PDA

View Full Version : Pacers trade for Cavs Christmas

Hey Yo
07-23-2015, 05:48 PM
"Indiana has time to develop guys, so they have traded for him. The Pacers announced the move, saying they gave up the future second-round pick they acquired in the Roy Hibbert trade.

Cocaine80s
07-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Cavs :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

SwishSquared
07-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Good pick up by Pacers imo. Two shot-blocking big guys in Turner & Christmas who can potentially spread the floor added this summer.

What exactly did they give up? A future 2nd rounder? At this rate, Cleveland gave up their first rounder for Cedi Osman and some asset to be named later.

RedBlackAttack
07-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Pretty clear that Christmas wasn't going to make the roster and they figured they might as well get an asset for him. I won't pass judgement, because I really know nothing about Rakeem.

SwishSquared
07-23-2015, 07:16 PM
I just read an article by Windhorst that said this move is to be followed by trading Haywood to Portland or Philly, apparently. They may need to attach a future pick and/or rights to overseas player(s) to get the deal done. This move would create the largest TPE in the league for the upcoming year. He also mentioned the possibility that the rest of the MMLE going to Sasha Kaun.

Cavs got a 2019 Lakers sound-rounder via Indy in exchange for Rakeem.

I could see either of the Blazers or 76ers asking for Osman and a future 2nd rounder.

RedBlackAttack
07-23-2015, 07:19 PM
I just read an article by Windhorst that said this move is to be followed by trading Haywood to Portland or Philly, apparently. They may need to attach a future pick and/or rights to overseas player(s) to get the deal done. This move would create the largest TPE in the league for the upcoming year. He also mentioned the possibility that the rest of the MMLE going to Sasha Kaun.

Cavs got a 2019 Lakers sound-rounder via Indy in exchange for Rakeem.

I could see either of the Blazers or 76ers asking for Osman and a future 2nd rounder.
Link to article:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13309223/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-second-round-pick-rakeem-christmas-indiana-pacers-set-larger-deal

Cocaine80s
07-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Link to article:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13309223/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-second-round-pick-rakeem-christmas-indiana-pacers-set-larger-deal
You have any info on who the Cavs are aiming for?

RedBlackAttack
07-23-2015, 07:27 PM
You have any info on who the Cavs are aiming for?

Well, they've pretty clearly moved on from trying to use the Haywood contract in the offseason. The plan now is to get this big TPE, which they could use at the midseason deadline. The thinking is that, similar to last year, once Griffin has time to assess the roster and see where the holes turn up, they'll be able to use this asset at that point instead of right now.

I think it is probably the right move, because the options have been pretty limited from what I've heard. You never know what may come up between now and the trade deadline.

Hey Yo
07-23-2015, 07:36 PM
Terry Pluto explains it:

"The Cavs have three options for the $10.5 million Brendon Haywood contract which is set to expire at the end of July. Remember, the Cavs have no interest in retaining the veteran center.

1. They can cut him at the end of month and not have to pay the $10.5 million non-guaranteed option.

2. They can trade him to another team, perhaps for a shooting guard to fill Smith's spot. That has to be done before the end of the month.

3. They can trade the contract to a team with lots of salary cap room. The three big possibilities are Portland, Philadelphia and Utah. The Cavs would have to add perhaps a second-round pick in the deal -- and they'd receive a "trade option in return."

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2015/07/cleveland_cavaliers_have_terry_15.html#incart_rive r