PDA

View Full Version : I realize why I dislike Lebron

sundizz
06-22-2015, 02:18 AM
I really liked him early on in his career. I felt that he was very mature given his unstable upbringing and played basketball the right way (teammates first, even from a young age). That documentary movie of his had me in the feels because growing up with a few friends just playing hoops is what my childhood was like also. Raw emotion.

I dislike him because he plays in the East. Gets a cakewalk to the finals since the Pistons and Magic, to a degree, went down. That lack of competition is completely unfair since it sends an all-time great to the finals every year. Further, the fact that he loses in the finals + always have all-stars on his team all the time just shows that if he were in the West he'd have so much more trouble getting to the Finals.

Also, makes me realize how little he has grown as a basketball player. He still only knows how to play a ball dominant, Bron or nothing, style of ball. He sucks at being a part of an offense. I wish he'd either get a real coach that made him play NBA style basketball, or get over to the West where he'd actually have to compete every year.

Maybe it is Durant's fault for not putting up more of a fight. Just feels like Bron has had a hand picked easy career compared to other legends. Even though Jordan basically cheated by having far and away the best supporting team at least he played some true greats with decently good teams.

Lebron beta'd to Kobe in the Olympics, beta'd to Wade in 2011 and just straight crumbled, had 1.5 good finals and decent to poor other finals. He someone managed to make joining a stacked Cavs team in the weak East into a pity party for him that he didn't have enough help. His delly friend destroyed the Hawks, the Bulls only true offensive big man was injury plagued, and somehow the story ended with people thinking Bron did something special this year.

Curry won the reg season MVP, set records for threes in the playoffs, had other-worldly efficiency on great #'s, was a 1st time champion, did it with a rookie coach, inexperienced teammates, and was one of the most clutch performers of recent memory in the playoffs. He hit so many big shots for the Dubs throughout each round. One of the most entertaining first time title runs I've ever seen when looking at it in hindsight. Only Dwayne Wade, as a perimeter player, had a more entertaining first time title run. As someone that didn't even get scholarship offers his story is truly awesome.

I'm glad summer is here though. Going to relax all summer with my blue and gold Mullin jersey on. We da bess :pimp:

warriorfan
06-22-2015, 02:20 AM
I really liked him early on in his career. I felt that he was very mature given his unstable upbringing and played basketball the right way (teammates first, even from a young age). That documentary movie of his had me in the feels because growing up with a few friends just playing hoops is what my childhood was like also. Raw emotion.

I dislike him because he plays in the East. Gets a cakewalk to the finals since the Pistons and Magic, to a degree, went down. That lack of competition is completely unfair since it sends an all-time great to the finals every year. Further, the fact that he loses in the finals + always have all-stars on his team all the time just shows that if he were in the West he'd have so much more trouble getting to the Finals.

Also, makes me realize how little he has grown as a basketball player. He still only knows how to play a ball dominant, Bron or nothing, style of ball. He sucks at being a part of an offense. I wish he'd either get a real coach that made him play NBA style basketball, or get over to the West where he'd actually have to compete every year.

Maybe it is Durant's fault for not putting up more of a fight. Just feels like Bron has had a hand picked easy career compared to other legends. Even though Jordan basically cheated by having far and away the best supporting team at least he played some true greats with decently good teams.

Lebron beta'd to Kobe in the Olympics, beta'd to Wade in 2011 and just straight crumbled, had 1.5 good finals and decent to poor other finals. He someone managed to make joining a stacked Cavs team in the weak East into a pity party for him that he didn't have enough help. His delly friend destroyed the Hawks, the Bulls only true offensive big man was injury plagued, and somehow the story ended with people thinking Bron did something special this year.

Curry won the reg season MVP, set records for threes in the playoffs, had other-worldly efficiency on great #'s, was a 1st time champion, did it with a rookie coach, inexperienced teammates, and was one of the most clutch performers of recent memory in the playoffs. He hit so many big shots for the Dubs throughout each round. One of the most entertaining first time title runs I've ever seen when looking at it in hindsight. Only Dwayne Wade, as a perimeter player, had a more entertaining first time title run. As someone that didn't even get scholarship offers his story is truly awesome.

I'm glad summer is here though. Going to relax all summer with my blue and gold Mullin jersey on. We da bess :pimp:

:rockon:

Mr. Jabbar
06-22-2015, 02:21 AM
i feel ya bro. personally i had to stop rooting for lebron when he dropped out the top 20

The Iron Fist
06-22-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm glad you brought up Kerr being a rookie coach. So much focus is put on Blatt as a coach, yet, everyone forgets that Kerr has never been an NBA coach either. But somehow, he made his team champions.

TheBigVeto
06-22-2015, 02:42 AM
Only Dwayne Wade, as a perimeter player, had a more entertaining first time title run.

Wade had the refs bail him out. The most rigged finals other than the Lakers' finals during David Stern era.

Curry's championship is legit. Much better than DWhistle's.

BBallZen83
06-22-2015, 02:45 AM
I'm glad you brought up Kerr being a rookie coach. So much focus is put on Blatt as a coach, yet, everyone forgets that Kerr has never been an NBA coach either. But somehow, he made his team champions.

I think a lot of that has to do with having the MVP, and the deeper and injury free roster. Don't get me wrong, Kerr made great adjustments after game 3 going to small ball and sitting Bogut, but if we are serious here, with the way the rosters matched up... GSW should have swept the Cavs.

And to the OP, I don't think many people have pitty for Lebron seeing as he has more haters than probably any other sports figure, but as far as you not liking the narrative of pity for him because his team was hurt. Sorry bud, but that's just the reality. As soon as Love and Irving were both gone, he was gonna get a pass for the series if he just came out and played his ass off. And he did that, played his ass off even though the roster was decimated and took the much better team to 6 games. It is what it is.

aj1987
06-22-2015, 03:45 AM

How sad is your life? Your team just won the Finals and you're sitting here typing up paragraphs about how much you hate a player... :facepalm

Inferno
06-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Well said. 2/6

a joke

Spurs5Rings2014
06-22-2015, 04:43 AM
Well said. 2/6

a joke

:banana:

Quickening
06-22-2015, 05:14 AM
This guy really just wrote a paragraph on why he dislikes a basketball player he has never met?

Its not even funny how sad that is...

warriorfan
06-22-2015, 05:15 AM
This guy really just wrote a paragraph on why he dislikes a basketball player he has never met?

Its not even funny how sad that is...

Says the homo who has a picture of LeBron James on his forum account :lol

Quickening
06-22-2015, 05:17 AM
Says the homo who has a picture of LeBron James on his forum account :lol

Yes its a basketball forum bro, which you apparently live on :facepalm

triangleoffense
06-22-2015, 06:31 AM
I think a lot of that has to do with having the MVP, and the deeper and injury free roster. Don't get me wrong, Kerr made great adjustments after game 3 going to small ball and sitting Bogut, but if we are serious here, with the way the rosters matched up... GSW should have swept the Cavs.

And to the OP, I don't think many people have pitty for Lebron seeing as he has more haters than probably any other sports figure, but as far as you not liking the narrative of pity for him because his team was hurt. Sorry bud, but that's just the reality. As soon as Love and Irving were both gone, he was gonna get a pass for the series if he just came out and played his ass off. And he did that, played his ass off even though the roster was decimated and took the much better team to 6 games. It is what it is.
Kerr made that team buy into his philosophy from the 1st day of training camp.. not a lot of coaches could have had the Finals MVP come off the bench the entire season outside of popovich and maybe Doc rivers, and Kerr only has 1 year of coaching experience to their combined 20+.

Kerr = GOD level coach.

Braincells
06-22-2015, 10:34 AM
I give this thread a 2 out of 6.

Wally450
06-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Let me ask this, is it LeBron's fault the East is so weak?

Is it his fault he has an easy path to the Finals because all the other teams are trash in the East?

I bet its his fault the West is so stacked too. :rolleyes:

Kobe_6/8
06-22-2015, 11:00 AM
I dislike him because he plays in the East. Gets a cakewalk to the finals since the Pistons and Magic, to a degree, went down. Further, the fact that he loses in the finals + always have all-stars on his team all the time just shows that if he were in the West he'd have so much more trouble getting to the Finals.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/cavaliers/snow_090405_250.jpg

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sportal_com_au/a2/f9/matthew-dellavedova_1pyp66bjl9fli1795uq31a09hi.jpg

gts
06-22-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm glad you brought up Kerr being a rookie coach. So much focus is put on Blatt as a coach, yet, everyone forgets that Kerr has never been an NBA coach either. But somehow, he made his team champions.Kerr sold himself then sold an unselfish type of play to the team and they bought in for the season.

You read the reports coming out of the Warriors and players and coaches all give each other credit for sticking to a script and playing unselfish ball as a team to achieve a common goal..

Then compare to the stories coming out of Cleveland, the relationship between Lebron and Blatt... ISO ball play after play

It's not hard to see why the Warriors won the title and the Cavs/Lebron were embarrassed once again

FLDFSU
06-22-2015, 12:19 PM
How sad is your life? Your team just won the Finals and you're sitting here typing up paragraphs about how much you hate a player... :facepalm

They are a pathetic little bunch aren't they?

Ne 1
06-22-2015, 12:34 PM
I
Let me ask this, is it LeBron's fault the East is so weak?

Is it his fault he has an easy path to the Finals because all the other teams are trash in the East?

I bet its his fault the West is so stacked too. :rolleyes:
No, it's not his fault, however the 6 Finals appearances and 5 straight Finals need to be put into context because that's clearly inflated. He sure hasn't surpased expectations winning just 2 and losing 4 of those Finals and James and the Cavs/Heat in the West in retrospect sure aren't making 6 Finals or 5 consecutive Finals.

Hey Yo
06-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Kerr made that team buy into his philosophy from the 1st day of training camp.. not a lot of coaches could have had the Finals MVP come off the bench the entire season outside of popovich and maybe Doc rivers, and Kerr only has 1 year of coaching experience to their combined 20+.

Kerr = GOD level coach.
He took over Mark Jackson's already very talented team who (jackson) molded into what they've become.

Sad part is, I don't think any player on GSW team thanked Jackson for what he did for them. If they did, I didn't see it and apologize.

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Kerr sold himself then sold an unselfish type of play to the team and they bought in for the season.

You read the reports coming out of the Warriors and players and coaches all give each other credit for sticking to a script and playing unselfish ball as a team to achieve a common goal..

Then compare to the stories coming out of Cleveland, the relationship between Lebron and Blatt... ISO ball play after play

It's not hard to see why the Warriors won the title and the Cavs/Lebron were embarrassed once again

yeah, because Love and Kyrie were down and out............. seriously, have Laker fans gone completely braindead? :lol

Hey Yo
06-22-2015, 12:47 PM
I
No, it's not his fault, however the 6 Finals appearances and 5 straight Finals need to be put into context because that's clearly inflated. He sure hasn't surpased expectations winning just 2 and losing 4 of those Finals and James and the Cavs/Heat in the West in retrospect sure aren't making 6 Finals or 5 consecutive Finals.
So you're saying LeBron is like Magic of the 80's but with much less talent and coaching around him?

StrongLurk
06-22-2015, 04:05 PM

Only part of this post that is any good.