DoctorP
09-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Hall of famer.

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Beast. Top 50 all time :bowdown:

JimmyMcAdocious
09-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Porker. 4/17. Ready to lead the Spurs to that 6th ring.

Fallen Angel
09-17-2015, 07:37 PM
old news

Vaniiiia
09-17-2015, 09:26 PM
:applause:

MVP of two championship teams. Top 30 all-time.

AnaheimLakers24
09-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Hall of famer.
1st ballot

MEB2kDeez
09-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Personally, I miss Pau on the Lakers.

Seems like forever ago but HOF indeed

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-17-2015, 09:44 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Giaodollo
09-17-2015, 11:26 PM
He has been in a class of his own in Eurobasket. 26/8 in 30 mpg is insane. Hopefully he can get the W against Serbia/lithuania.

fiddy
09-18-2015, 12:57 AM
Gasol>Dirk

bluechox2
09-18-2015, 01:02 AM
bad news for the bulls...they gonna get end of the season pau at the start of the year...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-18-2015, 01:20 AM
Gobert had a few nice blocks on him, but Pau shitted on dude that entire second half. :applause:

Most skilled and under-appreciated player in the NBA. Especially by the lame ass Kobe brigade.

nzahir
09-18-2015, 01:35 AM
Lol and Laker fans thought he was done

D-Wait
09-18-2015, 01:53 AM
Stacked. No excuses for the Bulls this year.

Gileraracer
09-18-2015, 02:24 AM
Pau :bowdown:

fiddy
09-18-2015, 02:38 AM
He looked done, maybe he needed a change.

IllegalD
09-18-2015, 05:04 AM

Gasol ALWAYS kills it in international play.

But its been 5-6 years (2010) since he's been anywhere near as GaSTRONG in the NBA playoffs.

poido123
09-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Seems to have this extra gear when he plays for his country.

I'd like to see this Pau play like this for the Bulls come playoffs :pimp:

90sgoat
09-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Doesn't matter, as we saw last playoffs the racist Bulls players will just freeze him out like they did.

I am only partly trolling about that, because it was clear the Bulls didn't go into the post enough in the offseason, when Gasol was CLEARLY their best offensive weapon.

These modern guards, particularly smaller guards like Derrick Rose are simply cancerous if you want to win.

AirFederer
09-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Best Laker the last decade. :cheers:
Big KObe fan here. :banana:

ArbitraryWater
09-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Laker fans declared this dude done in 2013 :roll:

Bankaii
09-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Doesn't matter, as we saw last playoffs the racist Bulls players will just freeze him out like they did.
STFU 3Ball. If you actually watched the games instead of a Lebron only cam for retarded gifs you'd know that Thibs is to blame. He kept benching Pau in key moments and ran practically nothing to get him open/going. Is Thibs racist against his own kind.
That's still not to say Rose is retarded with low shot IQ. And Jimmy had his breakout season and just got comfortable being a legit scoring threat.

How you slurp MJ so hard but not know anything about the Bulls?

riseagainst
09-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Greatest Power Forward of all time.

:bowdown:

90sgoat
09-18-2015, 12:13 PM
STFU 3Ball. If you actually watched the games instead of a Lebron only cam for retarded gifs you'd know that Thibs is to blame. He kept benching Pau in key moments and ran practically nothing to get him open/going. Is Thibs racist against his own kind.
That's still not to say Rose is retarded with low shot IQ. And Jimmy had his breakout season and just got comfortable being a legit scoring threat.

How you slurp MJ so hard but not know anything about the Bulls?

I'm not 3ball, only inspired by 3ball.

Is it Thibs or is it teammates?

I guess we will see next playoffs, because they also went to Gasol in the regular season.

I honestly think Bulls should bench Rose and run him as 6th man of the year. Gasol and Butler are a much better combo.

Pointguard
09-18-2015, 12:22 PM

I am only partly trolling about that, because it was clear the Bulls didn't go into the post enough in the offseason, when Gasol was CLEARLY their best offensive weapon.

These modern guards, particularly smaller guards like Derrick Rose are simply cancerous if you want to win.

1st game against the Bucks. Pau is featured early. Has some assertiveness issues. Gets position but is missing. Unfortunately they put Henson on him. There is now no chance of his shot recovering. Rose gets on his horse and they win the game. Rose has nothing to do with Pau's 5 for 17 game.

2nd game... Pau has problems with certain players but we don't know that Henson is one of them until now. He loses his assertiveness again and shoots 4 for 12. The Bulls racist players turn to Dunleavy and Mirotic who shoot about the same amount of shots as Rose and Gasol. Butler wins this game.

3rd game. Thibs who isn't that good offensively kind of abandon's the Pau idea. Doesn't matter because Rose is hot and is one of the best players in the league when he is like this. The first three wins and Pau is just having problems. He is definitely not as good as Rose or Butler.

4th game. Rose has trouble with his wind its and its a good game for an assertive player to step it up. Butler is that player. Dunleavy has a good game. Henson has four blocks... Gasol another medicore game.

5th game. Easily Gasol's best game and he's the best player on the court. The Bulls lose.

6th game. A blow out win where Dunleavy is the best player on the court. Gas has a good game.

He played hurt in the next series but TT is one of the players he has trouble with. He has trouble with big strong players and very active players. When Rose and Butler were out, near the end of the season I wish Gas had taken the team under his wings, but he didn't. I do agree that they missed Gasol when he was out, but he does have to work on his assertiveness. I think he was gassed by the Thibes system which did it to everybody in the offseason for 5 years now.

fiddy
09-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Laker fans declared this dude done in 2013 :roll:
When Amir Johnson destroys you and has a career night against you, niggа you are done

90sgoat
09-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Who else at this point think Derrick Rose is more of a distraction?

Not good enough to overlook his sloppy ballhandling.

Gasol and Butler is a good enough duo to go to ECF. Trade Rose, maybe to Philly, they like that sort of thing I hear.

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Just goes to show you how much of a difference a true NBA star can make when playing against a collection of D-League talent.

Smoke117
09-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Stans or haters or going to say this or that...but Pau Gasol at his peak was probably he best post up player in the league. He was so hard to stop because of his ridiculous length and skill. It's funny too how these kobe stans call him soft when he was generally the most impactful defensive player on the team during their championships. It's not hard to see why nobody wanted to go to LA after shaq left...you basically were going to get no credit but all the blame playing alongside "LA's hero kobe bryant". It's amusing how they call dwight soft (because soft players win the DPOY 3 years in a row) because he didn't want to put up with this bullshit.

Honestly...since all these kobe stans think even dwight is soft...they clearly know nothing about basketball. If they are calling Dwight Howard soft like they were calling Pau...how can you even respect their opinion? Exactly...you simply can't. Apparently being soft is coming back from a serious back injury early and playing through a shoulder tear. I'm sure i'm going to get "kobe has played through injuries"...because finger and hand injuries are close to back and shoulder issues. *shakes head*

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Stans or haters or going to say this or that...but Pau Gasol at his peak was probably he best post up player in the league. He was so hard to stop because of his ridiculous length and skill.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Particularly his skill. His ability to shoot with either hand, as well as his excellent range.

I rag on the Euros, but Europe has given the NBA a few truly great NBA players, like Pau and Dirk.

What I have a problem with, though, is posters like Euroleague claiming that the Euros are competitive with the NBA. They have been, and continue to be, MILES behind the NBA.

Also, those that claim that "globalization" has given the world many more talented players than say, 30+ years ago. That is completely false. True, the rest of the world has placed many players on NBA rosters, but the reality has been...very few of them have been truly great players. In fact, I would argue that NBA teams could just as easily replace the vast majority of these non-US players with D-Leaguers and college players.

Where are the Magic's, Bird's, Shaq's, MJ's, Kareem's, and Wilt's from the rest of the world? Surely with this "population explosion" there should be a ton of seven-foot Magic's filling NBA rosters, right?

Chicago Ted
09-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Particularly his skill. His ability to shoot with either hand, as well as his excellent range.

I rag on the Euros, but Europe has given the NBA a few truly great NBA players, like Pau and Dirk.

What I have a problem with, though, is posters like Euroleague claiming that the Euros are competitive with the NBA. They have been, and continue to be, MILES behind the NBA.

Also, those that claim that "globalization" has given the world many more talented players than say, 30+ years ago. That is completely false. True, the rest of the world has placed many players on NBA rosters, but the reality has been...very few of them have been truly great players. In fact, I would argue that NBA teams could just as easily replace the vast majority of these non-US players with D-Leaguers and college players.

Where are the Magic's, Bird's, Shaq's, MJ's, Kareem's, and Wilt's from the rest of the world? Surely with this "population explosion" there should be a ton of seven-foot Magic's filling NBA rosters, right?

Are you that dumb or are you just baiting Euroleague?
The basketball level in europe is much higher now than 30 years ago. European countries are much much smaller in population than US, and, more important, are not really interested in basketball aside from a few countries. For example the population of Lithuania is less than 1% of the US.
For example the money that basketball moves in Spain is less than 1% of the money that soccer moves, etc. But they are really improving.

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Are you that dumb or are you just baiting Euroleague?
The basketball level in europe is much higher now than 30 years ago. European countries are much much smaller in population than US, and, more important, are not really interested in basketball aside from a few countries. For example the population of Lithuania is less than 1% of the US.
For example the money that basketball moves in Spain is less than 1% of the money that soccer moves, etc. But they are really improving.

Improving? Perhaps.

But the level of play is MILES behind the best of the NBA.

And give me a Euro center who has been as good as Sabonis was (and please, don't bring up guys like Hakeem, Duncan, and Ewing...ALL of whom developed their games in the US.)

And IMHO, a peak Sabonis might have been a Top-10 NBA center of all-time, but he would have been near the bottom of it. And, at his peak...he was playing 30 years ago.

SpanishACB
09-19-2015, 10:07 AM
The level of play in Europe is better tactically, per example

Chicago Ted
09-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Improving? Perhaps.

But the level of play is MILES behind the best of the NBA.

And give me a Euro center who has been as good as Sabonis was (and please, don't bring up guys like Hakeem, Duncan, and Ewing...ALL of whom developed their games in the US.)

And IMHO, a peak Sabonis might have been a Top-10 NBA center of all-time, but he would have been near the bottom of it. And, at his peak...he was playing 30 years ago.

Nobody in his right mind would deny that the NBA has the highest level of talent and play in the world. The best players of Europe go to the US looking for higher money, higher fame and higher glory. That's a fact.
About the margin... I don't know. I think the gap is a bit smaller. For example i believe that the best team in Europe each year would win in a 7 series against the worst NBA team that year, most of the time.

StephHamann
09-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Gasol>Dirk

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduHKpjEJn1HDXqM/giphy.gif

StephHamann
09-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Just goes to show you how much of a difference a true NBA star can make when playing against a collection of D-League talent.

He was playing againt DPOY runner up Rudy Gobert

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
The level of play in Europe is better tactically, per example

And you know this how?

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 10:35 AM
He was playing againt DPOY runner up Rudy Gobert

The laughable part about this is...the center position in the NBA is among the weakest it has ever been. You put Gobert in the mid-90's, or the early 70's, and he would be a below average center.

Jameerthefear
09-19-2015, 10:38 AM
The laughable part about this is...the center position in the NBA is among the weakest it has ever been. You put Gobert in the mid-90's, or the early 70's, and he would be a below average center.
top cuck.
put gobert in the 60s and he shuts down Wilt's garbage ass

LAZERUSS
09-19-2015, 10:46 AM
top cuck.
put gobert in the 60s and he shuts down Wilt's garbage ass

Gobert in the 60's...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aPTJHC_7_tI/TlKiVYfokbI/AAAAAAAAAHs/dR1_2tfnCrY/s1600/Vendor.jpg

Jameerthefear
09-19-2015, 10:47 AM
^ kek
old man can't even link an image properly

Kuantrz
09-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Why the need to employ entire posts just to insult eachother?

Paus game was impressive at his age. Manages to contribute greatly to the team similar to Duncan.

Xiao Yao You
09-19-2015, 01:27 PM

Yeah right. Mark Eaton's number hangs from the rafters above Gobert now and he had absolutely no talent. Gobert wold have been a force at any time.

kshutts1
09-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Yeah right. Mark Eaton's number hangs from the rafters above Gobert now and he had absolutely no talent. Gobert wold have been a force at any time.
Gobert has not even proven to be a consistent force in the current league.

I expect him to be, no doubt, but he has not proven it yet. Just a very small sample size; maybe 30 games or so.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Gasol>Dirk
Dirk has been sonning and beat the sht out of Pau ever since he was in Memphis. And he obliterated him on both ends in 2011 as well. Dirk swept Pau both times they met and Dirk didnt need to get traded to another franchise as a sidekick to win a ring, since he couldnt handle being the best player on a team where he was carried by a stacked perimeter defense :oldlol: :oldlol:

Career playoff stats h2h

Dirk: 28/9/3 1to 54% FG/53% 3pt/89 FT% shoot
Pau: 16/8/3 2tos 43% FG/75 FT% shoot :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLQXTrm6A2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8WiSM5fOI4

Dirk is a top 15 player ever. Pau is around top 100

DatAsh
09-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Gasol always does seem to raise his game in international play.

SpanishACB
09-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Gasol always does seem to raise his game in international play.

that's because he's up there with the best in the world ability wise, but his drive lets him down at times, drive that he gets when representing his country.
He's kind of passive aggressive in the pitch, if he gets ignored on attack or there's someone in the team chucking for fun (it was very obvious in some games for the Bulls with Rose) he's not going to start waving arms or doing facial expressions but he might not risk a bump in defense next possession, this is minimized in international play because everyone is all in, specially against the French at French soil.

Xiao Yao You
09-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Gobert has not even proven to be a consistent force in the current league.

I expect him to be, no doubt, but he has not proven it yet. Just a very small sample size; maybe 30 games or so.

From mid December he was. Most of the year.

Magic 32
09-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Pau > MJ

I don't know why people can't see it.

Also....Lebron is the greatest human in history.

I'm going up to my Lebron doll now. See ya....

http://img05.deviantart.net/5a14/i/2008/106/5/2/lebron_james___02_by_alaskabody_dolls.jpg

fiddy
09-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Dirk has been sonning and beat the sht out of Pau ever since he was in Memphis. And he obliterated him on both ends in 2011 as well. Dirk swept Pau both times they met and Dirk didnt need to get traded to another franchise as a sidekick to win a ring, since he couldnt handle being the best player on a team where he was carried by a stacked perimeter defense :oldlol: :oldlol:

Career playoff stats h2h

Dirk: 28/9/3 1to 54% FG/53% 3pt/89 FT% shoot
Pau: 16/8/3 2tos 43% FG/75 FT% shoot :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLQXTrm6A2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8WiSM5fOI4

Dirk is a top 15 player ever. Pau is around top 100

top 15 player ever :roll:

2>1 thats all that matters at the end

DatAsh
09-19-2015, 06:53 PM
that's because he's up there with the best in the world ability wise, but his drive lets him down at times, drive that he gets when representing his country.
He's kind of passive aggressive in the pitch, if he gets ignored on attack or there's someone in the team chucking for fun (it was very obvious in some games for the Bulls with Rose) he's not going to start waving arms or doing facial expressions but he might not risk a bump in defense next possession, this is minimized in international play because everyone is all in, specially against the French at French soil.

That's basically what I've gathered too. It seems like an energy or confidence thing more than anything, which is just kinda weird.

Maga_1
09-20-2015, 02:21 AM
And you know this how?

Wait, are you actually asking that?
Is that even really a doubt?
European basketball is the most tactical in the whole world, all basketball fans no that!

European - Tactical based (Must i remember you Spurs offense?)
North American - Athletic/Skill Based (Or a combination of all around games)
South American - Free flow based (that's why ****ing Venezuela were the champions, they didn't play like that... they were very tactical)
African - Athletic, 1on1 offense
Asiatic - Shooting and very skill based
And Australia/New Zealand it's an all around game too at semi poor level)

bluechox2
09-20-2015, 02:30 AM
derek rose holding gasol back...

Keno
09-20-2015, 04:13 AM
my friend told me kobe's teammates are nobodies without him. top 5 pf all time.

NBASTATMAN
09-20-2015, 08:38 AM
His resume is def impressive.. 2010 Finals Mvp, 2 Time NBA Champ, 2 Silver medals and dominating Kevin Love, Dhoward, Bosh and other NBA top bigs in 2008,2012 Olympics..

NBASTATMAN
09-20-2015, 08:50 AM
top 15 player ever :roll:

2>1 thats all that matters at the end

:roll: :cheers: Using that KOBESTAN LOGIC AGAINST OTHERS IS HILARIOUS...

fiddy
09-20-2015, 11:36 AM
:roll: :cheers: Using that KOBESTAN LOGIC AGAINST OTHERS IS HILARIOUS...
rangz>empty stats :banana:

Showtime2001
09-20-2015, 12:41 PM
His resume is def impressive.. 2010 Finals Mvp, 2 Time NBA Champ, 2 Silver medals and dominating Kevin Love, Dhoward, Bosh and other NBA top bigs in 2008,2012 Olympics..
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NBA+Finals+Game+7+Boston+Celtics+v+Los+Angeles+Sj4 3T5Cl5okl.jpg

DMV2
09-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Not sure why Kobetards hate on Pau.

Pau saved Bean's career.

Otherwise, Bean would have been just another sidekick/Robin like Pippen.

branslowski
09-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I feel bad for True Gasol fans from the Memphis days...Because the only reason ppl overrate him these days is because their hate for Kobe using Gasol as a shield to deflect Kobe.:facepalm

Showtime2001
09-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Not sure why Kobetards hate on Pau.

Pau saved Bean's career.

Otherwise, Bean would have been just another sidekick/Robin like Pippen.
Pau 0 playoff wins before playing with Kobe.

Kobe > Pau

Get over it.

SpanishACB
09-20-2015, 02:54 PM

Kobe > Pau

Get over it.

kobe without a contender sidekick > lottery

pau without a contender sidekick > playoff team

now the reason pau let kobe score and chuck is because pau is the smarter of the two and knows kobe is never going to change his ways so he adapted and carried kobe to rings whilst allowing him to chuck points he could easily score (like he's proven plenty of times)

warriorfan
09-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Who would you rather have? Pau Gasol or Dwayne Wade?

ratpoison

branslowski
09-20-2015, 03:13 PM

now the reason pau let kobe score and chuck is because pau is the smarter of the two and knows kobe is never going to change his ways so he adapted and carried kobe to rings whilst allowing him to chuck points he could easily score (like he's proven plenty of times)

:facepalm

Chrono90
09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Mike Dantoni had this guy shooting 3's :facepalm

inclinerator
09-20-2015, 03:33 PM
that palm shot tho

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Sometimes I feel bad for True Gasol fans from the Memphis days...Because the only reason ppl overrate him these days is because their hate for Kobe using Gasol as a shield to deflect Kobe.:facepalm

EL MAO...

Gasol fans only feel that Kobetards underrate him, and shits like you, do just that.

Gambitero
09-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Well to be honest some years ago I would say that Dirk Nowitzky was the best european player ever in the NBA history, you gotta respect and love this german guy for sure.

But you cant disrespect what Pau did with the Lakers and also all the international tournaments and single awards with Spain (Dirk didnt have a strong national team, thats true). Gasol has been also really consistent for many seasons and use to step up on key moments like Olympics, Eurobasket or World Championship. Dirk had a different dominance, great scorer from deep and also midrange shots but Pau improved a lot midrange shots last seasons and its a great performer near and over the rim, also better IQ basketball and playmaker in my opinion.

And every fan from Memphis, LA or Chicago would agree on how Pau helps the team more than putting numbers for himself.

In conclusion I would say that both of them are arguably the best european basketball players in the entire history, or at least they should be considered in that discussion.

P.S: Congratulations to Lithuania and France for their great Euro tournament, from Spain.

Showtime2001
09-20-2015, 05:20 PM

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/270395-2/Kobe+Bryant+hoists+his+NBA+Finals+MVP+trophy.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NBA+Finals+Game+7+Boston+Celtics+v+Los+Angeles+Sj4 3T5Cl5okl.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/lgos06epb/9t_ZCa_zps27d735f8.jpg

DetroitPistonFan
09-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Pau couldn't even do this at a NBA level. Why is that?

Rooster
09-21-2015, 12:29 AM

Because they don't let anyone breath on him at FIBA. He can basically get that inside position anytime he wants to . If anyone deny that position they will get called for fouls. And you know how skilled he is and ambidextrous once he get that ball really that deep. This is the reason USA loaded themselves at the frontcourt at the last World Cup because that's basicallly what happen in the last Olympic. Pau trying to get into position, Chandler denied it and here comes the whistles. In the NBA, he need to be strong to get that position and we all know how soft he is.

dhsilv
09-21-2015, 12:46 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

42 all time in winshare. Top 30 (yes doesn't have all history) in VORP. He's got a solid case for top 50 and if he can have a few more years like last year, he'll definitely be there. I'm not sure he's there yet.

DonDadda59
09-21-2015, 01:08 AM

Kobe > Pau

Get over it.

Pau after playing with Kobe 6 playoff wins. Kobe after playing with Pau- 37% FG and the lottery. :confusedshrug:

juju151111
09-21-2015, 01:21 AM
Yes Pau can do this at the nba level. He has done it many times retard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTN4TvMhgG0

DaOldLion
09-21-2015, 01:24 AM
Pau after playing with Kobe 6 playoff wins. Kobe after playing with Pau- 37% FG and the lottery. :confusedshrug:

that's like saying Pippen after Jordan = WCF

Jordan after Pippen = 21ppg on 20 shots and no playoffs

DonDadda59
09-21-2015, 01:33 AM
that's like saying Pippen after Jordan = WCF

Jordan after Pippen = 21ppg on 20 shots and no playoffs

Nah bruh. Pip missed half the season in '98. Bulls won 62 games w/ a 35 year old MJ winning his 5th MVP, 10th scoring title, first team all NBA, first team all NBA defense, ASG MVP. Won his 6th title and 6th finals MVP with the most iconic sequence in NBA History while Pippen was nursing his surgically repaired back for most of that game.

Pippen in '99 couldn't get out of the first round with Hakeem Olajuwon and Charles Barkley as teammates. Then he went to Portland just after they lost in the WCF and was their 5th offensive option putting up 12.5 PPG as they once again lost in the WCF in one of, if not THE biggest chokes in NBA History.

A 38-39 year old Jordan joined a 19 win Wizards team, playing literally for free, and had them in playoff contention before his knee injuries sabotaged his season.

DaOldLion
09-21-2015, 01:42 AM
Nah bruh. Pip missed half the season in '98. Bulls won 62 games w/ a 35 year old MJ winning his 5th MVP, 10th scoring title, first team all NBA, first team all NBA defense, ASG MVP. Won his 6th title and 6th finals MVP with the most iconic sequence in NBA History while Pippen was nursing his surgically repaired back for most of that game.

Pippen in '99 couldn't get out of the first round with Hakeem Olajuwon and Charles Barkley as teammates. Then he went to Portland just after they lost in the WCF and was their 5th offensive option putting up 12.5 PPG as they once again lost in the WCF in one of, if not THE biggest chokes in NBA History.

A 38-39 year old Jordan joined a 19 win Wizards team, playing literally for free, and had them in playoff contention before his knee injuries sabotaged his season.

so you want to add context to this situation but with Kobe it's just simplified down with no context needed

ok then

DonDadda59
09-21-2015, 01:45 AM
so you want to add context to this situation but with Kobe it's just simplified down with no context needed

ok then

It's a free country. You can do whatever you want.

Just pointing out that the whole Pau never won a game in the playoffs w/o Kobe narrative is dead and buried for good. Now the fact is- post Shaq, Kobe never made it out the first round without Pau while Pau just made the second round post Kobe (who is mired in the lottery until he finally retires).

Context that shit up all you want.

dhsilv
09-21-2015, 01:54 AM

The top .00001% of nba isn't needed to move the game forward. Today's nba has vastly better depth and bench production because of the quality of players on those bench. Next you're going to tell us Wilt is the greatest of all time...

riseagainst
09-21-2015, 05:02 PM
It's a free country. You can do whatever you want.

Just pointing out that the whole Pau never won a game in the playoffs w/o Kobe narrative is dead and buried for good. Now the fact is- post Shaq, Kobe never made it out the first round without Pau while Pau just made the second round post Kobe (who is mired in the lottery until he finally retires).

Context that shit up all you want.

Kobe won 3 chips without Pau. How come you are nit picking specific years just to suit your own agenda?
:confusedshrug:

Showtime2001
09-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Kobe won 3 chips without Pau. How come you are nit picking specific years just to suit your own agenda?
Because its the Kobe double standard.

rmt
09-21-2015, 06:26 PM

Yet the Kobe stans will call Pau soft and discredit him. Better to have Pau than the over-rated Parker.

2015 Playoffs
Parker 6.5 PER, -0.3 WS, -6.5 BPM, -0.2 VORP

D-League talent indeed.

DonDadda59
09-21-2015, 06:29 PM

We talking sidekick rings now? :biggums:

Congrats to Pau for winning Eurobasket MVP. :applause:

Naero
09-21-2015, 10:09 PM

Bingo. :applause:

This isn't just an isolated issue with Pau Gasol; for any renowned all-time-great player whose teams have achieved tremendous success, agendas exist on both spectrums, and they tend to point to the team to either enhance or detract that recognition for winning.

Scottie Pippen

TheBigVeto
09-22-2015, 01:50 AM
The Lakers' best player since Kareem retired.
3rd GOAT foreigner after Hakeem and Dirk.
Robbed of 2 FMVPs.