White player = must compare him to other white player

Cocaine80s
07-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Lol Marvin is twice the athlete though

duskovujosevic
07-07-2015, 06:20 AM
hayward highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOTfezYb6bg

it's like i'm watching hezonja. pretty close.

outbreak
07-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Too early to make comparisons but mario is more athletic and longer and in his short career I'd say hayward has better handles and play making

QuebecBaller
07-07-2015, 07:33 AM
White player = must compare him to other white player

And when did we compared a black player to a white player?

chocolatethunder
07-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Hezonja can't dribble. He is an awful ball handler.

Choke94
07-07-2015, 07:53 AM
G-Hayward is an elite defender and a decent all-around player, with good passing skills
Mario wasn't very focused on D when he was in Barca and he didn't have serious passing skills. Also his dribble needs a lot of improvement.
I believe that right now their differences are bigger than their similarities.

outbreak
07-07-2015, 08:09 AM
He's looked better than I expected in summer league, has made some decent passes and had some court vision too. Need a bigger sample size though because as you said from the footage I've seen in europe handling and play making for others were his biggest weaknesses. On this Orlando roster I don't see that as the end of the world though we have quite a few guys who are solid at making passes just so long as he doesn't become a blackhole and take every shot he gets he should fit in.

fandarko
07-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Too early to make comparisons but mario is more athletic and longer and in his short career I'd say hayward has better handles and play making

This

Take Your Lumps
07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
More like a Peja/Klay hybrid with a sprinkle of Mamba psychosis. I like it.

Euroleague
07-07-2015, 04:38 PM
He's looked better than I expected in summer league, has made some decent passes and had some court vision too. Need a bigger sample size though because as you said from the footage I've seen in europe handling and play making for others were his biggest weaknesses. On this Orlando roster I don't see that as the end of the world though we have quite a few guys who are solid at making passes just so long as he doesn't become a blackhole and take every shot he gets he should fit in.

Did you just say that you are basing a guy's play or ability on summer league?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/k3AWOaUBVSDh6/200.gif

Dr Seuss
07-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Did you just say that you are basing a guy's play or ability on summer league?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/k3AWOaUBVSDh6/200.gif

is that any different than basing a guys play or ability off Euroleague?:confusedshrug:

duskovujosevic
07-07-2015, 04:50 PM
hezonja's ballhandling isn't polished, which can be problematic in shot creation.

he can become scorer like hayward, but it is true that he cant become an elite defenfer

Rooster
07-07-2015, 04:55 PM

His ceiling is a role player like Space Cadet.:oldlol:

PP34Deuce
07-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Mario is going to be a guy that can create his shot one on one easier. he's quicker, faster and better shooter. It's a bad comparison.

Mario reminds me of a Wesley matthews type player. Potentially can be a good defender and is going to be a very good 3 point shooter.

Lebron23
07-07-2015, 04:58 PM
His ceiling is a role player like Space Cadet.:oldlol:

I remember Vujacic also had some impressive games in his first NBA Summer League. Mario looks like a baller BTW. I can see him averaging 16-18 ppg in his best statistical season.

Rooster
07-07-2015, 05:07 PM
I remember Vujacic also had some impressive games in his first NBA Summer League. Mario looks like a baller BTW. I can see him averaging 16-18 ppg in his best statistical season.

I am talking about Radmanovic. But yeah Vujavic was suppose to be that Euro big guard than can handle playing point guard then the real NBA players press and he could barely dribble halfway. Unlike Sasha though, Super Mario is very athletic though.

Euroleague
07-07-2015, 05:10 PM
I am talking about Radmanovic. But yeah Vujavic was suppose to be that Euro big guard than can handle playing point guard then the real NBA players press and he could barely dribble halfway. Unlike Sasha though, Super Mario is very athletic though.

Vujacic never played point guard in Europe you stupid POS.

outbreak
07-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Vujacic never played point guard in Europe you stupid POS.

Nowhere in his post did he say he did you stupid POS.

Clyde
07-07-2015, 05:31 PM
is that any different than basing a guys play or ability off Euroleague?:confusedshrug:

:applause: :roll:

Rooster
07-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Even a Euroleague MVP like Joseph Blair tried the Summer League route trying to make it to the NBA twice and failed. Euroleague Shaq Big Sofo also failed to make an impression on the Clipper Summer League and never made it.:oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2015, 05:48 PM
G-Hayward is an elite defender and a decent all-around player, with good passing skills
Mario wasn't very focused on D when he was in Barca and he didn't have serious passing skills. Also his dribble needs a lot of improvement.
I believe that right now their differences are bigger than their similarities.

Hayward is a good defender not elite. Mario is supposed to be a great shooter no? Hayward is streaky at best.

Choke94
07-08-2015, 05:12 PM
It is true that Mario had a pretty good 3pt percentage this year, 0.38 in ACB and 0,40 in Euroleauge; but in critical games like against Olympiakos in the Euroleague quarterfinals he performed poorly, 1/7 3pts and 10pts total in 3 games.
Against Real in the ACB finals he had one great game, and then Real's defence took extra care of him and he vanished.
Therefore I believe that at his rookie year he is not going to be a consistent presence offensively and a non-factor defensively.

Suguru101
07-08-2015, 05:24 PM

Got Damn.

Jameerthefear
07-08-2015, 06:34 PM
he's a better shooter than hayward ever was, and more athletic