PDA

View Full Version : What happened to kobes stacked team in 09 and 2010??

NZStreetBaller
06-27-2015, 02:08 AM
Seriously. He had a massive all star team. And couldnt have won without the likes of shasha and luke and lamar and farmar and bynum and pau. I mean these are multiple all stars that have had huge decorative careers even wtihout kobe. I mean wow. Talk about being carried.

Cladyclad
06-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Seriously. He had a massive all star team. And couldnt have won without the likes of shasha and luke and lamar and farmar and bynum and pau. I mean these are multiple all stars that have had huge decorative careers even wtihout kobe. I mean wow. Talk about being carried.

Wats crazy tho is with the exception of Fish the squad was youngish. The Lakers had a lot of players 30 & under. So for a team that was so called stack. Why did most of the squad be out the league in like 2 years later?

Kobe will never get his just due for carrying these bums.

Rocketswin2013
06-27-2015, 07:33 AM
Gasol just put up 18.5/11.8/2.7/1.9/ on .550 TS% with a 22.7 PER.
50 wins.

Stop acting like he's out of the league or something.

By the way, Gasol was the Lakers most clutch player in both of those title years. He should be more appreciated.

MaxFly
06-27-2015, 08:01 AM
By the way, Gasol was the Lakers most clutch player in both of those title years. He should be more appreciated.

With time, things fade... but for those who were on these boards, or really any basketball board back in 2010, one of the things that stood out that season was the number of game winners Bryant hit. There were countless threads with crazy statements from fans and detractors alike... and quite a bit of praise. ESPN had multiple segments and follow ups throughout the season. I believe Bryant hit 6 or 7 game winners that season on something like 12 attempts... I recall this because I believe he holds the record for the number of game winners in a season... 1 or 2 of which included Luke Walton making some poor decisions and forcing even tougher attempts.

No, Pau Gasol was not the most clutch player for the Lakers... at least in 2010... and no one who remembers 2010 and the craziness after some of those games can seriously support such a statement.

Rocketswin2013
06-27-2015, 08:07 AM
With time, things fade... but for those who were on these boards, or really any basketball board back in 2010, one of the things that stood out that season was the number of game winners Bryant hit. There were countless threads with crazy statements from fans and detractors alike... and quite a bit of praise. ESPN had multiple segments and follow ups throughout the season. I believe Bryant hit 6 or 7 game winners that season on something like 12 attempts... I recall this because I believe he holds the record for the number of game winners in a season... 1 or 2 of which included Luke Walton making some poor decisions and forcing even tougher attempts.

No, Pau Gasol was not the most clutch player for the Lakers... at least in 2010... and no one who remembers 2010 and the craziness after some of those games can seriously support such a statement.
I should've been more specific. In the playoffs. Specifically the NBA finals. Both years

I can post the stats.

snipes12
06-27-2015, 08:52 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/lM-HOLsmlyQmk7u-_3mk7NkkltQXVNzDFGKh_v2vIDObHeZGdlsbKJ3aRaphZ3F7-e_GK6MEtEnJ94qUMMhizBZcVTVplR6LrbqCF05ROHHEMNS_gRM =w380-h276-nc

Mr. Jabbar
06-27-2015, 11:35 AM
imagine if kobe ever colluded a la bran, 10+ rings, well asterisks anyway..

MaxFly
06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I should've been more specific. In the playoffs. Specifically the NBA finals. Both years

I can post the stats.

Please post those... including shot charts of where the shots were taken and % of shots assisted on... if possible.

Legends66NBA7
06-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Those were great teams that had strength on the perimeter and front court, along with having an all-time great coach.

What they were doing in 2015 is irrelevant to what they were doing 5-6 years ago.

Hey Yo
06-27-2015, 11:58 AM
imagine if kobe ever colluded a la bran, 10+ rings, well asterisks anyway..
He demanded to play for LA cause everyone knew Shaq would be signing there.

alanLA92
06-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Fatigue was also a factor. They went from being able to close out games in the playoffs from 08-10(except the finals in 08) to being unable to the following two years as well as getting blown out from time to time.

Rocketswin2013
06-27-2015, 12:33 PM
Please post those... including shot charts of where the shots were taken and % of shots assisted on... if possible.
2009 Playoffs vs Orlando Clutch Stats
Gasol: 21 points on 94.8% TS
Kobe: 20 points on 42.5% TS
Lakers on shots unassisted by Kobe: 27 points on 64.8% TS

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=single&year_id=2009&is_playoffs=Y&team_id=&opp_id=ORL&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

Bryant in the 4th of 09: 13/40 FG

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=gasolpa01&match=single&year_id=2009&is_playoffs=Y&team_id=&opp_id=ORL&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

Pau in the 4th: 13/20

Right now, I'm in a car. I'll have this more in-depth and organized 20-30 mins. And 2010 Finals.

DMAVS41
06-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Why is this always brought up like the Lakers weren't good.

The 09 and 10 Lakers supporting casts rank very well on the 538 supporting cast ranking model.

They weren't dominant historically by any means, but they were pretty stacked in relation to the league.

They were the clear cut better team (again, in large part due to Kobe) in each series they played in 09 and 10 outside of the 10 Finals.

If you go back to 08...they were the best team in each series outside the 08 and 10 Finals.

I actually think those Celtics (in 2010) are a tad over-rated here, but they were tough regardless.

Does it do anything to diminish the rings? Of course not....but just don't pretend like the other elite players like Wade, Dirk, and Lebron had equal help those years either.

Dirk got his help in 11 and won. Lebron/Wade got their help and won.

Usually how it goes for all time greats. Give them a great team and coaching and the results will be really good.

GimmeThat
06-27-2015, 12:40 PM
he did what he did best
ducked. and took the space out of everyone.

all at once

NBASTATMAN
06-27-2015, 01:09 PM
PAU was the top talent besides Kobe... PAU has shown how great he still is at 34 yrs of age... That 2010 team went 6-2 or something without Kobe and Bynum at one point... YES THEY WERE STACKED AGAINST THE COMPETITION... Odom won 6th man of the year as well and won a GOLD medal as the starting CEnter on WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP... Odom started over TYSON CHANDLER... :bowdown:

Bynum was a all star center whose knee blew out.. He got his money though.. :lol

Raymone
06-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Only a few years later..

- Bynum in his mid 20s: free agent nobody wants
- Odom in his early 30s: homeless crack addict
- Gasol in his early 30s: roleplayer struggling to win games in the East
- Artest in his early 30s: playing somewhere in Italy or China

All-time stacked team right there :lol Such valuable players around Kobe.

Quickening
06-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Only a few years later..

- Bynum in his mid 20s: free agent nobody wants
- Odom in his early 30s: homeless crack addict
- Gasol in his early 30s: roleplayer struggling to win games in the East
- Artest in his early 30s: playing somewhere in Italy or China

All-time stacked team right there :lol Such valuable players around Kobe.

You forgot to mention Kobe being an irrelevant cripple

Bosnian Sajo
06-27-2015, 02:41 PM
You forgot to mention Kobe being an irrelevant cripple

At the age of 37, nonetheless.

branslowski
06-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Bynum Finals avg 6ppg 4reb

Odom Championship years playoffs avg 8ppg 7reb

Artest playoff avg 11ppg 41%fg