griffin commands double teams all night and makes good decisions when defenses gravitate towards him

Rocketswin2013
10-29-2015, 03:12 PM
Come the **** on. One game? :lol

I'd take Davis on pretty much every team in the league. Griffin may be the second-best though. But don't forget about Love, he's about to be great.