PDA

View Full Version : Did the east just get weaker?

BigNBAfan
07-08-2015, 03:03 PM
:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
07-08-2015, 03:07 PM
What happened ?

BigNBAfan
07-08-2015, 03:10 PM
What happened ?

im talking with these trades so far, teams on the west are just loading up on the quality role players of the east.

UK2K
07-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Everyone in the East minus the Cavs is intentionally trying to lose.

Some are better at it than others.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-08-2015, 03:14 PM
East = Cavs. Lets be real: They stay moderately healthy (ie LeBron doesn't get hurt) they're in the finals again.

Mirror
07-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Well, the West elite got stronger, but the West middle grounds got weaker.

And1AllDay
07-08-2015, 03:24 PM
So just like last year, 2 or 3 contenders in the West lol

Warriors
Spurs
Now we can add Thunder if KD comes back strong

What has changed? Only thing that really changed is their competition got weaker...

Clippers losing Jordan
Trailblazers losing LMA

East is still the same, more or less:

Cavs and Bulls

Legends66NBA7
07-08-2015, 03:28 PM
East is still the same, more or less:

Cavs and Bulls

Bulls are as much a contender as the Hawks and Wizards. They haven't beaten anybody to tell me they are on Cleveland's level.

Levity
07-08-2015, 03:29 PM
It's pretty crazy that the East dont have any dominant big men. It's truly turning into a small ball conference.

jayfan
07-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Bucks #2 in east.

MellowYellow
07-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't know what you're talkin bout

Ellis went east
Lopez went east

williams went west
bass went west

not much changed really

Milbuck
07-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Everyone in the East minus the Cavs is intentionally trying to lose.

Some are better at it than others.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

nzahir
07-08-2015, 03:44 PM
It will be better than last year.
Contenders: Cavs, Mia, Bulls
Non contenders but still will be doing something in playoffs: Hawks(not real contenders to me and they lost carrol so lets see), Wizards, raptors but idk what is happening with them, pacers, and maybe the bucks.

UK2K
07-08-2015, 03:52 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

My bad. The Bucks are legitimately getting better.

J Shuttlesworth
07-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Bucks actually could be a top 5 seed in the east next year. They gave the Bulls a decent run for their money in the playoffs, and Jabari wasn't even playing.

Milbuck
07-08-2015, 03:58 PM
My bad. The Bucks are legitimately getting better.
All good. It's not just us though, honestly aside from the Sixers I don't think any team in the East is actually trying to lose. Orlando, Detroit, NY, every lottery team and obviously playoff team is going for Ws this year. Philly is the only dogshit team trying to stay that way imo.

Legends66NBA7
07-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Bucks actually could be a top 5 seed in the east this year. They gave the Bulls a decent run for their money in the playoffs, and Jabari wasn't even playing.

The Bucks are getting this 2014 Hornets off season vibe from me. The Hornets were pprojected to not just make the playoffs but to be around a Top 5 team too. Now I'm not saying the Bucks will be bad, lot of that depends on their health.

As for the Bulls series, I don't think it was ever in question once they went up 3-0. The Bulls lost 2 close games where I thought the Bulls could have won if they didn't make mistakes down the stretch. Game 6 was one of the worst beat downs ever. Saying all that, maybe the Bucks can reach the Bulls level this upcoming season ? Everyone is behind Cleveland at the moment, who are the only true contender.

oarabbus
07-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Well, the West elite got stronger, but the West middle grounds got weaker.

Lakers, Suns, Kings, etc all got stronger

UK2K
07-08-2015, 04:14 PM
All good. It's not just us though, honestly aside from the Sixers I don't think any team in the East is actually trying to lose. Orlando, Detroit, NY, every lottery team and obviously playoff team is going for Ws this year. Philly is the only dogshit team trying to stay that way imo.

On the flip side, I also think 13 teams in the East know they have zero chance of making an ECF so probably arent going to try all that hard.

Everyone wants to win, thats good for profits.

I think around the trade deadline, you'll see EC teams start unloading vets.

Fire Colangelo
07-08-2015, 04:15 PM
The Bucks are getting this 2014 Hornets off season vibe from me. The Hornets were pprojected to not just make the playoffs but to be around a Top 5 team too. Now I'm not saying the Bucks will be bad, lot of that depends on their health.

As for the Bulls series, I don't think it was ever in question once they went up 3-0. The Bulls lost 2 close games where I thought the Bulls could have won if they didn't make mistakes down the stretch. Game 6 was one of the worst beat downs ever. Saying all that, maybe the Bucks can reach the Bulls level this upcoming season ? Everyone is behind Cleveland at the moment, who are the only true contender.

I don't see the 14-15 Hornets comparison because nobody on the Bucks is a blackhole offensively like Al Jefferson. They play great team basketball and they can only improve IMO.

Giannis is only 20 years old, and he's due for a break out season. With Parker coming back, they could be very dangerous. It was the first time they were in the playoffs last year, and they took the Bulls to 6 games. I thought it was pretty impressive lol

Cleverness
07-08-2015, 04:17 PM
It's pretty crazy that the East dont have any dominant big men. It's truly turning into a small ball conference.

Outside of the Cavs, they don't have any dominant non-bigs either. Cavs+Hawks = eastern conference all star team

UK2K
07-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I don't see the 14-15 Hornets comparison because nobody on the Bucks is a blackhole offensively like Al Jefferson. They play great team basketball and they can only improve IMO.

Giannis is only 20 years old, and he's due for a break out season. With Parker coming back, they could be very dangerous. It was the first time they were in the playoffs last year, and they took the Bulls to 6 games. I thought it was pretty impressive lol

For real though, they won't be in Milwaukee next (16-17) season.

West-Side
07-08-2015, 04:35 PM
After 2016 season; LeBron will still only have beaten 7 50+ win teams in the playoffs.

Jailblazers7
07-08-2015, 04:39 PM
I think a lot of Eastern conference teams are trending upwards. :confusedshrug:

Heat will be better
Bucks will be better for years
Wizards should be better with Beal and Porter healthy/better
Hawks/Bulls stay basically the same
Celtics probably better and very young
Sixers hopefully better lol

Meanwhile the West just got more top heavy.