PDA

View Full Version : One on one: current MJ or Iggy

andgar923
07-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Who ya'll got?

I think MJ wins 2/3 games.

Of course this is MJ taking some time to get in shape.

ISHGoat
07-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Who ya'll got?

uhh pretty sure iggy would just score layups and post him up every posession

oarabbus
07-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Jordan is 52. Iggy would wreck him.

TheMan
07-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Come on, this is ridiculous :facepalm

Pretty sure I can beat 70 year old Jerry West, but what does that prove?

andgar923
07-21-2015, 10:48 PM
uhh pretty sure iggy would just score layups and post him up every posession
No he wouldn't.

I always find it surprising how little players drive while playing one on one.

Anyhow, MJ knows angles and is strong enough to stop the drive with hand checking on most drive attempts. Besides, he'd sag off Iggy enough to challenge and stop the drive.

MJ doesn't need much to get his shot off.

SugarHill
07-21-2015, 10:50 PM
At first I saw 2/3 and was thinking "damn this Jordan nut is being weird, even I wouldn't say that"...then I noticed you're talking about 50 year old Jordan :roll:

jesus man

andgar923
07-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Jordan is 52. Iggy would wreck him.
Never count out experience (speaking from experience).

Since moving to Ottawa I've gone undefeated vs 3 opponents.

I'm 37 with busted knees and in horrible shape, while 2 were ex high school players early 20s in their physical prime.

Experience matters.

SugarHill
07-21-2015, 10:55 PM

I'm 37 with busted knees and in horrible shape, while 2 were ex high school players early 20s in their physical prime.

Experience matters.
Didn't you make threads about literal children beating on the court?

andgar923
07-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Playing a half court game one on one (up to 10 or whatever) is completely different than a regular season game.

Which is why Kobe can wreck a 21 year old one on one at any given moment, yet struggle in a game.

There are different dynamics at play going one on one, different mentality, different strategies and skills.

A slow tempo mid-range game is something an experienced/skilled player can excel at.

andgar923
07-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Didn't you make threads about literal children beating on the court?
Lol sorta

That was a while back, but it was me shooting around and trying to work on my game (well as best as I could vs 12 year olds).

But it helped me work on my cross over slightly!

SamuraiSWISH
07-21-2015, 11:47 PM
30 year old, 1993 Jordan v.s. 2015 Iggy with solo isolations? You serious?! ... Well he's scoring, shooting, and being more efficienct than 36 ppg on 35 FGA in a seven game series. That's for damn sure.

sekachu
07-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Who ya'll got?

It would be more appropriate if you choose 38 MJ instead of 52 MJ.

FreezingTsmoove
07-22-2015, 12:33 AM
depends if there is strongside defense or weakside defense

will post gifs later

Angel Face
07-22-2015, 12:42 AM
I dunno MJ is too old now, he's like 52. But... didn't he beat a Bobcat player now Hornet in one on one when he was 49 turning 50? I think it was MKG.

yeah it was MKG...

Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said Friday in Houston that 49-year-old Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game. Jordan turns 50 Sunday, while Kidd-Gilchrist is seven months away from

"It was hard for me," Kidd-Gilchrist said before playing in the Rising Stars Challenge rookie-sophomore game Friday night. "I lost. He's the greatest man that ever played the game.

"Oh, yeah. He's good."

I'm not sure if he would beat the current FMVP tho. Maybe not, let's be honest he's old and out of shape. He would sure put up a score being the GOAT scorer. His athleticism may not be there anymore but his skills, BBall IQ and scoring instincts might still be there.

Megabox!
07-22-2015, 12:45 AM
God I hate MJ stans so much

FKAri
07-22-2015, 12:49 AM
Come on, this is ridiculous :facepalm

Pretty sure I can beat 70 year old Jerry West, but what does that prove?

You'd leapfrog West on my all time list if you did.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 12:50 AM
I dunno MJ is too old now, he's like 52. But... didn't he beat a Bobcat player now Hornet in one on one when he was 49 turning 50? I think it was MKG.

yeah it was MKG...

I'm not sure if he would beat the current FMVP tho. Maybe not, let's be honest he's old and out of shape. He would sure put up a score being the GOAT scorer. His athleticism may not be there anymore but his skills, BBall IQ and scoring instincts might still be there.

there was an NBA player that was asked if he could beat MJ one on one, and he said probably not cause "I heard he still go it" (paraphrasing) this was a couple months ago.

And for MJ to state that he could still beat his players one on one means something I would think.

Well, if he can't beat Iggy one on one, Im sure there is a specific player that he could. :pimp:

Fire Colangelo
07-22-2015, 01:05 AM
Iggy's by no means a scrub offensively.... this is someone that was averaging 20ppg on decent percentages a few years ago.

There's no way MJ keeps up with him one on one. MKG is a fking scrub offensively and was probably had a worse jump shot than I did when he played MJ one on one.

Heavincent
07-22-2015, 01:14 AM
30 year old, 1993 Jordan v.s. 2015 Iggy with solo isolations? You serious?! ... Well he's scoring, shooting, and being more efficienct than 36 ppg on 35 FGA in a seven game series. That's for damn sure.

No, OP seriously thinks CURRENT, 52 year old Jordan would beat Iguodala, who is 30 years old and in peak condition :oldlol:

Delusional. Absolutely delusional.

Heavincent
07-22-2015, 01:17 AM

Experience matters.

Iguodala is one of the most cerebral and intelligent players in the history of the league (according to multiple people who have been around the NBA for decades). He's not gonna lose to a ****ing 52 year old, even if it is the GOAT.

nzahir
07-22-2015, 01:58 AM
So a 52 year old who smokes and drinks is gona beat a 31 year old who is still very athletic and just a few years ago was the focal point of an offense.....**** outa here

Iggy too quick for him and mj probably lost the strength in his legs to stop iggy from posting him

Hey Yo
07-22-2015, 11:33 AM
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s357/darksylum/Fail_forecast.jpg

4 Inches
07-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Were you too busy *********ing over Space Jam that you missed reading lessons at school ?
OP says current MJ.

kshutts1
07-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Were you too busy *********ing over Space Jam that you missed reading lessons at school ?
OP says current MJ.
Not only that, but he says "current" MJ, then said we'd have to give MJ time to get in to shape. I think his delusion is so strong that it's caused him to forget the meaning of the word "current".

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 11:57 AM
mj. jumpshots are all you need in 1v1.

iggy's handle would be devastated by jordan's quick hands which don't slow with age

kshutts1
07-22-2015, 12:00 PM
mj. jumpshots are all you need in 1v1.

iggy's handle would be devastated by jordan's quick hands which don't slow with age
Not sure if serious?

Hands certain slow with age. As does one's reaction time. As does one's leg and arm strength, which affect shooting ability. As does one's endurance.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Not sure if serious?

Hands certain slow with age. As does one's reaction time. As does one's leg and arm strength, which affect shooting ability. As does one's endurance.

Arm strength actually improves, reaction time regarding hands doesn't deteriorate much, legs do in fact go down. But this is a half court game, he wouldn't need to use his legs as much.

kshutts1
07-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Arm strength actually improves, reaction time regarding hands doesn't deteriorate much, legs do in fact go down. But this is a half court game, he wouldn't need to use his legs as much.
:biggums:

Between that and your "current" vs "get in shape" portion of the OP, I'm done here.

hateraid
07-22-2015, 12:11 PM

Experience matters.

37 to 52 is a lifetime on the body. I bet when you hit 40 you'll notice how much more the body hurts.

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 12:13 PM
let's be real fellas, this thread is about one thing and one thing only

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcqzFIO51qg4omco1_500.jpg

Lebron23
07-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Iggy would destroy him.

zeerghit
07-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Who ya'll got?

go ask skip bayless i sure u will like the answer

Done_And_Done
07-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Iggy's by no means a scrub offensively.... this is someone that was averaging 20ppg on decent percentages a few years ago.

There's no way MJ keeps up with him one on one. MKG is a fking scrub offensively and was probably had a worse jump shot than I did when he played MJ one on one.

Did they ever announce who won?

Lebron23
07-22-2015, 12:31 PM
MKG sucks. Iggy just recently won the finals MVP.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 12:53 PM
37 to 52 is a lifetime on the body. I bet when you hit 40 you'll notice how much more the body hurts.
Very true, but I was never a world class elite athlete with access to the best training in the world.

MJ just beat one of his players and has beat his other players in practice for a while.

It's not as if MJ is this crippling old man.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 12:56 PM
MKG sucks. Iggy just recently won the finals MVP.

All thanks to your boy.

Imagine if MJ let Byron Russell win MVP?:lol

Legends66NBA7
07-22-2015, 12:57 PM

Was one of them kennethgriffin ?

Hey Yo
07-22-2015, 01:01 PM
All thanks to your boy.

MJ couldn't handle playing after 3 straight Finals appearances w/o quitting. How do you think he would have done in 5 straight with a below avg. roster in his 4th and 5th?

Guess we'll never know.

Lebron23
07-22-2015, 01:04 PM
All thanks to your boy.

Lebron averaged 36 ppg, 12 rpg, and 9 apg without Irving and Love in the NBA Finals. I doubt Jordan can duplicate that feat without Pippen, Rodman/Grant.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Was one of them kennethgriffin ?
Naw, I asked him repeatedly in a thread but never got a reply.

He's got height on me, but i'm still quick with handles even now.

If he decided to back me up, I'd be screwed, otherwise I have a chance, specially if I get on a roll.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Lebron averaged 36 ppg, 12 rpg, and 9 apg without Irving and Love in the NBA Finals. I doubt Jordan can duplicate that feat without Pippen, Rodman/Grant.
:lol :lol

My trolling can stop now.

I thought it was obvious.

Do I think current MJ can beat Iggy?

Not really, but it would be closer than most think. But if prime MJ and Bron swapped, MJ wins under the same scenario.

Lebron23
07-22-2015, 01:30 PM
:lol :lol

My trolling can stop now.

I thought it was obvious.

Do I think current MJ can beat Iggy?

Not really, but it would be closer than most think. But if prime MJ and Bron swapped, MJ wins under the same scenario.

Lebron was so very tired in the finals. He was doing everything for the Cavaliers. We might see a much better Lebron in 2016. He's now familiar with Blatt's System.

And He's more motivated to win his 3rd NBA title.

andgar923
07-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Lebron was so very tired in the finals. He was doing everything for the Cavaliers. We might see a much better Lebron in 2016. He's now familiar with Blatt's System.

And He's more motivated to win his 3rd NBA title.
:lol

Pathetic