PDA

View Full Version : The Cleveland Cavaliers are driving the NBA Playoff ratings

J Shuttlesworth
05-16-2015, 06:50 PM
http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/the-cleveland-cavaliers-are-driving-the-nba-playoffs-ratings-engine.html

[QUOTE]Just like when LeBron James was with the Miami Heat, his new/old team the Cleveland Cavaliers are proving to be a ratings draw in the NBA Postseason. As the Cavs advance into the Eastern Conference Final against Atlanta, TNT has to be salivating over the potential for some high ratings.

When Cleveland [B]closed out its series with Chicago on Thursday, ESPN averaged an audience of 6.6 million viewers which is the second highest for the 2015 NBA Playoffs. The most-watched game of the playoffs-to-date was Game 4 of the Bulls-Cavs series last Sunday which drew 6.9 million viewers. In fact, the Bulls-Cavs series drew four of the five highest audiences of this year

warriorfan
05-16-2015, 07:00 PM
How many people watched Golden State?

J Shuttlesworth
05-16-2015, 07:02 PM
How many people watched Golden State?
Not sure. I don't think people like watching Memphis though :lol I think Golden State vs. Clippers would get great ratings though.

Here's what I found on GSW vs MEM though:

[QUOTE]After showing some signs of momentum, the NBA Playoffs fell back into its downward trend Wednesday.

nbaplayoffsGame 5 of the Grizzlies/Warriors NBA playoff series drew 4.7 million viewers on TNT Wednesday night, down 6% from Blazers/Spurs last year (5.0M) and down 10% from Grizzlies/Thunder in 2013 (5.3M).

Of the 61 NBA playoff telecasts through Wednesday, the Warriors

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Conference Finals in the West should be better. Not sure about Conference Finals in the East, despite LeBron's draw power.

jimmy77x
05-16-2015, 07:51 PM
You do realize that people are tuning in to watch lebron lose right? But I guess no matter the reason, ratings are ratings.

DonDadda59
05-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Stars drive ratings. This isn't some new revelation. Looks like that 'new hero ball' campaign the NBA tried to use to make up for the lack of star power in this year's playoffs worked like a charm. :oldlol:

inclinerator
05-16-2015, 08:41 PM
You do realize that people are tuning in to watch lebron lose right? But I guess no matter the reason, ratings are ratings.
not really, the average sport watcher outside of these boards doesnt hate lebron

edrick
05-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Curry is the face of the league, huh? :roll:

coin24
05-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Maybe because the playoffs have been boring as fu*k so far. Plus people tuned in to see the Bulls win, obviously disappointed..:lol

Rose'sACL
05-16-2015, 09:55 PM
San Francisco+oakland and LA are big markets. I am sure that if clippers and warriors make it then wcf willl have really good ratings.

oarabbus
05-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Not good to hear that ratings are overall down from last year though

Hoopz2332
05-16-2015, 10:09 PM

:oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
05-16-2015, 10:30 PM
The playoffs have been nowhere near as good as last season.

Personally, I don't find Lebron all that entertaining. He might be the best player in the league, but he lacks charisma and I find his game to be good, but boring somehow.

jimmy77x
05-16-2015, 10:34 PM
The playoffs have been nowhere near as good as last season.

Personally, I don't find Lebron all that entertaining. He might be the best player in the league, but he lacks charisma and I find his game to be good, but boring somehow.

Bran one of the most boring "Superstars" in nba history.

Taller than CP3
05-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Clippers/Warriors will have good ratings. Big markets, plus exciting to watch. What more can you ask for.

I think Rockets/Warriors will produce high ratings as well because of Harden and Howard. James Harden is a household name now due to all of those Taco Bell commercials.

JohnFreeman
05-16-2015, 11:04 PM

tomtucker
05-17-2015, 01:35 AM
You sure it was not the Bulls who were driving the NBA Playoff ratings ?

Batzman
05-17-2015, 01:38 AM
This is not news. Lebron James is currently the leagues top draw. Derrick Rose is also a huge ratings draw and has been for years, it's no surprise to me that this series has done exceptionally well.

imdaman99
05-17-2015, 01:53 AM
It had a lot to do with Rose too. For some reason, the city of Chicago lives through him and the intrigue was probably the highest it's been since 2011.

tomtucker
05-17-2015, 03:26 AM
Lots of bulls fans all over the US and the rest of the world too..........fans of the cavs ? not bloody likely

Straight_Ballin
05-17-2015, 03:30 AM
not really, the average sport watcher outside of these boards doesnt hate lebron

Negative. "The Decision" was watched by many and ever since then, the average sports watcher hates lebron and tunes in for him to fail.

J Shuttlesworth
05-17-2015, 03:40 AM
Negative. "The Decision" was watched by many and ever since then, the average sports watcher hates lebron and tunes in for him to fail.
LeBron didn't even make the top 10 Forbes most disliked athletes this year. Kobe, on the other hand, did :lol

bdreason
05-17-2015, 03:44 AM
Good luck, Atlanta.

Straight_Ballin
05-17-2015, 03:48 AM
LeBron didn't even make the top 10 Forbes most disliked athletes this year. Kobe, on the other hand, did :lol

Because they want Kobe to dominate the league forever and are upset. 5/7 is good... 2/5 is not.

coin24
05-17-2015, 03:57 AM

Solid evidence :applause:

Btw that's a lot of posts for an alt. you pretend to be objective (like a pauk alt) but your Lebald di.ck slurping f@ggotry shines straight through..

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 08:39 AM

Blue&Orange
05-17-2015, 09:32 AM
When Cleveland closed out its series with Chicago on Thursday, ESPN averaged an audience of 6.6 million viewers
6.5 million were disappointed.

But he did make it to the forbe's top10 steroid balding NBA players.

Prometheus
05-17-2015, 10:03 AM

I travel a lot, and I can assure you that this is not true. He has his supporters, but people from all over the world hate LeBron James.

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 11:15 AM
I travel a lot, and I can assure you that this is not true. He has his supporters, but people from all over the world hate LeBron James.

Every popular person has haters but he's in no way hated like the Kobe and Arod's of the world.

This is after lebron made his first "Decision" (2010)

Kobe Bryant is still more unlikable than LeBron James

[quote]For a long time, people loved LeBron James. Totally loved him in a non-platonic way (for the most part). At the same time, Kobe Bryant has been one of the most hated players in the NBA for the past few seasons. But it is funny how a summer can change things.

Now, after LeBron's decision and "The Decision," more and more people dislike LeBron James. Whether they think he's a coward, a jerk or just has a bad beard, the LeBron James train has less and less people enjoying its complimentary peanuts. And while LeBron has been busy making people angry, Kobe has been enjoying a great run that has seen him win an Olympic gold medal and two straight titles while staying out of headlines for anything bad. The tables have turned.

[Photos: See NBA star LeBron James in action]

Or so you'd think. But according to Q Scores revealed by CNBC's Darren Rovell, some things will never change.

In January 2010, The Q Scores Company took a poll of the general population and found that 24 percent of people thought of James in a positive light, compared to a 22 percent negative opinion.

Henry Schafer, executive vice president of the company, told CNBC that the average sports personality has a 15 percent positive score and a 24 percent negative score.

"LeBron's positive score at that time was the highest we had ever seen it," Schafer said.

But since "The Decision" show on July 8, things have gone seriously downhill for the NBA star.

LeBron's Q Score today?

Schafer says that now only 14 percent of the general population see him as a positive figure, a 41.6 percent drop, while 39 percent view him in a negative light, a 77 percent decline.

In fact, LeBron is now the sixth most disliked sports personality, according to The Q Score Company, behind Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco and Kobe Bryant.

[Rewind: Did LeBron James really hurt his brand?]

[b]It's close, and actually Kobe is more well-liked

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 11:16 AM
LeBron James' reputation among Americans almost back to pre-Decision level, according to poll - ESPN (2014)

LeBron James is coming back, not only to Cleveland but back into the public's favor.

According to a poll taken this month by California-based E-Poll, Americans like James more than they ever have since he made the "Decision" to leave the Cavaliers for the Miami Heat four years ago.

The company takes the opinions of 1,100 people, ages 13 and up that reflect a representative sampling of the U.S. population, in a poll and uses that data to give the more than 8,000 celebrities in its database an E-Score ranging from 0 to 100, with 100 being the most known, liked and appealing.

This month, James scored an 80, up from 67 just a year before. In June 2010, James had an E-Score of 84, but after "The Decision" that number fell to 47.

"He has been on a roller coaster, with all the peaks and valleys you'd expect," E-Poll's president and CEO Gerry Philpott said. "I think the loss to the Spurs actually helped him, made him look more human, and then his coming back to Cleveland, and the way he did it, did even more to change how people viewed him. I think a big part of that was how deep he went on admitting why his original decision wasn't handled right."

Philpott said James' comeback fits the format of other celebrities, who, for whatever reason, are disliked by the public.

"I think [that] much of the public feels like he's done his time," Philpott said.

James' highest E-Score was 87 in January 2010, a mark Philpott thinks he can top.

Said Philpott: "He probably won't get to 100, like [Michael] Jordan did, but I think he can get into the 90s before he retires."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11276787/lebron-james-reputation-americans-almost-back-pre-decision-level-according-poll

jimmy77x
05-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Solid evidence :applause:

Btw that's a lot of posts for an alt. you pretend to be objective (like a pauk alt) but your Lebald di.ck slurping f@ggotry shines straight through..

Right :lol Look at these bran stans trying to come up with every bs article they can claiming everyone doesn't hate their fraud. When in reality more people hate that POS more than likes. You'll have to excuse the fatass loser bran stans, their world revolves around Hand lotion, a computer and Lehgh.

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Right :lol Look at these bran stans trying to come up with every bs article they can claiming everyone doesn't hate their fraud. When in reality more people hate that POS more than likes. You'll have to excuse the fatass loser bran stans, their world revolves around Hand lotion, a computer and Lehgh.

u :mad: ?

Megabox!
05-17-2015, 12:22 PM
:cry: salty post of the week

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 12:33 PM
:cry: salty post of the week

:oldlol: they cant live with the fact that Kobe is hated with the likes of Arod and LBJ isn't.

ILLsmak
05-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Bran one of the most boring "Superstars" in nba history.

Because he's coasting most of the time.

-Smak

jimmy77x
05-17-2015, 01:29 PM
:oldlol: they cant live with the fact that Kobe is hated with the likes of Arod and LBJ isn't.

Im not even a kobe fan :lol i just know bran is a pos human being and a cuddled baby back bitch. More people hate him than like him. I know it hurts you to know everyone doesn't want to ride brans jolly rancher d**k all day like you but just except it.

Hoopz2332
05-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Im not even a kobe fan :lol i just know bran is a pos human being and a cuddled baby back bitch. More people hate him than like him. I know it hurts you to know everyone doesn't want to ride brans jolly rancher d**k all day like you but just except it.

http://i.imgur.com/o7tVdj5.png

This is after lebron made his first "Decision" (2010)

Kobe Bryant is still more unlikable than LeBron James

For a long time, people loved LeBron James. Totally loved him in a non-platonic way (for the most part). At the same time, Kobe Bryant has been one of the most hated players in the NBA for the past few seasons. But it is funny how a summer can change things.

Now, after LeBron's decision and "The Decision," more and more people dislike LeBron James. Whether they think he's a coward, a jerk or just has a bad beard, the LeBron James train has less and less people enjoying its complimentary peanuts. And while LeBron has been busy making people angry, Kobe has been enjoying a great run that has seen him win an Olympic gold medal and two straight titles while staying out of headlines for anything bad. The tables have turned.

[Photos: See NBA star LeBron James in action]

Or so you'd think. But according to Q Scores revealed by CNBC's Darren Rovell, some things will never change.

In January 2010, The Q Scores Company took a poll of the general population and found that 24 percent of people thought of James in a positive light, compared to a 22 percent negative opinion.

Henry Schafer, executive vice president of the company, told CNBC that the average sports personality has a 15 percent positive score and a 24 percent negative score.

"LeBron's positive score at that time was the highest we had ever seen it," Schafer said.

But since "The Decision" show on July 8, things have gone seriously downhill for the NBA star.

LeBron's Q Score today?

Schafer says that now only 14 percent of the general population see him as a positive figure, a 41.6 percent drop, while 39 percent view him in a negative light, a 77 percent decline.

In fact, LeBron is now the sixth most disliked sports personality, according to The Q Score Company, behind Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco and Kobe Bryant.

[Rewind: Did LeBron James really hurt his brand?]

It's close, and actually Kobe is more well-liked — according to Steven Levitt at Q Scores, Kobe's positive score of 16 and negative score of 40 are close to LeBron's scores of 14 and 39 — but people still dislike Kobe more than LeBron. All is right with the world and nothing has changed. Well, except that a whole lot of people dislike LeBron James right now. That part has changed, for sure.

[Photos: See NBA star Kobe Bryant on and off the court]

Not to mention, the extent to which people dislike LeBron James is kind of amazing. They dislike him so much that it's affecting how much they like his new teammates. As Rovell notes, both Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade have seen their positive scores fall and their negative scores rise. Makes sense, and it's good to see that LeBron is already changing the culture of basketball in Miami.

On the other hand, after a great two year run, this proves that there's really nothing Kobe Bryant can do that will make him well-liked to fans. It doesn't seem like he minds that, at all, but it's still interesting that changing teams like LeBron did kills his popularity while becoming one of the biggest winners in the NBA has had no effect on most people's view of Kobe. I don't think that's a problem for the Mamba, but I do think that's a problem for LeBron and it might be tough for him to realize that championships don't equal adulation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kobe-Bryant-is-still-more-unlikable-than-LeBron-?urn=nba-269606

now to 2013

Kobe Bryant, World Peace among top 10 disliked athletes

Kobe Bryant, World Peace among top 10 disliked athletes
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
February 6, 2013 11:12 am ET

It's funny, because we are disliked and yet play for the most popular team on the planet. (Getty Images)

Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant and Metta World Peace made the list of the top 10 most-disliked athletes in the world, according to the N-score measure taken yearly by Nielsen and E-Poll, via Forbes.com. The poll is limited to active athletes.

MWP came in with just 21 percent of the public's support, landing sixth on the list. Bryant came in with 27 percent, at No. 10. They are the only two NBA players on the list, which is headlined by Manti Te'o and Lance Armstrong, along with such athletes as Tiger Woods, Michael Vick, Kurt Busch, and Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

Notably absent from the list?

LeBron James.

James spent the past two years on the list after "The Decision," but after his public image makeover, which featured a new publicist, an NBA title run, and an Olympic gold medal, it would appear the public has forgiven him for his numerous PR gaffes. Winning helps, as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/21655652/kobe-bryant-metta-world-peace-among-top-ten-most-disliked-athletes-in-poll

whereas LBJ is retuning to pre-Decison glory/love even before he made his 2nd "Desicion" to retutn to the Cavs

Poll: LeBron James Passes Michael Jordan As Most Popular Male Athlete (2014)

LeBron James can say, for at least the next year, that he has overtaken Michael Jordan. James was the most popular American male athlete in a recent Harris Poll, according to ESPN.com. Findings were based on a representative sample of 2,241 people polled last month, and Jordan topped the list last year. This is the first time that James — who recently signed a two-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers — took the top spot as America’s most popular male athlete. The polling actually was done before James and the Miami Heat lost in the NBA Finals and before James decided to return to Cleveland as a free agent. James fell out of the top 10 the last time he was a free agent, as his “Decision” soured some public opinion of him. Here’s the rest of the top five for male athletes. 1. LeBron James 2. Michael Jordan 3. Derek Jeter 4. Peyton Manning 5t. Kobe Bryant/Dale Earnhardt Jr. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady checked in at No. 7 on the list. Tennis star Serena Williams topped the list of female athletes, followed by NASCAR driver Danica Patrick at No. 2.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/poll-lebron-james-overtakes-michael-jordan-as-most-popular-male-athlete/

Draz
05-17-2015, 01:54 PM
I didn't even care for this season. The hype for Miami was insane. If it topped that then dam.