1. Golden State Warriors

Thoughts ?

Rated too high ? Rated too low ?

Harison
09-25-2015, 12:21 PM
If healthy, Spurs No. 1.

Heavincent
09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I would put the Rockets at #4. Other than that, the top 10 looks pretty accurate. I'm surprised they didn't completely overrate the Bulls, which seems to happen every year.

Heavincent
09-25-2015, 12:33 PM
If healthy, Spurs No. 1.

There are still some question marks about the Spurs. Tony Parker was mostly awful last year, and we don't know if Ginobili has anything left. Who knows, maybe even Duncan falls off this year.

Warriors are the clear number 1.

ralph_i_el
09-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Wiz below Raptors, Celtic, Bucks :facepalm cool cool

Sweep a team out of the playoffs, and they still are ahead of you in the power rankings? We lost Pierce, but Otto stepped up huge in the playoffs, and Dudley will hopefully be productive when he comes back. We added Neal and Oubre, so our depth on the wing should actually be better. Apparently Webster is healthy too, after not being healthy the entire season last year.

Another year of development for Wall, Beal, and Porter has the potential to take this team up a notch in terms of development. Obviously chemistry should improve, but also there's a chance that any one of them could make "the leap". Wall could be an MVP level player, Beal could evolve into an all-star and better 1-on-1 scorer, and Porter could become a +/- beast like prime Battier or Tyshaun Prince. Sure, any one of those guys also has a chance of stagnating, but I'd be willing to bet that 1 of the three comes out well-improved this season.

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 12:49 PM
Jazz too low.

Dallas too high. Otherwise its not too bad.

Heavincent
09-25-2015, 12:54 PM
I would put the Rockets at #4.

I change my mind. I actually put them at #3, behind only the Warriors and Cavs. That Lawson trade was huge.

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Wiz below Raptors, Celtic, Bucks :facepalm cool cool

Sweep a team out of the playoffs, and they still are ahead of you in the power rankings? We lost Pierce, but Otto stepped up huge in the playoffs, and Dudley will hopefully be productive when he comes back. We added Neal and Oubre, so our depth on the wing should actually be better. Apparently Webster is healthy too, after not being healthy the entire season last year.

Another year of development for Wall, Beal, and Porter has the potential to take this team up a notch in terms of development. Obviously chemistry should improve, but also there's a chance that any one of them could make "the leap". Wall could be an MVP level player, Beal could evolve into an all-star and better 1-on-1 scorer, and Porter could become a +/- beast like prime Battier or Tyshaun Prince. Sure, any one of those guys also has a chance of stagnating, but I'd be willing to bet that 1 of the three comes out well-improved this season.

Agreed.

Toronto would be too high at the moment. I would swap them with either Charlotte/Indiana and perhaps even Brooklyn/New York.

WayOfWade
09-25-2015, 01:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2016/week/-1

30. Philadelphia 76ers
29. Portland Trail Blazers
28. Los Angeles Lakers
27. Denver Nuggets
26. Brooklyn Nets
25. New York Knicks
24. Minnesota Timberwolves
23. Orlando Magic
22. Phoenix Suns
21. Sacramento Kings

20. Charlotte Hornets
19. Indiana Pacers
18. Dallas Mavericks
17. Detroit Pistons
16. Utah Jazz
15. Washington Wizards
14. Boston Celtics
13. Toronto Raptors
12. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Chicago Bulls

10. Miami Heat
9. Atlanta Hawks
8. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Houston Rockets
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
1. Golden State Warriors

Thoughts ?

I'm a big fan of the fact that they have the Jazz slated to enter into the playoffs as the 8 seed, clearly they are better than the other teams such as the Mavs, Kings, and Suns. Barring any major injury (or the most shocking turnaround from Rajon Rondo), the Jazz should take that spot. As for the top spots, you can never really go wrong with the Warriors at the #1 spot; I mean they did win the title and boast the MVP. I however feel like the Clippers' additions will get them the #1 seed this year. They'll get it over the Spurs due to the Spurs having to mesh with Aldridge during the year. They Spurs will stutter out of the gate but will get it going later in the season; that however will not get them the 1 seed.
As for the east, the rankings look pretty good to me. You can probably interchange the Heat and Bulls and still have a pretty good list.

Dbrog
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Jazz, Pistons and Hornets seem too high. Lakers too low. Those are my only changes :D

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-25-2015, 03:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2016/week/-1

30. Philadelphia 76ers
29. Portland Trail Blazers
28. Los Angeles Lakers
27. Denver Nuggets
26. Brooklyn Nets
25. New York Knicks
24. Minnesota Timberwolves
23. Orlando Magic
22. Phoenix Suns
21. Sacramento Kings

20. Charlotte Hornets
19. Indiana Pacers
18. Dallas Mavericks
17. Detroit Pistons
16. Utah Jazz
15. Washington Wizards
14. Boston Celtics
13. Toronto Raptors
12. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Chicago Bulls

10. Miami Heat
9. Atlanta Hawks
8. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Houston Rockets
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
1. Golden State Warriors

Thoughts ?

Decent list tbh.

Pelicans should be ahead of Grizzlies, thats my only change.

StephHamann
09-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Thoughts ?

Switch the Timberwolves with the Lakers

Levity
09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Imagine if those top 16 teams squared off in the playoffs. would be such a fun post season to watch.

#fixitsilver

imdaman99
09-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Imagine if those top 16 teams squared off in the playoffs. would be such a fun post season to watch.

#fixitsilver
Would be great, also if the top 14 make it and then the remaining teams do a knockout tourney to be the last 2 in.

Seems too collegish, it'll never happen :lol

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 09:47 PM

#fixitsilver

GS in 4
CLE in 6
SA in 4
LAC in 4
OKC in 5
HOU in 6
MEM in 6
ATL in 7

FreezingTsmoove
09-25-2015, 10:18 PM
Toronto is LEGIT

lets not forget they were similar record wise to the Warriors before Derozan went down last year

Not their fault that Kyle Lowry and Lou Williams small frames cannot handle an 82 game season. There is a reason they were both drafted very low

I expect them to get off to another hot start and of course banana off in 2016

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Toronto is LEGIT

lets not forget they were similar record wise to the Warriors before Derozan went down last year

Not their fault that Kyle Lowry and Lou Williams small frames cannot handle an 82 game season. There is a reason they were both drafted very low

I expect them to get off to another hot start and of course banana off in 2016

Lowry's body can't. Lou was healthy all year, but his game has never translated well in the playoffs.

sd3035
09-25-2015, 11:38 PM
OKC over the CLippers, and the Cavs should be bumped down a few places due to Lebald's habit up choking