PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Hayward is now a top 3 SF in the NBA

masonanddixon
03-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Next year he should be an all star

Utah has been playing excellent ball since the break.

ShawkFactory
03-12-2015, 10:32 PM

Better than Paul George?

Jud
03-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Better than Paul George?
OP is probably talking about this season

If that's the case then...
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Hayward

masonanddixon
03-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Better than Paul George?

Paul George got overrated because he played well against lebron (like everyone does).

Hayward is just as good but he's on a worse team and he's white so he doesn't receive the same attention as George.

masonanddixon
03-12-2015, 10:39 PM
OP is probably talking about this season

If that's the case then...
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Hayward

Kawhi? WTF

SwishSquared
03-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Kawhi? WTF
You're really underrating Kawhi's defense...

Jud
03-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Kawhi? WTF
Not gonna put Durant or Melo on the list because they haven't played enough games. So who else would be the 2nd best SF?

Kawhi is averaging near 16 ppg, 8 rpg, and also adding in 2 spg. Not to mention, he's one of the best, if not, THE best perimeter defender in the NBA.

ItsMillerTime
03-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Paul George got overrated because he played well against lebron (like everyone does).

Hayward is just as good but he's on a worse team and he's white so he doesn't receive the same attention as George.

Hayward is nowhere near the defender and playmaker that Paul George is

Fudge
03-12-2015, 10:52 PM
He isn't even the best player on his team. :oldlol:

Jud
03-12-2015, 10:54 PM
So who's better? Only guy who has an argument is Duncan.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:00 AM

People need to get off Gobert's nuts. He's just the West version of Whiteside.

navy
03-13-2015, 07:03 AM
People need to get off Gobert's nuts. He's just the West version of Whiteside.
That's a huge compliment to be honest.

Sakkreth
03-13-2015, 07:04 AM

wat ?

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:08 AM
That's a huge compliment to be honest.

What do you mean? Someone on Miami has to grab rebounds with Bosh out. And it's not like Whiteside is killing guys with his post play or anything.

He and Gobert are decent Centers, but all-stars/franchise players they are not.

navy
03-13-2015, 07:14 AM
What do you mean? Someone on Miami has to grab rebounds with Bosh out. And it's not like Whiteside is killing guys with his post play or anything.

He and Gobert are decent Centers, but all-stars/franchise players they are not.
Whiteside has been dominating the boards since he stepped on the court. In fact this is Chris Bosh's worst rebound season per 36 ever. Dude completely changes that team whenever he's on the court.

And whiteside is a beast when he gets touches. I wouldnt call him a killer, but he scores really well for the amount of touches he gets.

Time will tell. Let's be real, GMs would take Gobert over Hayword any day.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Whiteside has been dominating the boards since he stepped on the court. In fact this is Chris Bosh's worst rebound season per 36 ever. Dude completely changes that team whenever he's on the court.

And whiteside is a beast when he gets touches. I wouldnt call him a killer, but he scores really well for the amount of touches he gets.

Time will tell. Let's be real, GMs would take Gobert over Hayword any day.

No they wouldn't. Hayward is a young elite two way SF. Gobert is a middle of the pack, hustle Center, like a longer Joakim Noah. He's not a skill center like a Gasol or Cousins who you build a franchise around.

navy
03-13-2015, 07:24 AM
No they wouldn't. Hayward is a young elite two way SF. Gobert is a middle of the pack, hustle Center, like a longer Joakim Noah. He's not a skill center like a Gasol or Cousins who you build a franchise around.He's a game changer.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:25 AM
He's a game changer.

Sure right now, but once teams focus on him his production will drop. Hayward has been the first option for a few years now-his production is legit and he's proven himself this season to be elite.

navy
03-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Sure right now, but once teams focus on him his production will drop. Hayward has been the first option for a few years now-his production is legit and he's proven himself this season to be elite.
Focus on what? All he does is rebound and defend. Nothing to focus in on. Unless he's Hakeem on the block and I just dont know it.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Focus on what? All he does is rebound and defend. Nothing to focus in on. Unless he's Hakeem on the block and just hasnt shown it.

Keeping him off the glass and involving him in pick and rolls etc to get him away from the basket or into foul trouble.

He's a nice fit for Utah and will continue to be a key part of Gordon's supporting cast.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Some people haven't watched the Jazz apparently. With Hayward leading the team they've been one of the worst. With Gobert leading them they are one of the best.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Some people haven't watched the Jazz apparently. With Hayward leading the team they've been one of the worst. With Gobert leading them they are one of the best.

Gobert isn't leading them, though. All eyes are on Gordon.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2015, 08:34 AM
I hardly notice Gordon. My eyes have been on Gobert since mid December. Can't wait to see what he does next! :bowdown:

SwishSquared
03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
People need to get off Gobert's nuts. He's just the West version of Whiteside.Gobert has a better head on his shoulders, has a better control of his emotions, and is more unselfish than Whiteside. Plus he's still a better defender and is trending upwards, whereas Whiteside is struggling a bit compared to earlier. Not to knock Hassan or anything, because he's putting up great numbers. He clearly is a better scorer than Gobert, as Rudy's not quite comfortable yet. I mean Deandre Jordan hangs around the basket and gets buckets- Gobert can easily replicate his offense with better FT% and still be a max guy when he's due for a new contract. Gobert's probably the most impactful defender in the whole league right now.

And Hayward is still worse than LBJ, Kawhi, and will get knocked down the SF rankings as Durant and PG-13 recover from their injuries. But by default he's #3 right now (unless I'm forgetting somebody). Melo's also in the mix when he returns next year. I'm a big fan of Hayward's game, too, but he's worse than at least 4 of those guys. No shame though to be just below that tier of guys. I just don't think he can be your most important player on a playoff team. Luckily for the Jazz, they got Gobert.

oarabbus
03-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Hayward is nowhere near the defender and playmaker that Paul George is

Yeah, that's not even remotely true.

ButterFace
03-13-2015, 04:37 PM

If the Jazz are doing well, then maybe, but he still needs to beat out the PFs and Cs of the West as well since they are categorized as "front court" in terms of all-star selections, which will not be an easy task.

bizil
03-13-2015, 04:47 PM
If everybody is healthy, the top 5 SF's are:

Bron
Durant
Melo
George
Leonard

From there, u got guys like Gordon, Gay, Parsons, etc. I think u could make a case for Hayward at number six. However for THIS SEASON, he actually has a case for 3rd or 4th due to all the injuries.

Dro
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
If the Jazz are doing well, then maybe, but he still needs to beat out the PFs and Cs of the West as well since they are categorized as "front court" in terms of all-star selections, which will not be an easy task.
Basically, he has to beat out Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut, Draymond Green, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan, and I'm sure I missed some....So yeah thats close to impossible and if we count sf's, Durant, etc...

Jud
03-13-2015, 05:15 PM
wat ?
Thought he was talking about Kawhi :oldlol:

ButterFace
03-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Basically, he has to beat out Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut, Draymond Green, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan, and I'm sure I missed some....So yeah thats close to impossible and if we count sf's, Durant, etc...

Of course we should count SFs. Who knows, Khawi could get in his way too if he is healthy and the Spurs do well.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2015, 05:35 PM

He'll have to beat out Gobert and Favors on his own team.

Dro
03-13-2015, 05:43 PM
He'll have to beat out Gobert and Favors on his own team.
Yeah, them too, completely forgot about them:facepalm

Fudge
03-13-2015, 05:56 PM
lolwut