PDA

View Full Version : When is the earliest the conference semi's could start?

enayes
04-26-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm waiting to start my free 2-weeks of SlingTV so I can watch all the TNT action.

When could the conf. semi's start?
Will they all start together?
Is the date already set or will it change depending on the length of each series?

enayes
04-26-2015, 12:43 AM
:lol

bump

Eric Cartman
04-26-2015, 12:50 AM
As soon as the Hawks finish their series against the Nets, like 2 days after that.

enayes
04-26-2015, 01:15 AM
As soon as the Hawks finish their series against the Nets, like 2 days after that.

seems like a made up answer :coleman:

7secondsorless
04-26-2015, 01:28 AM
I think the NBA must have changed some of the playoff format because I think last year (or maybe the year before?) I remember seeing some round 2 games running at the same time as some of the game 6/7's of round 1 (not like the next day, but on the same day or even the day before...)

Eric Cartman
04-26-2015, 01:34 AM
seems like a made up answer :coleman:

That's because it is.

Eric Cartman
04-26-2015, 01:41 AM
I think the NBA must have changed some of the playoff format because I think last year (or maybe the year before?) I remember seeing some round 2 games running at the same time as some of the game 6/7's of round 1 (not like the next day, but on the same day or even the day before...)

For example:

If the West finish up their series quickly and the East go 6/7 games on theirs, the NBA will start the next round in the West.

But, it would not be the case if it's in the same conference. Let's take this year, if Cavs and Bulls finish up their series quickly, they can't play each other until the Atlanta-Brooklyn series is done.

As you can see by my answer above, yeah I'm kind of winging it here, but it is the truth.

enayes
04-26-2015, 01:47 AM
For example:

If the West finish up their series quickly and the East go 6/7 games on theirs, the NBA will start the next round in the West.

But, it would not be the case if it's in the same conference. Let's take this year, if Cavs and Bulls finish up their series quickly, they can't play each other until the Atlanta-Brooklyn series is done.

As you can see by my answer above, yeah I'm kind of winging it here, but it is the truth.

But shouldn't the teams that sweep or win in 5 games earn a break?

it would seem unfair to have say GS and Memphis start their potential match-up without getting the rest that they earned

MMM
04-26-2015, 09:34 AM
I believe The Warriors are off until next weekend so even if all the first round series are completed by Tuesday it seems the 2nd round will start next weekend.

jbryan1984
04-26-2015, 11:24 AM
No earlier than May 2. No later than May 4.