PDA

View Full Version : i'm getting back into the world of collecting. whats the next thing i should order?

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 09:22 PM
just picked up these 2 off ebay

http://i59.tinypic.com/jfdqfk.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ipzh5l.jpg

its a needless hobby. and its not as popular as it once was. but the cards still seem to go up in value. better than drinking or snorting it away

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 09:24 PM
btw i never saw the need in paying double for a bgs 9.5 ... doesnt make sense... 9's look mint to me.

and beckett 10's are impossible to find. so a 9.5 is basically perfect

SCdac
08-06-2015, 09:28 PM
should be collecting therapists, man :lol

but for real tho, all jokes aside, I was in card-buying-mode a few years ago. I agree it's better than buying dope (unless it's really good dope).. got some penny's I wanted/used to have, robinsons, and other stuff

Nuff Said
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Are drinking and snorting your only two other options?

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM
should be collecting therapists, man :lol

but for real tho, all jokes aside, I was in card-buying-mode a few years ago. I agree it's better than buying dope (unless it's really good dope).. got some penny's I wanted/used to have, robinsons, and other stuff

i wanna own all my favourite and atleast arguable goat players rookie cards/autograph from each sport

probably gonna get gretzky, lemieux, willy mays, ken griffey, kareem, jim brown,

Beastmode88
08-06-2015, 10:28 PM
how much u willing to pay for a mj card? :confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 10:37 PM
how much u willing to pay for a mj card? :confusedshrug:

lol why the f*ck would i want that shit

a) i'm not a fan

b) his card is faked like crazy so people just assume they all are

c) the rookie everyone collects isnt even actually his 1st season.

http://jordancards.com/assets/uploads/84-85-star-michael-jordan-101-xrc.jpg

this is jordans actual rookie card from 85... the fleer 86 is just his first "fleer" card

everyone including the biggest collectors are idiots for making his 2nd year card his most prestigious

d) its an ugly card

http://p2.la-img.com/323/31976/12748504_1_l.jpg

red white and blue? yuck... save it for your shitty flag

ralph_i_el
08-06-2015, 10:47 PM
How bout you save that money for rent and move out of that group home?

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 10:52 PM
How bout you save that money for rent and move out of that group home?

i had my own place for like 7 years. women never liked it. theyre more willing to come bang if you have room mates. especially when youre getting them off dating sites ( best place to get quick p*ssy ) ...

one time a girl met me at the mall and fallowed me home like a lost puppy. she spent the night. then the next day i realized just how f*cked it must have been for her to trust a stranger like that

funny thing is i moved into this new place and got a steady girlfriend. shes gonna make 400k a year when she passes med school. studying to become a neurosurgeon

i hit the sugar mama jackpot.. she 24 and wants to move out in 2 years. so i'l just wait till then and see if shes down to share a place.

ShawkFactory
08-06-2015, 11:20 PM
lol why the f*ck would i want that shit

a) i'm not a fan

b) his card is faked like crazy so people just assume they all are

c) the rookie everyone collects isnt even actually his 1st season.

http://jordancards.com/assets/uploads/84-85-star-michael-jordan-101-xrc.jpg

this is jordans actual rookie card from 85... the fleer 86 is just his first "fleer" card

everyone including the biggest collectors are idiots for making his 2nd year card his most prestigious

d) its an ugly card

http://p2.la-img.com/323/31976/12748504_1_l.jpg

red white and blue? yuck... save it for your shitty flag
Really all that need to be sad :lol

It's sad nowadays that people can't just be fans of basketball. Or at least have respect for greatness when it's not a player or team they worship.

I'm sure you can relate. You worship a poor mans version of the greatest who ever lived. And you know what...that's got to be tough. The same reason that the little brother is always feisty and annoying. One day you're telling internet usernames that you have an excess of money and have lived on your own for 7 years. The next day...or week...or year...or decade you're trolling the internet.

I get it bro. Inferiority complexes are a bitch.

Learned about it in a psych class once.

the mesiah
08-06-2015, 11:30 PM
btw i never saw the need in paying double for a bgs 9.5 ... doesnt make sense... 9's look mint to me.

and beckett 10's are impossible to find. so a 9.5 is basically perfect
I got a bgs 10 pristine Kobe chrome rookie , got it for $1200 longtime ago, I've been turning Down offers easily for $2000-$2300,

the mesiah
08-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Panini has really taken over the collecting world, get u a Flawless Kobe auto/patch card,

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Neither. Start collecting old games via DVD/VHS. There's a pretty big community in it, and if you know what you're doing...a small profit too. The biggest plus is that you can always go back and watch your favorite games at your fingertips.

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 11:43 PM
I got a bgs 10 pristine Kobe chrome rookie , got it for $1200 longtime ago, I've been turning Down offers easily for $2000-$2300,

i bet it isnt bgs though

especially not the older one with the bvg logo

beckett is extremely tough on grading. a 10 is like 1 in a 10 thousand

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Panini has really taken over the collecting world, get u a Flawless Kobe auto/patch card,

their patches are fake jerseys allot of the time. panini got in trouble for it a few years ago

i only trust the auto's

the mesiah
08-06-2015, 11:47 PM
i bet it isnt bgs though

especially not the older one with the bvg logo

beckett is extremely tough on grading. a 10 is like 1 in a 10 thousand
Damn, u have been out the collecting loop , didn't I just put its a BGS , which means Beckett.. BVG means beckett vintage grading .that card is NOT vintage ,

kennethgriffin
08-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Damn, u have been out the collecting loop , didn't I just put its a BGS , which means Beckett.. BVG means beckett vintage grading .that card is NOT vintage ,

didnt see you put bgs. but i'm still sceptical

post a pic of it with "ish" written on a piece of paper next to it

i swear the 9/10 looks perfect. you need a microscope to see the difference between them and a 10

the mesiah
08-06-2015, 11:57 PM

i swear the 9/10 looks perfect. you need a microscope to see the difference between them and a 10
That's why there is a premium for the 10,I'm not at the crib rite now , I'm on a vacation in Florida just killing a lil time on here.I'll definitely post it when I get back tho,

Lensanity
08-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Start a bong collection

DCL
08-07-2015, 01:40 AM
i used to be a crazy collector. i never did it for "investment" purposes. they are LOUSY as investments unless you have some rare antiques! so i don't intend to sell any stuff anyway. i just did it for fun and self-interest.

Bosnian Sajo
08-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Trading cards has to be the dumbest thing ever...I can see kids playing battle card games like pokemon or yugioh, but what is the point of bball cards? You gonna look at it for like 2 full minutes, and then put it back in its special case? I mean shit there is no one left to trade em with...unless you do it online, but where is the fun in that?

What are you doing, Kenneth?

Springsteen
08-07-2015, 02:45 AM
http://www.mypillowpartner.com/body-pillows/kobe-bryant

I think this would be perfect for you.

kamil
08-07-2015, 02:50 AM
I stopped collecting around grade 8 / high school. I mostly had (and still have somewhere) MJ cards and rookies (Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, Alonzo, etc.). They're not worth a whole lot these days.

I do like the designs of some of the news, especially the ones with a piece of game worn jerseys... no idea how authentic those are though.

TheBigVeto
08-07-2015, 04:21 AM
You need to start collecting brain cells because you don't have enough of them.

StrongLurk
08-07-2015, 01:00 PM
just picked up these 2 off ebay

http://i59.tinypic.com/jfdqfk.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ipzh5l.jpg

its a needless hobby. and its not as popular as it once was. but the cards still seem to go up in value. better than drinking or snorting it away

Bro don't waste money on pointless shit like this.

Hang out with friends, talk to girls, hike mountains, travel the world.

Why don't you follow your idol's foot steps and hook up with girls in Colorado while hiking the biggest mountains in the country and living life?

Fkin loser damn...

ClipperRevival
08-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I remember back in around 1990, 1986-87 Fleer basketball packs were around $5. Now a box goes for around $30,000. If I could go back in time, I would scoop up as much of these boxes as possible. I would've been a millionaire many times over.

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Bro don't waste money on pointless shit like this.

Hang out with friends, talk to girls, hike mountains, travel the world.

Why don't you follow your idol's foot steps and hook up with girls in Colorado while hiking the biggest mountains in the country and living life?

Fkin loser damn...

Youve obviously never seen the thread where i posted pics of my bitch in her underwear lol

And i just said im dating a sugar mama that works at a hospital. Becoming a neurosurgeon. I have an inheritance and retired years ago. Its a monthly amount that keeps me happy. But when i settle down i'l be more than well off. The first one to have a grandkid in my family gets everything they stand to inherit upfront. 3 mill. So even if i dont marry this girl i'l be set

I think i can afford a few hundred dollars on a hobby lol

Nuff Said
08-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Youve obviously never seen the thread where i posted pics of my bitch in her underwear lol

And i just said im dating a sugar mama that works at a hospital. Becoming a neurosurgeon. I have an inheritance and retired years ago. Its a monthly amount that keeps me happy. But when i settle down i'l be more than well off. The first one to have a grandkid in my family gets everything they stand to inherit upfront. 3 mill. So even if i dont marry this girl i'l be set

How old are you?

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 04:43 PM
How old are you?

People said i was crazy not to settle down sooner with some hot dumb blonde or ditsy brunette

But patience has paid off. Never settle until youre satisfied

ralph_i_el
08-07-2015, 05:02 PM

People said i was crazy not to settle down sooner with some hot dumb blonde or ditsy brunette

But patience has paid off. Never settle until youre satisfied

Wow I pegged you for 15. Sorry you got to be 31 and are still this stupid.

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Trading cards has to be the dumbest thing ever...I can see kids playing battle card games like pokemon or yugioh, but what is the point of bball cards? You gonna look at it for like 2 full minutes, and then put it back in its special case? I mean shit there is no one left to trade em with...unless you do it online, but where is the fun in that?

What are you doing, Kenneth?

A) what are you 80 years old? Who the **** ever traded cards. I bought them when i was a kid to collect them for myself.

B) online is where all collecting is done these days. Rare items of all types are hard to find near you. Thats why theyre valuable .. duh

C) who the **** ever played the pokemon game when they collected the cards. It was just the same as sports cards. The only one people played was magic..

D) its still insanely popular online. And has been going on for 100 years. Out of all collecting hobby markets. Cards are probably the most sustainable in history.

Coins, stamps, dolls and other things have gone down. While cards on ebay still sell for many thousands of dollars

Its like a stock or an investment. Youl never see a kobe or jordan card go down in value

And some people display them in glass cases or on book cases. Theyre not just something you put in a shoe box under the bed.

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 05:11 PM

All i know is most people in and around the nba hold nearly the exact same opinions as i do. Countless hof'ers say the exact same things as i do on ish every other day

Youre the minority.

Lensanity
08-07-2015, 05:19 PM
All i know is most people in and around the nba hold nearly the exact same opinions as i do. Countless hof'ers say the exact same things as i do on ish every other day

Youre the minority.

That's because you are a sheep and whenever one of your idols say something you bow down and repeat the same shit to the rest of the world repeatedly. You don't even have any basketball opinions of your own.

Also, quit wasting money of this stupid bullshit. Go use that same money to buy God's medicine (Cannabis) and enhance your life Instead of trying to get all excited over looking at a ****ing card for 3 seconds and then putting it away.

red1
08-07-2015, 05:21 PM
get a lebron jersey

StrongLurk
08-07-2015, 05:29 PM

This poster is definitely a teenager.

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
That's because you are a sheep and whenever one of your idols say something you bow down and repeat the same shit to the rest of the world repeatedly. You don't even have any basketball opinions of your own.

Also, quit wasting money of this stupid bullshit. Go use that same money to buy God's medicine (Cannabis) and enhance your life Instead of trying to get all excited over looking at a ****ing card for 3 seconds and then putting it away.

You act like i wasnt the one preaching the things i say before it was popular

People used to trash kobe and say he wasnt close to jordan. I was saying the opposite

Now its popular to say kobe is the closest thing to mike that we've ever seen

The media coppies me. That 50+ win playoff teams beatin list was material i was using on ish years ago. Then this playoffs it was ised by espn and jalen rose.

I'm the original. Theyre the sheep that were blind but now can see

I showed them the light

Lensanity
08-07-2015, 05:33 PM
You act like i wasnt the one preaching the things i say before it was popular

People used to trash kobe and say he wasnt close to jordan. I was saying the opposite

Now its popular to say kobe is the closest thing to mike that we've ever seen

The media coppies me. That 50+ win playoff teams beatin list was material i was using on ish years ago. Then this playoffs it was ised by espn and jalen rose.

I'm the original. Theyre the sheep that were blind but now can see

I showed them the light

Kobe is not, never has been, and never will be a top 10 basketball player of all time. There is not even a discussion to be made about it.

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Kobe is not, never has been, and never will be a top 10 basketball player of all time. There is not even a discussion to be made about it.

But who agrees with you?

I have mike, bron, west, shaq, phil, magic, bird on my side.. you have dubeta

dazzer87
08-07-2015, 06:02 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Lensanity
08-07-2015, 06:12 PM
But who agrees with you?

I have mike, bron, west, shaq, phil, magic, bird on my side.. you have dubeta

You mean the guy that picked Kwame over Gasol, Morrison over Roy and MKG over Lillard?

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 07:02 PM
You mean the guy that picked Kwame over Gasol, Morrison over Roy and MKG over Lillard?

Agreed. Mj is probably the most retarded basketball mind in nba history. I'l give you that.

Ok scratch him off my list

Still... theres countless others. Hundreds of big names that all have kobe better than top 10.. mostly top 5-6

ralph_i_el
08-07-2015, 09:33 PM
The
Agreed. Mj is probably the most retarded basketball mind in nba history. I'l give you that.

Ok scratch him off my list

Still... theres countless others. Hundreds of big names that all have kobe better than top 10.. mostly top 5-6

Lol:facepalm

kennethgriffin
08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
The

Lol:facepalm

just off the top of my head...

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Michael Jordan
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Kevin Garnett
Jerry West
Magic Johnson
LeBron James
Hakeem Olajuwon
Larry Bird
Dirk Nowitzki
Isiah Thomas
Dwyane Wade
Charles Barkley
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Clyde Drexler
Paul Pierce
Kevin McHale
Steve Nash
Kevin Durant
Tracy McGrady
James Worthy
Grant Hill
Pau Gasol
Dennis Rodman
Amar'e Stoudemire
Yao Ming
Reggie Miller
Gilbert Arenas
Stephon Marbury
Robert Horry
Steve Kerr
Bill Walton
Derek Fisher
Byron Scott
Andre Iguodala
Brent Barry
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Gregg Popovich
Doc Rivers
Rick Carlisle
Stan Van Gundy
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Mike Brown
Doug Collins
Alvin Gentry
P.J. Carlesimo
Phil Jackson
Larry Brown
Kurt Rambis
Mike Dunleavy
Kiki Vandeweghe
Sam Mitchell
Reggie Theus
Pat Riley
Mike Fratello
Jeff Van Gundy
Lenny Wilkens
Rudy Tomjanovich
Hubie Brown

i can remember all of these people basically saying kobe is one of the best ever/right there with mj/ top 10 or better/ best laker ever/ once in a generation etc...

stalkerforlife
08-07-2015, 11:56 PM
kenneth, why would you fall for such a troll? :facepalm

There is absolutely zero discussion concerning Kobe and the top 10...that shit is over.

The ONLY discussion is how high he is in the top 10.

Personally, I have it like this...

MJ
Kareem
KOBE

He's the third best player of all time.

And1AllDay
08-08-2015, 03:53 AM
kenneth, why would you fall for such a troll? :facepalm

There is absolutely zero discussion concerning Kobe and the top 10...that shit is over.

The ONLY discussion is how high he is in the top 10.

Personally, I have it like this...

MJ
Kareem
KOBE

He's the third best player of all time.

How does he have a case over Timmy? Jesus. Shaq? MAGIC???

postmupndunkit
08-08-2015, 10:33 AM
NIKOLA MIROTIC 2013-14 Exquisite Rookie Autographs /99
THE GOLD ONE!

kennethgriffin
08-08-2015, 11:17 AM
NIKOLA MIROTIC 2013-14 Exquisite Rookie Autographs /99
THE GOLD ONE!

which wiggins rookie is the best that isnt an autograph or jersey card

kennethgriffin
08-08-2015, 11:19 AM

well tim rode guys much worse than kobe for half his career

shaq had 1/10th the career without kobe than kobe had without shaq

magic played zero defense and only 13 years while winning all 5 titles with 4 hall of fame team mates at a time

postmupndunkit
08-08-2015, 11:21 AM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=andrew+wiggins&_sop=16
which wiggins rookie is the best that isnt an autograph or jersey card

ralph_i_el
08-08-2015, 11:36 AM
well tim rode guys much worse than kobe for half his career

shaq had 1/10th the career without kobe than kobe had without shaq

magic played zero defense and only 13 years while winning all 5 titles with 4 hall of fame team mates at a time

you have to understand how that way of thinking about Shaq is flawed. Kobe got to play with Shaq during Shaq's prime. That means you're comparing Kobe's prime to Shaq's early and late years. Shaq's peak is clearly a tier above Kobe's.

Shaq> David Robinson

Plus Timmy was an All-star from day 1. Kobe has had more all star and hall of fame teammates than Duncan. Timmy D has more Fmvp's and regular MVPs. He's also never been the best player on a team that missed the playoffs.

kennethgriffin
08-08-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=andrew+wiggins&_sop=16

anyone could be asking a ton of money for anything. price doesnt tell me much

i wanna buy the best andrew wiggins rookie thats around 300$

toxicxr6
08-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Kobe has absolutely no case over timmy now at all..
Timmy is superior in just about every way

And I do agree Kobe is top 10.. I have him 10th exactly.. And I don't think he has any argument to go above 8... And there isn't a chance in hell he is anyone near top 5.
He wasn't even the best player on his team for most of his success and missed the playoffs as the best player on his team
Kobe is mad overrated on here..

kennethgriffin
08-08-2015, 02:53 PM
i just got one of the cards in the mail.. already framed it

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rf34no.jpg

stalkerforlife
08-08-2015, 08:20 PM

:facepalm

Why must we stay stuck on repeat for you guys?

Check the resume, holmes.

coin24
08-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Try collecting something cool like virginities or rape charges.. Cards are for losers

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 10:10 AM

http://i58.tinypic.com/2yjvr0y.jpg
Step Ur paper up Kenneth,

TylerOO
08-16-2015, 10:21 AM
So after you buy them, what do you do? Just stare at them? Stupid hobby.

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 11:05 AM
So after you buy them, what do you do? Just stare at them? Stupid hobby.
Sell them later on for a profit , it's called investing ..

NBAplayoffs2001
08-16-2015, 11:09 AM
One of my friend used to collect vintage posters of the Pistons and sold them for $100+ each.

Duderonomy
08-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Between comics and action figures I can't afford to get into sports memorabilia other than jerseys or shirts to wear at games.

ralph_i_el
08-16-2015, 11:23 AM
That's the stupidest shit I've heard. How about take that money and make some actual investments?

Kenneth, if you want to collect something, make it your dignity and let this thread die.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Between comics and action figures I can't afford to get into sports memorabilia other than jerseys or shirts to wear at games.

I wonder if it's true like in the movie, "40 Year old Virgin," that having a ton of comics and action figures and keeping them for years can eventually net $100K.

Heatles201
08-16-2015, 11:39 AM

Proof?

Duderonomy
08-16-2015, 11:47 AM
I wonder if it's true like in the movie, "40 Year old Virgin," that having a ton of comics and action figures and keeping them for years can eventually net $100K.
I'm mostly into Marvel and DC. If you buy the right things you can resell for profit. Most 80's- present comics don't bring more than their cover price unless it's a key issue. With action figures people either want vintage or what just came out with little demend for what was released in between. Some collectors spend 10% of their income on their hobby and over the years that adds up when they do decide to sell. 100k isn't unusual if you have been collecting for 20 years.

TylerOO
08-16-2015, 03:52 PM

LOL no one buys cards anymore. They used to be worth something but I guess people finally came to their senses and realized how stupid they are.

kennethgriffin
08-16-2015, 04:18 PM
LOL no one buys cards anymore. They used to be worth something but I guess people finally came to their senses and realized how stupid they are.

youre pretty dumb

try checking ebay prices and how many people bid on cards

its just not popular amongst children anymore. they collect pokemon card

which is why theres no card stores anymore... its an adult hobby more than anything now. and the reason online shopping is the main source is because everything in the collector world is mainly online now. like most things in general

cards adults buy are worth hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. and those types of things wouldnt be in stock at a local shop. not too many business owners with hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest.. and who would insure a store like that?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BGS-BVG-9-5-1979-80-OPC-18-WAYNE-GRETZKY-ROOKIE-CARD-GEM-MINT-OILERS-/281762130228?hash=item419a54e934

what a dumb hobby. this poor sap held onto his wayne gretzky card from 35 years ago and made 35 thousand dollars

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I put Ur name on my card Kenneth so u can tell people that U got a BGS 10 topps chrome Kobe rookie , thank me later

ihatetimthomas
08-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Only the most rare and unique cards are the ones that sell today. I had rare inserts in the 90's that were valued hundreds of dollars back then. I held on to them thinking they would only go up in value only to see over the years the demand and value plummet.

Either the card must have historical value or be autographed by a elite player or hall of famer. Even a lot of autographed cards are not worth much.

Collecting bball hards is not a profitable investment. Only collect if you truly just enjoy the hobby.

My greatest pull was a 1999 Wilt Chamberlain Epic Signatures auto #/100. I have it locked up in a lock box. Don't think ill ever top that one.

kennethgriffin
08-16-2015, 05:15 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2djc310.jpg

8 centering at best

you got taken lol

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 05:23 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2djc310.jpg

8 centering at best

you got taken lol
U out your damn mind boy,

kennethgriffin
08-16-2015, 05:25 PM
U out your damn mind boy,

well lol... then beckett f*cked up

you have to admit that its not centered. i literally took an exact copy of the left and lined it up with the right.

its off by a good amount

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 05:34 PM
well lol... then beckett f*cked up

you have to admit that its not centered. i literally took an exact copy of the left and lined it up with the right.

its off by a good amount
Looks like u need to read Beckett website on grading ,u don't know shit bout collecting and of course don't know shit bout basketball.

kennethgriffin
08-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Looks like u need to read Beckett website on grading ,u don't know shit bout collecting and of course don't know shit bout basketball.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/He+is+mad+hahaha_b44dfc_3115311.gif

the mesiah
08-16-2015, 06:27 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/He+is+mad+hahaha_b44dfc_3115311.gif
Hahaha, what wiggins u thinkin of gettin?

retaxis
08-17-2015, 12:09 AM
P.s Kenneth ur psychiatrist is not your girlfriend you delusional ****