PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think the Cavs won't have a chance??

sundizz
05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
against the Dubs.

Dubs are my squad but I am legit scared to face Cavs in the finals. Any team that is tailor built to a superstar (and a generational one at that) always has a chance.

Both teams are built perfectly the supplement their respective superstars.

Curry can't do everything; he's small, frail and a pg. However, he has era defining level of shooting. It is crazy people think he isn't "insert XYZ" because he clearly is. There has never ever been a player that does what he does, and it not even really very close. He drops 30 points with such ease. If he had an Iverson or Kobe mentality he could easily average 37+ ppg in the playoffs (due to increased shots + time spent on the floor).

He needs a solid team around him to succeed. He has it. Swiss army knife players that can do everything but score consistently. On other teams these guys would be barely mentioned. On the Dubs his scoring hides their deficiencies and creates enough openings for them to score reasonably. People that can't see the amount of offense he creates for them are wearing blinders. Him simply being out there attracts so much attention.

Cavs on the other hand came together very randomly (and luckily tbh) but perfectly support Bron. He needs people that are complacent being three point shooters. Moreso, not just complacent, but thrive in taking threes and have the cajones to take them whenever they want. He has a beast offensive rebounder to clean up messes and a beast at the rim interior defender. Their only weakness is the bench. Right now Kyrie is an X factor. His play does not directly mesh with Bron, but it is good for them to have someone that can give Bron a breather. This team is built reminiscent of the Dwight Orlando team that went to the finals.

Going to be a much better matchup than people think. My prediction, Dubs 4-2.

Foster5k
05-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Curry can't do everything.
Stopped reading after this.

navy
05-25-2015, 04:41 PM
West >>>> East

G0ATbe
05-25-2015, 04:43 PM
If a rich mans LeBron in Harden can't even pick up a single win against them, LeBald wont either. Only way Cavs steal some games is if Kyrie returns to Kybie form all series, meaning multiple 40+ point games. Warriors defense will have Bald on lockdown.

Rose'sACL
05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
If a rich mans LeBron in Harden can't even pick up a single win against them, LeBald wont either. Only way Cavs steal some games is if Kyrie returns to Kybie form all series, meaning multiple 40+ point games.
this. i am so confident that i am sure that if this doesn't happen then my friend GOATbe will never post on this forum again.

Lebron23
05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
If a rich mans LeBron in Harden can't even pick up a single win against them, LeBald wont either. Only way Cavs steal some games is if Kyrie returns to Kybie form all series, meaning multiple 40+ point games. Warriors defense will have Bald on lockdown.

I love to see your reaction after LeBron Derrick Rose'd Stephen Curry.

SpaceJammeR
05-25-2015, 04:59 PM

u seriously need to stop posting.

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 05:18 PM

I think putting LeBron on Curry would not only result in Curry still doing his thing but would just make LeBron work that much harder on defense. Curry will go off ball and run around for 20 seconds through Reggie Miller-esque picks until open. If LeBron somehow finds the lateral quickness to stay with Curry and stop the three point bombs, he will be in Cramp City in like 60 seconds.

I don't see much hope for Cleveland to win this other than LeBron going GOAT. With a healthy Kyrie I'd give a slight chance, but with a gimpy one? Curry will dominate the PG position. Thompson is superior in every way to any SG the Cavs will run out there. LeBron is the best in the world, but the gap between him and Barnes/Iggy is less than the gap between Curry and Gimpy Kyrie/Delly. Green is a better version of TT. Bogut is a better version of Mozgov. The Warriors bench is superior, especially the way Livingtson has been playing.

For Cleveland to win, LeBron will have to do what he's doing to the Hawks + some.

Sarcastic
05-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Who thinks they don't?
They're probably gonna win it, and they were the preseason favorites as well, so Vegas thinks they have a good shot.

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Will take a Man of Steel caliber performance from LeBron to do this ... Warriors are stacked. Cleveland was too before their injuries to their next two best players. LeBron will have to face a good man defender in Iguodala too.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Only idiots don't think the cavs have a chance

Doranku
05-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Will take a Man of Steel caliber performance from LeBron to do this ... Warriors are stacked. Cleveland was too before their injuries to their next two best players. LeBron will have to face a good man defender in Iguodala too.

LeBron owns Iggy's soul.

29/7/7 on 52% against his teams with a 22-8 W/L. Iggy is chump change compared to Kawhi.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-25-2015, 05:52 PM
They're going to beat the Warriors. :confusedshrug:

PWB15
05-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Only idiots don't think the cavs have a chance

Oh please, they Cavs were closed to being down 3-1 to a Bulls team that is not as good as the warriors

Lebron23
05-25-2015, 05:53 PM
LeBron owns Iggy's soul.

29/7/7 on 52% against his teams with a 22-8 W/L. Iggy is chump change compared to Kawhi.

Jimmy Butler is LeBron's best defender.

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2015, 05:56 PM
True but he's still a quality defender, and has length. Jimmy Butler is definitely proven to be the best man to man defender on LeBron, then Leonard, then telling him to eff himself and shoot wide open jumpers.

😈

Alamо
05-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Oh please, they Cavs were closed to being down 3-1 to a Bulls team that is not as good as the warriors

That doesn't mean shit. Is this your first year watching basketball?

Done_And_Done
05-25-2015, 05:58 PM
It can go either way. The Warriors have the deeper team but it's difficult to count out a motivated Lebron who's vying to deepen his legacy.

inclinerator
05-25-2015, 05:58 PM
LeBron owns Iggy's soul.

they does everyone talk abou kawhi when jimmy butler does the best against lebron

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2015, 05:59 PM
they does everyone talk abou kawhi when jimmy butler does the best against lebron
Seriously. LeBron didn't look near as bad in last years Finals as he did against Jimmy Butler this year.

PWB15
05-25-2015, 06:00 PM
That doesn't mean shit. Is this your first year watching basketball?

It doesn't mean anything at all:confusedshrug:

Doranku
05-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Because that's who he faced in the finals the last two years...? :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
05-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Lebron would average over 30 ppg vs. Warriors.

sundizz
05-25-2015, 06:04 PM
I think the Warriors best hope is the Cavs lack of discipline actually.

If the Warriors execute well this is the one team that has players that can have mental lapses (e.g., JR, Shump, Bron, Tristan, Mozgov, etc) - actually their entire roster basically.

This should result in at least a few threes of broken plays. The Grizz were initially hard for the Dubs because they allowed almost none of these broken play threes.

I think that the best way to guard Bron will be like they did with Zach - put Barnes on him and then send the double if he tries to do anything beside a fadeaway. Barnes is surprisingly strong. It works well also because Barnes is a poor weakside defender and the rest of the Dubs like Dray, Curry, etc are excellent weak side defenders + good at recovering to their man.

They've also shown an excellent ability to make the worse offensive player on the floor into a shooter (Tony Allen, and Josh Smith). If they can get Mozgov, or TT to try and score a lot it will be an easy series.

Let's be honest though this is why Bron is so good. His ball handling and game management are better than almost anyone in history. He makes his team play a certain way, even when he is sucking. This is the reason that the team overall plays so well. He controls pace, timing, sets, etc. This is hard for players like Kyrie to get used to initially because that is also what they do (in a much worse way than him). Once they get used to it they have worse stats, but end up playing a more winning style.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Who thinks they don't?
They're probably gonna win it, and they were the preseason favorites as well, so Vegas thinks they have a good shot.

Did you miss Love and Kyrie getting injured? :roll:

They are heavy underdogs at this point... do they win with those 2? Yeah, probably.

Sarcastic
05-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Did you miss Love and Kyrie getting injured? :roll:

They are heavy underdogs at this point... do they win with those 2? Yeah, probably.

Kyrie is coming back for finals. Vegas has them at 21/10 to win it. Warriors are favorite, but this wouldn't be like Buster Douglas/Tyson or Miracle on Ice type of upset.

Inferno
05-25-2015, 06:45 PM
As long as LeBron's on the Cavs, they stand a chance. Kyrie's playing anyways, and it looks like Cavs are fine with TT starting over Love. :confusedshrug:

dubeta
05-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Warriors will EASILY win, I dont see the point of even watching the finals tbh, will be a cakewalk for them.

No excuses.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Kyrie is coming back for finals. Vegas has them at 21/10 to win it. Warriors are favorite, but this wouldn't be like Buster Douglas/Tyson or Miracle on Ice type of upset.

We don't even know in what state Kyrie is.. through the Bulls series he's been more of a detriment than help, hoping this will change.

As long as LeBron's on the Cavs, they stand a chance. Kyrie's playing anyways, and it looks like Cavs are fine with TT starting over Love. :confusedshrug:

just take your asterisk and roll with it

oh the horror
05-25-2015, 06:48 PM
IMO I think they have a great chance.

Lebron knows what needs to be done. And he has veterans on his squad.

Golden state is a bit younger. I can see them folding under the pressure of being "the favorites"

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2015, 06:50 PM
LOL @ both the cowardly LeBron stans and Warrior fans attempting to temper expectations in order to make excuses if either party doesn't win.

Kids today are truly pathetic. Just like the players they stan, and teams they root for ...

Warriors are stacked, and won 67 games. Feature the league's "MVP"

LeBron stans desperately need to make an excuse as not to taint his legacy if he looses in yet another Finals. Even though the road there was cupcake, and he still has a very talented team if Kyrie is back out there.

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 07:03 PM

He's going to have to. I think that there is a chance the Cavs win, but they are heavy underdogs. It can all change in 1 or 2 games though. If Bron comes out and balls to his highest capabilities from the onset... then they could beat them. Shooters miss because of mental pressure imo.

So, Bron has to put them on their heels. Spoon feeding his own shooters shouldn't be a huge issue. They have so many wet guys, they can just put in the people who are hitting, but if Curry goes cold I don't think they can beat Cle. So, yeah, if Bron wants to man up and check Steph that's gonna be interesting.

Also darkhorse that Delly can get in Curry's head. I just hope he does it without being a **** and trying to injure him. I'd like to see Curry get roughed up a bit just to see how he reacts, though. I dunno if he has that championship mentality... but GSW is a beastly team.

-Smak