PDA

View Full Version : Your Team's Best Player Remains, but the next two are out - playoff run?

sixer6ad
06-19-2015, 08:27 PM
Trying to think in all of my years of watching hoops if ANY team advanced through to the NBA Finals without its 3rd best player for most of the playoffs and their 2nd best player for games in the middle round and all of the Finals.

Anyone have this scenario for your team?

Jordan without Pippen and __________?
Magic without Kareem and Worthy?
Bird without McHale and Parrish?
Duncan without Parker and Ginobli?

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Except Lebron is playing in arguably the worst Conference of the modern Basketball era of all time. He has two match ups a year to worry about, one in the EcF and another in the Finals.

KiiiiNG
06-19-2015, 08:32 PM
usually the two next best players dont get hurt so theres not a very big sample size you moron

red1
06-19-2015, 08:32 PM
Trying to think in all of my years of watching hoops if ANY team advanced through to the NBA Finals without its 3rd best player for most of the playoffs and their 2nd best player for games in the middle round and all of the Finals.

It is ridiculous to even envision. Only a GOAT level player could carry such a team.

Foster5k
06-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Better question is: Chances of Your Team's Best Player Getting Locked Down By Iggy and Iggy Winning FMVP

sd3035
06-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Kobe won back to back titles with a weaker supporting cast

funnystuff
06-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Better question is: Chances of Your Team's Best Player Getting Locked Down By Iggy and Iggy Winning FMVP
Holding a player to a triple double is definitely "locking them down".

:facepalm

TemporaMutantur
06-19-2015, 08:58 PM

The dude was the primary ball handler, played 46 minutes on average, primary scorer; those numbers were inevitable for a player of his caliber.

However, what he did manage to reduce significantly was his FG%, which was significantly lower than usual.

sd3035
06-19-2015, 09:00 PM

He didn't average a triple double idiot

funnystuff
06-19-2015, 09:02 PM
The dude was the primary ball handler, played 46 minutes on average, primary scorer; those numbers were inevitable for a player of his caliber.

However, what he did manage to reduce significantly was his FG%, which was significantly lower than usual.

So, take your isolated stat and go **** yourself.
Triple double = isolated stat? I'm pretty sure it has to involve 3 stats minimum. :roll:

Did you honestly watch the series? His FG% is hardly accurate given how many times he was hacked without a call.. but I don't expect you to use logic given how upset you sound.

Rocketswin2013
06-19-2015, 09:03 PM

There is no way holding a guy to 36 PPG is locking him down. And BTW the pace was extremely slow, which was LeBron's doing and the only way they even stayed in games against the Warriors extremely good transition offense. So MPG is misleading and not much of a factor.

TemporaMutantur
06-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Triple double = isolated stat? I'm pretty sure it has to involve 3 stats minimum. :roll:

Did you honestly watch the series? His FG% is hardly accurate given how many times he was hacked without a call.. but I don't expect you to use logic given how upset you sound.

It's either you or my wife man..

iamgine
06-19-2015, 09:05 PM

Lebron might've done it in his Miami days. Bosh and Wade injured in spurts.

funnystuff
06-19-2015, 09:07 PM
He didn't average a triple double idiot
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6f/6f723ce79ef0a84e0c9df7499c36b0a9c889297a87baf1e92d 9db6f2416dffdf.jpg

Seriously, watch the games and stop only looking at boxscores. :roll:

sd3035
06-19-2015, 09:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5An7VI0.jpg

:biggums:

funnystuff
06-19-2015, 09:13 PM
:biggums:
http://media.giphy.com/media/ZxrpYTevDLmmY/giphy.gif

jchu
06-19-2015, 11:01 PM
imagine GSW without Klay and Iggy

imdaman99
06-19-2015, 11:06 PM
KD last year could have got through the East pretty easily. As long as his role players played up to par like Lebron's did up until the Finals.

Lebron would have lost in the 1st round in the West without his 2nd and 3rd options.

MellowYellow
06-19-2015, 11:19 PM
imagine GSW without Klay and Iggy

How about Klay, Bogut, and David Lee non-factors. That's a lot of locked in money doing not much.

Xiao Yao You
06-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Definitely. Gobert is the key to the Jazz.

nba_55
06-19-2015, 11:55 PM
KD last year could have got through the East pretty easily. As long as his role players played up to par like Lebron's did up until the Finals.

Lebron would have lost in the 1st round in the West without his 2nd and 3rd options.

the ''would'' and ''could'' don't mean anything when they come from Knicks fans.

KG215
06-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Just Durant and no Russ and Ibaka? Maybe a 1st round win and strong 2nd round showing with OKC's newfound depth and firepower. That's in the West. If they swap places with Cleveland and the Cavs go to the West and the Thunder to the East? Then Durant without Russ and Ibaka at the very least make the ECF, and probably make the Finals.

All that still applies if it's Westbrook without Durant and Ibaka, although I'm not quite as certain about him getting past the 1st round in the West and further than the ECF in the East.

funnystuff
06-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Just Durant and no Russ and Ibaka? Maybe a 1st round win and strong 2nd round showing with OKC's newfound depth and firepower. That's in the West. If they swap places with Cleveland and the Cavs go to the West and the Thunder to the East? Then Durant without Russ and Ibaka at the very least make the ECF, and probably make the Finals.

All that still applies if it's Westbrook without Durant and Ibaka, although I'm not quite as certain about him getting past the 1st round in the West and further than the ECF in the East.
Current Durant coming off an injury or pre-injury Durant?

Just2McFly
06-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Except Lebron is playing in arguably the worst Conference of the modern Basketball era of all time. He has two match ups a year to worry about, one in the EcF and another in the Finals.

You must have started watching basketball in 2011.

LAZERUSS
06-20-2015, 08:52 AM

See Magic's '91 Finals.

KG215
06-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Current Durant coming off an injury or pre-injury Durant?
Durant at or pretty much at 100% of his 2014 form.