PDA

View Full Version : 2010 LeBron and 2007 Dirk are the only MVP winners in the last 10 years to not

DMV2
05-16-2015, 06:08 AM
make the conference finals.

Stephen Curry is a legit MVP. A true superstar and the greatest shooter of all-time. if there was any doubt anymore.

The kneejerk reaction after Game 3 was fcking hilarious. A bunch clowns on ISH. :oldlol:

aj1987
05-16-2015, 06:21 AM

Stephen Curry is a legit MVP. A true superstar and the greatest shooter of all-time. if there was any doubt anymore.

The kneejerk reaction after Game 3 was fcking hilarious. A bunch clowns on ISH. :oldlol:
He's playing with the DPOY runner up, a possible All-NBA and All-Def team member, an All-Def C, and an elite defender and a possible All-Def member off the bench. Replace Curry with either Durant (healthy) or LeBron and that team beats the '96 Bulls' record.

Bringing up Dirk's and LeBron's teams is just stupid. They both were playing on much inferior teams.

DMV2
05-16-2015, 06:27 AM
He's playing with the DPOY runner up, a possible All-NBA and All-Def team member, an All-Def C, and an elite defender and a possible All-Def member off the bench. Replace Curry with either Durant (healthy) or LeBron and that team beats the '96 Bulls' record.

Bringing up Dirk's and LeBron's teams is just stupid. They both were playing on much inferior teams.
Gotta bring them up though cuz a bunch of folks here questions Curry's MVP legitimacy.

ImKobe
05-16-2015, 06:29 AM

:biggums:

Bogut wasn't healthy during all of regular season and Curry produced at an all-time level

24/4/8 with 3.1 turnovers per game in 32.7 mpg on 49/44/91 shooting...I don't think Durant or Lebron would have made the team that much better, maybe KD would have made them even deadlier because he would give you that similar kind of shooting. Current Lebron would have made that team worse with his medicore shooting and high turnover rate.

Plus, who cares about winning 70+ games when you got the best record in the league, that's all you need to win a chip. I'm sure Warriors could have won 70+ games if Curry and Klay played more minutes in some games.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-16-2015, 06:49 AM

Bogut wasn't healthy during all of regular season and Curry produced at an all-time level

24/4/8 with 3.1 turnovers per game in 32.7 mpg on 49/44/91 shooting...I don't think Durant or Lebron would have made the team that much better, maybe KD would have made them even deadlier because he would give you that similar kind of shooting. Current Lebron would have made that team worse with his medicore shooting and high turnover rate.

Plus, who cares about winning 70+ games when you got the best record in the league, that's all you need to win a chip. I'm sure Warriors could have won 70+ games if Curry and Klay played more minutes in some games.

I think Bogut just being healthy the whole season would of been enough to win 70+ games. Curry and Klay playing more minutes in addition to that would of had them winning 75+.

aj1987
05-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Bogut missed what? Like 15 games? And no, Curry's shooting is at an all-time level, but not his entire game. Calling this an all-time great season? :facepalm

Kobe and LeBron alone have 15+ combined seasons better than the one Curry just had. Heck, Kobe alone probably has like 10 seasons better than current Curry's.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
Elite defenders (DPOY level in fact) at almost all position. Elite shooters. That's a team tailor built for LeBron. Do you even know what the **** you're talking about? Stop being salty.

:wtf:

They played few minutes in games which were blowouts. They sat down several 4th Q's because of that. Hence the fewer minutes. If you honestly believe that LeBron doesn't make this team, then you don't know anything about basketball.

Gotta bring them up though cuz a bunch of folks here questions Curry's MVP legitimacy.
What does being the MVP have anything to do with the Playoffs? The MVP is a RS award. That being said, Curry definitely deserves the MVP. Top 5 player in the league and led his team to the #1 seed.

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2015, 08:10 AM

So just because LeBron can't give them exactly what Curry gave them, he makes them worse? :lol :facepalm

ISH

NBASTATMAN
05-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Can't hate on this guy... Dude is a beast... :bowdown:

Def the best offensive player in the game until Durant is better...

Spurs5Rings2014
05-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Why are Heat fans still stanning Bran, doe?

:oldlol:

Definition of beta.

rzp
05-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Current Lebron would have made that team worse with his medicore shooting and high turnover rate.

Wow, talking like LJ is trash.

:facepalm

nathanjizzle
05-16-2015, 10:27 AM
dirk has had 7 first round exits, you cant really expect that much from dirk as far as going deep into the playoffs.

edrick
05-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Curry did his thing, but lets not forget that Tony Allen was injured during game 4, I believe. People are always quick to point out that such and such were injured when it comes to Lebron, so yeah. One of the best perimeter defenders being injured was a help to GS being able to score.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Curry did his thing, but lets not forget that Tony Allen was injured during game 4, I believe. People are always quick to point out that such and such were injured when it comes to Lebron, so yeah. One of the best perimeter defenders being injured was a help to GS being able to score.

Grizz win this series if Allen isn't injured, IMO.

edrick
05-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Grizz win this series if Allen isn't injured, IMO.

Can't ignore that Conley played injured as well, and missed game 1.

DMAVS41
05-16-2015, 02:53 PM
dirk has had 7 first round exits, you cant really expect that much from dirk as far as going deep into the playoffs.

3 of those came since 11...when Dirk has been old and lost to the Thunder (made finals), Spurs (won it all...Mavs took them to 7...nobody else did), and the Rockets.

Not only that, but I already destroyed you on this by posting how Dirk played in those other 4 series...which was overall fantastic outside of 07.

Please go back to stanning a player that hasn't come close to beating a real team in his playoff career.

Straight_Ballin
05-16-2015, 03:01 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/3783720-lol.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-16-2015, 03:28 PM
I think Bogut just being healthy the whole season would of been enough to win 70+ games. Curry and Klay playing more minutes in addition to that would of had them winning 75+.
Steph and Klay didnt play more minutes b/c they sat out many 4th quarter blowouts. The games they lost they werent good enough to win has nothing to do with minutes b/w them

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Dirk carried a bunch of scrubs and a garbage coach to the same number of wins as Steph with by far the most talented and deep team in the league. Steph has 5 players on his team better than Dirks 2nd option!!! Bogut, Draymond, Klay, Iggy and Lee. 3 allworld defenders the best at their positions outside Iggy. Klay is one of the best PG defenders, Livingston is a great defender and hes a play that would start on alot of teams. Harrison is a good defender. Lee would start on most teams. Kerr is a top 5 coach he proved his merit against Memphis with the adjustments he made. Dirk was a much stronger regular season MVP its not close