PDA

View Full Version : You deserve better Kevin love

christian1923
03-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Please leave that toxic wasteland called Cleveland.

On the bench all 4th quarter? James jones was taking his minutes, how disrespectful to one of the NBA's best players

raprap
03-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Only if he can guard 5's.

Marchesk
03-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Glad as hell they lost. Love needs to go to a real basketball town, like New York.

PJR
03-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Ain't no way in hell dudes resigning with Cleveland :oldlol:

Dudes been made the scapegoat far too often. Blast benching dude for entire fourth quarters. Bran subtweeting him. He can't be enjoying that. You want to win, but not at that expense.

DMAVS41
03-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Ain't no way in hell dudes resigning with Cleveland :oldlol:

Dudes been made the scapegoat far too often. Blast benching dude for entire fourth quarters. Bran subtweeting him. He can't be enjoying that. You want to win, but not at that expense.

Yea.

I think he's gone unless they win the title (which is certainly possible). I really hope that doesn't happen though. Too many horrible things have happened to Cleveland.

If they end up shipping multiple first rounders, Bennett, and Wiggins for air....just wow.

CJ Mustard
03-13-2015, 12:55 AM
He's like Chris Bosh that first year in Miami. Clearly hasn't figured out his role/where he fits in yet. Doubt he leaves though, especially if the Cavs go on to win the championship (they're the favorite at this point).

b1imtf
03-13-2015, 12:57 AM
one of the NBA's best players
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
03-13-2015, 01:17 AM
He's like Chris Bosh that first year in Miami. Clearly hasn't figured out his role/where he fits in yet. Doubt he leaves though, especially if the Cavs go on to win the championship (they're the favorite at this point).

He won't leave if they win...

But he can't do what Bosh did on defense...so his fit is actually even worse in reality.

You'd think he'd get more touches in the post with Irving being able to stretch the floor much better than Wade did for the Heat.

I don't get why it's been so hard to feature him a few more plays a game in his comfort zones.

But he certainly seems like the type of guy that won't take kindly to getting embarrassed by your coach on national TV like this.

NBASTATMAN
03-13-2015, 01:20 AM

But he can't do what Bosh did on defense...so his fit is actually even worse in reality.

You'd think he'd get more touches in the post with Irving being able to stretch the floor much better than Wade did for the Heat.

I don't get why it's been so hard to feature him a few more plays a game in his comfort zones.

But he certainly seems like the type of guy that won't take kindly to getting embarrassed by your coach on national TV like this.

Totally agree.. Bosh was horrible as a low post defender but became a good pick and roll defender and Love shows very little lateral ability... If I were the Cavs I would rather have Diaw on the team... Not saying he is a better player but he provides things Love can't.. Ball handling at the three and four spots...

navy
03-13-2015, 01:21 AM

Bruh, he was getting destroyed inside whenever he took it there. This is the thing about Kevin Love that people dont see when they just post his stats. He can score with pretty good efficiency too, but he cant take over games from the inside or outside consistently.

He's been getting benched in the fourth quarter since college. In fact he was terrible in 4th quarters with Minny, the difference is that he wasnt allowed to be benched like he his now. Check the numbers.

BasedTom
03-13-2015, 01:23 AM
coach blatt is a typical cultural marxist

Real14
03-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Love needs to go to either the lakers or knicks.

The Iron Sheik
03-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Glad as hell they lost. Love needs to go to a real basketball town, like New York.

:oldlol:

the knicks have been clippers east for decades now

JT123
03-13-2015, 01:26 AM
For the posters saying Love will leave if they don't win, where exactly do you think he's going to go? :wtf:
I don't see him taking a pay cut to go back to putting up empty stats on an irrelevant team, but that's just me.

imdaman99
03-13-2015, 01:28 AM
He is not a max guy. Well at least he's not THE max guy I want the Knicks to go after. If he wants less, I would take him.

Real14
03-13-2015, 01:32 AM
He is not a max guy. Well at least he's not THE max guy I want the Knicks to go after. If he wants less, I would take him.
True, I just think that Love will fit better with us. I trust him a lot more than ol Bargs and shit:facepalm

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't understand people blaming the Cavs or Blatt or LeBron or Kyrie for some of the issues Love is currently dealing with. It is as if they aren't watching the games. That goes for the broadcast crew tonight too who, despite Love being totally ineffective when given the ball on the block, spent a large portion of a telecast of an amazing game complaining about Love not getting the ball on the block.

I mean, what in the actual f#ck are people looking at? Every time they went to Love on the block, he missed badly or turned the ball over, leading to a transition basket. It was ugly stuff.

It's also totally reactionary. Love had 22/14 in the last game against the Mavericks. Tonight, the Spurs were exploiting him defensively and making him ineffective offensively. It is no coincidence that, when he went to the bench, they started stringing together stops.

Love is still finding his way on this team. Some nights, like Tuesday, he looks awesome. Other times, like tonight, he is ineffective.

Not everyone immediately falls into place when a team of established players is thrown together the way this one was. But, it's like people just ignore his good nights and blow out of proportion his bad ones.

rlsmooth775
03-13-2015, 01:36 AM

Why he isn't a great player

protox
03-13-2015, 01:40 AM
I don't understand people blaming the Cavs or Blatt or LeBron or Kyrie for some of the issues Love is currently dealing with. It is as if they aren't watching the games. That goes for the broadcast crew tonight too who, despite Love being totally ineffective when given the ball on the block, spent a large portion of a telecast of an amazing game complaining about Love not getting the ball on the block.

I mean, what in the actual f#ck are people looking at? Every time they went to Love on the block, he missed badly or turned the ball over, leading to a transition basket. It was ugly stuff.

It's also totally reactionary. Love had 22/14 in the last game against the Mavericks. Tonight, the Spurs were exploiting him defensively and making him ineffective offensively. It is no coincidence that, when he went to the bench, they started stringing together stops.

Love is still finding his way on this team. Some nights, like Tuesday, he looks awesome. Other times, like tonight, he is ineffective.

Not everyone immediately falls into place when a team of established players is thrown together the way this one was. But, it's like people just ignore his good nights and blow out of proportion his bad ones.

Come on. What did James Jones offer in the 4th that Love couldn't?

navy
03-13-2015, 01:43 AM
The ability to switch on the outside.

rlsmooth775

He shoots better

protox
The ability to switch on the outside.

Are you serious? :lol

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 01:44 AM
He stuck with his defensive assignments and spread the floor with his ability to shoot. Basically, exactly what the team needed with Kyrie going into video game mode. Did you notice how many times Love was getting lost on SA's off-ball screen action? Like, every time.

It really has nothing to do with man-to-man defensive abilities. It's more about court smarts at that point. Jones has plenty of those.

Again, wtf are people watching? Did you see Jones getting back-cut to death the way Love had been all game? Because I didn't.

navy
03-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Are you serious? :lol
Well yeah. What, you think Blatt just hates Kevin Love?

protox
He shoots better

He did squat in the 4th. No rebounds or assist or points. Can't keep benching Love in the 4th. If he's a max guy treat him like it. He bolts, Cavs are screwed. No cap space to replace.

DMAVS41
For the posters saying Love will leave if they don't win, where exactly do you think he's going to go? :wtf:
I don't see him taking a pay cut to go back to putting up empty stats on an irrelevant team, but that's just me.

Somewhere he isn't the distant 3rd guy and actually gets burn in the 4th.

I'm assuming many teams will line up to max him right now...with the cap increase coming. Love on a current max deal on the right team is probably a bargain.

bluechox2
yall keep saying he switches, or cant laterally defend...if you watched the game in the 4th, all charles was ragging about was how the cavs switched and got burned

J Shuttlesworth
03-13-2015, 01:47 AM

I do agree mostly. Everytime I see Love in the post, I think "WTF are you doing?" He had an open look in the first tonight in the post, and instead of dunking it, he took an awkward layup and missed it.

At the same time, they need to practice it more with Love, especially when LeBron is off the floor. Love is great for spacing for Irving/LeBron, but he could be a legit post option if they work on it more. A big part of it is him not establishing position, or bad entry passes to him. I think it's something they just need to work on, maybe against scrub teams, not against the Spurs on national TV :lol

DMAVS41
03-13-2015, 01:48 AM

I think most calm people understand all this, but I also don't think it's out of bounds to start thinking about him leaving.

It's one thing not to fit well...it's another for a player of Love's caliber to be benched like he has been a number of times this year.

I personally think he's gone if they don't win the title.

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 01:49 AM
yall keep saying he switches, or cant laterally defend...if you watched the game in the 4th, all charles was ragging about was how the cavs switched and got burned
Not all of those switches were by design. Guys just couldn't get around the screens on many of those. When they started actually switching late-fourth and in overtime, they were actually getting more stops than they had been trying (and failing) to get through the screens.

Love was getting lost way too much defensively tonight. It is one thing to get beat. That happens to even the best defenders. It is something else to get lost.

In his defense, the Spurs' screen action is very difficult to defend and it is easy to fall into their traps. I'm not killing Love for having a bad night against such a good team. It happens.

But, to act as though he was pulled for no reason. The reasons were as obvious as the nose on his face.

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 01:52 AM
I think most calm people understand all this, but I also don't think it's out of bounds to start thinking about him leaving.

It's one thing not to fit well...it's another for a player of Love's caliber to be benched like he has been a number of times this year.

I personally think he's gone if they don't win the title.
Honestly man, I haven't even begun to think about him leaving. I'm thinking about the playoffs right now.

If he ends up leaving because he is unable to adapt his game to fit as a third option on a really good team, then he should go and I wish him no ill will. Because, the gap between he and Kyrie is only going to grow and he's obviously no LeBron James.

He is always going to be the third guy on that roster. If he can't handle it and if he can't handle being pulled when he is having an embarrassingly bad night, so be it. :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
03-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Honestly man, I haven't even begun to think about him leaving. I'm thinking about the playoffs right now.

If he ends up leaving because he is unable to adapt his game to fit as a third option on a really good team, then he should go and I wish him no ill will. Because, the gap between he and Kyrie is only going to grow and he's obviously no LeBron James.

He is always going to be the third guy on that roster. If he can't handle it and if he can't handle being pulled when he is having an embarrassingly bad night, so be it. :confusedshrug:
I don't think it's the third option aspect that will drive him out, if he does leave.

I think it's the way they are using him. He had a quote recently saying "I'm not a stretch four. I'm a post player who can shoot. I'm just doing what I'm being told to do right now"

That is a bothersome quote. I think he could be more effective if they use him in the post more. He is a 1.0 points per possession in the post, and they never get him in rhythm down there anyway.

I think Chuck is absolutely right that they should utilize him more when LeBron is off the floor, and I've been saying that for a while.

Droid101
03-13-2015, 01:56 AM
Pretty unacceptable to pull a guy who has that kind of skill because his first 3 quarters weren't the best ever. He is legitimately the best PF in the league if given the right circumstances.

navy
03-13-2015, 01:56 AM
I don't think it's the third option aspect that will drive him out, if he does leave.

I think it's the way they are using him. He had a quote recently saying "I'm not a stretch four. I'm a post player who can shoot. I'm just doing what I'm being told to do right now"

That is a bothersome quote. I think he could be more effective if they use him in the post more. He is a 1.0 points per possession in the post, and they never get him in rhythm down there anyway.

I think Chuck is absolutely right that they should utilize him more when LeBron is off the floor, and I've been saying that for a while.
Kyrie scores 1.1 point per iso that's why.

DMAVS41
03-13-2015, 01:57 AM

Yea...that was what I was saying.

It's obvious now that his role will be a distant 3rd guy...and I mean...distant.

I just wonder if he's willing to accept that on this team if they don't win it all.

To me, he just seems like a guy that wouldn't be willing to do that.

Who knows what will happen...hope it works out...because the Cavs ending up with nothing from the Wiggins trade would be brutal.

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 02:02 AM
Pretty unacceptable to pull a guy who has that kind of skill because his first 3 quarters weren't the best ever. He is legitimately the best PF in the league if given the right circumstances.
He was getting KILLED, absolutely killed with SA's off-ball screens. It was to the point where they were running all of their stuff right at him and scoring every time. Blatt rightly wanted to win this game. It wasn't going to happen tonight with Love out there getting lost on every defensive possession.

I really don't see what people are fussing over. He played great the game before.

Cocaine80s
03-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Its okay, that opens up space for Durant

Its a win-win scenario

Droid101
03-13-2015, 02:04 AM
He was getting KILLED, absolutely killed with SA's off-ball screens. It was to the point where they were running all of their stuff right at him and scoring every time. Blatt rightly wanted to win this game. It wasn't going to happen tonight with Love out there getting lost on every defensive possession.

I really don't see what people are fussing over. He played great the game before.
Why do you think his effort is shit on those off-ball, non-spotlight plays? Because bran steals all spotlights.

He doesn't give a ****. He's gone after this season. He has no place on this team.

Cocaine80s
03-13-2015, 02:05 AM
Why do you think his effort is shit on those off-ball, non-spotlight plays? Because bran steals all spotlights.

He doesn't give a ****. He's gone after this season. He has no place on this team.
Thats definitely why.

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2015, 02:06 AM

So, he doesn't try and gets lost defensively because he is having a horrible offensive game and the team happens to have two otherworldly offensive talents to go to in the situations wherein Love is playing atrocious?

Doesn't sound like a winning kind of player. Then again, I completely disagree with your assessment. But, hey... everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Prometheus
03-13-2015, 02:10 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/14sntcy.gif