PDA

View Full Version : What if Lebron avgs 40 ppg but still goes 2/6...

Bobcats2013
06-05-2015, 02:19 AM
What will the haters say about him then?

navy
06-05-2015, 02:20 AM
They are haters, what do you expect?

Done_And_Done
06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Probably 2/6

BigBoss
06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Empty stats.....2 for 6

Heavincent
06-05-2015, 02:22 AM
Lebron's legacy is already set in stone. Everything else is just gravy at this point. I don't even like Lebron, but that's just the truth.

Lebron23
06-05-2015, 02:23 AM
First Finals MVP on a losing team since Jerry West.

Magic 32
What if Lebron lose?

I guess we have to step into that uncharted territory when we get to it.

Bobcats2013
Has a player ever avged 40 ppg in the playoffs and still ended up losing?

Magic 32
06-05-2015, 02:25 AM
First Finals MVP on a losing team since Jerry West.

He is the Jerry West of the 21 century.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-05-2015, 02:27 AM
He'll move up to 8th all-time for me. Needs more rings/FMVPs to hit 6th/7th.

Alamо
06-05-2015, 02:28 AM
He is the Jerry West of the 21 century.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--abtphzbP--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/196fuarapyylmgif.gif

COnDEMnED
06-05-2015, 02:28 AM
Career failure. Nothing short of 5/9 will keep him out of the top 10. Keep that conditioner handy LeBronie ponys. Silky smooth mane.

SouBeachTalents
06-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Has a player ever avged 40 ppg in the playoffs and still ended up losing?

Believe it or not it's happened twice in the Finals. Baylor in '62 and Barry in '67 both averaged 40 ppg and lost

RRR3
06-05-2015, 02:34 AM
Wilt was 2/6 too. :confusedshrug:

LeBron should be 3/6 (2011) but this year last year and 07 were outside of his control.

sportjames23
06-05-2015, 02:35 AM

What can one say? 2/6 is 2/6.

Inferno
06-05-2015, 02:35 AM
Lebron's legacy is already set in stone. Everything else is just gravy at this point. I don't even like Lebron, but that's just the truth.

^^

scandisk_
06-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Dominant run but falls short? RESPECT MAN. RESPECT

RRR3
06-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Dominant run but falls short? RESPECT MAN. RESPECT
He hasn't been dominant. But he's arguably played harder than he ever has. (2012 was the last time he was this aggressive)

Young X
06-05-2015, 02:44 AM
How he plays doesn't matter. It's all about winning/losing at this point of his career. Nobody cares about stats. If the Cavs lose people will find ways to criticize him no matter how well he plays.

scandisk_
06-05-2015, 02:50 AM
How he plays doesn't matter. It's all about winning/losing at this point of his career. Nobody cares about stats. If the Cavs lose people will find ways to criticize him no matter how well he plays.

Doubt it, If he continues playing like this he would get mad respect from most of the fans. Trolls don't count, they're the same guys posting the same BS every friggin time. Me and my buds are not fans of Lebaldo by anymeans but what he's doing right now (regarldless if he wins or lose) just elevates his legacy. Just stay away from the MJ comparison, dats rat poison.

Pacquiao
06-05-2015, 02:51 AM

Set in stone? losing and losing every finals is so embarrasing

Kvnzhangyay
06-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Set in stone? losing and losing every finals is so embarrasing

Not really if he plays at a high level

Young X
06-05-2015, 03:13 AM
Doubt it, If he continues playing like this he would get mad respect from most of the fans. Trolls don't count, they're the same guys posting the same BS every friggin time. Me and my buds are not fans of Lebaldo by anymeans but what he's doing right now (regarldless if he wins or lose) just elevates his legacy. Just stay away from the MJ comparison, dats rat poison.He'd get respect from people like you and me but in the grand scheme of things his level of play doesn't really matter especially if they lose. The only thing he's judged on now is winning rings.

Kvnzhangyay
06-05-2015, 03:23 AM
He'd get respect from people like you and me but in the grand scheme of things his level of play doesn't really matter especially if they lose. The only thing he's judged on now is winning rings.

Thats not how most fans view it

Like most fans don't view KD/CP3/etc as losers

SexSymbol
06-05-2015, 03:25 AM

LeBron should be 3/6 (2011) but this year last year and 07 were outside of his control.

Is that because he choked in so far two of those thee years? Stupid excuses.

COnDEMnED
06-05-2015, 03:27 AM

KD still has time, but every sane fan sees CP3 as a career loser. Like Bronie without the rings.

plowking
06-05-2015, 03:31 AM

Lebron, Kobe, MJ, etc are in a category of their own.

You can't just get away with being great. You have to win.

Is it fair? No. But it is the way things are, and have been. I'll always appreciate how well they play and understand the odds are against them at times, and perfection cannot happen, but, people just want the best to win.
People didn't care that Detroit was a far more talented team than Chicago at one point. They just wanted Jordan to win despite everything against him.
Same goes here. The majority of us know GSW are more talented, but regular fans don't care.

Gotta win to be respected in American sports. It has always been the case. We've seen far worse players getting celebrated over better ones, simply due to winning a championship.

Young X
06-05-2015, 03:36 AM

Like most fans don't view KD/CP3/etc as losersMost fans view CP3 as a loser.

KD will be labeled as one if he doesn't win in the next couple of years.

There's a certain point in every great players career where winning is the only thing that matters. KD will be at that point going forward. People know how great he is, now it's just about winning.

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2015, 03:41 AM
LeBron's team is clearly outmatched here. Without Kyrie, their odds just went from slim to none. All you can hope for now is that he goes down swinging hard. Leave everything out there.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-05-2015, 03:44 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: what?

VengefulAngel
06-05-2015, 04:05 AM
The fact is that he needs to play every game like game 6 against Boston, if they still lose, they still lose.

EwingMan
06-05-2015, 07:03 AM

they'll say that kerr let him get his points

Blue&Orange
06-05-2015, 07:14 AM
That jordan would average 50ppg if he had single coverage with the spacing today game have, and he would not disappear\choke in the finals minutes\OT like Lebron did yesterday.

When was the last time Lebron didn't airballed in the finals?

INDI
06-05-2015, 07:33 AM

Cmon man if your gonna say he should've won in 2011 then you should also say he should've lost in 2013. Remember the whole 6 points in 30 seconds thing? The kawhi missed free throws and the bosh back tap to Allen thing all in under 30 seconds thing?!?!?!?!?!

If you can't tell I'm still in disbelief:facepalm

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 07:37 AM
lebron is the modern day wilt. physically dominant has unbelievable stats but sucks in the playoffs.

Dresta
06-05-2015, 07:48 AM

That just ins't true at all. Several of the 07 games were very close, and Cleveland only lost because Bron put in one of the worst finals performances of all time.

Last year wasn't really out of his control either - her cramped up in the pivotal moment, which if he hadn't, Miami would've been up 2-0 and had a good chance of winning.

You can't give credit to a man for the finals he wins and then take them away for the one's he loses.

Nor is this year in any way out of his control: he's playing a very good, but very inexperienced team, and when it comes to these situations, then anything could happen (christ, if he'd played better at the end of last night's game they'd be up 1-0 right now). If he put up numbers like MJ in 93 then they have more than a chance.

Magic 32
06-05-2015, 07:50 AM
LeBron's team is clearly outmatched here. Without Kyrie, their odds just went from slim to none. All you can hope for now is that he goes down swinging hard. Leave everything out there.

Clearly. It's not like he could have won game 1 at the end.

Eric Cartman
06-05-2015, 07:54 AM
2/6 is a fact.

6/6>5/7>2/6

masonanddixon
06-05-2015, 08:00 AM
I have him right now in the 30-50 range.

If he suffers another humiliating defeat he'll be closer to the 40-50 range.

aj1987
06-05-2015, 08:01 AM
I have him right now in the 30-50 range.

If he suffers another humiliating defeat he'll be closer to the 40-50 range.
List those 30 players better than LeBron.

You must rank Dirk in the 100's considering '06 and '07 happened.

masonanddixon
06-05-2015, 08:07 AM
List those 30 players better than LeBron.

You must rank Dirk in the 100's considering '06 and '07 happened.

Dirk is obviously better because he's taken horrific teams to the Finals and actually won.

I think the 5th best player on lebron's teams would be better than Dirk's 2nd option.

DMAVS41
06-05-2015, 08:18 AM
That just ins't true at all. Several of the 07 games were very close, and Cleveland only lost because Bron put in one of the worst finals performances of all time.

Last year wasn't really out of his control either - her cramped up in the pivotal moment, which if he hadn't, Miami would've been up 2-0 and had a good chance of winning.

You can't give credit to a man for the finals he wins and then take them away for the one's he loses.

Nor is this year in any way out of his control: he's playing a very good, but very inexperienced team, and when it comes to these situations, then anything could happen (christ, if he'd played better at the end of last night's game they'd be up 1-0 right now). If he put up numbers like MJ in 93 then they have more than a chance.

I agree with some of this.

A few things though:

1. The 07 Cavs had no business beating the 07 Spurs. Yes, it's fair to say Lebron did not play well in that series, but that doesn't change the fact that the 07 Cavs outside of Lebron are probably the worst supporting cast of the modern era to make the finals.

Doesn't mean Lebron played well in the Finals. He didn't. But it does mean acting like he somehow should have won that series is stupid. He could have won 2 games or something, but winning that series was never a possibility.

2. Last night shows just how fragile winning/losing can be in the playoffs....even in a best of 7. If Lebron makes that game winner...the Cavs go to favorites in the series and Kyrie doesn't hurt himself.

Obviously that is asking a lot, but often that is what it takes when you are the underdog. This shit comes down to 1 or 2 plays a lot and that can define the series.

Jordan misses that shot against the Jazz in 98...probably lose the series. Dirk misses a couple of those clutch shots and game winner in 11 in game 2 and the Mavs probably lose. Ray Allen misses that shot and the Heat lose...etc.

So while it's a lot to ask, that miss last night to win was ****ing huge.

3. Without a version of Kyrie about as good as last night...I don't see how the Cavs can win. The Warriors are all time good, especially at home, and I won't say it's over already, but if Kyrie can't go....I just don't see how this happens.

4. People already forget, but that was a better looking Kyrie than we saw pretty much all of the Eastern playoffs. His defense last night was at a level he's rarely, if ever, played. I say this because last night was not the team we saw play in the East. It had their 2nd best player playing at like 95% for the majority of the game. With him, this Cavs team is legit and a real threat. Without him...not much of one imo.

Still think the Cavs win a game or 2, but depending on Kyrie's health...could get bad.

5. Yes, the 14 finals was closer than people remember. The Heat had a real chance to go up 2-0 and if that happens. The Heat are like 80% to win the series and a game 7 would have been likely. The margin for error is so small sometimes in the playoffs...just the way it is.

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 08:25 AM
lebron is the modern day wilt. physically dominant has unbelievable stats but sucks in the playoffs.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

"Sucks" in the playoffs.

Of course, in Wilt's case, he pounded a guy whose team won 11 rings, in their eight post-season series. Then he outplayed another guy who whose teams would go on to win six rings in his career, in their two post-season clashes.

That's why no one here believes that Jordan was worth a damn, either. He went 1-3 against Dumars, for cryingoutloud, and couldn't win a game against Bird.

Thanks. Needed a good laugh this morning.

KembaWalker
06-05-2015, 08:31 AM

You just had to bring up Wilt didn't you :roll:

"Sucks" in the playoffs.

Of course, in Wilt's case, he pounded a guy whose team won 11 rings, in their eight post-season series. Then he outplayed another guy who whose teams would go on to win six rings in his career, in their two post-season clashes.

That's why no one here believes that Jordan was worth a damn, either. He went 1-3 against Dumars, for cryingoutloud, and couldn't win a game against Bird.

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 08:40 AM

"Sucks" in the playoffs.

sorry lol. i dont know much about wilt really... i dont have grand kids.

All i know about wilt was he was a statistical hoe who got whooped frequently by a guy smaller and less athletic then him??

forgive my ignorance.

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 08:46 AM
sorry lol. i dont know much about wilt really... i dont have grand kids.

All i know about wilt was he was a statistical hoe who got whooped frequently by a guy smaller and less athletic then him??

forgive my ignorance.

Yep..."whooped frequently" as in ...

playing in 143 career H2H games, and outscoring this smaller guy in 133 of them, and outrebounding that smaller guy and less athletic (who was a world-ranked high-jumper BTW) by a 92-43-8 margin.

And overall, outscoring him by a 28.7 ppg to 14.5 ppg margin; outrebounding him by a 28.7 rpg to 23.7 rpg margin; and outshooting him from the field by a .497 to .382 margin in those 143 games.

Russell "whooping" Wilt reminds of the famous "Down Goes Frazier" fight, in which Frazier repeatedly battered George Foreman's fist with his face.

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 08:49 AM

Yep..."whooped frequently" as in ...

playing in 143 career H2H games, and outscoring this smaller guy in 133 of them, and outrebounding that smaller guy and less athletic (who was a world-ranked high-jumper BTW) by a 92-43-8 margin.

And overall, outscoring him by a 28.7 ppg to 14.5 ppg margin; outrebounding him by a 28.7 rpg to 23.7 rpg margin; and outshooting him from the field by a .497 to .382 margin in those 143 games.

Russell "whooping" Wilt reminds of the famous "Down Goes Frazier" fight, in which Frazier repeatedly battered George Foreman's fist with his face.

hey go easy on me i dont know all the details exactly.

all i know is that russell won more against wilt then wilt won against russell.

isnt winning the goal in basketball???

or was it stats back then.

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 08:52 AM
hey go easy on me i dont know all the details exactly.

all i know is that russell won more against wilt then wilt won against russell.

isnt winning the goal in basketball???

or was it stats back then.

You mean...

Russell's TEAMS won more against Wilt's TEAMS, right?

Otherwise you would be claiming that Dumars was a greater player than MJ, right?

Hell, Bird must have been light years better than MJ, because Jordan couldn't even win one playoff game against him.

Dro
06-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Dirk is obviously better[/B]
:lol

These haters man, I tell ya..

Anyway, I'm a grownup, not one of these childish haters so I'll still give the man his credit....

Dro
06-05-2015, 08:57 AM
You mean...

Otherwise you would be claiming that Dumars was a greater player than MJ, right?

Hell, Bird must have been light years better than MJ, because Jordan couldn't even win one playoff game against him.
This.....

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 09:01 AM
You mean...

russell must've done something well against one of the most dominant offensive players in nba history though right otherwise wilt wouldve just gone ahead and scored 100 on him. anyway!!! back to lebron.

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
russell must've done something well against one of the most dominant offensive players in nba history though right otherwise wilt wouldve just gone ahead and scored 100 on him. anyway!!! back to lebron.

Just an FYI, Wilt had five games of 50+ against Russell, with a high of 62, in their career H2H's, which included a "must win" playoff game of 50 points (and 35 rebounds.)

Oh, and he had 24 career 40+ point games against him, as well. BTW, how about this...Russell's 40+ point games against Wilt in those 143 career H2H's...ZERO.

And the Russell-supporters have never be able to tell me how he could "let" Wilt slaughter him and his eight-time defending champions in '67, either.

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Just an FYI, Wilt had five games of 50+ against Russell, with a high of 62, in their career H2H's, which included a "must win" playoff game of 50 points (and 35 rebounds.)

Oh, and he had 24 career 40+ point games against him, as well. BTW, how about this...Russell's 40+ point games against Wilt in those 143 career H2H's...ZERO.

And the Russell-supporters have never be able to tell me how he could "let" Wilt slaughter him and his eight-time defending champions in '67, either.

maybe wilt physically was just the better talented player. and russell proved that there is more to winning then just numbers and physical dominance.

Leadership is huge..... didnt russell coach as well?

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
maybe wilt physically was just the better talented player. and russell proved that there is more to winning then just numbers and physical dominance.

Leadership is huge..... didnt russell coach as well?

Look up Russell's coaching record after his Celtic career. I probably could have coached those stacked Celtic rosters to titles, too.

NZStreetBaller
06-05-2015, 09:27 AM
well there really is no way of telling if russell sucked without his team or wilt would do well with them. so lets just leave it as it is. russell 11 wilt 2

LAZERUSS
06-05-2015, 09:34 AM
well there really is no way of telling if russell sucked without his team or wilt would do well with them. so lets just leave it as it is. russell 11 wilt 2

Nope.

Russell's TEAMS 11, and Wilt's TEAMS 2.

The better player? Probably the one that held a 7-2 First Team All-NBA margin in their 10 seasons in the league together.