PDA

View Full Version : Jay Williams

hawkfan
03-13-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/13/jay-williams-super-soul-sunday-regret_n_6865836.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Discuss.

warriorfan
03-13-2015, 09:55 PM
Smart dude

Foster5k
03-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Jay Williams will always be remembered as the could have been point guard. Meaning, he could have been an All-Star. He could have been in the Hall of Fame. Who knows. I'm sure Jay Williams still have nightmares about that wreck. In an instant in time, with one careless mistake, he changed his entire life for the worse. A life he had built and worked so hard to achieve. Once he took a seat on that motorcycle, his fate was already written. No amount of drills, surgeries, or would be comebacks was going to change it.

Jay Williams showed flashes of greatness in college and in the NBA he seemed destined to become an elite guard. No one really knows how great he could have become.

He is the classic example of doing something stupid and having that one stupid moment define your legacy. However, at least he has come back with a second act. He is, as far as I know, working with ESPN as an analyst.

chocolatethunder
03-13-2015, 10:34 PM
Jay Williams will always be remembered as the could have been point guard. Meaning, he could have been an All-Star. He could have been in the Hall of Fame. Who knows. I'm sure Jay Williams still have nightmares about that wreck. In an instant in time, with one careless mistake, he changed his entire life for the worse. A life he had built and worked so hard to achieve. Once he took a seat on that motorcycle, his fate was already written. No amount of drills, surgeries, or would be comebacks was going to change it.

Jay Williams showed flashes of greatness in college and in the NBA he seemed destined to become an elite guard. No one really knows how great he could have become.

He is the classic example of doing something stupid and having that one stupid moment define your legacy. However, at least he has come back with a second act. He is, as far as I know, working with ESPN as an analyst.
No, he actually looked like he couldn't shoot, wasn't a great passer or a scorer at the NBA level. He looked like he wasn't worthy of being the second pick in the draft although that draft was a shit draft. Not sure which Jay Williams you were watching but I watched the one who didn't even average 10ppg in 26 minutes.

Clyde
03-13-2015, 11:02 PM
What's ifs always make players better.....

...apparently len bias was better than michael jordan :rolleyes:

Akrazotile
03-13-2015, 11:43 PM

Yup. There was little hype around this guy as a pro when he was actually playing. Now that he's goin to tell his story on Oprah theyre trying to make it more interesting by acting like he had some legendary career ahead of him. Nothing in his brief pro career suggested as much.

Lebron23
03-13-2015, 11:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqOOREQkEoE

Jason Williams Duke Basketball 17 Straight Points

bdreason
03-14-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure how well Jay Will was gonna do in the NBA. If I remember correctly, he was actually having a rough transition before the accident. He probably could have made an All-Star game, but I don't think he was going to be an all-time great or HoFer.

By the way Jay Will was one of my favorite players in College.

RoseCity07
03-14-2015, 12:20 AM
I find it hard to believe he was going to be a great player in the NBA when he couldn't even get a shot after all his recovery. How bad were those injuries? Why didn't he even get a 15th spot?

D-FENS
03-14-2015, 03:25 AM
He had a pretty epic game vs Kidd and the Nets. He was similar to Trey Burke in a lot of ways, just a little more athletic potential, and higher BBIQ.

ButterFace
03-14-2015, 04:14 AM
That was a sad situation. Happy to see he takes responsibility for himself, and has still found success in the industry.