PDA

View Full Version : Remember when people said Marc Gasol was better than Demarcus Cousins?

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 10:21 PM
And that he was an MVP candidate?

:roll:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1611792232/Jags_guy.jpg

Im so nba'd out
03-30-2015, 10:22 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/OoOoo.gif

qrich
03-30-2015, 10:23 PM
I remember two minutes ago

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 10:23 PM
It was dumb all year. Cousins is easily the best center in the game, you put him on any competent franchise with a competent coach (consistently) and a reliable supporting cast, and he's destroying the league. You put Gasol on a garbage team with a dysfunctional front office and he isn't doing shit.

navy
03-30-2015, 10:25 PM
I knew he wasnt an mvp candiate. He's not consistent enough.

As for him vs Demarcus.....cant lie. I would take him over Cousins because of his defense and passing. Of course in the right situation you could turn Cousins into a legit franchise player. Marc Gasol will never be that on his own.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Remember when Team USA selectors nearly took Mason Plumlee over Demarcus Cousins?

Hittin_Shots
03-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Is cousins dominating him in the sac mem game?

navy
03-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Remember when Team USA selectors nearly took Mason Plumlee over Demarcus Cousins?

Politics. They took Derrick Rose and swore he was still good.

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 10:28 PM
I knew he wasnt an mvp candiate. He's not consistent enough.

As for him vs Demarcus.....cant lie. I would take him over Cousins because of his defense and passing. Of course in the right situation you could turn Cousins into a legit franchise player. Marc Gasol will never be that on his own.
Give Cousins a supporting cast as talented as the Grizzlies, a smart front office, and a coach like Joerger.

Put Gasol on the Kings.

Who is the best center in the league?

Kungfro
03-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Is cousins dominating him in the sac mem game?

Seriously, where exactly is this thread coming from?

navy
03-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Give Cousins a supporting cast as talented as the Grizzlies, a smart front office, and a coach like Joerger.

Put Gasol on the Kings.

Who is the best center in the league?
Well like I said, gasol will never be a franchise player, while Cousins has the potential. Cousins was pretty damn good early in the season then he got injured the coach got fired and he returned to cancerous/non winning ways.

ralph_i_el
03-30-2015, 10:30 PM
It was dumb all year. Cousins is easily the best center in the game, you put him on any competent franchise with a competent coach (consistently) and a reliable supporting cast, and he's destroying the league. You put Gasol on a garbage team with a dysfunctional front office and he isn't doing shit.
I don't know man. It seems like the kings situation has driven Cousins crazy. He puts up the #'s but every time I watch him he breaks down and does dumb stuff. Like a couple weeks ago against the Wiz he forces up 3 straight shots (all misses), gets a tech complaining, then comes down and forces up a 4th shot (which everyone in the building knew was coming) and gets a charge and fouls out. Marc Gasol doesn't do that kind of shit. He doesn't put up the big exciting numbers, but I trust him to play team ball.and make good decisions.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Milbuck ladies and gentlemen, greatest poster of all time.after YGS

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Hard to play to win when management keeps ****ing up everything your whole career and finally when you do start winning their 3 best players get injured

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't know man. It seems like the kings situation has driven Cousins crazy. He puts up the #'s but every time I watch him he breaks down and does dumb stuff. Like a couple weeks ago against the Wiz he forces up 3 straight shots (all misses), gets a tech complaining, then comes down and forces up a 4th shot (which everyone in the building knew was coming) and gets a charge and fouls out. Marc Gasol doesn't do that kind of shit. He doesn't put up the big exciting numbers, but I trust him to play team ball.and make good decisions.Cousins was playing just fine in terms of team ball when they had Malone, when the talent around him was performing, etc. Back then early in the season all his anger was "competitive mindset", "intensity", "toughness". People are so willing to trash him when he and his team are down but aren't willing to acknowledge him when he does well.

He definitely has his flaws, particularly how he's prone to letting his emotions/anger cloud his judgement..but I honestly can't blame the guy completely. Any franchise player, no matter how calm, collected..would be frustrated as fvck in his situation.

Hell, even Pau Gasol throws hissy fits and pouts when he isn't treated like the best big man in the game all the time. The Bulls would be waaaay better off not starting him with Noah, but they do it because they know if they didn't, he would be pissed off and pout constantly. But you never hear a single word about it...why? Because he plays for a "contender" with a fantastic coach, a ton of talent around him, and they're winning.
Well like I said, gasol will never be a franchise player, while Cousins has the potential. Cousins was pretty damn good early in the season then he got injured the coach got fired and he returned to cancerous/non winning ways.
Pretty much. All Cousins needs is a good situation. He has his clear flaws but from a talent and ability perspective there is no center on his level. We love to sensationalize Gasol's attitude, his calmness, his intangibles and all that...but what good does that do you if you're on a franchise that A) can't surround you with good talent, B) has a retarded owner, C) has the cluelessness to fire your coach when things are finally looking up.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Trade him to the Spurs.

hiphopfan777
03-30-2015, 10:48 PM
Cousins is garbage. Bad attitute, no playoffs. Marc gasol has been making playoffs the past five years and made western conference finals in 2013.

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Cousins is garbage. Bad attitute, no playoffs. Marc gasol has been making playoffs the past five years and made western conference finals in 2013.You could literally say the exact same thing about Zbo.

Zbo >>>>>>>>>> Anthony Davis

Lebron23
03-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Kevin Love and Anderson Varejao for Demarcus Cousins. Do it Lebron.

AussieG
03-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Cousins needs to win a playoff game.

I'd take Gasol, simply because he is the better fit for the team.

Don't care who MVP is. Was saying the same thing 3 months ago.

Not even Marc cares. That's why he is a good teammate.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2015, 08:35 AM

Demarcus would make that team even better

He would take their offense to the next level while still getting it done defensively

swagga
03-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Cousins needs to win a playoff game.

I'd take Gasol, simply because he is the better fit for the team.

Don't care who MVP is. Was saying the same thing 3 months ago.

Not even Marc cares. That's why he is a good teammate.

didn't you know basketball is about stats? :roll:

cousins is immensely talented but his mental game isn't ready for the playoffs imo. As a talent cousins >>>>>>> gasol. As a player for a championship contender gasol is the better option right now.

ralph_i_el
03-31-2015, 11:27 AM
Cousins was playing just fine in terms of team ball when they had Malone, when the talent around him was performing, etc. Back then early in the season all his anger was "competitive mindset", "intensity", "toughness". People are so willing to trash him when he and his team are down but aren't willing to acknowledge him when he does well.

He definitely has his flaws, particularly how he's prone to letting his emotions/anger cloud his judgement..but I honestly can't blame the guy completely. Any franchise player, no matter how calm, collected..would be frustrated as fvck in his situation.

Hell, even Pau Gasol throws hissy fits and pouts when he isn't treated like the best big man in the game all the time. The Bulls would be waaaay better off not starting him with Noah, but they do it because they know if they didn't, he would be pissed off and pout constantly. But you never hear a single word about it...why? Because he plays for a "contender" with a fantastic coach, a ton of talent around him, and they're winning.
Pretty much. All Cousins needs is a good situation. He has his clear flaws but from a talent and ability perspective there is no center on his level. We love to sensationalize Gasol's attitude, his calmness, his intangibles and all that...but what good does that do you if you're on a franchise that A) can't surround you with good talent, B) has a retarded owner, C) has the cluelessness to fire your coach when things are finally looking up.

I see where you're coming from, and I admire Cousin's fire...but he's been doing this for YEARS. Eventually he needs to calm the **** down. If it takes leaving sactown to do it, he should. The ownership in Sacramento is horrible.