PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Take the 8th Spot in the West?

eliteballer
07-09-2015, 11:15 PM
With Portland and Dallas imploding, barring significant injuries the top 7 should shake out in some order as:

Warriors
Spurs
Rockets
Clippers
Thunder
Grizzlies
Pelicans

So who's 7th? I think Utah has a good chance to sneak in.

TheMarkMadsen
07-09-2015, 11:16 PM
if the thunder can't get HCA KD is gone..

anyways i'm thinking possibly phoenix

bluechox2
07-09-2015, 11:21 PM
suns or kings

COnDEMnED
07-09-2015, 11:26 PM
In order of probability: Phoenix, Utah, Sacramento, Lakers. If OKC is healthy, they're probably a top 3 seed.

Demitri98
07-09-2015, 11:29 PM
In order:

Kings
Lakers
Timberwolves
Suns
Jazz

Portland is gonna be a lottery team unless Lillard has an MVP year, which could happen.

kNicKz
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I think that the Lakers will have a chance at it

Xiao Yao You
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Thunder won't make it if Durant's foot problems don't go away. I see the Jazz in the playoffs after their finish last year. Burks, Neto and Lyles make them better.

SwishSquared
07-09-2015, 11:33 PM
I see Utah making the playoffs if healthy. I see Phoenix as the 9th best team. Sacramento and Denver (depending if they blow it up) will be in the mix, though I think they will be the 10th/11th seeds.

FreezingTsmoove
07-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Pelicans are not a lock at all. AD is injured every season

eliteballer
07-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Not really sold on Phoenix. Don't think Chandler and Bledsoe are good enough to carry a bunch of average joes to the playoffs.

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Utah Jazz.

Really nice front court and could have a decent backcourt this year too.

fiddy
07-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Jazz>>>Minny=Lakers (equal chance imo). Suns will hopefully screw up somehow. Anyone saying Kings is :hammerhead:

Cowboy Thunder
07-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Thunder won't make it if Durant's foot problems don't go away. I see the Jazz in the playoffs after their finish last year. Burks, Neto and Lyles make them better.

We would have beat the Warriors if Ibaka had been healthy :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
07-10-2015, 12:17 AM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Thunder
6. Rockets
7. Lakers
8. Kings
9. Pelicans
10. Suns

Xiao Yao You
07-10-2015, 12:32 AM
We would have beat the Warriors if Ibaka had been healthy :confusedshrug:

Wouldn't had even made the playoffs if the Jazz hadn't started out the year tanking though.

Fudge
07-10-2015, 12:35 AM
In order:

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzlies
Warriors
Pelicans
Jazz

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Phoenix or Utah sound like the obvious choice if you consider all of the other 7 in OP's list as locks.

But, I dunno...something in my bones...just making me think the Clippers (yes, even after getting DJ back) and even Grizzlies may fall a bit this season too.

Clippers are arguably worse (yes, even after getting DJ back) and this off-season soap opera may play w/ their minds throughout the season. The Grizzlies? I have no reason to doubt them. I'm just feeling a sophomore slump from Joerger, ala Clifford w/ Charlotte. But yes, I'm well aware Memphis is much better than Charlotte. I'm also aware Memphis is in the West and while Portland and Dallas have taken a dump, Utah, Phoenix, and Sac, should all be better, while NOLA and OKC may surpass Memphis as well.

So far I have it as:

locks for a playoff spot:
San Antonio
GSW
Houston
OKC (who else is gonna win that division?)

strong contenders for a playoff spot:
Memphis
LAC
NOLA

one will get in, possibly both...?:
Phoenix
Utah

long shot, but hey, may as well:
Sacramento

Prime_Shaq
07-10-2015, 02:29 AM
1. Spurs
2. Warriors
3. OKC
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies
7. Pelicans
8. Jazz

Leroy Jetson
07-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Jazz

AussieBaller99
07-10-2015, 06:23 AM
I think it will be Jazz that make it! If they can stay healthy and there young players continue to develop i can easily see them making it!
Exum played really well the other day, hopefully he gain some confidence from the summer league so maybe he stops being so passive in game.

(On a side note, how many posts do you need to start threads? just wondering)

R.I.P.
07-10-2015, 06:56 AM
Wouldn't had even made the playoffs if the Jazz hadn't started out the year tanking though.

They didn

Bandito
07-10-2015, 07:05 AM
Jazz>>>Minny=Lakers (equal chance imo). Suns will hopefully screw up somehow. Anyone saying Kings is :hammerhead:
Lakers are Timberwolves bad. Man did I overrated my team that much.

Xiao Yao You
07-10-2015, 07:05 AM
[quote=R.I.P.]They didn

SwishSquared
07-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Playing without an NBA caliber PG is tanking. They did that the past two years, maybe 3 depending on what happens this year. They had two choices once Gobert took over, bench him or keep winning.I don't think you were tanking really- more trying to develop young talent. Semantics, but this team looks poised to jump into the playoffs.

Once the defense jumped historically by playing Gobert more/trading Kanter, you guys looked like a playoff squad.

Anyway, didn't the Jazz sign Neto to a 3-year deal for cheap like you've lobbied for? You gotta give him mins if you're bringing him over. Be interesting to see how he responds to the NBA.

GIF REACTION
07-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Sacramento Kings.

Wait til we sign Josh Smith and another shooter or two.

Miles and Miles
07-10-2015, 11:27 AM
I still think somehow Dallas and Portland make it in. I don't know how but for some reason that's what I am thinking. If not then Phoenix. Kings have some players now I guess but they have too far to go this year to make it. A lot of issues still to work out and literally no bench.

ShackEelOKneel
07-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Sacramento Kings.

Wait til we sign Josh Smith and another shooter or two.

Don't worry, Josh Smith will shoot for you guys.

Miles and Miles
07-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Don't worry, Josh Smith will shoot for you guys.

:no: Funny. If they get him should be a circus and interesting to watch. I got my season tickets and will be in the old barn for one more year.

brownmamba00
07-10-2015, 11:49 AM
7th and 8th spot could go to any of LA, Pels, Dallas and Jazz...Minny and Phoenix will be up there aswell, it's gonna be crazy in the west next year.

OKC's last chance for a ch'sip before KD bolts and we got TD and Kobe going for #6 for the last time.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I think the Jazz will put it together.

Xiao Yao You
07-10-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think you were tanking really- more trying to develop young talent. Semantics, but this team looks poised to jump into the playoffs.

Once the defense jumped historically by playing Gobert more/trading Kanter, you guys looked like a playoff squad.

Anyway, didn't the Jazz sign Neto to a 3-year deal for cheap like you've lobbied for? You gotta give him mins if you're bringing him over. Be interesting to see how he responds to the NBA.

It's tanking. They have a D-league team to develop talent that they've hardly used. Playing guys that aren't of NBA caliber is tanking. Time for a minor league system. It's ridiculous really.

Yeah Neto is probably their best pg now. :roll:

T_L_P
07-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Utah

Choke94
07-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Now that we at last signed Raoul Neto, I believe that the Jazz have very good chances for the 8th seed!!
It will be a close thing though, the Suns also have a good team and a very good coach.