PDA

View Full Version : Mavs screwed themselves over so bad trading for Rondo.......

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Ruined their season. They were on pace to be a historical offense and they dropped off so hard

Pushxx
04-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Ruined their season. They were on pace to be a historical offense and they dropped off so hard

Yeah, Jameer Nelson wasn't as atrocious as the Mav's bench, and they made their bench even worse by trading for Rondo.

Plus Carlisle's style, Rondo's style, and Ellis's Style don't match.

Imtheman
Rondo is a CANCER AND HE'S OVERRATED. HE WAS CARRIED BY KG AND PAUL PEIRCE IN HIS CELTIC DAYS.

navy
Offense wasnt sustainanable. They just had an easy scedule.

However like I've said, Rondo hasnt been good since his acl injury.

DMAVS41

I can assure you that Jameer Nelson wasn't enough. Agree that a different trade was a better idea, but Nelson and Wright had to go.

daily
04-19-2015, 12:14 AM
The Mavs front office has a way with screwing up a perfectly good thing.

RightTwoCensor
Jameer Nelsen would have been good for this series to start over Rondo. He could defend Terry and Brewer (and probably Ariza).

WELP. Too bad, so sad.

imnew09
Parson and Monta were trash tonight tho :facepalm

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:15 AM
"Buh-buh-buh-buh-but playoff Rondo doe! :cry: "

:roll:

navy
04-19-2015, 12:15 AM

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Said this in the GT, but I personally think he is overrated. Average finisher, bad free throw shooter, bad mid range shooter and his assists are some of the worst I've seen in-terms of actually finding the open man.

The Boston Big 3 along with Doc made this guy. Period.

keep-itreal
04-19-2015, 12:18 AM

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Lol I'm so sick of hearing that overrated bitch get his dick sucked for getting his broke ass jumper having ass carried by three legends and one game where he could actually hit a wide open shot ( the Heat gave him like 12 feet to shoot). As if he purposefully is pretending to be trash but will suddenly become a stud in the playoffs

DMAVS41
04-19-2015, 12:19 AM
And really this team was screwed when we signed Parsons to that deal. He's been even worse than I thought he'd be.

Ariza and IT would have made this team a real contender. Would have made a different trade as well... So no need for Rondo.

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Said this in the GT, but I personally think he is overrated. Average finisher, bad free throw shooter, bad mid range shooter and his assists are some of the worst I've seen in-terms of actually finding the open man.

The Boston Big 3 along with Doc made this guy. Period.
"Bad" FT shooter is putting it kindly. He's worse than Wilt and Shaq currently.

Kargo
Rondo has almost nothing to do with their struggles,everything starts with Monta,one of the worst,most undersized defenders in the league,a SG that wants the ball in his hands all the time and can't be effective withou 25 shots a game.

Add to that an incredibly overpriced,soft SF that can't shoot, and you have a dysfunctional starting line up.

They have zero chemistry...Dirk/Terry/Kid/Marion/Chandler had more chemistry than the cast of Friends.

ABfor3
He's been exposed since the Big 3 left Boston, he needs to be in the right system to make an impact. Dallas isn't the right system for him

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:21 AM
And really this team was screwed when we signed Parsons to that deal. He's been even worse than I thought he'd be.

Ariza and IT would have made this team a real contender. Would have made a different trade as well... So no need for Rondo.
Dirk was scoring at will though so that's something

imdaman99
04-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Lol I'm so sick of hearing that overrated bitch get his dick sucked for getting his broke ass jumper having ass carried by three legends and one game where he could actually hit a wide open shot ( the Heat gave him like 12 feet to shoot). As if he purposefully is pretending to be trash but will suddenly become a stud in the playoffs
Exactly. He dominated terrible PGs in the playoffs in the East. West is a different animal.

Pushxx
04-19-2015, 12:22 AM

I dunno Rondo was one of 4-5 players that played well for the Mavs. He should have played more than 27 minutes. He played better defense than all other Mavs guards.

Also Rondo deferred to Ellis and Parsons too much for ISOs when both were sucking dick.

The Mavs have no spot-up shooters and Rondo does not fit with Carlisle or Ellis.

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:23 AM
Exactly. He dominated terrible PGs in the playoffs in the East. West is a different animal.
Most overrated PG of all time

FaceBack
04-19-2015, 12:24 AM
If he took 40 shots you all would be drooling. Carried the big three after their first playoff run.

keep-itreal
04-19-2015, 12:27 AM
He's been exposed since the Big 3 left Boston, he needs to be in the right system to make an impact. Dallas isn't the right system for him

yeah a system with 3 hall of famers :roll: :roll:

navy
04-19-2015, 12:33 AM
Well look, Rondo has been terrible post acl, but let's not overreact here. He was still good. And ive never been a fan of his.

game3524
04-19-2015, 12:34 AM

And the those Celtic's offense were still nothing to write home about.

Rondo is the prefect example why you have to actually watch games and not look at the boxscores.

RRR3
04-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Worst player of all time tbqh

coin24
04-19-2015, 12:40 AM

And everyone is sick of you whining about everything u bandwagon piece of shit..
Log off and work on losing your virginty

coin24
04-19-2015, 12:41 AM

Sounds like the Lebald system

el_locoteee
04-19-2015, 12:42 AM

There were in pace for and historical bad defense, and lost all the big games before Rondo Trade, now they are also as bad on offense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-19-2015, 12:42 AM

Rondo is the prefect example why you have to actually watch games and not look at the boxscores.
Yeah when Rondo got handed the keys to the offense i think Boston was like one of the 3 worst offenses in the league but the best on defense. The success of those Cs was always on KGs leadership and monstrous defense

Pushxx
04-19-2015, 12:48 AM

Yeah how Rondo single-handledly beat the Cavs and Magic in 2010, and almost single-handedly beat Miami in 2012.

Celtics were toast without Rondo carrying the hell out of them in 2009, 2010, and 2012. It's not even debatable: Rondo became the Celtics best player the day KG shredded his knee in against the Jazz in February of 2009.

The only reason why Rondo couldn't do it in 2011 is because dirty D-Wade ****ing broke Rondo's arm.

game3524
04-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Yeah how Rondo single-handledly beat the Cavs and Magic in 2010, and almost single-handedly beat Miami in 2012.

Celtics were toast without Rondo carrying the hell out of them in 2009, 2010, and 2012. It's not even debatable: Rondo became the Celtics best player the day KG shredded his knee in against the Jazz in 2009.

The only reason why Rondo couldn't do it in 2011 is because dirty D-Wade ****ing broke Rondo's arm.

09-10-15th
10-11-18th
11-12-27th
12-13-24th

That were the Celtics rankings in terms of offensive efficiency when Rondo became the "best player on the Celtics". And this ratings happened when he was still playing with really good offensive players in Pierce, Ray, and KG.

Dude can't run an above average offense to save his life.

Genaro
04-19-2015, 12:55 AM
I just hope Lakers don't go after him. I would find it disastrous.

Pushxx
04-19-2015, 12:59 AM
09-10-15th
10-11-18th
11-12-27th
12-13-24th

That were the Celtics rankings in terms of offensive efficiency when Rondo became the "best player on the Celtics". And this ratings happened when he was still playing with really good offensive players in Pierce, Ray, and KG.

Dude can't run an above average offense to save his life.

Who cares about the regular season?

Celtics were like 44-11 before losing KG in 2009. After that, the Celtics were steaming dog shit in the regular season every year.

hawksdogsbraves
04-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Sounds like the Lebald system

Yeah excetp LeBald was one of the three HoFers

Rondo was just a glorified Chalmers getting carried

LA_Showtime
04-19-2015, 01:12 AM
I would give him the reigns and tell Ellis and Parsons to get out of his way.

ProfessorMurder
04-19-2015, 07:25 AM
The amount of hate he gets is absurd.

Best player on a contender in 2010 and 2012. Won playoff series. Led the league in assists... But he was carried by hall of famers.

Destroys his acl and still leads the league in assists with scrub teammates... But he was statpadding.

Played games with a broken arm and got a triple double on a torn acl... But he's a cancer.

People blamed him for Doc and Ray leaving. Ray is a confirmed bitch, i.e. the Pierce interview last week, and Doc wanted to bail. Rondo organized team events and helped rookies out... But he's a bad teammate.

Gets traded mideseason to a team he doesn't fit with, that already had chemistry issues, in a tough conference, with no bench. He improves their defense and their offense drops a bit. They make the playoffs and he took over in the second last night. Parsons and Ellis shoot 30%... But it's all Rondo's fault :rolleyes:

Yeah he might not be elite anymore, but for f*ck's sake, chill out.

CarlosBoozer
04-19-2015, 07:39 AM

Best player on a contender in 2010 and 2012. Won playoff series. Led the league in assists... But he was carried by hall of famers.

Destroys his acl and still leads the league in assists with scrub teammates... But he was statpadding.

Played games with a broken arm and got a triple double on a torn acl... But he's a cancer.

People blamed him for Doc and Ray leaving. Ray is a confirmed bitch, i.e. the Pierce interview last week, and Doc wanted to bail. Rondo organized team events and helped rookies out... But he's a bad teammate.

Gets traded mideseason to a team he doesn't fit with, that already had chemistry issues, in a tough conference, with no bench. He improves their defense and their offense drops a bit. They make the playoffs and he took over in the second last night. Parsons and Ellis shoot 30%... But it's all Rondo's fault :rolleyes:

:applause:

r0drig0lac
04-19-2015, 07:40 AM

Yeah he might not be elite anymore, but for f*ck's sake, chill out.word

StephHamann
04-19-2015, 07:44 AM
Rondo is worse than Hitler.

YouGotServed
04-19-2015, 07:50 AM

Didn't read. Rondo is a cancer. Been saying it for years.

Wally450
04-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Didn't read. Rondo is a cancer. Been saying it for years.

:facepalm read the quote then dumbass, he makes great points.

YouGotServed
04-19-2015, 08:10 AM
:facepalm read the quote then dumbass, he makes great points.

No. I watched Rondo stink it up last night, and dude hasn't done anything to impress me post big 3 era. I don't need to read anything. His game speaks for itself. Cancer, period.

salwan
04-19-2015, 08:12 AM

/thread

IGOTGAME
04-19-2015, 08:42 AM

thank god someone gets it...

creepingdeath
04-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Keeping Rondo >>> keeping Ellis
Playing rotations with both on the floor has been a disaster, mostly.

CelticBaller
04-19-2015, 08:43 AM
He mad :oldlol:

CelticBaller
04-19-2015, 08:46 AM

Based Rondo takes the fault for everything. My boy ball like Jesus :applause:

bagelred
04-19-2015, 09:15 AM
He's been overrated for a while now, but now everyone is aware of it. I wonder how much money he'll get this offseason. (please not the Knicks).

4 Inches
04-19-2015, 09:23 AM
But you suck Mario Chalmer's dick at every opportunity so keep on watching box scores trying to be a known knowledgeable poster you 1st class f.uckboy.

DMV2
04-19-2015, 09:27 AM
I doubt Nelson and the third stringer was would have made a difference.

StephHamann
04-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Rajon Rondo: team-worst minus-25 in 27 minutes

playoffs Rondo doe

DMAVS41
04-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Keeping Rondo >>> keeping Ellis
Playing rotations with both on the floor has been a disaster, mostly.

Yep.

I thought they could make it work together, but clearly they can't.

Ellis has really disappointed me for a while now. His effort and his constant complaining is really annoying.

Have to criticize Dirk a bit here on that front as his complaining has reached a whole new level and it clearly trickles down to the team.

Parsons/Ellis feel empowered to complain a lot because of it and that is largely on Dirk in my opinion.

It's easy to sit here and say what a team should or shouldn't have done, but I'm pretty pissed right now about this whole Parsons thing. People aren't realizing how that was the catalyst for making the Rondo trade in the first place.

We had absolutely no perimeter defense with Nelson and Crowder isn't good enough to play big minutes on a team that wins the title.

If we had signed Ariza and another player for Parsons money we would have been so much better.

Seriously...imagine this team with IT as the 6th man and a starting lineup of Harris/Ellis/Ariza/Dirk/Tyson

Now, that is before you make a trade. We had to move Wright because we weren't keeping him and we could have gotten another vet other than Nelson because we wouldn't have needed a pg.

We could have made a trade for another big or perhaps another defensive guard.

While defense is important, the NBA seems to be trending in a way that the best defense honestly really is a good offense that doesn't turn it over a lot and just scores and gets to the ft line. Making an offense inbound the ball really might be as important as anything to having a good defense.

So while I won't sit here and blame Parsons for everything, I did call this last summer. He's not a 16 million dollar a year player. There are too many games and spurts during a game in which he makes absolutely no impact on the court. We needed 3 and D out of his position...someone that doesn't need the ball. That was Ariza...

I don't know why everyone thought we needed to make drastic changes from last year. Calderon is probably the worst defensive guard in the league and we pushed the Spurs to 7 with him. Running out IT/Harris/Barea/Ellis and potentially a good 3 and D backup sg would have been just fine with Ariza/Aminu playing the 3. That would have allowed Ellis to play his game and with IT in there he could take all the shots he wanted...

You could have closed games with IT/Ellis/Ariza/Dirk/Tyson...could luck stopping that with 3 elite 3 points shooters and Ellis's ability from mid range and on the attack.

Now this team is, yet again, going to look drastically different next year. And while I've supported most of what Cuban/Nellie Jr. have done post 2011, this year has been more of the same from the 00's...poor signings for players that don't really address what we need or overpaid guys that aren't as good as their contracts.

Sucks because I really like what Aminu, Harris, Barea, Dirk, Amare, and Tyson bring to the table for this team. You really do have 6 legit playoff players right there when they can play their optimal role. You need like 3 to 4 more guys...obviously one of them is Parsons and he isn't going anywhere. So we have to figure out what to do.

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Some accurate Rondo tweets:

Rajon Rondo doesn't get enough credit for masking his decline by being a huge dick to everyone

This playoff Rondo thing isn't working for the Mavs

lol

CelticBaller
04-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Some accurate Rondo tweets:

Rajon Rondo doesn't get enough credit for masking his decline by being a huge dick to everyone

This playoff Rondo thing isn't working for the Mavs

lol
Like Monta Ellis is

There's a reason why Coaches never pick him to be in the all star game

Lensanity
04-19-2015, 11:16 AM
I became a huge Rondo hater back when peoe started calling him a top 5 point guard. He was never even close to being that good. One of the most overrated players of the last decade. All you have to do is take away Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett and Rondo is fvcked because he can't shoot or carry a team offensively. All he did was statpad his assists literally more than any player in the history of the NBA after it became his team.

Lol at Wright, Crowder and 2 1st round picks for Rondo. What a horrible trade.

theaussieguy
04-19-2015, 11:25 AM

this, ish has the worst memory. I remember back int he day he would often be the player to get the Big 3 through a series, even when they were supposed to be carrying him. The entire team knew it as well as did most people on ISH, he was an absolute stud.

mans1ay3r
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
I feel like there will always be an issue with Ellis + superstar PG. :confusedshrug:

Harison
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Best player on a contender in 2010 and 2012.

No, he wasnt. Those Celtics were relevant entirely because of their defense, hint - Rondo wasnt anchoring it. What he was anchoring - average offense, even though he had help of 3 HOFers.

If you already forgot how great Celtics defense was and who was responsible for it:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308314

Giaodollo
04-19-2015, 11:41 AM

Celtics were toast without Rondo carrying the hell out of them in 2009, 2010, and 2012. It's not even debatable: Rondo became the Celtics best player the day KG shredded his knee in against the Jazz in February of 2009.

A point guard that led the team to a below average offensive team every year . Don't kid yourself, Boston was good because of defense and it all started with KG and Pierce.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Rondo needs to do his thing.

Why is carlise to hell bent on calling plays?

Also Monta is trash. He was same in last yr playoffs

Hittin_Shots
04-19-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm not quite sure what the rondo haters want him to do? I've seen them saying he should defer to Ellis and also going off on his statlines which are a result of deferring to Ellis in part. They don't want him to have the keys to the team but he's a player that thrives in that role..

Pointguard
04-19-2015, 12:11 PM

Dallas just isn't the team where he can get his triple doubles. They needed his energy on those Celtic teams. But in Dallas he has to fit into a confined space and do nitch work. It took a while for all of the point guards to fit into their teams when traded mid season. Rondo has a veteran team with players that are comfortable only playing the way they were playing in the earlier part of the year. Rondo spent his career with players playing off of him.

DMAVS41
04-19-2015, 02:35 PM
I became a huge Rondo hater back when peoe started calling him a top 5 point guard. He was never even close to being that good. One of the most overrated players of the last decade. All you have to do is take away Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett and Rondo is fvcked because he can't shoot or carry a team offensively. All he did was statpad his assists literally more than any player in the history of the NBA after it became his team.

Lol at Wright, Crowder and 2 1st round picks for Rondo. What a horrible trade.

Well, Wright and Crowder were not relevant. We had to move Wright and Crowder is worse than Aminu.

They were pretty irrelevant picks as well.

Clearly they could have made a better trade, but it's not like there are many capable rebounding/defending point guards out there...which is exactly what this team needs.

Also, why is Rondo getting hate for last night? He played great. Very good defense and his offense was fine.

It was Ellis, Parsons, and Amare that killed us last night...not Rondo.

RepMe
04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
They looked best last night when the ball wasn't in his hands.

Kidbasketball20
04-19-2015, 02:57 PM
I just hope Lakers go after him. I would find it disastrous.

:applause: :applause:

oarabbus
04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Rondo was a TERRIBLE acquisition. Not because he's overrated or bad - he's pretty damn good.

But they killed Ellis by picking up Rondo