PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith to Clippers

Nash
07-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Lance, PP and Josh Smith. Not a bad summer for the Clippers.

GIF REACTION
07-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Josh is a ****ing idiots for not coming to the Cowbell Kingdom. LA is a cesspool of evil.

J Shuttlesworth
07-16-2015, 05:12 PM
link?

HylianNightmare
07-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Wait that's official? **** me the clippers are stacking the deck

buddha
07-16-2015, 05:14 PM
West is ****ing stacked. 4 best teams in the NBA.

Achilleas
07-16-2015, 05:16 PM
i read now in twitter that they are going to sign with clippers
funny team
lance,paul,dj,smoove,jamal
:roll:

Achilleas
07-16-2015, 05:18 PM
los angeles chokers :banana:

GIF REACTION
07-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 17m17 minutes ago
Free agent Josh Smith has reached agreement with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell RealGM.

Ah. The arch-nemesis

SwishSquared
07-16-2015, 05:21 PM
They got him for the vet min? Wow, nice job by Doc actually. I think they should also look into Darrell Arthur, Henry Sims, and maybe LRMAM if his problems aren't too serious. .

GreggPopazit
07-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Doc back to pimping his daughter :applause:

Joyner82reload
07-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Might be the least likable team in NBA history

b0bab0i
07-16-2015, 05:26 PM
We'll gladly accept the villain role if it wins us a ship.

Achilleas
07-16-2015, 05:27 PM
please clippers sign mcgee :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
07-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Damn. This ended up being a great offseason for the Clippies

Vancouver-Grizz
07-16-2015, 05:28 PM

Silly, that belongs to any team that LeBron plays for...:no:

4 Inches
07-16-2015, 05:29 PM
No excuses

Achilleas
Josh Smith airballs a 3
Chris Paul yells at Josh Smith
Josh Smith spits at Chris Paul
Lance Stephenson runs and hits Chris Paul from behind

pastis
wow nice addition. looking on clippers roster for the last 3 years....this team should have made consistently at least wcf.....well i think this year is locked?

clipps
07-16-2015, 05:30 PM
I wonder if Doc has anymore moves in store. Maybe still trading Crawford for another big or a vet PG.

AirTupac
07-16-2015, 05:30 PM
It'll only be funnier when they bounced in the 2nd round with an even MORE stacked team. Cp3 can you get it done?

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/542136/chrispaul.jpg

Rocketswin2013
07-16-2015, 05:32 PM
::banana:

Vancouver-Grizz
07-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Kinda funny that the Rockets didn't resign him... i thought he did quite well playing there.

longtime lurker
07-16-2015, 05:33 PM
It'll only be funnier when they bounced in the 2nd round with an even MORE stacked team. Cp3 can you get it done?

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/542136/chrispaul.jpg

So true. I don't think Pierce's clutchness can push the Clippers into the WCF. Too much choking to overcome. Lol @ Josh Smith and Crawford chucking the air out of the ball.

Achilleas
07-16-2015, 05:35 PM
lance,jmoove,jamal will shoot after 1 dribble :banana:
i hope the don't play with spurs in playoffs,because we will see 100 fts every game :facepalm

Smook A.
07-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Dammit, im gonna miss Josh :(

StephHamann
07-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Doc's daughter must be busy these days.

brownmamba00
07-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Doc's daughter must be busy these days.
:lol

Mass Debator
07-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Even more stacked team?

JJ Redick - 6/26 from 3 the last 3 games
Crawford - 29% shooting the last 3 games
Barnes - 2/13 from 3 the last 3 games and 25% the last 6
A. Rivers - Enough said
Big Baby - See above
Hawes - See above

This year will be the first year the Clips have enough to compete for the title. The other years are just Semi/Conference finals squads being top heavy. Not stacked. Were only 6 deep.

Derka
07-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Total steal for the veteran's minimum.

DirkLegend41
07-16-2015, 05:48 PM
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dwight-howard-sues-260.jpg

Dwight is sad that his best friend left him and doesn't wanna play with him anymore.

BoutPractice
07-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Good for them.

Maybe they can lose by fewer points in game 7 of the second round.

senelcoolidge
07-16-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't like Smith but he's a great addition to the Clippers. He just has to know his role. The Clippers had a horrible bench and they have addressed that this off season. They are title contenders.

wang4three
07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't like Smith but he's a great addition to the Clippers. He just has to know his role. The Clippers had a horrible bench and they have addressed that this off season. They are title contenders.

As much as I dislike Doc, he does have a knack for being able to make talented players with attitude problems focused and understand their role.

bigkingsfan
07-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Another knucklehead to the dysfunctional bunches.

Smoke117
07-16-2015, 05:56 PM
So true. I don't think Pierce's clutchness can push the Clippers into the WCF. Too much choking to overcome. Lol @ Josh Smith and Crawford chucking the air out of the ball.

You have to be an idiot to ever think Pierce is going to be given the ball over CP3 in a clutch situation.

outbreak
07-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Josh Smith had a private locker room meeting with Austin Rivers before signing, after the signing was announced the Clippers also told the press that Austin Rivers will be sitting out pre-season due to "lower back issues". Sobbing was reportedly heard coming from the locker room as the press conference wrapped up.

clipps
07-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Wow. Clippers were on the verge of having a nightmare off-season; trading all of their role players just to fit the void at center if DJ left. Now it's looking like the best off-season since trading for Chris Paul

Paul Pierce, Lance Stephenson, Josh Smith, and Wes Johnson, for Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes. Clippers finally have length and size, something they lacked for years. Just gotta trade Jamal Crawford. I think he'll be the odd man out so might as well trade him.

Smook A.
07-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Apparently the Kings offered Josh 4 yrs/$72m. He turned that down for the vet min with the Clips. Dude really wants a ring :lol

BlazerRed
Enjoy the second round exit :applause:

WorldWarriors
Clips aint playing.

Genaro
07-16-2015, 06:00 PM
One more player to hack.
http://i.imgur.com/A4aAg.gif

BlakFrankWhite
07-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Still the 5th best team in the West

ClipperRevival
07-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Shocking signing. Didn't see this coming. If Doc does a great motivation job on Lance, Josh and Wes, this team is as talented as any team if they can play up to their potential.

outbreak
07-16-2015, 06:06 PM
As long as CP3 is there this team will still fall apart in the play offs. The best move they could make next is to trade him for a package that brings even more depth.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ng28yno

atljonesbro
07-16-2015, 06:07 PM
How much help does Chris Paul need???

ClipperRevival
07-16-2015, 06:09 PM
As long as CP3 is there this team will still fall apart in the play offs. The best move they could make next is to trade him for a package that brings even more depth.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ng28yno

That's why they got Pierce. So he can be that calming influence in clutch situations.

UK2K
07-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Good.

Now Rox need to use their MLE on a back up PG.

We don't need 4 PFs on our roster.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 06:12 PM
wow nice addition. looking on clippers roster for the last 3 years....this team should have made consistently at least wcf.....well i think this year is locked?

why? Look at the Spurs and Thunder and its clear those should have been the ones making the WCF, as they usually did, 3 times in a row from 2012-2014 save a Westbrook injury.

outbreak
How much help does Chris Paul need???
He needs a sports psychologist not more players

SpecialQue
Doc's daughter this offseason:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4099064/tudors-bj-1-o.gif

BlakFrankWhite
07-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Thunder would eat these clowns

KD is GOAT

outbreak
07-16-2015, 06:14 PM
That's why they got Pierce. So he can be that calming influence in clutch situations.
Hopefully it pans out. I like so many players on this clippers roster, if only cp3 and blake didn't argue with the refs and act so entitled I could really get behind seeing guys like Redick, Turk, Crawford, Davis, PP, do well

brownmamba00
07-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Apparently the Kings offered Josh 4 yrs/$72m. He turned that down for the vet min with the Clips. Dude really wants a ring :lol
wow lmao if this is true...

outbreak
07-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Could be other reasons to turn down that offer...

Nash
07-16-2015, 06:24 PM
this can't be true, Pistons are also paying him 6m a year until 2020. Dude would have been drowning in money :roll: :roll:
as a role player for 2 straight season he will never see money like that again.

TheMarkMadsen
07-16-2015, 06:25 PM
If the Clippers don't make the finals.. :roll: :roll:

BigNBAfan
07-16-2015, 06:26 PM

wth source??? I dont see any numbers on anywhere with what the kings offered

SpecialQue
07-16-2015, 06:27 PM
If the Clippers don't make the conference finals.. :roll: :roll:

fify

No way they get to the finals though. Spurs looking stacked as fvck right now.

bigkingsfan
07-16-2015, 06:27 PM
:yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 06:28 PM
If the Clippers don't make the finals.. :roll: :roll:

you think this team is favorites over OKC, Warriors, Spurs? Vegas/betting odds don't agree with you.

Smook A.
07-16-2015, 06:28 PM
wth source??? I dont see any numbers on anywhere with what the kings offered

Carmichael Dave @CarmichaelDave

Sources: Kings offered Josh Smith a 4 year, 72 million dollar deal. He turned it down for 12 dollars and a hamster from the Clippers.

outbreak
07-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I think a lot of players are looking at this year as a gap year. They know they can make more next year under the new cap so will sacrifice this year to try and win it all.

TheMarkMadsen
07-16-2015, 06:34 PM
you think this team is favorites over OKC, Warriors, Spurs? Vegas/betting odds don't agree with you.

they are the deepest team in the league and have 2 MVP candidates completely healthy in their prime on the same team.

if you don't think Cp3 is supposed to lead this team to the finals then you're basically admitting he isn't on the same level as the other players who are expected to do so (KD, Russ, Steph etc.)

L8krH8tr
07-16-2015, 06:37 PM
HUGE signing , I still feel like they need a more decent back up big guy than Big Baby though.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 06:38 PM
they are the deepest team in the league and have 2 MVP candidates completely healthy in their prime on the same team.

if you don't think Cp3 is supposed to lead this team to the finals then you're basically admitting he isn't on the same level as the other players who are expected to do so (KD, Russ, Steph etc.)

KD is a much better companion to have than Blake lol.. Steph's team is on an all-time level of stackedness, same for the Spurs.. meanwhile, KD is all time caliber.. like, no individual of these 4 teams has the ceiling/ability of Durant.

SpecialQue
07-16-2015, 06:41 PM
HUGE signing , I still feel like they need a more decent back up big guy than Big Baby though.

Let's be real...nobody gives a shit how you feel about this.

bigkingsfan
07-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 2h2 hours ago Paradise, NV

Sources: The Sacramento Kings offered Luc Mbah A Moute a more fun physical, but he elected to take a lamer one from a different team.
:hammerhead:

You know he's fking around. Kings don't even have cap space to offer him that.

TheMarkMadsen
07-16-2015, 06:42 PM
KD is a much better companion to have than Blake lol.. Steph's team is on an all-time level of stackedness, same for the Spurs.. meanwhile, KD is all time caliber.. like, no individual of these 4 teams has the ceiling/ability of Durant.

excuses, excuses, excuses.. nothing new from this poster

Clippers are stacked as fucc

KD has Russ who is on the same level as Blake, Blake was 3rd in MVP voting for 2014 and absolutly dominated at times in the playoffs 26/12/6 and then you add to that the amazing depth that the Clippers have compared to the other teams in the league.. only team out West that can even compare are the Spurs

Clippers can win a playoff game without Cp3, OKC can't even make the playoffs without KD

Steph just won MVP, and mopped the floor with the same team that beat the Clipps in embarrassing fashion.

All these excuses you make for his potential failure just shows that he's not on the same level as these other players

jayfan
07-16-2015, 06:45 PM
You have to be an idiot to ever think Pierce is going to be given the ball over CP3 in a clutch situation.

:biggums:

You'd have to be an idiot not to give the ball to Pierce over CP3 in a clutch situation.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 06:46 PM
excuses, excuses, excuses.. nothing new from this poster

Clippers are stacked as fucc

KD has Russ who is on the same level as Blake, Blake was 3rd in MVP voting for 2014 and absolutly dominated at times in the playoffs 26/12/6 and then you add to that the amazing depth that the Clippers have compared to the other teams in the league.. only team out West that can even compare are the Spurs

Clippers can win a playoff game without Cp3, OKC can't even make the playoffs without KD

Steph just won MVP, and mopped the floor with the same team that beat the Clipps in embarrassing fashion.

All these excuses you make for his potential failure just shows that he's not on the same level as these other players

So, you think CP3/BG/DJ and a weak bench > Kawhi/Duncan/Parker/Manu/Aldridge and a stacked bench and the GOAT coach?
> Curry/Iggy/Klay/Dray/Bogut and a stacked bench? > KD/Russ/Ibaka/Kanter and a decent bench?

Where does CP3 rank in your top 30? :applause:

Droid101
07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
AW propping up GS lol. They are not stacked. They had the MVP and a good defense, that's it.

jayfan
07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Dammit, im gonna miss Josh :(

He played nicely for you guys until the WCF. Killed the team there. No huge loss.

TheMarkMadsen
07-16-2015, 06:52 PM
So, you think CP3/BG/DJ and a weak bench > Kawhi/Duncan/Parker/Manu/Aldridge and a stacked bench and the GOAT coach?
> Curry/Iggy/Klay/Dray/Bogut and a stacked bench? > KD/Russ/Ibaka/Kanter and a decent bench?

Where does CP3 rank in your top 30? :applause:

are you honestly insane??

Lance, Pierce, Josh Smith, Crawford is a weak bench.. :wtf:

yet Jeremy Lamb and :confusedshrug: is a "decent bench"

WHAT!?!?

Cocaine80s
07-16-2015, 06:52 PM
A line up of

Cp3
Lance
Smith
Blake
DJ

Would be crazy athletic. They wouldn't win shit tho

Cocaine80s
07-16-2015, 06:54 PM
AW propping up GS lol. They are not stacked. They had the MVP and a good defense, that's it.
You know a team is stacked when the MVP doesn't win fmvp

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 06:57 PM
are you honestly insane??

Lance, Pierce, Josh Smith, Crawford is a weak bench.. :wtf:

yet Jeremy Lamb and :confusedshrug: is a "decent bench"

WHAT!?!?

Look, point is: 'If X doesn't make it there, he's overrated!/not what people say he is!/not as good as you think!' is all dumb talk, for dumb people.. just let it play out, there are 4 very loaded teams in this conference, you forgot? DIS DA WEST DOE!!!

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:01 PM

They really aren't though.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:03 PM
They really aren't though.

:kobe:

you were on here for hours debating that if they win the title they're on the same level as the other GOAT teams..

:kobe: :kobe:

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
:kobe:

you were on here for hours debating that if they win the title they're on the same level as the other GOAT teams..

:kobe: :kobe:

Being "stacked" vs being a great team is different.

Also, claiming they were on par or better than the 10 Celtics isn't the same thing as saying they are a GOAT team.

Curry is vastly undervalued in relation to how much having him makes the Warriors work.

To act like Paul's help is worse than Curry's is just kind of a joke to be honest now. The Clippers actually have more talent now.

Black and White
07-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Look, point is: 'If X doesn't make it there, he's overrated!/not what people say he is!/not as good as you think!' is all dumb talk, for dumb people.. just let it play out, there are 4 very loaded teams in this conference, you forgot? DIS DA WEST DOE!!!

Nothing you say will take the "no excuses" label off the Clippers, give up

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Being "stacked" vs being a great team is different.

Also, claiming they were on par or better than the 10 Celtics isn't the same thing as saying they are a GOAT team.

Curry is vastly undervalued in relation to how much having him makes the Warriors work.

To act like Paul's help is worse than Curry's is just kind of a joke to be honest now. The Clippers actually have more talent now.

And I'll add that we are simply talking about what has happened to date. Obviously if the Warriors blow this series....it will dramatically change our tune about them as a team. Someone earlier laughed at that, but I don't follow that logic.

If the Celtics had lost game 7 to the Hawks. Would it not dramatically change our view of that team?

In the playoffs, it's just about winning playoff series honestly. Too many teams we know to be great struggled against weak competition for us to put so much weight on a couple games.

The reason those 08 Celtics are brought up is because we all know they were all time great. They had one of the most talented teams in finals history and really just had it all....so why is it then okay for them to go an anything but dominant 16-10 in the playoffs while this Warriors team is currently 14-5 and it's not okay?

We obviously don't know what is going to happen these next 3 games, but this Warriors team to date is being seriously under-rated. This talk of HOF this and that...doesn't matter. The Warriors have HOF level players and a great coaching staff and are deep and versatile as it gets. They have a guy that before the series...many people were saying they'd take over prime Lebron James. Granted, it was probably trolling or biased Kobe fans saying it, but the point is that a couple games doesn't change all that.

Losing the finals? Yep, that changes all that.

And can we please stop talking about the 10 Celtics as a great team? Like...please. They were old, not deep, couldn't rebound, couldn't shoot 3's, and relied heavily on average players. They were still really really really good, but nothing through the first 100 or so games of the year is evidence that they are on a different level than the Warriors.

In fact, the two teams have a similar talent rating outside of their best player and it's the Warriors that looked better start to present so far.

But oh no....someone has to be an "idiot" according to the morons here to even compare them to that 10 Celtics team.

if you're now changing your tune you're giving far too little credit to Iggy, Bogut, Klay, Draymond... Draymond was one of the highest impact players in the NBA, Bogut the #1 defender, Iggy the highest finals impact player.. they had 2 recent all-stars coming off the bench, they were so deep they just decided to sit Bogut because they had other options working just as fine.

chips93
07-16-2015, 07:16 PM

they had the number one defense, and the number two offense, a top 10 all-time point differential (7th iirc), and they won 67 games.

they were an all time great regular season team, at worst.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Nothing you say will take the "no excuses" label off the Clippers, give up

my mistake, no exuses doe, championship or bust doe...

ISH :lol :facepalm

Droid101
07-16-2015, 07:18 PM
they had the number one defense, and the number two offense, a top 10 all-time point differential (7th iirc), and they won 67 games.

they were an all time great regular season team, at worst.
"All time great" does not mean stacked. They played really well together but come on, they were virtually the same team from 2014, and nobody was calling them stacked at that point.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:22 PM
"All time great" does not mean stacked. They played really well together but come on, they were virtually the same team from 2014, and nobody was calling them stacked at that point.

ISH at its finest... all time great but not stacked, why, because of Steph ****in Curry somehow managed to lose 3 games in the loaded West with a NON stacked team?

droid, I think we could put this one in your best posts edition :lol

Yeah, none of the players from 2014 had made a positive progress, either :lol :cheers: (totally besides the fact that they were actually already called stacked at that point, people wondered why they didn't win more.. then took out the shitty coach)

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:25 PM
if you're now changing your tune you're giving far too little credit to Iggy, Bogut, Klay, Draymond... Draymond was one of the highest impact players in the NBA, Bogut the #1 defender, Iggy the highest finals impact player.. they had 2 recent all-stars coming off the bench, they were so deep they just decided to sit Bogut because they had other options working just as fine.

It's not changing my tune on the Warriors at all. The post you quoted....what purpose does that serve you here? You think it's a contradiction? Because it isn't at all.

It's that the Clippers are now absolutely loaded.

LOL

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:26 PM
ISH at its finest... all time great but not stacked, why, because of Steph ****in Curry somehow managed to lose 3 games in the loaded West with a NON stacked team?

droid, I think we could put this one in your best posts edition :lol

Yeah, none of the players from 2014 had made a positive progress, either :lol :cheers: (totally besides the fact that they were actually already called stacked at that point, people wondered why they didn't win more.. then took out the shitty coach)

Well....he's right.

To act like this Warriors team is clearly more talented than the current Clippers now is ****ing silly.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Well....he's right.

To act like this Warriors team is clearly more talented than the current Clippers now is ****ing silly.

Nobody is acting that way.. we have to dumb it down a bit for the Laker tards, but its a 4-way race between 4 loaded teams, no team has 'no excuse' (simple terms for sheep) in this race.. just sit back and enjoy.

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Nobody is acting that way.. we have to dumb it down a bit for the Laker tards, but its a 4-way race between 4 loaded teams, no team has 'no excuse' (simple terms for sheep) in this race.. just sit back and enjoy.

Well okay, but I don't care about this "no excuse" crap...LOL

I'm just simply saying that the current Clippers that have added Lance, Josh, Pierce....they are absolutely as talented/stacked as the current Warriors. I'd probably argue they have more talent actually...and their 2nd best player is easily better than the 2nd best player on the Warriors as well. Which absolutely matters.

You seem to agree.

So what are you trying to say to me?

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Well okay, but I don't care about this "no excuse" crap...LOL

I'm just simply saying that the current Clippers that have added Lance, Josh, Pierce....they are absolutely as talented/stacked as the current Warriors. I'd probably argue they have more talent actually...and their 2nd best player is easily better than the 2nd best player on the Warriors as well. Which absolutely matters.

You seem to agree.

So what are you trying to say to me?

no more "LOL"s from you at me bro :no: :lol

yea, both teams have a shot at winning this matchup.. but, I do fear people are expecting a bit too much from Pierce here.. who could very well fall off a cliff and it shouldn't surprise anyone. Smith is a guy that can hurt you at times as much as help you, same for Lance.. headcase.

LoneyROY7
07-16-2015, 07:36 PM
I REALLY don't like Josh Smith, but...

F*CK IT.

When we go small with Blake and Smith in the front-court, the playmaking possibilities will be INSANE.

They're no more excuses, this team is f*cking stacked.

PG: Paul/Rivers
SG: Redick/Stephenson/Crawford
SF: Pierce/Johnson/Stephenson
PF: Blake/Smith
C: DJ/Aldrich

:oldlol:

Damn.

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:37 PM

yea, both teams have a shot at winning this matchup.. but, I do fear people are expecting a bit too much from Pierce here.. who could very well fall off a cliff and it shouldn't surprise anyone. Smith is a guy that can hurt you at times as much as help you, same for Lance.. headcase.

No team is perfect. Klay goes missing a lot for a championship 2nd option and Harrison Barnes can be inconsistent and Barbosa isn't exactly efficient in the playoffs very often.

So I ask again. Are you saying that the Warriors are still clearly better? Or are you coming off that?

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:39 PM
No team is perfect. Klay goes missing a lot for a championship 2nd option and Harrison Barnes can be inconsistent and Barbosa isn't exactly efficient in the playoffs very often.

So I ask again. Are you saying that the Warriors are still clearly better? Or are you coming off that?

read my post again

DMAVS41
07-16-2015, 07:47 PM
read my post again

So if you agree with me...where is this contradiction you speak of?

KG215
07-16-2015, 07:48 PM
The WCSF is going to be insane. Two of the of the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, or Grizzlies aren't making it past the first round. All 6 teams would be the best or second best team in the East and a lock for the ECF.

KG215
07-16-2015, 07:56 PM

I do agree with this. Paul Pierce turns 38 in October. He might be good for small stretches at getting hot and hitting the occasional clutch shot, but there's also a chance his game takes a sharp decline. And of course the "knucklehead" possibilities with Lance Stephenson and Josh Smith on the team are endless and will bite the Clippers in the ass at some point.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2015, 07:56 PM
The WCSF is going to be insane. Two of the of the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, or Grizzlies aren't making it past the first round. All 6 teams would be the best or second best team in the East and a lock for the ECF.

:durantunimpressed:

but yea, its gonna be wild

KG215
07-16-2015, 08:05 PM
:durantunimpressed:

but yea, its gonna be wild
It's pure speculation, but on paper I'd say at least all three of the Spurs, Warriors, and the Thunder (if healthy) are on par with or better than the Cavs. I didn't mean the other three teams (Clippers, Rockets, and Grizzlies) are as good as or better than the Cavs.

Of course I know you disagree with the notion that even the Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder are at least as good as the Cavs, if not better.

outbreak
07-16-2015, 08:08 PM
It's pure speculation, but on paper I'd say at least all three of the Spurs, Warriors, and the Thunder (if healthy) are on par with or better than the Cavs. I didn't mean the other three teams (Clippers, Rockets, and Grizzlies) are as good as or better than the Cavs.

Of course I know you disagree with the notion that even the Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder are at least as good as the Cavs, if not better.
For the first time in awhile i think it's a pretty open field in terms of who wins it all.

KG215
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
For the first time in awhile i think it's a pretty open field in terms of who wins it all.
Yeah, there are four teams from the West (Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers) that I think can win the title. And of course you throw in the Cavaliers from the East, and there are 5-6 teams total that I can see the winning the championship this year. Of course by playoff time that number will probably be down to 3-4 teams at the most. I'm still not that sold on the Rockets as being quite on par with those four teams; they did beat the Clippers last year but the Clippers depth was comically bad and they definitely improved that aspect of their roster on paper at least. And while I think the Grizzlies can win a series or two I think, as always, their lack of offense will once again be too much for them to overcome in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think the West has three tiers of teams that it wouldn't surprise anyone if they made the WCF:

Warriors
Spurs
Thunder

Clippers
Rockets

Grizzlies

chips93
07-16-2015, 08:17 PM

:applause:

Rooster
07-16-2015, 08:37 PM
I REALLY don't like Josh Smith, but...

F*CK IT.

When we go small with Blake and Smith in the front-court, the playmaking possibilities will be INSANE.

They're no more excuses, this team is f*cking stacked.

PG: Paul/Rivers
SG: Redick/Stephenson/Crawford
SF: Pierce/Johnson/Stephenson
PF: Blake/Smith
C: DJ/Aldrich

:oldlol:

Damn.

J Smoove gives you guys another dimension because you guys can play small ball and he can throw those lobs and create plays. He's like a cheap accessory that you can use and might need later.

Inferno
07-16-2015, 08:44 PM
No excuses :bowdown:

Richesly
07-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Ever since Josh left the Hawks, he's became a journeyman scrub. Have fun with that dumbass, Clippers. Bitch tried to shush the boos in ATL last season when he made a 3, and it only motivated the Hawks even more to come back from 15.

****in garbage.

Fiasco
07-16-2015, 10:59 PM
You guys can't really think a team with Austin Rivers as a key reserve allows them to be considered stacked, do you?

They have some good depth at 2 + 4 but that's honestly it. Smith is an alright signing. If Rivers is actually keen on improving on the bench he'll move Crawford for an actual back up 1.

And1AllDay
07-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Even more stacked team?

JJ Redick - 6/26 from 3 the last 3 games
Crawford - 29% shooting the last 3 games
Barnes - 2/13 from 3 the last 3 games and 25% the last 6
A. Rivers - Enough said
Big Baby - See above
Hawes - See above

This year will be the first year the Clips have enough to compete for the title. The other years are just Semi/Conference finals squads being top heavy. Not stacked. Were only 6 deep.

Last 3 games? :lol

And, did you forget the Clippers have DeAndre Jordan (league leader in rebounding) and elite players: Chris Paul and Blake Griffin?

That's a pretty nice big 3. (And a former 6th man winner in Crawford) Adding Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson to the mix is pretty beast.

SwishSquared
07-17-2015, 12:52 AM
You guys can't really think a team with Austin Rivers as a key reserve allows them to be considered stacked, do you?

They have some good depth at 2 + 4 but that's honestly it. Smith is an alright signing. If Rivers is actually keen on improving on the bench he'll move Crawford for an actual back up 1.He won't bring in anybody for fear it'll mess up Austin's value if trades a decent bench chucker for another PG. Just sign somebody for the vet min. He's a 3rd stringer (like Rivers), but Ish Smith is at least capable of throwing lobs and getting into the paint at will. Won't cost you Rivers. He's bad on defense, too, so there's that.

I honestly think the Clippers best shot of trading Crawford would have been convincing Pierce to opt-in, then sending Crawford to the Wizards.

Could have freed up the mid-level for some other quality bench piece.

No_Look604
07-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Silly, that belongs to any team that LeBron plays for...:no:

Yoooooo!!!! Moten!!! :rockon: I rocked knee highs for years in organized bball starting in jr high because of that dude! Starting in the mid 90's lasting about 5 years.

Whatever happened to BLUE and G-MONEY doe?!

Al Thornton
07-17-2015, 01:15 AM

They have some good depth at 2 + 4 but that's honestly it. Smith is an alright signing. If Rivers is actually keen on improving on the bench he'll move Crawford for an actual back up 1.

it's a ton of depth. every good team has one bad rotation player, rivers getting 10-15 mpg isn't going to destroy a team and he showed some potential of being good in the playoffs. smith is a great signing at the minimum, they signed hawes for the mid level last year and he couldn't actually play. smith's ideal role is as a 3rd big and he fits really well with both blake and dj.

i think you might have forgotten what the clippers roster looked like going into last season, check that out.

SwishSquared
07-17-2015, 01:16 AM
Clips should also look into Kendall Marshall as a backup PG. Again, bad defender, but he can be signed for cheap. Can set up teammates better than Austin can.

ClipperRevival
07-17-2015, 01:21 AM
People completely sleeping on Wes Johnson. As a starter, he sucks because he isn't much of a scorer but as a 3 coming off the bench, he can be solid. He has great D potential, can run the court and his athleticism/size is off the charts.

This season comes down to a lot on Doc and how well he can motivate the headcases of Lance, Josh and Wes. If he can somehow get these guys to jell, the Clips are as talented as any team because their big 3 is about as good as any trio.

Al Thornton
07-17-2015, 01:21 AM
Clips should also look into Kendall Marshall as a backup PG. Again, bad defender, but he can be signed for cheap. Can set up teammates better than Austin can.

the setting up teammates part doesn't really matter when lance and smith are both going to be creating plays off the bench. if they can upgrade austin that would be great, it would be even better if he just improves which he should be able to do with a full season in la with all those veterans.

SwishSquared
07-17-2015, 01:28 AM
the setting up teammates part doesn't really matter when lance and smith are both going to be creating plays off the bench. if they can upgrade austin that would be great, it would be even better if he just improves which he should be able to do with a full season in la with all those veterans.Maybe I caught him at the wrong times, but Austin looking off BG and others off PnRs was aggravating lol. I think Rivers is bad if he's asked to be the actual backup PG and play defense for extended mins. He's ineffective if he has to do both tasks. Would rather he just play D and spot up.

Trade Crawford + some asset Doc will dump eventually for another big man.

Spurs m8
07-17-2015, 01:36 AM
LOL Docs not gonna trade in someone to put in front of Austin.
We know thats what the team needs, but nepotism doesn't work like that tbh

I'm still finding it hilarious all these Clipps fans defending Austin.
I know he had those two good games, but I can't work out if they're really stupid or just being extremely optimistic tbh

sportjames23
07-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Clips bout to run the table. :bowdown:

coin24
07-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Could t he have gotten way more elsewhere? Wtf?:confusedshrug:

Al Thornton
07-17-2015, 01:54 AM
LOL Docs not gonna trade in someone to put in front of Austin.
We know thats what the team needs, but nepotism doesn't work like that tbh

I'm still finding it hilarious all these Clipps fans defending Austin.
I know he had those two good games, but I can't work out if they're really stupid or just being extremely optimistic tbh

3-4 good games out of 2 series is promising when the player is 23 and in a good situation to get better.

but why did i respond to the creep australia who is somehow a spurs fan???????? that's the question here

Rocketswin2013
07-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Figured he was British

Spurs m8
07-17-2015, 01:58 AM
3-4 good games out of 2 series is promising when the player is 23 and in a good situation to get better.

but why did i respond to the creep australia who is somehow a spurs fan???????? that's the question here

You live in a very small world, dont you?

oh the horror
07-17-2015, 02:39 AM
Austin Rivers is garbage guys, let's not be crazy.

But outside of that this Clips squad is clearly the best they've ever had. They're going to be right up there this year.

tomtucker
07-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Josh Smith had a private locker room meeting with Austin Rivers before signing, after the signing was announced the Clippers also told the press that Austin Rivers will be sitting out pre-season due to "lower back issues". Sobbing was reportedly heard coming from the locker room as the press conference wrapped up.

you mean josh fukked austin in the ass ? or am i misinterpreting his story ?:confusedshrug:

gay is the new straight, they even hand out awards and shit, so excuse me for being confused in this day and age :confusedshrug:

sfballa13
07-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Austin Rivers is garbage guys, let's not be crazy.

But outside of that this Clips squad is clearly the best they've ever had. They're going to be right up there this year.

Same team as last year except:

Replaced Barnes with Paul Pierce

Replaced Hawes with Aldrich

Added Josh Smith

Added Lance Stephenson

West-Side
07-17-2015, 10:00 AM
West is ****ing stacked. 4 best teams in the NBA.

Cleveland is a top 3 team, easily.

West-Side
07-17-2015, 10:04 AM

Kings stay losing. :oldlol:

The Rock's message to Sacramento (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8u1ErQTO0)