PDA

View Full Version : CP3 is easily the best player and MVP this season

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Would be cray if he got robbed again like in 09. Hes the most complete, two way player. He played better without Blake than Blake did without him and the Clippers are still the best offense despite all the missed games and having much less talent than Golden State. I know nikkas on here want Steph to overtake CP3 cuz they aint like his game but it hasnt happened. Respect the best PG since Magic

Young X
03-29-2015, 02:22 PM
You went too overboard but he should be mentioned in the MVP race.

Clippers were without Blake and Crawford for extended stretches in the toughest part of their season yet he still has them with the 5th best record in the league and as the #1 offense. He's been completely carrying their offense, averaging 21.4/11.5 in the last 22 games. Should be Player of the Month.

SamuraiSWISH
03-29-2015, 02:23 PM
He's on cruise control. Still find him to be the better PG than the guys who owned this season: Westbrook, and Curry.

ImKobe
03-29-2015, 03:06 PM
He'll probably be 5th in voting.

J Shuttlesworth
03-29-2015, 03:13 PM
It's crazy how he has become the most underrated player in the game

BlakFrankWhite
03-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Aldridge has been more VALUABLE to his team..tbh

ShawkFactory
03-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Would be cray if he got robbed again like in 09. Hes the most complete, two way player. He played better without Blake than Blake did without him and the Clippers are still the best offense despite all the missed games and having much less talent than Golden State. I know nikkas on here want Steph to overtake CP3 cuz they aint like his game but it hasnt happened. Respect the best PG since Magic
:biggums:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Aldridge has been more VALUABLE to his team..tbh
http://i.imgur.com/NFixKYx.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tmAsySh.gif

LMA isnt half the player CP is. He has sht on every elite PG this season at least once

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 03:28 PM
:biggums:
Who betta than him:biggums: :biggums:

bizil
03-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Most of the premier PG's in the L are score first PG's or combo style guards. CP3 is the exception and the most complete PG in the L. He's similar to legends such as Magic and Isiah. Which is a pass first PG who ALSO can dominate scoring when its time. For my personal taste, these are my favorite kind of PG's.

BlakFrankWhite
03-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Not saying Aldridge's better...just that he's more valuable

Graviton
03-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Curry has been the clear cut best PG this season, his on court impact is unmatched. Paul doesn't have any argument over him tbh. It's not like with Westbrook where Paul is more efficient, composed, the better passer and ball handler.

Curry is the better scorer, shooter, even MORE efficient on higher volume, just as good a passer/ball handler. Only thing Paul beats Curry at is defense, and that's the least important aspect for a PG. Curry has better numbers in less minutes, higher PER, higher ORPM/DRPM. There is isn't anything you can use to argue Paul over him, even the "eye test" tells you Curry is better. The Warriors offense with him on the court is something else.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Curry has been the clear cut best PG this season, his on court impact is unmatched. Paul doesn't have any argument over him tbh. It's not like with Westbrook where Paul is more efficient, composed, the better passer and ball handler.

Curry is the better scorer, shooter, even MORE efficient on higher volume, just as good a passer/ball handler. Only thing Paul beats Curry at is defense, and that's the least important aspect for a PG. Curry has better numbers in less minutes, higher PER, higher ORPM/DRPM. There is isn't anything you can use to argue Paul over him, even the "eye test" tells you Curry is better. The Warriors offense with him on the court is something else.
CP3 is a better defender at every aspect, better handler, MUCH less turnover prone, makes much less mistakes, understands possessions value better, much better playmaker, much smarter, statistically the best midrange shooter in the league this season. Steph is a better 3pt and foul shooter and prolly finisher (but he has way more weapons around him) thats it

also
Clips ORTG w/o CP3 - 103
w/ CP3 119
+16 w/ him on the court

GS ORTG w/o Steph - 103.5
w/ Steph 116.4
+12.9 w/ him on the court

so w/o they best players they the same offensively but CP takes them to another level on offense. The biggest difference is Steph has a much more talented roster and WAYYYYY more defensive talent. CP would look like prime Payton or Frazier if he was playing alongside 3 of the best defenders in the league in Bogut, Draymond and Iggy. Kerr is also a better coach already than Doc and that Clips ORTG has Blake missing ALOT yet Clips still #1 offense...........

Steph is more creative i can see an argument for him on offense. They the 2 best offensive players in the league for sure. But defense its no contest and thats why CP the best

ShawkFactory
03-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Who betta than him:biggums: :biggums:
Kidd. And Payton. Probably Nash too.

Milbuck
03-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Kidd. And Payton. Probably Nash too.
Peak CP > any version of Kidd, Payton, Nash. There is no PG since Magic better than CP at his best.

Graviton
03-29-2015, 03:54 PM
CP3 is a better defender at every aspect, better handler, MUCH less turnover prone, makes much less mistakes, understands possessions value better, much better playmaker, much smarter, statistically the best midrange shooter in the league this season. Steph is a better 3pt and foul shooter and prolly finisher (but he has way more weapons around him) thats it

also
Clips ORTG w/o CP3 - 103
w/ CP3 119
+16 w/ him on the court

GS ORTG w/o Steph - 103.5
w/ Steph 116.4
+12.9 w/ him on the court

so w/o they best players they the same offensively but CP takes them to another level on offense. The biggest difference is Steph has a much more talented roster and WAYYYYY more defensive talent. CP would look like prime Payton or Frazier if he was playing alongside 3 of the best defenders in the league in Bogut, Draymond and Iggy. Kerr is also a better coach already than Doc and that Clips ORTG has Blake missing ALOT yet Clips still #1 offense...........

Steph is more creative i can see an argument for him on offense. They the 2 best offensive players in the league for sure. But defense its no contest and thats why CP the best

Dawg you use the word "much" too much, there is nothing CP3 is "much" better at than Curry. All the advanced stats prove it.

That "talented roster" couldn't win shit without Curry, he is the one that makes them so stacked. His shooting brings all the defensive players together and makes them deadly as a team. Defense is pointless without the firepower to back it up.

Well that argument can be applied to Magic as well, if "CP3 played with Kareem and James Worthy he would be the GOAT PG". You can't use imaginary situations to boost a player and discredit another. The REALITY is Curry looks like the best PG in the league, and he is what makes Golden State so dangerous 1st and foremost. It's not the role players making Curry look good.

Just feels like you try to discredit every PG that has an argument over Paul every year. Last year it was Westbrook, now it's Curry. Paul is turning 30 soon, you gotta accept him not being the clearcut best no more. And that's ok. He is still in the elite tier either way.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Dawg you use the word "much" too much, there is nothing CP3 is "much" better at than Curry. All the advanced stats prove it.

That "talented roster" couldn't win shit without Curry, he is the one that makes them so stacked. His shooting brings all the defensive players together and makes them deadly as a team. Defense is pointless without the firepower to back it up.

Well that argument can be applied to Magic as well, if "CP3 played with Kareem and James Worthy he would be the GOAT PG". You can't use imaginary situations to boost a player and discredit another. The REALITY is Curry looks like the best PG in the league, and he is what makes Golden State so dangerous 1st and foremost. It's not the role players making Curry look good.

Just feels like you try to discredit every PG that has an argument over Paul every year. Last year it was Westbrook, now it's Curry. Paul is turning 30 soon, you gotta accept him not being the clearcut best no more. And that's ok. He is still in the elite tier either way.
Steph makes GS dangerous on OFFENSE. If u think hes doin the same for they defense u dont know what u talkin bout.......thats what im sayin CP and Steph elevate their offenses to the same level except GS still has the best defense in the league and that has NOTHING to do with Curry.......

ShawkFactory
03-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Peak CP > any version of Kidd, Payton, Nash. There is no PG since Magic better than CP at his best.
I would agree that absolute peak CP3 is better than Payton/Nash but Kidd gives a team so many things, particularly outside of the box score. I would rather go to battle against a top team with Kidd as my PG than Paul.

Graviton
03-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Steph makes GS dangerous on OFFENSE. If u think hes doin the same for they defense u dont know what u talkin bout.......thats what im sayin CP and Steph elevate their offenses to the same level except GS still has the best defense in the league and that has NOTHING to do with Curry.......
Curry is Top 5 in defensive RPM among PGs, but he has "nothing" to do with their defense? It's obvious you haven't been watching Warriors much, his defense is much improved this year.

Again, you can't discredit Curry with any actual facts, because Warriors offense AND defense is worse with him off the court. He has better numbers, better team record, better "eye test".

Heavincent
03-29-2015, 04:03 PM

I said this last year and people scoffed at me. Only thing holding the Warriors offense back was Mark Jackson and his Scott Brooks system.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Curry is Top 5 in defensive RPM among PGs, but he has "nothing" to do with their defense? It's obvious you haven't been watching Warriors much, his defense is much improved this year.

Again, you can't discredit Curry with any actual facts, because Warriors offense AND defense is worse with him off the court. He has better numbers, better team record, better "eye test".

He plays 98% of his minutes with Draymond and/or Bogut or Iggy.......u know who is top 10 in defensive RPM? Shaun Livingston..........Defensive RPM is a garbage defensive stat. The fact that Lillard is only one spot behind CP (who isnt even top 10) tells u it all...........and conley is 30 right by Kyrie:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

u put Rubio, CP, Conley, Wall, Bledsoe, Bradley, Smart etc. their defense turns into alltime great. Steph has improved def isnt even top 10 defender at PG cmon cuh

Graviton
03-29-2015, 04:10 PM
He plays 98% of his minutes with Draymond and/or Bogut or Iggy.......u know who is top 10 in defensive RPM? Shaun Livingston..........Defensive RPM is a garbage defensive stat. The fact that Lillard is only one spot behind CP (who isnt even top 10) tells u it all...........and conley is 30 right by Kyrie:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

u put Rubio, CP, Conley, Wall, Bledsoe, Bradley, Smart etc. their defense turns into alltime great. Steph has improved def isnt even top 10 defender at PG cmon cuh
Again, opinions vs facts, I will take the facts. I have seen Curry's defense, he is a Top 10 defender at his position. He stays with his man, doesn't gamble, knows how to poke the ball away without fouling. He is actually similar to CP3 in that regard.

You can't use anything to discredit Curry, he has Paul beat in every category.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Again, opinions vs facts, I will take the facts. I have seen Curry's defense, he is a Top 10 defender at his position. He stays with his man, doesn't gamble, knows how to poke the ball away without fouling. He is actually similar to CP3 in that regard.

You can't use anything to discredit Curry, he has Paul beat in every category.

CP
Rubio
Bledsoe
Conley
Wall
Bradley
Smart
Kirk
Elfrid
Holiday
Rondo
Beverley
Westbrook
Chalmers
Lowry

Steph might be better than 2 or 3 of these dudes but he aint top 10:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

qrich
03-29-2015, 04:22 PM
#1 in Assists Per Game
#1 in Assists Per Turnover
#7 in Steals Per Game
#4 in Steals Per Turnover Among Points (Only behind Larkin, Smart & Walker)

:bowdown:

ninephive
03-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Parker will knock both of these chokers out of the playoffs, tbh.

VengefulAngel
03-29-2015, 04:41 PM

Agreed. Great Post.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Parker will knock both of these chokers out of the playoffs, tbh.
Not even better than his boy Cory Joseph this season lmfao

Siemens
03-29-2015, 05:08 PM
What is this shit?

Bigsmoke
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Curry is the new H.N.I.C.

ImKobe
03-29-2015, 05:20 PM

Just imagine peak CP on those stacked Phoenix squads...

Spurs m8
03-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Not even better than his boy Cory Joseph this season lmfao

Im no Parker lover but this is a bit silly given the past few weeks tbh

bizil
03-29-2015, 06:49 PM
I view CP3 like the Aaron Rodgers of the NBA. CP3 is a pass first PG who is focused MOST on dropping dimes and floor generalship. BUT CP3 can also dominate a game scoring as well. Rodgers is a great pocket passer who looks to dominate that way FIRST! But he's also very athletic and can wreak havoc running with the football.

So for me, CP3 is the quintessential PG in the world. I'm fine if people think Curry and Westbrook are better players in general. They are such great scorers from the PG position and true alpha dogs. But AS A PG, I prefer Paul to the rest.

Most of the top PG's in the L are score first PG's or combo guards. Paul is the exception to that rule. So over time, fans WHO AREN'T students of the game are starting to take Paul for granted. Which is a shame! But the Mount Rushmore of small guards (6'1 and under) are Isiah, Tiny, AI, and CP3.

hiphopfan777
03-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Steph curry is. His team has a better record

Akrazotile
03-29-2015, 07:28 PM
We know this dude is the best floor general in the league in the regular season.

He still needs to be more assertive in the playoffs IMO. And I'm not someone who blindly thinks volume shooting/scoring makes a player but Paul has a history of being passive when his team needs him to be aggressive most. He's a pretty efficient shooter/scorer when he attacks, but for some reason he just doesnt do it at times.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-29-2015, 07:40 PM
I view CP3 like the Aaron Rodgers of the NBA. CP3 is a pass first PG who is focused MOST on dropping dimes and floor generalship. BUT CP3 can also dominate a game scoring as well. Rodgers is a great pocket passer who looks to dominate that way FIRST! But he's also very athletic and can wreak havoc running with the football.

So for me, CP3 is the quintessential PG in the world. I'm fine if people think Curry and Westbrook are better players in general. They are such great scorers from the PG position and true alpha dogs. But AS A PG, I prefer Paul to the rest.

Most of the top PG's in the L are score first PG's or combo guards. Paul is the exception to that rule. So over time, fans WHO AREN'T students of the game are starting to take Paul for granted. Which is a shame! But the Mount Rushmore of small guards (6'1 and under) are Isiah, Tiny, AI, and CP3.
:applause: :applause:
Love the Rodgers comparison. Best at their positions
2011 Aron = 08 CP3:applause:

bizil
03-29-2015, 08:13 PM
We know this dude is the best floor general in the league in the regular season.

He still needs to be more assertive in the playoffs IMO. And I'm not someone who blindly thinks volume shooting/scoring makes a player but Paul has a history of being passive when his team needs him to be aggressive most. He's a pretty efficient shooter/scorer when he attacks, but for some reason he just doesnt do it at times.

Well said and I agree with that! I've seen Paul compared to Isiah very often. That's the legend he's compared to most. But the key difference is that Isiah would be QUICKER to put the foot on the gas dominating scoring. Isiah was a pass first PG BUT he would take a game by the throat scoring a bit quicker than CP3. CP3 has shown he can dominate scoring when needed. But he doesn't do it QUITE AS FAST as other pass first PG's like an Isiah, Magic, or Tiny.

knicksman
03-29-2015, 09:26 PM
I can see them getting the 2nd seed. And if that happens, only spurs can beat them in the playoffs. No OKC refs

Darius
03-29-2015, 09:49 PM
If paul hadn't injured his knee I would love to see what he could have become.

Playing with 1 knee he is still a top 5 player in the league at 6ft... It's insane.

SyRyanYang
03-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Paul is certainly a better man defender when he tries, but Curry has been a more consistent defender through out this season.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-29-2015, 10:42 PM

Don't wanna agree with this chump, but definitely this.

ABfor3
03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Paul is certainly a better man defender when he tries, but Curry has been a more consistent defender through out this season.
:biggums: :biggums:

Young X
03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
CP3's assertiveness isn't really gonna make a big difference, he was more assertive against Memphis and OKC and they still lost both series. The Clippers defense and bench play are far more important. They need to be able to get stops when they need them and keep their opponents from getting to the FT line so often. Offensively LAC has been #1 both this season and last season; they have more than enough on offense.

LoneyROY7
03-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Chris Paul gets his championship ring this season.

Lock it in. Book it. Sign it. Seal it. Deliver that b*tch to every motherf*cker west of the Indies.

tgan3
03-29-2015, 11:17 PM
I am sure he is the leader for "points responsible for"

PRF= points + assists x2 or x3 (If the assist is to a 3 pointer)

Leroy Jetson
03-29-2015, 11:20 PM
I'll take any of those three over CP3, they actually performed when it counted, in the playoffs.

T_L_P
03-29-2015, 11:23 PM
I'll take any of those three over CP3, they actually performed when it counted, in the playoffs.
:kobe:

Leroy Jetson
03-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Chris Paul gets to the second round ring this season.

Lock it in. Book it. Sign it. Seal it. Deliver that b*tch to every motherf*cker west of the Indies.
Fixed

Fawker
03-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Idiots will be idiots. prisoners of moments. Curry is the MVP.

LoneyROY7
03-29-2015, 11:30 PM
Fixed

Damn Leroy. Imma give you a mulligan and let you do that one over.