PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Whiteside or Rudy Gobert?

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Both up and comings centers vying to challenge for Demarcus' throne

Who's better and why? (Break it down)

KobesFinger
03-21-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd take Gobert because of what he does for the Jazz D and because I've heard Whiteside is an idiot. Not saying he's better but I'd rather have him

TheMilkyBarKid
03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Gobert.

- younger
- more disciplined
- better defender

That being said I can see whiteside being more of a 2-way force.

imdaman99
03-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Gobert Report. Have not watched a single game by him but he is doing wonders, making the Jazz into a top defensive team. Don't know how much defensive talent he has around him, but it is amazing. They are beating good teams too :applause:

alec613
03-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Gobert easily

Can't mention any other reasons as they've been already mentioned above

zizozain
03-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Hassan easily

HiphopRelated
03-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Gobert is the better defender, especially post, but Whiteside has more tools on offense while also being a defensive force.

Whiteside could use another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. If he gets up to 275/280, he would be immovable in the post and has the frame to carry it.

dubeta
03-21-2015, 12:27 PM
They are basically Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell reincarnated, and yet neither of them are all-stars.

Shows how much talent has evolved over the decades.

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Gobert is the better defender, especially post, but Whiteside has more tools on offense while also being a defensive force.

Whiteside could use another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. If he gets up to 275/280, he would be immovable in the post and has the frame to carry it.
Hassan is definitely near 280 already

He's very filled out for a 7 footer with long ass arms

T_L_P
03-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Definitely Gobert.

Much better defensively, especially in terms of defensive instincts. He's also a more stabling presence and has more upside, and he is consistent.

Jazz trading Kanter and basically giving Rudy the team was the best thing they could do. They'd probably be a top 6 seed out East with this current roster, and they can only get better. :applause:

HiphopRelated
03-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Hassan is definitely near 280 already

He's very filled out for a 7 footer with long ass arms
I think they said he's more 265.

You could tell last night looking at Nurkic. Hassan couldn't hold ground on the block at some points.

But that could be technique too

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Definitely Gobert.

Much better defensively, especially in terms of defensive instincts. He's also a more stabling presence and has more upside, and he is consistent.

Jazz trading Kanter and basically giving Rudy the team was the best thing they could do. They'd probably be a top 6 seed out East with this current roster, and they can only get better. :applause:

Still, they could of gotten a nice deal for Kanter, who tf did they trade him for? Not like he is a bad player, has been playing great bball for OKC up until he rolled his ankle.

EDIT: Totally forgot this is Kanter's 4th season in the league, Utah probably didn't wanna clog the cap by resigning him to a big contract. Still, they could of gotten a better deal than OKC's protected 1st and DET's 2nd rounder.

Dragic4Life
03-21-2015, 01:44 PM
DMC's throne is safe.

robert de niro
03-21-2015, 01:54 PM
I would rather have gobert, read too much shit about whiteside to risk it

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Still, they could of gotten a nice deal for Kanter, who tf did they trade him for? Not like he is a bad player, has been playing great bball for OKC up until he rolled his ankle.

EDIT: Totally forgot this is Kanter's 4th season in the league, Utah probably didn't wanna clog the cap by resigning him to a big contract. Still, they could of gotten a better deal than OKC's protected 1st and DET's 2nd rounder.

They got a 21 year old stretch 4 prospect and a 25 year old center who the Thunder wanted to bring over from the Spanish League. Got rid of Novak's contract next year and now have potentially 20 million of cap space for free agency which should get them the pg and back-up center they need to be a big player in the west next year.

dannysc305
03-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Hassan easily smh

r0drig0lac
03-21-2015, 03:34 PM
White is a better player, especially offensively

GrapeApe
03-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Even though Whiteside is older I think he has a higher ceiling. Most of what he's doing right now is pure ability. He's averaging a double double and he still doesn't really know how to play the game yet. It's easy to look at the production and forget how raw he still is. He has all the tools to be a dominant two way force **IF** he keeps his "issues" under control. That's the only question mark at this point.

dannysc305
03-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Whiteside makes a bigger impact and has more talent imo

jrong
03-21-2015, 05:20 PM
Gobert is more polished, but Whiteside's potential is frightening. That length of the court rocker dunk should terrify the league. Imagine if that athleticism can be channeled into taking the other team's center off the dribble.

Lebronxrings
03-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Whiteside. Turned the heat from a lottery team to a playoff bound no excuses, ECF team.

gyu
03-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Gobert is more polished, but Whiteside's potential is frightening. That length of the court rocker dunk should terrify the league. Imagine if that athleticism can be channeled into taking the other team's center off the dribble.
Gobert is 7'1" and has a wingspan of 7'8.5", longer than Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain. He is no stiff either.

GrapeApe
03-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Whiteside. Turned the heat from a lottery team to a playoff bound no excuses, ECF team.

So you're predicting the Heat to beat the Cavs if they meet in the first round? It seems you're faith in Lebron is waning.

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 07:07 PM
They got a 21 year old stretch 4 prospect and a 25 year old center who the Thunder wanted to bring over from the Spanish League. Got rid of Novak's contract next year and now have potentially 20 million of cap space for free agency which should get them the pg and back-up center they need to be a big player in the west next year.

Pleiss isn't coming to the NBA, Jerrett will be out of the NBA by the start of next season (avy bet?), and Novak's contract isn't even that big..I bet if they bought him out, they could of minimized the cap hit.

Anyways, bottom line I feel like they could of gotten better for a guy who is averaging 17/10 for the Thunder since arriving.

Human Error
03-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Gobert's case: Even bigger than Whiteside. More explosive athlete. Younger.
Whiteside's case: More polished offensively. Has good 1 on 1 moves. Better hands.

I'd probably take Whiteside because I don't think Gobert will be as good as Whiteside offensively, but you can't go wrong with either. I'd throw in Gorgui Dieng in the discussion also, he's been great as of late.

FireDavidKahn
03-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Gobert solely because he is smarter than a box of rocks. I doubt Hassan's iq is over 100

KNOW1EDGE
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Easily Gobert.

for a multitude of reasons, but mostly because he has it going on between his ears. While Whiteside has blank space between his...

Papaya Petee
03-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Whiteside is at 11 Points 10 Rebounds 2.5 Blocks per game in 22.9 MPG on a team as a 4th offensive option (Wade,Dragic,Deng)

Gobert is at 7.5 Points 9 Rebounds 2.3 Blocks per game in 24.6 MPG on a team where he is the 3rd offensive option (Gordon, Burke)

The Heat are also better than the Jazz.

Whiteside for me.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Pleiss isn't coming to the NBA, Jerrett will be out of the NBA by the start of next season (avy bet?), and Novak's contract isn't even that big..I bet if they bought him out, they could of minimized the cap hit.

Anyways, bottom line I feel like they could of gotten better for a guy who is averaging 17/10 for the Thunder since arriving.

And they didn't get more why? :confusedshrug:

Kanter is a free agent. Thunder could lose him. Jazz were going to. Possible they could have gotten more in the off-season.

Who says Pleiss isn't coming? Sounds like he was close this year. Unless the Jazz draft a pf I'd guess Jerrett will be on the team. He's young and they want bigs to stretch the floor. Jazz aren't in to buyouts. They opened up a roster space. And his salary could be the difference of a max player.

Gobert is at 7.5 Points 9 Rebounds 2.3 Blocks per game in 24.6 MPG on a team where he is the 3rd offensive option (Gordon, Burke)

You forgot Favors. Gobert will be a good offensive player. It's coming.

T_L_P
03-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Whiteside is at 11 Points 10 Rebounds 2.5 Blocks per game in 22.9 MPG on a team as a 4th offensive option (Wade,Dragic,Deng)

The Heat are also better than the Jazz.

Whiteside for me.

Heat are one game better in a conference that is literally five times worse. The Jazz post-Kanter are noticeably better than the Heat have been at any point in the season. :confusedshrug:

Papaya Petee
03-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Heat are one game better in a conference that is literally five times worse. The Jazz post-Kanter are noticeably better than the Heat have been at any point in the season. :confusedshrug:

Here we go with the conference bullshit again.

Miami is 12-15 vs the West this year
Utah is 15-15 vs the East this year

HUMONGOUS difference, ey?

And are we going to pretend like the Heat aren't arguably the most injured team in the league? Since the Dragic trade the Heat have been a completely different team. They've just blown out the Cavs and Nuggets and beat the Blazers at home. The Heat are catching fire now which is the best time to do so.

Even without Bosh, Heat>Jazz with Bosh it's not even a discussion.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2015, 08:23 PM
It's certainly a discussion. Jazz have been the best team in the league lately. They are without one of their best players too in Burks.

T_L_P
03-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Here we go with the conference bullshit again.

Miami is 12-15 vs the West this year
Utah is 15-15 vs the East this year

HUMONGOUS difference, ey?

And are we going to pretend like the Heat aren't arguably the most injured team in the league? Since the Dragic trade the Heat have been a completely different team. They've just blown out the Cavs and Nuggets and beat the Blazers at home. The Heat are catching fire now which is the best time to do so.

Even without Bosh, Heat>Jazz with Bosh it's not even a discussion.

The Heat are 12-16 vs the West, and yes, that is a considerable difference. We're talking about the better team here, so even one extra win holds meaning.

The Heat are 9-6 post Dragic trade.
The Jazz are 12-3 post Kanter trade.

In that span the Jazz beat four Western Playoff teams, the Heat have won one (and one against the Cavs, so two teams that would make the Playoffs out West).

The Heat have been injured, but a Heat team minus Bosh is still more talented than the Jazz, who literally have four above average players. You also need to remember that the Jazz were built to tank earlier in the season, whereas the Heat have pushed hard for a Playoff spot. The Jazz have been killing it post Kanter, achieving the #1 defense in league mainly due to Gobert's insane defensive impact.

LAZERUSS
03-22-2015, 12:39 AM
Give me the frail Andrew Bogut any day.

Genaro
03-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Gobert didn't show much in this past 2 games. I didn't watch the Laker game but I did today and Gobert is very bad offensively. He will need to work a lot on that end.
Of course he could make a impact even without scoring (a la DeAndre) but that's not the ideal.