PDA

View Full Version : Lakers made a mistake in having a party for LaMarcus Aldridge's pitch meeting

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Yannis Koutroupis
‏@YannisNBA

Lakers made a mistake in having a party for LaMarcus Aldridge's pitch meeting, then just a couple FO members for Monroe/DJ. Insulting.

warriorfan
07-02-2015, 01:08 AM
LaMarcus sucks, DJ sucks, Monroe....super sucks. Not a big deal.

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Ok. I guess they will have to settle with Sacre as their big man

chazzy
07-02-2015, 01:11 AM
‏@ChrisMannixSI
Source close to DeAndre Jordan calls Lakers presentation "very professional." Disputes any DJ issue with it. Jordan mulling several options.

Not happening, but..

r15mohd

All suck but all players who are being heavily sought after, and who the lakers were willing to dish out max to near max money for :rolleyes:

Only bcuz the lakers didn't get them, do they "suck"

warriorfan
Ok. I guess they will have to settle with Sacre as their big man

It's better than locking up a fugazi bigman for 5 years on way too much money.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 01:13 AM
Ok. I guess they will have to settle with Sacre as their big manPhilly has a stash of bigs to trade, including Jason Thompson and Carl Landry lol. Maybe Mitch can work something out with Hinkie.

r15mohd
07-02-2015, 01:13 AM

If there's any year to dish out money and it being considered way too much....it is this year bcuz once the cap changes, these contracts look OK and not that bad

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:14 AM
‏@ChrisMannixSI
Source close to DeAndre Jordan calls Lakers presentation "very professional." Disputes any DJ issue with it. Jordan mulling several options.

Not happening, but..

Would have been a ideal fit but I think he will stay with the Clips.

toxicxr6
07-02-2015, 01:16 AM

If you hadn't noticed locking up players on long term contracts this year is absolutely the best thing to do..wait 1-2 more years and the asking price for every player is going to increase 25%-50%...

You watch all the smart teams that loaded up this year will have the cash to sign players in the next few years.. The ones that miss out this year will run out of cash much faster in the future

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-02-2015, 01:17 AM
OP and the Bran family soo desperate to shit on the Lakers...despite there being conflicting reports with all these stories. :oldlol:

The only reality this summer is that LeBron = 2/6. :no:

chazzy
07-02-2015, 01:18 AM
OP so desperate to shit on the Lakers despite there being conflicting reports with all these stories coming out.

Lol seriously, you can craft any story you want depending on who you listen to.. for example

Bill Oram
‏@billoram
Been told Kobe Bryant was "very good" in Lakers meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge. Also that meeting went "well," for what that's worth.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 01:21 AM
Age of knee-jerk Twitter reporting folks. It's all garbage.

warriorfan
07-02-2015, 01:23 AM
You guys don't get it. DJ is a nice player but he has huge flaws in his game. He only really brings elite rebounding. His offensive game is flawed, his defensive game has flaws. Hack a Jordan makes him a liability to stay on the floor. He makes bonehead plays.

LaMarcus Aldridge is not very athletic and he is now 29 years old. He isn't a good defender, he isn't a good rebounder. He doesn't like to bang and is more perimeter oriented, his favorite shot is a long 2 pointer. He isn't an efficient scorer. Why the fucc would you want this guy under contract till he is 34 years old?

This is why you guys aren't GMs. You would throw 100 mill on a douchebag just because "he is coming at a 25% cheaper price". A piece of crap on discount is still a piece of crap. Don't fool yourself.

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Age of knee-jerk Twitter reporting folks. It's all garbage.
I'm not disagreeing, but this level of twitter reporting is the exact type of shit that made you and a bunch of other idiots convince yourself that Kevin Love was leaving, and becoming a Laker.

You only hate the twitter reports when it doesn't suit your interests. Fact.

tpols
07-02-2015, 01:27 AM
You guys don't get it. DJ is a nice player but he has huge flaws in his game. He only really brings elite rebounding. His offensive game is flawed, his defensive game has flaws. Hack a Jordan makes him a liability to stay on the floor. He makes bonehead plays.

LaMarcus Aldridge is not very athletic and he is now 29 years old. He isn't a good defender, he isn't a good rebounder. He doesn't like to bang and is more perimeter oriented, his favorite shot is a long 2 pointer. He isn't an efficient scorer. Why the fucc would you want this guy under contract till he is 34 years old?

This is why you guys aren't GMs. You would throw 100 mill on a douchebag just because "he is coming at a 25% cheaper price". A piece of crap on discount is still a piece of crap. Don't fool yourself.

Word. None of those guys move the needle anywhere except current contenders like spurs clips etc.. they do nothing for LA except hinder current rookies and give like a 8-9 place finish which is the worst spot to be.

chazzy
07-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Word. None of those guys move the needle anywhere except current contenders like spurs clips etc.. they do nothing for LA except hinder current rookies and give like a 8-9 place finish which is the worst spot to be.
But it would be the right step in terms of attracting other players.. free agents are all leaning towards teams with other talent. Like the Suns came out of nowhere as an Aldridge contender because they signed Chandler. So if the Lakers had Aldridge or DJ, it makes them more attractive next offseason etc.

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 01:32 AM
I would have liked Aldridge. My issue however is his age doesn't match the roster moving forward. I believe the Lakers need to focus on youth and aiming for players that can grow together. Unfortunately most teams are locking down their younger talent so that's the challenge isn't it?

r15mohd
07-02-2015, 01:37 AM
I would have liked Aldridge. My issue however is his age doesn't match the roster moving forward. I believe the Lakers need to focus on youth and aiming for players that can grow together. Unfortunately most teams are locking down their younger talent so that's the challenge isn't it?

Teams are kicking in the younger guys early...definitely right so the Lakers shot at big FAs next year just got slimmer. AD is no longer available, Lillard is locked up...only guys worth it at KD and Westbrook but neither are going to switch to the Lakers when they're worse off than their current situation in OKC

Lakers need talent to draw in the stars and that's not happening anytime soon tbh

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Teams are kicking in the younger guys early...definitely right so the Lakers shot at big FAs next year just got slimmer. AD is no longer available, Lillard is locked up...only guys worth it at KD and Westbrook but neither are going to switch to the Lakers when they're worse off than their current situation in OKC

Lakers need talent to draw in the stars and that's not happening anytime soon tbh

Right now it will depend on our young core especially Russell. I rather have it this way anyway. Let our young guys develop and go from there.

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Yeah I don't see how the Lakers draw in someone like Durant with the lack of talent on the team. If they had a piece like LMA or DJ, it would be a different story, but there are no star caliber players on that roster right now.

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 01:42 AM

I hate to say this but the truth is Kobe truly is the monkey wrench holding up the Lakers from transitioning to their next stages. I'd rather the Lakers play their younger talent more and just rebuild by obtaining assets via the draft than them fighting it out for twenty something wins in the season. It just makes no sense to me. This is why his contract just made no god damn sense to me.

The lakers tried to play the "we take care of our own" card and that shit failed hard :lol

KiiiiNG
07-02-2015, 01:46 AM
I hate to say this but the truth is Kobe truly is the monkey wrench holding up the Lakers from transitioning to their next stages. I'd rather the Lakers play their younger talent more and just rebuild by obtaining assets via the draft than them fighting it out for twenty something wins in the season. It just makes no sense to me. This is why his contract just made no god damn sense to me.

The lakers tried to play the "we take care of our own" card and that shit failed hard :lol
cancerbe?

:confusedshrug:

sounds like the real lakers fans around here aren't too fond of the shit show these past couple years. and that contract... jesus christ that contract. i understand you wanna jack off the working hamster, so to speak, but jiminy ****ing christmas... talk about holding a franchise hostage and going out on some king kong shit, beating your chest on the ****ing empire state building "look at me! look at me! KING ALPHA" meanwhile you tore the whole ****ing franchise to shreds while you're at it.... :facepalm

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 01:51 AM
cancerbe?

sounds like the real lakers fans around here aren't too fond of the shit show these past couple years. and that contract... jesus christ that contract. i understand you wanna jack off the working hamster, so to speak, but jiminy ****ing christmas... talk about holding a franchise hostage and going out on some king kong shit, beating your chest on the ****ing empire state building "look at me! look at me! KING ALPHA" meanwhile you tore the whole ****ing franchise to shreds while you're at it.... :facepalm

I'm not mad at Kobe for TAKING the money but lately I've watched that front office pull some suspect as moves during the course
Of the last couple of seasons and I'm beginning to wonder, just a bit if maybe it's all smoke and mirrors since their Pop died and maybe just maybe they don't know wtf they're doing?

I mean they OFFERED him the damn contract. Who does that for a player coming off massive injury at his age, during a transitional period where you need cap space?

I didn't get it then and we are now all seeing the ramifications of that contract and how it's tied them down at the moment.

LUCKILY they have landed some talent via the draft. So that's a plus but if they swing and miss again next season for free agents?

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 01:55 AM
cancerbe?

Damn. excellent post

KiiiiNG
07-02-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm not mad at Kobe for TAKING the money but lately I've watched that front office pull some suspect as moves during the course
Of the last couple of seasons and I'm beginning to wonder, just a bit if maybe it's all smoke and mirrors since their Pop died and maybe just maybe they don't know wtf they're doing?

I mean they OFFERED him the damn contract. Who does that for a player coming off massive injury at his age, during a transitional period where you need cap space?

I didn't get it then and we are now all seeing the ramifications of that contract and how it's tied them down at the moment.

LUCKILY they have landed some talent via the draft. So that's a plus but if they swing and miss again next season for free agents?
maybe those dumbass buss idiots thought they owed kobe something.... or maybe they're downright scared of the guy and didnt wanna have any problems

but the thing is, as you have said, giving that sort of contract to a washed up, injury prone, on the verge of retirement player is just not what a winning franchise should be doing.

and it doesnt help that kobe is running every single free agent away. his fans will say its because they have no talent or whatever but no one buys that. ITS KOBE. always has been. they dont want to play with him now and they dont want to play in his shadow. kobe was great when he was young and healthy, but now his mere existence is a ****ing cancer to the lakers franchise, present and future.

Rooster
07-02-2015, 02:00 AM

It's not Kobe fault at all to take the money but I already know that this contract going to be a problem when it was announced.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Yannis Koutroupis
‏@YannisNBA

Lakers made a mistake in having a party for LaMarcus Aldridge's pitch meeting, then just a couple FO members for Monroe/DJ. Insulting.

What's insulting is that Monroe/DJ expect the same treatment as Aldridge. Maybe try making a few allstar appearances and all-nba teams, then you will get the same treatment. Even though DJ came out and said this is false, he liked the Lakers meeting.

Btw, this is why I hate twitter. Every little thing becomes a news story and blown out of proportion, stfu and let the teams/players deal with it. Everybody is a reporter these days, ffs.