PDA

View Full Version : Lakers looking at Hibbert?

SourGrapes
07-04-2015, 05:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13199245/los-angeles-lakers-indiana-pacers-talking-roy-hibbert-trade

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Of course we are. :facepalm

QuebecBaller
07-04-2015, 05:20 PM
They're looking at every players

SourGrapes
Of course we are. :facepalm

He's on the last year of his contract my dude. Not that bad at all

HylianNightmare
Hopefully he stay in Indiana

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 05:22 PM
that actually wouldn't be bad

no risk, he comes off the books next year and he has shown to be an elite rim protector in the past

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 05:23 PM
He's on the last year of his contract my dude. Not that bad at all

I'm actually okay with the trade, since we need a center and like you said, he's on the last year of his contract. I also think we'd be able to move him in the future, since there are teams out there who need a center. I just think it's funny that our big summer move might be bringing Roy Hibbert on-board. :lol

LAZERUSS
07-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Oh geez...

If LA needs a player that will repeatedly put up ZERO points in his biggest games, than by all means, he is your man.

Vancouver-Grizz
only thing good is that he is on a expiring contract that can be traded on later part of the year to add another piece.

Basketball wise this is terrible especially when you have a speedy PG coming in.

fiddy
This is embarrassing, kobe gonna chew that lazy mfer

StephHamann
07-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Do they want to improve from 20 wins to 25 wins so they don't get that draft pick?

Lakers Angelos Losers :applause:

konex
07-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Jared ZwerlingVerified account
‏@JaredZwerling
Hearing the Lakers-Pacers deal is done involving Roy Hibbert. Just a matter of the assets involved now.

Not a total disaster of a FA period if we can get a pick or role player along with him

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Let's be real Hibbert is done.

Only reason The Lakers do this is if they can get a 1st round pick from the Pacers back. This is similar to the Jeremy Lin trade from last season where the Rockets basically dumped Lin and his expiring 15 mill contract along with a 1st round pick to the Lakers.

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Not a total disaster of a FA period if we can get a pick or role player along with him

CJ Miles and their pick this year would be nice

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 05:39 PM
I don't get why they would try at all...they need to be trying to win literally 5 games and maybe absorb a couple bad contracts in order to get a couple 2nd round future picks or something.

If they try and end up with like the 7th pick...it's a ****ing disaster.

At least give yourself a chance at Ben Simmons and keeping your pick.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Damn, free PG. Get him off that scrub team.

konex
07-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Let's be real Hibbert is done.

Only reason The Lakers do this is if they can get a 1st round pick from the Pacers back. This is similar to the Jeremy Lin trade from last season where the Rockets basically dumped Lin and his expiring 15 mill contract along with a 1st round pick to the Lakers.

Not defensively he's not. We don't need him to anchor the offense. Just rebound, protect the rim and get putbacks

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Not defensively he's not. We don't need him to anchor the offense. Just rebound, protect the rim and get putbacks

Hibbert would get destroyed in PnR. Especially in the West night after night. People thought Jahil Okafor's lateral quickness was bad. Wait until you see Hibbert's :oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Am I missing something?

Why would the Lakers, at this point, be trying to win games?

They very clearly aren't making the playoffs unless something crazy happens...so what is the point?

If they hard tank...they at least have a decent shot at keeping their pick.

With a guy like Simmons out there...and the fact that they can't make the playoffs...and the fact that they lose the pick outside of the top 3....

I don't get the reasoning of trying to add pieces to win games.

Just suck...win like 10 games...hope you don't get unlucky.

KOBEtherealKing
07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Hibbert sucks ass stay away :no:

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Am I missing something?

They very clearly aren't making the playoffs unless something crazy happens...so what is the point?

With a guy like Simmons out there...and the fact that they can't make the playoffs...and the fact that they lose the pick outside of the top 3....

The Lakers don't purposely tank like some other teams. It's not their culture. They always try to put forth a winning roster each season. And even hardcore tanking does not guarantee a top 3 pick. Look what happened to the Sixers last year. They had the worst record in the league and got the 4th pick.

Rather at least try and put a competitive team out there for Kobe's supposed final season.

Also you act like current Hibbert is a difference maker. He's just another big body.

Carbine
07-04-2015, 05:53 PM
You have to question the Lakers here.

Strikin out on all the great free agents should have signified to them it's time to tank. Ben Simmons is gonna be a legit consensus number 1 pick.

Option 1: Try for a playoff seed, have no chance at title....lose first round pick.

Option 2: Tank. Have 25 percent chance to solidify the best young nucleous in NBA, worst case have a top 3 pick (worst team can't pick below 3, so Lakers keep pick) and have gigantic amounts of money to spend in the next few years.

konex
07-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Am I missing something?

Our pick next year is only top 3 protected (Philly) and it's almost impossible that we could be as bad as last year when we only had the 4th worst record. Why not try to develop a winning culture and avoid sending Kobe off in shame?

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Am I missing something?

yes you are..

you don't begin the new era with the new core (Russ/Randle/JC) by actively trying to lose,, it's stupid, sends the wrong message and does nothing to help these players develop winning mentalities

playing the lottery is extremely risky and nobody in LA wants to sit through 3 straight seasons of trying to lose without actually making an effort to get better in the off season.

The best bet now is to get the best available players we can who are on short term expiring deals and see what sticks. We have an exciting young core that has some serious potential

we should be trying to model our rebuilding plan after the Bucks and not the 76ers.. we need to build the best team possible around our young players, stay competitive every game, grow from within and hope that some potential FA like what they see in our philosophy/ young prospects and decides to be the piece that takes us to the next step..

IllegalD
07-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah. Ease up Dirk Stanley. Only in your wildest wettest dreams would the Lakers deliberately tank.

Roy Hibbert is a 28 year old 2x Allstar, elite 7-foot rim protector.

His stats aren't eye-popping but it's about his impact as a defensive anchor.

A pedestrian Pacers team almost made the playoffs without Paul George and Lance Stephenson last year just off of Hibbert's defensive anchor presence alone, fer chrissakes.

If the young guys (Randle, Clarkson, Druss) show out and Kobe can stay healthy they actually have a shot of making the playoffs. Even if they dont, they can win about 40+ games and start to establish a winning culture that looks like a good destination for a free agent to be the last piece as opposed to the startup piece.

You trade for Hibbert you also get his Bird Rights, and while he might not have the upside of your other pieces he can still be your defensive anchor for the next 5+ years while the young guys come into their own. And until someone like Robert Upshaw can take over the reigns.

SourGrapes
07-04-2015, 06:02 PM
yes you are..

you don't begin the new era with the new core (Russ/Randle/JC) by actively trying to lose,, it's stupid, sends the wrong message and does nothing to help these players develop winning mentalities

playing the lottery is extremely risky and nobody in LA wants to sit through 3 straight seasons of trying to lose without actually making an effort to get better in the off season.

The best bet now is to get the best available players we can who are on short term expiring deals and see what sticks. We have an exciting young core that has some serious potential

we should be trying to model our rebuilding plan after the Bucks and not the 76ers.. we need to build the best team possible around our young players, stay competitive every game, grow from within and hope that some potential FA like what they see in our philosophy/ young prospects and decides to be the piece that takes us to the next step..

As much as I want ben Simmons, this is right

:cheers:

Droid101
07-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Hibbert is still the best paint defender in the league wtf. He's not great on offense but that describes a bunch of guys getting paid this offseason (Jordan, Chandler, etc).

Expiring contract too? Who cares?

NugzFan
07-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Strikin out on all the great free agents should have signified to them it's time to tank. Ben Simmons is gonna be a legit consensus number 1 pick.

Option 1: Try for a playoff seed, have no chance at title....lose first round pick.

Option 2: Tank. Have 25 percent chance to solidify the best young nucleous in NBA, worst case have a top 3 pick (worst team can't pick below 3, so Lakers keep pick) and have gigantic amounts of money to spend in the next few years.

Nope. Wrong.

konex
07-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 1m1 minute ago
As Pacers-Lakers figure out details of Roy Hibbert trade, it looks like Pacers will get cash and future pick in return. Sorting it out now..

I feel Lakers should be the ones getting picks lol

Optimus Prime
07-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Roy Hibbert? I guess the tank is on again. Poor Kobe. :(

It won't be too bad since we can trade for him straight-up because we are under the cap, and he's an expiring contract anyway. If we can get some kind of pick from the Pacers in order for them to unload salary, then it's not a horrible idea, maybe?

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

That is pretty bad, but is it bottom 3 bad? It's better than half the teams in The Least, anyway.

:kobe:

Droid101
07-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Anyway, Lakers cannot tank. With Russell and Randle playing, they're going to be better than last season pretty much no matter what. Might as well try to win as many as possible to stick it to the Sixers.

Fallen Angel
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
This offseason is so hilarious

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
yes you are..

i think people confuse what tanking really is.

it's not "in game" actively trying to lose.

It's building a team you don't think is going to win a lot of games.

If the Lakers end up winning games...that is fine. But this shit about adding Hibbert and David Lee....ugh, don't like that at all.

But I feel like this is a common misconception about tanking...the form of tanking you are talking about takes place at the very end of the year when certain teams just have to lose a couple games.

I'm talking about team building...not in game trying to lose.

You throw Kobe and all those young guys out there....and at least you give yourself a chance of just being a terrible team.

You put Hibbert and or Lee...and some vets....you'll still be really bad likely...but you won't have a prayer at your pick.

Don't like it...would be a big mistake. Winning 35 games rather than 20 games just isn't going to matter in the long run for you

StephHamann
07-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Anyway, Lakers cannot tank. With Russell and Randle playing, they're going to be better than last season pretty much no matter what. Might as well try to win as many as possible to stick it to the Sixers.

Rookies dont win you games, look at Minny last year.

tanks1
07-04-2015, 06:08 PM
The Lakers don't purposely tank like some other teams. It's not their culture. They always try to put forth a winning roster each season. And even hardcore tanking does not guarantee a top 3 pick. Look what happened to the Sixers last year. They had the worst record in the league and got the 4th pick.

Rather at least try and put a competitive team out there for Kobe's supposed final season.

Also you act like current Hibbert is a difference maker. He's just another big body.

Sixers had third worst record...drafted #3.......btw, that pick is looking good

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Sixers had third worst record...drafted #3.......btw, that pick is looking good

Oh right. I meant the Knicks had the 2nd worst record and drafted #4 :lol

brownmamba00
07-04-2015, 06:13 PM
The Buss family should sell the team they don't know wtf they're doin rip dr jerry

konex
07-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Lakers get an Allstar Center in FA period :cheers:

:cry:

Smoke117
07-04-2015, 06:24 PM
that actually wouldn't be bad

no risk, he comes off the books next year and he has shown to be an elite rim protector in the past

He has never been an elite rim protector or had close to an elite impact defensively. He's good, but elite?...the Pacers defense has been good from the team collectively.

KungFuJoe
07-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Decent pick up. He is leaps and bounds better than any big man we had last year on the defensive end. He has offensive talent...just has no drive to score the ball. Wonder if the lack of scoring on this team will make him try to score more.

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 06:28 PM

Exactly. Ni99as don't realize we had a Boozer-Hill starting frontcourt last year. Our backcourt was Price/Lin and Kobe with Wes at SF. Just off principle alone we're better.

Russell > Lin and Price

Clarkson > Wes

Randle > Boozer

Hibbert > Hill

Kobe will be Kobe and he'll definitely have more help offensively, he'll just have to slide to the three. If old Paul Pierce can do it so can he.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Decent pick up. He has offensive talent...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
07-04-2015, 06:30 PM
congratulations are in order:applause:

:yaohappy:

SaltyMeatballs
07-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Trash gets thrown in garbage trucks

Foster5k
07-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Not too long ago, people were comparing Hibbert to a garbage can.

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 06:33 PM
We need to go hard after KJ Mcdaniels now.

outbreak
07-04-2015, 06:34 PM
woj says being finalised. Does L.A have a garbage problem?

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 28s29 seconds ago

Yahoo Sources: Pacers finalizing terms on a trade to send center Roy Hibbert to the Lakers. Hibbert's been informed he's headed to Lakers.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Lakers better not have given up any draft pick or Nick Young for Hibbert. It better be Pacers giving up a 1st to go with Hibbert and getting nothing back.

dazzer87
07-04-2015, 06:39 PM
:roll:

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Lakers better not have given up any draft pick or Nick Young for Hibbert. It better be Pacers giving up a 1st to go with Hibbert and getting nothing back.

It's some nobody Euro 2nd rounder lol

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 32s33 seconds ago

Lakers take Hibbert's $15.5M salary into space, likely send combo of 2nd round pick(s) and overseas players rights. @JeffZillgitt first.

Fallen Angel
07-04-2015, 06:43 PM
I don't see where people are coming off believe Roy Hibbert is gonna have some career year in Los Angeles. Roy Hibbert is 28 going onto 29 with seven years of NBA experience.

Would you believe that Roy Hibbert (who attended a highly regarded college for centers in Georgetown University) has never averaged more than 13 points per game.

Would you believe that Roy Hibbert (at 7'2", 270 lbs.) has never averaged 9 rebounds per game.

We know who he is, he plays extremely small for his height and to think that a guy like Kobe Bryant would open his arms to a 7'2" teddy bear like that would be so stupid.

This offseason has been an embarrasment for the city of Los Angeles.

Foster5k
07-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Mitch Kupchak: "We weren't able to get Aldridge. However, we have a back up plan."

Jeanie Buss: "And what's that?"

Mitch Kupchak: "Roy Hibbert."

Jeanie Buss: "You're fired."

CelticBaller
07-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Lakers fans hold this
http://images.christianpost.com/full/56550/los-angeles-lakers-logo.png

oh the horror
07-04-2015, 06:49 PM
I don't see where people are coming off believe Roy Hibbert is gonna have some career year in Los Angeles. Roy Hibbert is 28 going onto 29 with seven years of NBA experience.

Would you believe that Roy Hibbert (who attended a highly regarded college for centers in Georgetown University) has never averaged more than 13 points per game.

Would you believe that Roy Hibbert (at 7'2", 270 lbs.) has never averaged 9 rebounds per game.

We know who he is, he plays extremely small for his height and to think that a guy like Kobe Bryant would open his arms to a 7'2" teddy bear like that would be so stupid.

I don't think anyone believes Roy is going to have some career year. He's a big body to throw out there that doesn't hinder their plans to have cap space going into next season that is better than Robert fu*king Sacre. That's all it is

Batz
07-04-2015, 06:49 PM
:lol :facepalm :( :cry: :ohwell:

LAZERUSS
07-04-2015, 06:52 PM
As bad as last year was, I think LA is about to hit rock-bottom this year.

They should move the entire team to Europe, where they likely would go undefeated.

brownmamba00
07-04-2015, 06:52 PM

I agree but it is what it is, we need a good 3&D guy wonder if Ariza is still on the market I'd love to have him back and later on we can fill out the roster with jason smith, mcdaniels, vet back up point and shooters.

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 06:56 PM

Francisco X. Rivera ‏@FX_Rivera 24m24 minutes ago

Roy Hibbert is 3rd among active players in blocks per game (1.9), behind Ibaka (2.6) & Howard (2.1). #Lakers ranked 22nd in bpg last season

That's why. We need a rim protector , it's that simple.

If we were looking for a scoring/rebounding big we would've just picked Okafor with the number 2 pick.

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Not true. To pick top 3 a team has to win the lottery. Worst record guarantees the 4th pick or better.

Option 1 all day. Put a team together that doesn't restrict the long term plans of the organization. Let the chips fall where they may with that pick owed to Philly. If it ends up being top 10...The bill is paid in full for Steve Nash and the Lakers can finally move forward. :cheers:

Fallen Angel
07-04-2015, 06:59 PM
I agree but it is what it is, we need a good 3&D guy wonder if Ariza is still on the market I'd love to have him back and later on we can fill out the roster with jason smith, mcdaniels, vet back up point and shooters.
1. No Ariza is not on the market for whatever the Lakers have to offer unless it's D'Angelo Russell.

2. K.J. McDaniels would be smart to go a team that would rise his stock, prove that he could be a contributor to a winning team. I don't think Los Angeles fits that mold.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Not true. To pick top 3 a team has to win the lottery. Worst record guarantees the 4th pick or better.

Option 1 all day. Put a team together that doesn't restrict the long term plans of the organization. Let the chips fall where they may with that pick owed to Philly. If it ends up being top 10...The bill is paid in full for Steve Nash and the Lakers can finally move forward. :cheers:

You people are acting like there is real upside here. There isn't.

The chance at keeping the pick easily trumps whatever upside there is to getting Hibbert and adding other pieces.

Gonna suck no matter what unless something crazy happens....

If the Lakers have the worst record...they have roughly a 64% chance iirc to pick in the top 3.

If they had the 2nd worst record...they'd have over a 50% chance to pick in the top 3.

Again...not worth it? Worth what? Not worth playing all your rookies and just seeing what happens?

If they win...they win...but adding a guy like Hibbert who won't play a role in the future of the team...what is the upside?

Not worth it? Worth what?

wakencdukest
07-04-2015, 07:01 PM
It's not that big of a deal, he's an expiring contract. As long as the Lakers don't give up anything of value, it can't hurt. It's not like the Lakers were going to get that Pick anyway.

Fallen Angel
07-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Francisco X. Rivera ‏@FX_Rivera 24m24 minutes ago

Roy Hibbert is 3rd among active players in blocks per game (1.9), behind Ibaka (2.6) & Howard (2.1). #Lakers ranked 22nd in bpg last season

That's why. We need a rim protector , it's that simple.

If we were looking for a scoring/rebounding big we would've just picked Okafor with the number 2 pick.
+1.9 BPG? Championship Cruise!!!

I'd be astounded if Roy Hibbert and his weak mentality would make it to the 41st game of the season as a Los Angeles Laker before he gets shipped because Kobe would have had enough of him. Laker fans think Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol were "soft", wait until you feast your eyes on the only All-Star to put up a whopping 0 points and 0 rebounds in a playoff game.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 07:07 PM
It's some nobody Euro 2nd rounder lol

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 32s33 seconds ago

Lakers take Hibbert's $15.5M salary into space, likely send combo of 2nd round pick(s) and overseas players rights. @JeffZillgitt first.

Meh, Pacers should be giving us a 1st rounder to dump Hibbert. He's garbage

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 07:11 PM
It's not that big of a deal, he's an expiring contract. As long as the Lakers don't give up anything of value, it can't hurt. It's not like the Lakers were going to get that Pick anyway.

You simply don't know that.

What if Kobe plays 45 games?

What is the risk of just not taking on vets to help you win and just put out a team of the young players kobe, nick young, and minimum contract type guys?

Roy Hibbert adding some wins this year is somehow transforming this franchise?

Nah...and even if that was a possibility (which it isn't)...the chance to keep the pick and land Ben Simmons absolutely is worth it.

Worth what...I'm still curious to know what that actually means.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 07:20 PM
We need to go hard after KJ Mcdaniels now.

Who is this Mcdaniels kid I keep hearing about? Shouldn't they pursue someone like a Gerald Green at SF? Looking up his stats, it doesn't seem he's all that much better than Wesley Johnson, but Johnson was inconsistent as hell..

wakencdukest
07-04-2015, 07:22 PM
You simply don't know that.

What if Kobe plays 45 games?

What is the risk of just not taking on vets to help you win and just put out a team of the young players kobe, nick young, and minimum contract type guys?

Roy Hibbert adding some wins this year is somehow transforming this franchise?

Nah...and even if that was a possibility (which it isn't)...the chance to keep the pick and land Ben Simmons absolutely is worth it.

Worth what...I'm still curious to know what that actually means.

I would love to keep that pick, but the Lakers would have to finish dead last to guarantee they keep it, that's a pretty tall order.

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 07:27 PM
+1.9 BPG? Championship Cruise!!!

I'd be astounded if Roy Hibbert and his weak mentality would make it to the 41st game of the season as a Los Angeles Laker before he gets shipped because Kobe would have had enough of him. Laker fans think Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol were "soft", wait until you feast your eyes on the only All-Star to put up a whopping 0 points and 0 rebounds in a playoff game.

at this point you're just trolling to troll

our biggest weakness (among many other things) was rim protection

we got better at that today w/o fuccing up next years FA

good move

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I would love to keep that pick, but the Lakers would have to finish dead last to guarantee they keep it, that's a pretty tall order.

There is no guaranteed. Even if they finish dead last I think they only have a 65% chance of picking in the top 3.

Something like that.

I'm not saying it's a lock.

I'm asking what the upside is to giving yourself no chance to do so. And I don't buy that argument that winning 10 more games or something because of Hibbert and some other players on 1 year deals somehow transforms these young kids into winners.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Also, what teams are full on in tank mode this year?

The Knicks will be a playoff team. The Magic will be much better. The Pistons and Hornets will likely be as good or better. The Kings and TWolves will be better.

The 76ers and Lakers (with no moves) look like the two clear cut worst teams in the league on paper. The Nuggets could be really bad if they trade away everyone, but they also aren't any worse than the current Lakers sans adding players.

I think this part of it is really being missed by everyone here. There aren't nearly as many teams that are going to be awful this year.

Having a bottom 2 record would be much easier this year.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 08:00 PM
2. K.J. McDaniels would be smart to go a team that would rise his stock, prove that he could be a contributor to a winning team. I don't think Los Angeles fits that mold.

McDaniels would get more minutes playing for the Lakers than any other team. Think Ed Davis, Earl Clark, Ramon Sessions, Kendall Marshall. They all were given opportunities to play in LA and got paid after having contract years.

coin24
07-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Also, what teams are full on in tank mode this year?

The Knicks will be a playoff team. The Magic will be much better. The Pistons and Hornets will likely be as good or better. The Kings and TWolves will be better.

The 76ers and Lakers (with no moves) look like the two clear cut worst teams in the league on paper. The Nuggets could be really bad if they trade away everyone, but they also aren't any worse than the current Lakers sans adding players.

I think this part of it is really being missed by everyone here. There aren't nearly as many teams that are going to be awful this year.

Having a bottom 2 record would be much easier this year.

Because the lakers aren't a piece of shit organisation. Why waste a another year tanking when it doesn't guarantee anything..
They have a few good young pieces now, it's time to compete, or the current trend of FAs avoiding us will continue..

jimmy77x
07-04-2015, 08:13 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2gu06wz.jpg

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Hibbert's not going to add 10 wins to the Lakers, are you kidding me? We have a horrible team, and our head coach is Byron Scott. It's going to be hilarious watching Hibbert and Kobe lumber up the court while Randle, Russell, and Clarkson try to play up-tempo.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Hibbert's not going to add 10 wins to the Lakers, are you kidding me? We have a horrible team, and our head coach is Byron Scott. It's going to be hilarious watching Hibbert and Kobe lumber up the court while Randle, Russell, and Clarkson try to play up-tempo.

Hibbert will throw KAJ outlet passes dude. He won't have to lumber up the court at all. While Russell, Randle and Clarkson run the break, he'll cherry pick under the basket on the other end for transition defense :rockon:

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Because the lakers aren't a piece of shit organisation. Why waste a another year tanking when it doesn't guarantee anything..
They have a few good young pieces now, it's time to compete, or the current trend of FAs avoiding us will continue..

do you clowns understand what tanking actually is?

the players on the court and coach don't actually try and lose the game...that happens rarely, if ever, and it's always in an end of year situation and even then it's usually just a case of benching certain guys.

when you say it's not a guarantee...you are absolutely correct.

but there is virtually no upside...even a trip to the playoffs and loss in the first round isn't worth it over the chance at Ben Simmons.

do you actually think free agents are going to join the Lakers based on how good Roy Hibbert makes them in a 1 year rental?

If you guys get the 5th pick or something and it goes to the 76ers...it's just comical.

Good luck...

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Hopefully he can teach Robert Upshaw "verticality" and then we can trade him to the Kings for DMC.

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2015, 08:39 PM
It could of been worse, we could of had Sacre starting at center. Hibbert is a good matchup with Randle, and we needed a defensive big as it is. Let's hope this move is a positive unlike Boozer was last season.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 08:40 PM
It could of been worse, we could of had Sacre starting at center. Hibbert is a good matchup with Randle, and we needed a defensive big as it is. Let's hope this move is a positive unlike Boozer was last season.

Let's hope we get a draft pick or actual asset out of this trade, and find someone who needs a center come November.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Let's hope we get a draft pick or actual asset out of this trade, and find someone who needs a center come November.

I was just going to say that.

The only way this is any good is if somehow the Lakers flip Hibbert at some point in the year for something real or include him in a trade for DMC or something.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 08:43 PM

With Hibbert on the team now, think the Lakers may resign Boozer? Or Jordan Hill?

They already have Hibbert, Upshaw, Randle and Black. Boozer actually played well for the Lakers off the bench last season. Him and Black are a nice combo. I see that he could actually play with Hibbert too the same way West did with Hibbert on the Pacers.

Braincells
07-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Hibbert was hibernating in Indiana. He's a 20/10 waiting to happen.

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 08:47 PM
DMAVS do us all a favor in this thread and STFU.

Nobody cares what you may think the lakers should do, you don't have all the answers..

We don't want to sit around and keep taking chances in the lottery, we've done that for 2 years and have 3 great prospects to show for it.. Its time to move on from that stage of rebuilding..

We really don't care what you think, it's been explained to you multiple times why majority of us are happy to see the lakers tryin to be competitive and not settling for being shit..

Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong.. Now please STFU

coin24
07-04-2015, 08:49 PM

the players on the court and coach don't actually try and lose the game...that happens rarely, if ever, and it's always in an end of year situation and even then it's usually just a case of benching certain guys.

but there is virtually no upside...even a trip to the playoffs and loss in the first round isn't worth it over the chance at Ben Simmons.

do you actually think free agents are going to join the Lakers based on how good Roy Hibbert makes them in a 1 year rental?

If you guys get the 5th pick or something and it goes to the 76ers...it's just comical.

Good luck...

I understand fully what tanking is, thanks for the essay..
We just witnessed a full season of it and it was brutal.

It's a great way to piss off the fans. One or two seasons fine, look at Philly though, what a disgrace..

I would definitely rather see them push for 8th seed this season and get some experience for the young guys..

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 08:49 PM

Nobody cares what you may think the lakers should do, you don't have all the answers..

We don't want to sit around and keep taking chances in the lottery, we've done that for 2 years and have 3 great prospects to show for it.. Its time to move on from that stage of rebuilding..

We really don't care what you think, it's been explained to you multiple times why majority of us are happy to see the lakers tryin to be competitive and not settling for being shit..

This. DMAVS gtfo dude just spewing crap to spew crap

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:51 PM

Wow...a little upset nobody wanted to play with your team maybe?

I'm simply looking for real answers as to why this makes sense.

Likely going to suck regardless...

Hibbert isn't a long term fit....

Just seems like a silly move when the most likely outcome now is a top 8 pick going to the 76ers.

No need to freak out about it. I know it's been a rough couple years, but every franchise has to go through stuff like this at some point...even the Lakers.

Just count yourself lucky that you didn't have to go through what Mavs fans did prior to Cuban/Dirk...

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:53 PM
I understand fully what tanking is, thanks for the essay..
We just witnessed a full season of it and it was brutal.

It's a great way to piss off the fans. One or two seasons fine, look at Philly though, what a disgrace..

I would definitely rather see them push for 8th seed this season and get some experience for the young guys..

The experience for the young guys is coming no matter what.

Why would the experience of the young guys in any way be tied to Hibbert?

Do you really think there is a large difference between winning 20 games and 33 games in terms of experience for the young guys?

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 08:53 PM

Good luck...

I don't think it's much different than what Dallas has done while attempting to rebuild and give Dirk one last shot at a championship. Let's see what the Lakers get in return for taking on Hibbert's contract and whether they move him before the deadline before declaring this to be a disaster.

This is also Roy Hibbert we're talking about; he's not exactly a game-changing player who's going to add 10-20 wins to our team. It's far more likely that he clashes with Byron Scott, gets benched, and then gets traded or released.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:54 PM
This. DMAVS gtfo dude just spewing crap to spew crap

Yes.

It's pure crap to suggest the notion of getting a top 3 pick in the draft with Ben Simmons potentially awaiting is more valuable than likely finishing with a bottom 8 record.

ZenMaster
07-04-2015, 08:54 PM
LA needed a defensive big, with other players being signed this guy is probably the best option. Comes basically for free with a 1 year contract IIRC.
He doesn't need to score but just play good defense, between Kobe, Russel, Randle, Clarkson and Young there are plenty of players to score. The same guys will have to go hard on the boards as well so Hibbert can protect the rim.

Glad to see we are trying to compete while developing the talents.

coin24
07-04-2015, 08:57 PM
The experience for the young guys is coming no matter what.

Why would the experience of the young guys in any way be tied to Hibbert?

Do you really think there is a large difference between winning 20 games and 33 games in terms of experience for the young guys?

What are you on about??

Hibbert is fkn garbage but he's better than nothing, the lakers need to acquire a few more pieces still and push for the 8th seed. What part of that don't you understand?? Yes a trip to the playoffs is a great experience for the young guys and is much better than a losing season feeling like crap..

Worry about your own shitty team of old dirk/DJ, lakers taking that playoff spot:cheers:

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't think it's much different than what Dallas has done while attempting to rebuild and give Dirk one last shot at a championship. Let's see what the Lakers get in return for taking on Hibbert's contract and whether they move him before the deadline before declaring this to be a disaster.

This is also Roy Hibbert we're talking about; he's not exactly a game-changing player who's going to add 10-20 wins to our team. It's far more likely that he clashes with Byron Scott, gets benched, and then gets traded or released.

The bold goes against pretty much everything other Lakers fans are saying. I happen to agree with you for the most part here, but margins are slim.

If that happens and the Lakers end up with like the 5th pick or something...I'd imagine fans will be pretty upset. That's my point.

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2015, 08:58 PM

The chance at keeping the pick easily trumps whatever upside there is to getting Hibbert and adding other pieces.

If the Lakers have the worst record...they have roughly a 64% chance iirc to pick in the top 3.

If they had the 2nd worst record...they'd have over a 50% chance to pick in the top 3.

Again...not worth it? Worth what? Not worth playing all your rookies and just seeing what happens?

If they win...they win...but adding a guy like Hibbert who won't play a role in the future of the team...what is the upside?

Lakers > Mavs

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 08:59 PM
[/B]

The bold goes against pretty much everything other Lakers fans are saying. I happen to agree with you for the most part here, but margins are slim.

If that happens and the Lakers end up with like the 5th pick or something...I'd imagine fans will be pretty upset. That's my point.

The fact some people are excited that we traded for Roy Hibbert says everything about how I feel about my Lakers right now. :roll:

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Kind of forgot for a second that Lakers/Kobe fans are the worst fans in the world.

L8krH8tr
07-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Kind of forgot for a second that Lakers/Kobe fans are the worst fans in the world.

Lakers fans are the most uneducated fake fans in sports, Cowboys next.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 09:02 PM
The article I just read said we gave up a second rounder and probably won't get any assets in return for Hibbert. Way to go, team! :facepalm

On the other hand, the Clippers were rumored to be interested in trading for Hibbert and since the Lakers will be awful this year, at least we can celebrate we stopped them from trading from a center.

L8krH8tr
07-04-2015, 09:05 PM
The article I just read said we gave up a second rounder and probably won't get any assets in return for Hibbert. Way to go, team! :facepalm

On the other hand, the Clippers were rumored to be interested in trading for Hibbert and since the Lakers will be awful this year, at least we can celebrate we stopped them from trading from a center.

wow what a celebration. Lakers are done for. Clippers have a billionare owner who will be in business for a long time..

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 09:05 PM
wow what a celebration. Lakers are done for. Clippers have a billionare owner who will be in business for a long time..

Hey man, we'll take what we can get at this point. :oldlol:

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes.

It's pure crap to suggest the notion of getting a top 3 pick in the draft with Ben Simmons potentially awaiting is more valuable than likely finishing with a bottom 8 record.

Shouldn't you be more worried about the Mavs offseason moves? Wesley Matthews 4 years at 15 mill + coming off a majory achilles heel tear. 20 mill for 4 years to a offensive inept center. Then you guys let Ellis go for 4 years 44 mill when scrubs like Iman Shumpert got 4 years 40 mill from the Cavs. Awful moves :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 09:08 PM

Yeah we should be more like you and go into every thread telling other fans how their teams should be ran while simultaneously demanding answers for every move we don't understand because we are omniscient basketball gods who are entitled to thorough explanations for every basketball move made by any team that's not our own.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 09:12 PM

I understand what you mean when you say the Lakers would be unwise to add unnecessary talent and lose their lottery pick but Hibbert sucks and it gives us another asset in the future. I also don't think it's any worse than what the Mavs have done of late - signing Parsons to a ridiculous contract, letting Ellis go for nothing, declaring Jordan their franchise player going forward, and overpaying a guy who just came off an Achilles injury. The Lakers direction going forward is to develop the young guys, wait for Kobe's contract to expire, and hopefully fire Byron Scott and/or Jim Buss. The Mavs are in purgatory where they're good but not great and don't have much of a direction.

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 09:14 PM
I understand what you mean when you say the Lakers would be unwise to add unnecessary talent and lose their lottery pick but Hibbert sucks and it gives us another asset in the future. I also don't think it's any worse than what the Mavs have done of late - signing Parsons to a ridiculous contract, letting Ellis go for nothing, declaring Jordan their franchise player going forward, and overpaying a guy who just came off an Achilles injury. The Lakers direction going forward is to develop the young guys, wait for Kobe's contract to expire, and hopefully fire Byron Scott and/or Jim Buss. The Mavs are in purgatory where they're good but not great and don't have much of a direction.

Ether. RIP DMAVS

zizozain
07-04-2015, 09:18 PM
DMAVS41 aka NBASTATMAN aka ginobli2341

seek help .. think about it

you spent last 10 years of your life hating on lakers and kobe on a fcuking message board, thousands and thousands of posts ..

as a Laker fan the more i see haters the more i know how great the franchise is.

but you are not hater, you're sad case .. you lost it after that back to back rings and FMVP's 09 - 10 and never got it back

respect to true haters

alanLA92
07-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I don't think Hibbert will make a difference in terms of how many wins the Lakers get next year. Last time I check he was putting 0 pts or 0 rebounds in some games. As a Laker fan I hate going to another losing season but gotta go through another year for the rebuild.

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2015, 09:22 PM
With Hibbert on the team now, think the Lakers may resign Boozer? Or Jordan Hill?

They already have Hibbert, Upshaw, Randle and Black. Boozer actually played well for the Lakers off the bench last season. Him and Black are a nice combo. I see that he could actually play with Hibbert too the same way West did with Hibbert on the Pacers.

Pleeeaassee keep Boozer as far away from the purple and gold as possible.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 09:36 PM

For starters...this has nothing to do with the Mavs, but I happen to agree.

If you had seen any of my posts since last summer...you'd know I've been against pretty much everything the Mavs have done as of late...especially the Parsons contract.

But I feel like you think a good response to a discussion about the Lakers with a Mavs fan...is to make a dig about the Mavs...as if that means something. Like I'm going to take offense with you saying my favorite team has made stupid moves. LOL...I agree with you here...and wouldn't take offense even if I didn't agree. I'd just tell you I don't agree.

It doesn't...the Mavs have been a poorly run franchise for a long time...even during the time Dirk has been there at times. They don't hold a candle to a franchise like the Lakers.

I'm just not sure what that matters here. You are a reasonable poster, but you seem to be kind of falling victim to some form of attacking a poster/his team.

As you see the responses from other fans talking about the Mavericks in a discussion about Roy Hibbert...just because I'm a Mavs fan. That's just a tell tale sign of immaturity and stupidity.

The funny part is...they should know I'm not some crazy fan that always supports the moves of my favorite team no matter what. I hammer Cuban and Nellie all the time...and have repeatedly about the things you mention above...

But whatever...and I'm not even saying I know what will happen. For all we know the Lakers make the playoffs and it's worth it. I don't pretend to know the future.

I just think the most likely outcome is the Lakers still aren't very good and end up with a top 10 pick, but outside the top 3....and it goes to the 76ers...and that is an avenue I wouldn't want to go down with Ben Simmons potentially waiting.

I just don't see the upside...you seem to agree with this.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Ether. RIP DMAVS

:facepalm

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah we should be more like you and go into every thread telling other fans how their teams should be ran while simultaneously demanding answers for every move we don't understand because we are omniscient basketball gods who are entitled to thorough explanations for every basketball move made by any team that's not our own.

I'm giving my opinion/take on a subject I find interesting...and I was curious to see what fans thought on this.

I asked for the rationale because I don't find the main reasons I've been given very compelling...hence why I asked a few more times if there was more to it.

As I'm not as in tune with what the Lakers are doing as other teams because they aren't a relevant team right now. Please don't take that as a dig...it's just a fact. I didn't pay attention to them much this year so I don't know much about them other than the stuff that makes to ESPN which obviously doesn't give you a good insight.

Like I said above...I have no idea what will happen. This could work beautifully and I'll be wrong.

All I said was that the potential reward of bringing in Hibbert and or a couple more vets on 1 year deals doesn't come close to outweighing the potential benefit of retaining the pick here imo.

I don't think there would be a real difference in experience or anything like that either.

Again, that is just my opinion.

For you guys to freak out so much about this...it just reminded me how bad Lakers fans (not all...there are some good ones) get on here.

Happy 4th....:cheers:

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Pleeeaassee keep Boozer as far away from the purple and gold as possible.

He was good off the bench for them but got annoying real quick. Dude's back pushoffs due to lazy boxing out and yelling on every layup attempt got old 5 games in :oldlol:

Bond007
07-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Hibbert is trash. although they are just filling up their cap space for 1 year they definitely could have done much better. Laker management should smell the coffee times have changed and they are stuck in the past. You need to replace jim Buss and let a pro handle basketball operations etc. Need someone forward thinking. He is not his Father and the league has changed if they even noticed...

brownmamba00
07-04-2015, 10:04 PM
5 mill left to spend for a SF and we got the 3 mill exception to throw at a backup big and PG.

let's see what they do with the rest of the roster we could use proven vets like Wilson Chandler and Mo Williams...McDaniels would be good too don't think Houston will match.

Bond007
07-04-2015, 10:06 PM
So how much money will the lakers have next year? and no stars to sign..:lol

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 10:07 PM
5 mill left to spend for a SF and we got the 3 mill exception to throw at a backup big and PG.

let's see what they do with the rest of the roster we could use proven vets like Wilson Chandler and Mo Williams...McDaniels would be good too don't think Houston will match.

I like Gerald Green but doubt he would come after Lakers waived him. Hearing a lot about this McDaniels guy but don't really know his game too well. I think Lakers are set on PG though with Russell/Clarkson.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:07 PM
For starters...this has nothing to do with the Mavs, but I happen to agree.

If you had seen any of my posts since last summer...you'd know I've been against pretty much everything the Mavs have done as of late...especially the Parsons contract.

But I feel like you think a good response to a discussion about the Lakers with a Mavs fan...is to make a dig about the Mavs...as if that means something. Like I'm going to take offense with you saying my favorite team has made stupid moves. LOL...I agree with you here...and wouldn't take offense even if I didn't agree. I'd just tell you I don't agree.

It doesn't...the Mavs have been a poorly run franchise for a long time...even during the time Dirk has been there at times. They don't hold a candle to a franchise like the Lakers.

I'm just not sure what that matters here. You are a reasonable poster, but you seem to be kind of falling victim to some form of attacking a poster/his team.

As you see the responses from other fans talking about the Mavericks in a discussion about Roy Hibbert...just because I'm a Mavs fan. That's just a tell tale sign of immaturity and stupidity.

The funny part is...they should know I'm not some crazy fan that always supports the moves of my favorite team no matter what. I hammer Cuban and Nellie all the time...and have repeatedly about the things you mention above...

But whatever...and I'm not even saying I know what will happen. For all we know the Lakers make the playoffs and it's worth it. I don't pretend to know the future.

I just think the most likely outcome is the Lakers still aren't very good and end up with a top 10 pick, but outside the top 3....and it goes to the 76ers...and that is an avenue I wouldn't want to go down with Ben Simmons potentially waiting.

I just don't see the upside...you seem to agree with this.

I haven't seen your posts, no.

I'm not making digs. I just thought it ironic what you were saying.

I said in another thread I thought it was a shame that Kobe and Dirk had to go out like this, but unlike Kobe, at least Dirk will sniff the playoffs (most likely).

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 10:10 PM

is bazemore still available? Would love to have him off the bench

HOoopCityJones
07-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Gerald Green or KJ McDaniels.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I haven't seen your posts, no.

I'm not making digs. I just thought it ironic what you were saying.

I said in another thread I thought it was a shame that Kobe and Dirk had to go out like this, but unlike Kobe, at least Dirk will sniff the playoffs (most likely).

Ironic how? That because my favorite team has made questionable moves...it makes discussing what other teams do ironic?

That is what I was getting at...this seems silly and there is no need to bring up the Mavs in this discussion.

It's not relevant....I happen to agree that the Mavs have done loads of questionable/poor moves. But that isn't connected to the Lakers in any way.

And as a fan of another team...my opinion shouldn't be in any way related to that.

That was what I was getting at. Your post reeked of..."your opinion doesn't count because your a fan of a team that has made dumb moves"...as if I was the one making the moves or something.

Anyway...you actually happen to agree with what I'm saying. You just don't think Hibbert adds any wins to this team. I actually do think he will....I also think you guys could flip him for something at some point to a desperate team...although his salary makes that more difficult than I think you are letting on.

macpierce
07-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Look at the New Orleans Pelicans, they sucked for one year after losing Chris Paul and got the #1 overall pick to select Anthony Davis. They got lucky they sucked at the right time and lucked out on the #1 pick. Tanking does not guarantee getting the #1 pick and does not guarantee he will be an all star caliber player. The lakers have enough young pieces to win some games if healthy.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Ironic how? That because my favorite team has made questionable moves...it makes discussing what other teams do ironic?

That is what I was getting at...this seems silly and there is no need to bring up the Mavs in this discussion.

It's not relevant....I happen to agree that the Mavs have done loads of questionable/poor moves. But that isn't connected to the Lakers in any way.

And as a fan of another team...my opinion shouldn't be in any way related to that.

That was what I was getting at. Your post reeked of..."your opinion doesn't count because your a fan of a team that has made dumb moves"...as if I was the one making the moves or something.

Anyway...you actually happen to agree with what I'm saying. You just don't think Hibbert adds any wins to this team. I actually do think he will....I also think you guys could flip him for something at some point to a desperate team...although his salary makes that more difficult than I think you are letting on.

Your taking a comment and getting insulted for no reason.

I found it ironic because I think the Lakers are building towards something and have a solid plan going forward, even if most people disagree. I then looked at the username of the person throwing out insults and name-calling, and realized it was a Mavs fan. All I said was I prefer our situation, because we have a clear direction. Nothing more, nothing less.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:25 PM

Wouldn't say signing Hibbert is a sign we're going to be competitive but he's an asset and hopefully we can flip him at the deadline. Plus it will be interesting to see him and Kobe play together. :oldlol:

Optimus Prime
07-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Asset?

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/roy-hibbert-playoff-struggles.jpg

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Asset?

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/roy-hibbert-playoff-struggles.jpg

0.8. :oldlol: Man if anything the front office should be lauded for adding this disaster and increasing our odds of keeping our pick.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Your taking a comment and getting insulted for no reason.

I found it ironic because I think the Lakers are building towards something and have a solid plan going forward, even if most people disagree. I then looked at the username of the person throwing out insults and name-calling, and realized it was a Mavs fan. All I said was I prefer our situation, because we have a clear direction. Nothing more, nothing less.

Throwing out insults? LOL...you need to reread the thread man. I said the Lakers fan insult after some absurd posts.

I like what the Lakers are building towards as well...I just don't like this Hibbert move.

Again, you aren't following this. It's not ironic for a Mavs fan to say something about another team. The fact that I'm a Mavs fan doesn't have anything to do with my opinion on the Lakers or any other team. You have to stop looking at it like that...it's childish and there is no basis for it.

I didn't get insulted...LOL...I don't care what people say about me. I only care when a debate about basketball gets sidetracked (like this has)...

I come here to talk about basketball. That's it...

Jameerthefear
07-04-2015, 10:32 PM
if u think this LA team is making the playoffs next year i feel really bad for u

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:33 PM
if u think this LA team is making the playoffs next year i feel really bad for u

Hibbert could average 25/10 and we still wouldn't make the playoffs. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
07-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Hibbert could average 25/10 and we still wouldn't make the playoffs. :oldlol:
LA should be throwing everything to try and get a top 3 pick next year. we've seen it this offseason: players aren't going to teams that don't win games/have little future just because of location.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 10:39 PM
LA should be throwing everything to try and get a top 3 pick next year. we've seen it this offseason: players aren't going to teams that don't win games/have little future just because of location.

One of the reasons I am in favor of the Lakers trying to get a top 3 pick is that there aren't nearly as many terrible teams coming into next year.

The 76ers are really the only team that is going to be awful for sure. Almost all the other bad teams got a lot better.

The Wolves and Knicks will both be considerably better.

The Magic and Kings will both be much better.

That's 4 of the bottom 6 teams last year (the other two were Lakers/Sixers) improving quite a bit.

The Nuggets could be pretty bad, but they are still better than the Lakers on paper.

I tried to make this point earlier before the Lakers fans went nuts.

I think there is some truth here. Obviously teams can be worse than expected...etc, but on the whole...there shouldn't be as many teams racing to the bottom.

Bond007
07-04-2015, 10:41 PM

this

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:47 PM

We haven't even seen what the Lakers plan to do with Hibbert. He's clearly not going to be here for the long-term, and he's not the type of player who will add any significant number of wins to our team. He's an asset, one that hopefully we can use as a bargaining chip around the trade deadline.

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 10:49 PM
We haven't even seen what the Lakers plan to do with Hibbert. He's clearly not going to be here for the long-term, and he's not the type of player who will add any significant number of wins to our team. He's an asset, one that hopefully we can use as a bargaining chip around the trade deadline.

Did the Lakers have to give up something for him?

Also, I'd be uneasy expecting much of a return here. I could net something decent at the deadline when teams are desperate, but nobody is giving up much for a 2 month rental.

kamil
07-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Lakers fans feeling so entitled. LOL, enjoy the coming years of pure garbage.

YOU'VE HAD YOUR SUCCESS! YOUR TIME IS UP!

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Did the Lakers have to give up something for him?

Also, I'd be uneasy expecting much of a return here. I could net something decent at the deadline when teams are desperate, but nobody is giving up much for a 2 month rental.

I think we gave up a second round pick.

If we can get anything out of Hibbert, we'll be able to move him at the deadline. If he plays anything like the Roy Hibbert we've come to know and love, he will only add to our tanking efforts. :lol

LA_Showtime
07-04-2015, 11:00 PM
I actually think Kobe will love Hibbert. Say what you want about his game but the guy is a hard worker. Byron is going to hate him, though.

Charlie Sheen
07-05-2015, 12:40 AM

I like Roy. I want to see what he can do after leaving all the negativity of the fans turning on him in Indy behind. I'm not getting any crazy ideas that he'll be an all star, but I'm excited for the chance at something better than Jordan Hill and Robert Sacre. What's so bad about that?

Most Laker fans had already accepted the pick was going to Phoenix...now Philly...one of these next 2 years. That's just the cold reality of the situation. I'd rather not waste another season watching basketball like the last 2. There's some hope for a compelling season with the additions of healthy randle and bryant.

I'm not gonna worry in freaking July about if's and maybe's of next year's draft before training camp has even started. If the pick goes, it sucks. Like I said in my first post, the bill is finally paid for Nash and that no longer hangs over the head of the organization. It's obviously gonna be a quicker route back to the playoffs if the Lakers get another top 3 pick in 2016, but I'm not of the mind that they shouldn't try to put together a competitive roster at all.

tl;dr Relax. It's not the end of the world if philly gets the pick. Tip my cap to the 6ers for making moves and I'll worry about how the Lakers can move forward with a clean slate.

rmt
07-05-2015, 01:29 AM
You guys should be glad that DMAVS41 cares enough to even comment on the sad state of your franchise. I'm with him. Take it from a Spur fan, if you're not good and you have any chance at a top pick - TANK HARD. You never know whether you might luck out and get a generational player that'll have your franchise contending for almost 2 decades. Better to suffer a(nother) terrible year than suffer in mediocrity.

With the increase in salary cap, no decent free agent is gonna want to go to LAL - they'll go where they can win since the money's flowing like water. So the team's growth will have to come from within. I know you all feel you have a few good pieces, but it doesn't hurt to have another top pick and you never know how he'll turn out.

Hibbert makes no sense at all and to give away precious picks for him? You all know that Manu was a 57th pick, right?