PDA

View Full Version : Has an ATG/GOAT level player...

hawke812
06-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Ever been single covered in the Finals and shot a 40%? Lebron did not seem like himself. I was expecting double and triple coverage on the best player in the world:confusedshrug:

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Lebron James 2007 final against Spurs

riseagainst
06-17-2015, 04:11 PM
kobe in 2010. Bailed out by Gasol, the true FMVP.

kennethgriffin
06-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Ever been single covered in the Finals and shot a 40%? Lebron did not seem like himself. I was expecting double and triple coverage on the best player in the world:confusedshrug:

He shot 28%

Layups arent legit shots... with layups and dunks he shot 39%

warriorfan
one dimensional

HOoopCityJones

When the hell did you become this hardcore Lebron stan? :biggums:

kennethgriffin
06-17-2015, 04:16 PM

Based on what? Winshares?

In that case kobe is the lakers 2001 mvp

So even if his 28/8/5 in the finals didnt count and the fmvp he won was taken away. (Even though all of gasols points come off kobes drawing of the defense) then kobe would lose 1 hypothetical mvp and gain another

riseagainst
06-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Based on what? Winshares?

In that case kobe is the lakers 2001 mvp

So even if his 28/8/5 in the finals didnt count and the fmvp he won was taken away. (Even though all of gasols points come off kobes drawing of the defense) then kobe would lose 1 hypothetical mvp and gain another

sorry, you dont get FMVP over Shaq, who averaged 33-16-5 on 57%FG, while you average a 25-8-6 on 42%FG.

Meanwhile, Pau put up 19-12-4 on 48%FG along with 2.6blks, while Kobe 29-8-4 on 40%FG, while shooting 6/24 in game 7. Pau also had 9 offensive rebounds that game grabbing Kobe's missed bricks. What a rob.

riseagainst
06-17-2015, 04:27 PM
When the hell did you become this hardcore Lebron stan? :biggums:

not hardcore. I'm still a fan of kobe's and i acknowledge that he is a top 10 player all time. But i am objective. Lebron is a better player than Kobe. It's the hardcore kobe stans who are delusional.

9erempiree
06-17-2015, 04:27 PM
sorry, you dont get FMVP over Shaq, who averaged 33-16-5 on 57%FG, while you average a 25-8-6 on 42%FG.

Meanwhile, Pau put up 19-12-4 on 48%FG along with 2.6blks, while Kobe 29-8-4 on 40%FG, while shooting 6/24 in game 7. Pau also had 9 offensive rebounds that game grabbing Kobe's missed bricks. What a rob.

While Kobe led all players in rebounds with Gasol, KG, Odom and others on the same court. That is a testament of his greatness, to grab the most rebounds with those same rebounding machines.

riseagainst
06-17-2015, 04:30 PM
While Kobe led all players in rebounds with Gasol, KG, Odom and others on the same court. That is a testament of his greatness, to grab the most rebounds with those same rebounding machines.

gasol grabbed 18 rebounds....
:facepalm

HurricaneKid
06-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Anyone that thinks he was single covered is a dolt.

Strongside help awaiting him any time he had the ball all series.

Nuff Said
06-17-2015, 04:38 PM
gasol grabbed 18 rebounds....
:facepalm
Got eem!

LAZERUSS
06-17-2015, 04:41 PM

Exactly.

I wonder which idiot started that nonsense on this board.

And when Lebron drove into the lane the Warriors collapsed their entire defense on him (and fouled him far more than what was called)...and when he passed to wide open teammates like Smith or Shumbert...shots clanking off the side of the backboard, or air balls.

No one had more defensive attention than Lebron did the ENTIRE series.

hawke812
06-17-2015, 07:10 PM

That's just normal basketball defense. Someone should always be there for "help" defense.

Iggy was defending him man to man for the most part. Why else did he win FMVP:coleman:

LAZERUSS
06-17-2015, 07:15 PM
That's just normal basketball defense. Someone should always be there for "help" defense.

Iggy was defending him man to man for the most part. Why else did he win FMVP:coleman:

Iggy and Draymond Green defended Lebron along with help defense, especially in the lane, the entire series.

And yes, Iggy did an outstanding job on Lebron...holding him to 36-13-8.

hawke812
06-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Exactly.

I wonder which idiot started that nonsense on this board.

And when Lebron drove into the lane the Warriors collapsed their entire defense on him (and fouled him far more than what was called)...and when he passed to wide open teammates like Smith or Shumbert...shots clanking off the side of the backboard, or air balls.

No one had more defensive attention than Lebron did the ENTIRE series.

It was just Iggy keeping in front of Lebron most of the series. How many uncontested shots did he have going into game 6, about 8? What was his efficiency against Iggy?

They gave the FMVP to ONE player mainly for their defensive effort against Lebron James, not the Warriors defense:lol

LAZERUSS
06-17-2015, 07:21 PM
It was just Iggy keeping in front of Lebron most of the series. How many uncontested shots did he have going into game 6, about 8? What was his efficiency against Iggy?

They gave the FMVP to ONE player mainly for their defensive effort against Lebron James, not the Warriors defense:lol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

They gave it to Iggy simply because he played on the WINNING TEAM. And had two voters cast their votes for Lebron, it would have been LBJ winning that FMVP.

BTW, Curry didn't receive ANY votes...and DESERVEDLY so. He had a couple of good quarters in the entire series (and when the Warriors had already built a lead....like the 3rd quarter of last night...when he did nothing)...and was shut-down in the first three games by a two-bit D-Leaguer who will probably not make a roster next year.

hawke812
06-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Iggy and Draymond Green defended Lebron along with help defense, especially in the lane, the entire series.

And yes, Iggy did an outstanding job on Lebron...holding him to 36-13-8.

What do you mean "in the lane"?. Players have to be "actively" defending a player or it's a violation.

You are talking about a "defensive scheme" and I am talking about an individuals defensive performance against Lebron:confusedshrug:

SexSymbol
06-17-2015, 07:49 PM
LeBron in 07
LeBron in 13
LeBron in 15

the end.