PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Billy king close to an extension with the nets

ISHGoat
05-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Well deserved. Probably the GOAT gm. Rebuilt three franchises (celtics, blazers, hawks) within a short span.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/5/5/8553041/zach-lowe-serious-rumblings-of-a-billy-king-contract-extension

Legends66NBA7
05-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Sucks for their fans.

game3524
05-05-2015, 02:27 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Derka
05-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Billy was instrumental in the rebuilding efforts of the Celtics, so he deserves...

Oh. To stay the Nets' GM? LOL, okay whatever.

Levity
05-05-2015, 02:31 PM
if anyone was to trade for Tony Parker, it would be non other than the King :bowdown:

Lensanity
05-05-2015, 02:33 PM
How the hell do GM's have such amazing job security? A GM is more important than a coach yet coaches get hired and fired left and right. GM's get to keep their position as long as they want and even the worst GM in the league can continuously count on making 7 figures every single year.

bluechox2
05-05-2015, 02:44 PM
executive of the decade

sd3035
05-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Right up there with Isaiah Thomas and MJ

r0drig0lac
05-05-2015, 03:28 PM
nets fans
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/fmc.gif

salwan
05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Basketbolero
05-05-2015, 03:37 PM
I am sure there is something this guy is really good at. I just can't figure out what it is for the life of me.

ISHGoat
05-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I am sure there is something this guy is really good at. I just can't figure out what it is for the life of me.

Blackmail

LosBulls
05-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Well deserved. Probably the GOAT gm. Rebuilt three franchises (celtics, blazers, hawks) within a short span.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/5/5/8553041/zach-lowe-serious-rumblings-of-a-billy-king-contract-extension
http://www.pamelaokyere.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3340660-2523466256-11834.jpg

jimmybball
05-05-2015, 04:11 PM
nets fans
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/fmc.gif
:lol

Styles p
05-05-2015, 10:14 PM
he's amazing at spending other peoples money.

LA_Showtime
05-05-2015, 10:17 PM
There are only two people in the world who thinks Billy King is good at his job. Those two people are Billy King and Prokhorov. WHY?!

I<3NBA
05-06-2015, 01:39 AM
just because you have a million dollars in a candy store doesn't mean you need to blow all of it on candies.

fk this guy.

DDensity
05-06-2015, 02:50 AM
How the hell do GM's have such amazing job security? A GM is more important than a coach yet coaches get hired and fired left and right. GM's get to keep their position as long as they want and even the worst GM in the league can continuously count on making 7 figures every single year.

GMs get to make coaches the ultimate scapegoat. It's never their fault, it's the coach they fired or the players who under performed.

Knicksfever2010
05-06-2015, 02:53 AM
Remember when the Nets put this up 5 years ago

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/files/2015/02/bill.jpg

morbius
05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
In King's defence we should mention that he was mostly doing just what the owner wanted from him. He built a closest thing to a contender he could for the move to the new home. He also managed to cut some of the cost this year and still make the playoffs. He drafted decently and a couple of players are developing nicely.

Not saying he's a good GM, but he could have done worse.

wang4three
05-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Bring back Rod Thorn

hawksdogsbraves
05-06-2015, 06:34 PM
In King's defence we should mention that he was mostly doing just what the owner wanted from him. He built a closest thing to a contender he could for the move to the new home. He also managed to cut some of the cost this year and still make the playoffs. He drafted decently and a couple of players are developing nicely.

Not saying he's a good GM, but he could have done worse.

I agree somewhat that it wasn't all his fault. He was under strict orders to build a contender and he went all out. Fell (far) short but I guess you have to go big or go home.

Everyone lauded the D-Will trade at the time, thought it was a complete steal next to the Melo deal. Nobody thought injuries and a beta mentality would kill his career.

Same with the Garnett/Pierce trade, when that happened just about everyone thought they were a real contender.

He did **** up the Joe Johnson trade though, that was all a huge mistake from the start, (thank god for it though :cheers: ).

That being said they are in god awful shape for the next few years, not good enough to compete for more than an 8 seed and without any picks to tank. He certainly didn't do a good job with putting together a championship team.

Plus he ****ed up with Kidd so hard, ran a great young coach he originally hired out of town in only one year.

So yeah, he had a tough task set before him, and I'm not sure that anyone could have succeeded with it, but at the end of the day he did 100% fail.

Extending him makes no sense, their only real hope is to get some contracts off the books in a year or two and convince some big time FA's to be the face of NYC, but that ain't going to happen as long as he's running the show.

Big Cheese
05-06-2015, 06:50 PM
I agree somewhat that it wasn't all his fault. He was under strict orders to build a contender and he went all out. Fell (far) short but I guess you have to go big or go home.

Everyone lauded the D-Will trade at the time, thought it was a complete steal next to the Melo deal. Nobody thought injuries and a beta mentality would kill his career.

Same with the Garnett/Pierce trade, when that happened just about everyone thought they were a real contender.

He did **** up the Joe Johnson trade though, that was all a huge mistake from the start, (thank god for it though :cheers: ).

That being said they are in god awful shape for the next few years, not good enough to compete for more than an 8 seed and without any picks to tank. He certainly didn't do a good job with putting together a championship team.

Plus he ****ed up with Kidd so hard, ran a great young coach he originally hired out of town in only one year.

So yeah, he had a tough task set before him, and I'm not sure that anyone could have succeeded with it, but at the end of the day he did 100% fail.

Extending him makes no sense, their only real hope is to get some contracts off the books in a year or two and convince some big time FA's to be the face of NYC, but that ain't going to happen as long as he's running the show.

I understand being pressured to building a contender right away, but he was absolute shit with negotiating and getting value for his assets.

a lottery pick for an expiring declining gerald wallace? :roll: