PDA

View Full Version : Kobe comments on his 93rd ranking!

JT123
10-09-2015, 01:50 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/kobe-bryant-on-espn-ranking-him-93rd-please-dont-ask-me-about-silly-stuff-like-that
He called them a bunch of idiots last year but his 40th ranking turned out to be generous. This year Kobe seems to be keeping his mouth shut

ISHGoat
10-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Took him only one year to learn to STFU yet 21 years later he still hasnt learned what a high percentage shot is.

Lowest IQ out of the top 20 greats

dubeta
10-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Deep down he knows its true, but his Fake "Alpha" persona that he trys to portray would never allow him to admit it.

JT123
10-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Deep down he knows its true, but his Fake "Alpha" persona that he trys to portray would never allow him to admit it.
By shutting his mouth he basically is admitting it. Last year Kobe called them a bunch of idiots because he still had delusions of grandeur. Unfortunately HE is the one who ended up looking like an idiot after that pathetically bad season he had. :oldlol:
This year he is keeping his head down and mouth shut like the true beta male he has always been, despite what he tries to portray while the cameras are rolling.

SOD 21
10-09-2015, 02:23 PM
I have been a Los Angeles Lakers fan going back to 1979 and have watched, probably, 90% to 95% of all Laker games played over that time. Many times I have defended Kobe Bryant from irrational haters out there.

But Kobe Bryant should be thankful he was even ranked in the top 100, seriously. Since blowing out his Achilles tendon, he is averaging 21 points on 19 field-goal attempts while shooting only 38% FG and 28.5% on three-point shots.

He doesn't even pretend to play defense and can't stay healthy. A rating in the top 100 is generous, to say the least. The truth is that he is one of the worst players in the NBA now, but I always knew it had to end this way.

Mr. Jabbar
10-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Im a HUGE fan of the lebron family, in fact, I'm the founder and leader. But I gotta admit these guys won't stop making kobe threads. Embarrassing..

lil jahlil
10-09-2015, 02:27 PM
He knows it is true.

kennethgriffin
10-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I've been quoted saying the ranking is fair
If anything theyre being nice

Its all about his health

I just want espn to use the same criteria for guys like durant

If kobe can play the whole year its obvious hes better than 93rd

Hes gonna put up near 25ppg/5rpg/5apg averages

And his fg% should be much better

Thats a top 10 player

JT123
10-09-2015, 02:34 PM
I have been a Los Angeles Lakers fan going back to 1979 and have watched, probably, 90% to 95% of all Laker games played over that time. Many times I have defended Kobe Bryant from irrational haters out there.

But Kobe Bryant should be thankful he was even ranked in the top 100, seriously. Since blowing out his Achilles tendon, he is averaging 21 points on 19 field-goal attempts while shooting only 38% FG and 28.5% on three-point shots.

He doesn't even pretend to play defense and can't stay healthy. A rating in the top 100 is generous, to say the least. The truth is that he is one of the worst players in the NBA now, but I always knew it had to end this way.
A Laker fan making an objective post about Kobe? :eek:

kennethgriffin
10-09-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm almost 100% positive the haters will be eating crow this year

JT123
10-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Just like you were positive of that the last 2 years, yet THIS is what happened.

[B]The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

lil jahlil
10-09-2015, 02:46 PM

Kobe will not do anything meaningful this season. If he stays healthy, he will add to his career scoring via inefficient chucking, and you will celebrate it despite him hurting his team.

kennethgriffin
10-09-2015, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=JT123]Just like you were positive of that the last 2 years, yet THIS is what happened.

[B]The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

kennethgriffin
10-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Kobe will not do anything meaningful this season. If he stays healthy, he will add to his career scoring via inefficient chucking, and you will celebrate it despite him hurting his team.

I disagree

The previous 20th season scoring high was 11ppg by kareem

Kobe will double that ... and some

And all eyes will be on him as usual.. so it wont go unnoticed

JT123
10-09-2015, 02:58 PM
No i wasnt.. i remember saying i would beat kobe 1 on 1 actually

It was way too soon to return from a torn achilles
:rolleyes: You made SEVERAL threads claiming Kobe would be back to his 2013 self because his game is entirely skill based and doesn't rely on athleticism at all. I could search for them but I won't.
You ain't gotta lie to kick it Kenneth. Just admit you were wrong

dubeta
10-09-2015, 03:02 PM
:rolleyes: You made SEVERAL threads claiming Kobe would be back to his 2013 self because his game is entirely skill based and doesn't rely on athleticism at all. I could search for them but I won't.
You ain't gotta lie to kick it Kenneth. Just admit you were wrong

Solid points

Kobe needs athleticism to be successful, ever since his athleticism went, he stopped being a top 35 player

JT123
10-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Solid points

Kobe needs athleticism to be successful, ever since his athleticism went, he stopped being a top 35 player
Basically. Without his all time great athleticism and the refs allowing him to stiff arm defenders we now see the kind of impact Kobe has. :(

34-24 Footwork
10-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Let's hope and pray that Bran is working on his dribble moves and jump shot this off-season so that he won't give the finals MVP away to Paul Pierce or Josh Smith this year :lol