PDA

View Full Version : How do the Clippers get any better from here?

JerrySeinfeld
05-19-2015, 05:21 AM
A sizeable chunk of that roster is on the decline...

CP3, Matt Barnes, Reddick (who played AWFUL in game 7), and Big Baby are all getting worse. They have no legit backup PG since trading Bledsoe. DeAndre Jordan is a much overhyped defender who isn't worth 20M a year.

Their team overall has very low potential. Guys like Rivers and Hawes are not good assets to have.

I just don't see it for the Clippers.... If I'm them I just let DeAndre walk, trade CP3 for available draft picks, and build young around Griffin... Maybe save the cap space from letting Jordan walk for 2015 after a year of tanking and go after Leonard or Durant.

JerrySeinfeld
05-19-2015, 05:25 AM
Trade CP3 to the Knicks for the 1st overall pick, trade the pick down and draft Stanley Johnson and WCS

:bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
05-19-2015, 05:28 AM
WCS is coming with us to Sacramento. No ifs or buts.

CarlosBoozer
05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Both Rivers need to be literally thrown into a river, find a decent coach/gm and role players, they desperately need a good SF and backup PG, keep Blake/Cp3

L.Kizzle
05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Hit there shots.

Games 5-7, Clippers roles players were terrible in JJ, Barnes, Crawford and Doc's seed.
Meanwhile ... Ariza, Brewer, Terry and Smith were the opposite from games 3-4.

I<3NBA
05-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Ditch Doc and Austin, ditch everyone besides CP3 and Blake. They can get something for Jordan.

Fallen Angel
05-19-2015, 07:24 AM
Trade CP3 to the Knicks for the 1st overall pick, trade the pick down and draft Stanley Johnson and WCS

This isn't 2K nerd

Pushxx
05-19-2015, 08:48 AM
They either go into next season with a similar team, or they trade one of their best players for depth. They don't have the cap space to do much else.

sportjames23
05-19-2015, 09:37 AM
It's just a mental issue with the Clippers. They have the tools and talent to win it all now. No ****ing way they should've lost to the Rockets, especially in Game 6. When they choked away Game 6, that was it for them. They checked out of the series then.

kshutts1
05-19-2015, 09:40 AM
I say do minor re-tooling around the big 3 and Doc. The role players seemed to be the issue. Can probably find some cheap/minimum contract type guys that can fill the necessary gaps.

If the Clippers feel the need to make a big change (big 3 or Doc gone), then Paul is the guy. He and Blake have the most value, and Blake really seems like he's ready to make the leap. If CP3 is traded, and I disagree with that, but if he is then the Clippers should look in to a starting caliber PG, a backup big, a pick or two, and a SF, in that order.

I would say something like... Hill, Miles, David West and two first round picks? That's pretty terrible... Teague, Carroll, Antic and a pick? Also terrible. Yeah. Just keep the same team and re-tool.

fiddy
05-19-2015, 09:44 AM
blow it up

ISHGoat
05-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I say do minor re-tooling around the big 3 and Doc. The role players seemed to be the issue. Can probably find some cheap/minimum contract type guys that can fill the necessary gaps.

If the Clippers feel the need to make a big change (big 3 or Doc gone), then Paul is the guy. He and Blake have the most value, and Blake really seems like he's ready to make the leap. If CP3 is traded, and I disagree with that, but if he is then the Clippers should look in to a starting caliber PG, a backup big, a pick or two, and a SF, in that order.

I would say something like... Hill, Miles, David West and two first round picks? That's pretty terrible... Teague, Carroll, Antic and a pick? Also terrible. Yeah. Just keep the same team and re-tool.

Lmao that would be highway robbery. Hawks wouldnt even do teague + carroll for cp3

Patrick Chewing
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Replace Jordan with Gasol.

Mawly-G
05-19-2015, 09:49 AM

Then who would run the point? This would be a death sentence for the Clippers.

jzek
05-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Go to the East.

Derka
05-19-2015, 10:00 AM
They've got the pieces they need as far as players go; those players just didn't execute. Jamal Crawford is one of the best bench scoring threats in the League and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Blake Griffin's killer numbers don't attest to the fact that Houston's defense effectively neutralized him on offense in the 2nd half several times. To me...that's a failing on Doc's part for not having a strategy to make adjustments; Doc definitely got outcoached.

And one more thing...DeAndre Jordan needs to lock himself in a room and master free throws just as soon as f*cking possible. Get up into the high 70% range and Hack A Jordan is no longer a viable strategy. Put the work in, son.