PDA

View Full Version : Battle of LA. The "Rival" of Lakers and Clippers

imnew09
07-20-2015, 01:18 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/bml5evkxn/image.jpg

Lol GTFO of LA yall embarrasing to the sports of LA with all those selfie banners

GIF REACTION
07-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Stop ****ing posting

Nobody cares about the Lakers anymore

imnew09
07-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Stop ****ing posting

Nobody cares about the Lakers anymore

Because everyone be busy fking around with the Queens right:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Boston and SA are their rivals.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Of course it's not a rivarly. The Clippers are in a completely different league, hence the multiple 40-point blowouts when they match up. :oldlol:

And it could be even worse this season. :roll:

imnew09
07-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Of course it's not a rivarly. The Clippers are in a completely different league, hence the multiple 40-point blowouts when they match up. :oldlol:

Yea that 40 point blow out led them no where but a super extreme choke job against the Rockets. Keep hanging selfies boy

LoneyROY7
07-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Yea that 40 point blow out led them no where but a super extreme choke job against the Rockets. Keep hanging selfies boy

Meanwhile, y'all keep playing for ping-pong balls. :applause:

kennethgriffin
07-20-2015, 01:33 PM
how the f*ck does bob mcadoo not have his # retired by the clippers

senelcoolidge
07-20-2015, 01:41 PM
I guess this makes laker fans feel good. Their team is irrelvent. They have a d-league caliber squad. They used their #2 pick on a point guard project. Their owner and coach sucks. The Clippers don't respect the lakers, it's no competition. Their real rivals are real basketball teams like the Spurs and Warriors.

Young X
07-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Grizzlies are the Clippers' rivals. Both hate eachother and been through wars against eachother. They're 1-1 in the playoffs and I believe they're tied in their season series since 2012. Literally an even matchup and the most heated rivalry in the NBA.

Bosnian Sajo
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Lakers rivals include:

Boston
Phoenix
Detroit
San Antonio
Sacramento (not anymore really, but it was big in the early 00's)

Sure, the Clips and Lakers should be rivals, but there has never been real intensity in the games played. Same with GSW.

Levity
07-20-2015, 01:55 PM
They have a d-league caliber squad.

they do?

Lakers Legend#32
07-20-2015, 04:17 PM
The Clippers would have to get on their mothers shoulders to kiss the Lakers azz.

BlakFrankWhite
07-20-2015, 04:19 PM
You should post the number of mvp winners on both teams

DMV2
07-20-2015, 04:34 PM
2 Division banners vs 16 Finals championship banners = rivals

:oldlol:

Darius
07-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Damn knew Laker fans were starting to get insecure but didn't think it'd be this bad this quick :oldlol:

DMV2
07-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Neither the Lakers nor the Clippers have a Western Conference title banner hanging in Staples Center.

They're definitely rivals by that criteria.

L8krH8tr
07-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Lakers are ****ing done for, a Travesty. No more bought championships. Steve Ballmer= Billionare Owner. He could buy the Lakers himself today.

Mgamer20o0
07-20-2015, 08:38 PM
lakes vs clippers games played.

Los Angeles Lakers 144 - 60 Los Angeles Clippers
winning %: (.706) (.294)

they finally have a better team and going crazy.

AirTupac
07-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Lakers are ****ing done for, a Travesty. No more bought championships. Steve Ballmer= Billionare Owner. He could buy the Lakers himself today.

I could buy your mum with my pocket change, what does that have to do with anything? Bozo

bobopenguin
07-20-2015, 08:54 PM
pls, u guys need to look at bigger picture.

It's reival between Lakers vs All.
That's how hardcore we are.

TheMarkMadsen
07-20-2015, 08:59 PM

Last 15 years:

Lakers = 5 championships

Clippers = 5 playoff appearances

:roll: :roll:

boldarblood
07-20-2015, 09:38 PM
lol @ clippers fans.

This is like a 6th grader bragging about grades to a PhD. I am guessing Lakers will still win another title before the Clippers.

Their is no rivalry, Clippers need to actually do something, like win for once. And I count Clippers as my 2nd favorite team, grew up watching them as San Diego Clippers.

Real14
07-20-2015, 09:41 PM
2 Division banners vs 16 Finals championship banners = rivals

:roll:

imnew09
07-20-2015, 10:58 PM
For y'all stupid fks, i put rival in QUOTES, as i'm being sarcastic.

Clippers fans hype up their team as they think they're the ruler of L.A.

They just sidehos without rings

gts
07-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Just for a point of reference of who runs LA, this past season Lakers in their worst season ever still had higher TV rating than the Clippers in their best season ever. Lakers 5 summer league this summer had higher TV ratings than 60% of the Clipper games last season

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Just for a point of reference of who runs LA, this past season Lakers in their worst season ever still had higher TV rating than the Clippers in their best season ever. Lakers 5 summer league this summer had higher TV ratings than 60% of the Clipper games last season

:wtf: :wtf:

:roll: :roll:

Heavincent
07-21-2015, 12:46 AM
L.A basketball is like NY football. The Clippers will have some nice seasons (that don't result in titles), but the Lakers will always reign supreme in the end.

I say this as a huge Jets fan. No shame in being the little brother.

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 12:50 AM
These Laker fans are so f*cking insecure. :oldlol:

Guess what? The Clippers are simply a much, MUCH better team with a richer and smarter owner. And it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Thank you, next.

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Oh, and in regards to the Lakers past glory...

Please enlighten me on how that's relevant today, because last time I checked it hasn't helped much in recruiting new players/free agents these last couple of seasons, now has it? :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Last 15 years

Lakers = 5 championships

last 5 years

Lakers: NBA championship

Clippers: Shitted on by Houston, OKC

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Last 15 years

Lakers = 5 championships

last 5 years

Lakers: NBA championship

Clippers: Shitted on by Houston, OKC

All you can do is deflect to past accomplishments that mean absolutely nothing to the current team's situation.

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Oh, and in regards to the Lakers past glory...

Please enlighten me on how that's relevant today, because last time I checked it hasn't helped much in recruiting new players/free agents these last couple of seasons, now has it? :oldlol:

http://media.giphy.com/media/G3lISVpVC7ggo/giphy.gif

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 01:05 AM

All you can do is deflect to past accomplishments that mean absolutely nothing to the current team's situation.

at least we have some accomplishments to speak of

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 01:07 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/G3lISVpVC7ggo/giphy.gif

Nice to see those ratings rallied the team and pushed them into the playoffs last season. :applause:

Oh wait...

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 01:08 AM
at least we have some accomplishments to speak of

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

How are those accomplishments helping this current uninspiring squad y'all are fielding this year?

How is that Laker "allure" helping y'all with free agents?

imnew09
07-21-2015, 02:05 AM
How are those accomplishments helping this current uninspiring squad y'all are fielding this year?

How is that Laker "allure" helping y'all with free agents?

Your so called "relevant" Clipper team just made it to the conference Final last year............... That 20+ points lead in the 4th quarter...............

oh wait.............

mehyaM24
07-21-2015, 02:25 AM
not particularly a fan of either franchise BUT

magic >>> cp3
lakers >>>>>> clippers

Bobcats2013
07-21-2015, 02:32 AM

Here's the current situation, they were last seen having one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history.

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Here's the current situation, they were last seen having one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history.

And then proceeded to reload and have one of the best offseasons of any NBA team.

imnew09
07-21-2015, 02:34 AM

:roll: :lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 02:36 AM
Your so called "relevant" Clipper team just made it to the conference Final last year............... That 20+ points lead in the 4th quarter...............

oh wait.............

Yep, and then guess what we did in the off-season? We got better and actually brought good players onto our team.

Which is not something this current Lakers brass is seemingly capable of.

mehyaM24
07-21-2015, 02:37 AM
lmfao

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 02:38 AM
The current situation is that the Clippers currently have one of the most loaded rosters in the NBA.

clipps
07-21-2015, 05:11 AM
I don't think there is much of a rivalry either. OP did take the time to create a topic about it though. How are those rings treating you now?

SwayDizzle
07-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Lakers gun be scary good next season

bitedez
07-21-2015, 05:56 AM
I live in the present and future. I don't live in the past.:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

qrich
07-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Loads of cap space, ratjngs, past lead too Lou Williama being the marquee acquisition. Let that sink in

West-Side
07-21-2015, 12:55 PM
No one ****s with a sleeping Lion.
Keep talking Clipper fans; the arrogance you've demonstrated over the last several years about being the "King" of LA makes me think y'all did what the Lakers have done, 16 times. :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
07-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Loads of cap space, ratjngs, past lead too Lou Williama being the marquee acquisition. Let that sink in

Lou will win them some games. The Raptors were 1st in ORTG when he was on the floor. He has to go back to his Philly days where he was more of a playmaker and not just a pure gunner. After that, he'll fade in the playoffs like he usually does. He's really similar Jamal Crawford in that regard.

By the way, I'm still not sure where Lance Stephenson fits. Is he going to be the back up PG or SG ?

West-Side
07-21-2015, 01:09 PM

Who exactly was available this off-season?
A 30+ year old LMA?!

I'm glad we didn't waste 20M signing him.
LA are doing good, IMO.
They got a great value acquisition for Lou; paying him only 7 million when the man was the 6th man of the year. Trading for an expiring contract like Hibbert is a win-win for us. And we have three young prospects in Russell, Clarkson & Randle.

Lakers looked MUCH worse in 2005/06/07. I really saw no hope in that team and somehow magically they pulled out that Gasol trade, which completely changed everything.

They sign someone like Durant or acquire someone like Cousins; and the entire landscape of the NBA changes again.

Some notable free agents in 2016; Durant, Noah, A. Jefferson, E. Gordon, Batum, Nene, Horford, Deng, Mayo, Crawford.

All are unrestricted; with Hibbert & Kobe freeing up in excess of 40 million dollars for LA, and with the new cap in effect.

You really think it's out of the question for LA to ink Durant & Horford to deals?

Horford, Randle, Durant, Young & Russell
Bench: L. Williams, Clarkson, Bass - offer up around 8 million to someone like Crawford or Deng.

Now you have a stacked team who's as good as any team in the league.
I know it won't happen but LA have the flexibility to pull it off while keeping all three of their prospects on the team.

LA don't go into long rebuilding phases; the large market, endorsement opportunities, and spot-light attracts many players.

Not only do they have the projects, cap space and some really good value players like Bass, Lou and Hibbert; they also have a possibility of actually being a lottery.

I think the FO has done a great job (A+) this off-season to give them the flexibility going forward.

Genaro
07-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Clippers fans can't be serious. For all the good regular seasons they had, at the end of the day they walk out of the season as empty handed as the Lakers.
There's no participation medal for making the playoffs. Win the ring or shut the f.uck up.

West-Side
07-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Clippers fans can't be serious. For all the good regular seasons they had, at the end of the day they walk out of the season as empty handed as the Lakers.
There's no participation medal for making the playoffs. Win the ring or shut the f.uck up.

I believe the Clippers have missed the playoffs more times in one decade than the Lakers have since the 1940's.

Link that sink in.

imnew09
07-21-2015, 01:19 PM
The current situation is that the Clippers currently have one of the most loaded rosters in the NBA.

The most loaded soon gonna be the most loaded bust.

hawke812
07-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I live in the present and future. I don't live in the past.:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

No one is talking about living in the past. It's like saying a person who puts down work experience and education/degree on their resume is living in the past. Winning a championship is an accomplishment :confusedshrug:

imnew09
07-21-2015, 01:27 PM
No one is talking about living in the past. It's like saying a person who puts down work experience and education/degree on their resume is living in the past. Winning a championship is an accomplishment :confusedshrug:

Rent free nigguhs be like whats a resume....

Tell em!

Brokenbeat
07-21-2015, 01:28 PM

It really is that simple. :confusedshrug:

magictricked
07-21-2015, 01:35 PM
I believe the Clippers have missed the playoffs more times in one decade than the Lakers have since the 1940's.

Link that sink in.

Since the start of the NBA in 1948 the Lakers have missed the playoffs 6 times

Since 1980 when they moved to LA the Clippers have missed the playoffs 29 times

MDA
07-21-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't think there is much of a rivalry either. OP did take the time to create a topic about it though. How are those rings treating you now?
Better than those selfies

imnew09
07-21-2015, 01:37 PM
The current situation is that the Clippers currently have one of the most loaded selfiesin the NBA.

Fixed