PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's highest Ortg for a Season...

ralph_i_el
03-09-2015, 12:26 AM
...Is the same as Brad Miller's (and Miller played over 2000 minutes that season)

This stat is seriously lulz. I filtered it down to players who played 20+ mpg and searched all the seasons since 81....Steve Kerr-Tim Legler-Steve Kerr are the top 3 season.

edit: MJ shares the same highest Ortg for a season with LeBron and Brad Miller....125

Still way short of Kerr's 141:roll:

3ball
03-09-2015, 12:29 AM
...Is the same as Brad Miller's (and Miller played over 2000 minutes that season)

This stat is seriously lulz. I filtered it down to players who played 20+ mpg and searched all the seasons since 81....Steve Kerr-Tim Legler-Steve Kerr are the top 3 season.
ORtg is points produced per 100 possessions.

It's THE preimminent efficiency measure - points-per-possession... nothing beats it.

StrongLurk
03-09-2015, 12:30 AM

edit: MJ shares the same highest Ortg for a season with LeBron and Brad Miller....125

Still way short of Kerr's 141:roll:

All stats need to be taken in context.

ralph_i_el
03-09-2015, 12:30 AM

It's THE preimminent efficiency measure - points-per-possession... nothing beats it.
It devalues high volume players who may still be efficient scorers. I understand that it's just an efficiency metric, but I still find it funny. I was looking at the formula for it and it got me wondering who the highest seasons belonged to.

StrongLurk
03-09-2015, 12:32 AM

3Ballll you still jerkin it to Space Jam movie posters?

What do you think about Westbrooks recent run? Reminds me of a dumber, mini Jordan.

Young X
03-09-2015, 12:37 AM
You can't compare players who play completely different roles. Compare James with players who have similar roles/usage on their teams (Bird, MJ, Wade).

3ball
03-09-2015, 12:39 AM
3Ballll you still jerkin it to Space Jam movie posters?

What do you think about Westbrooks recent run? Reminds me of a dumber, mini Jordan.
agreed - a mini-jordan with less skill and smarts - so much so that he averages a full 10 percentage points in FG%.

can you imagine jordan playing in this spacing with the super-wide driving and passing lanes?

he's never seen anything like it and his eyes would light up like a christmas tree.. then he'd really lose it when someone tells him that they also banned hand-checking, physicality and paint-camping.

it would be amazing having someone so dominant running roughshod in today's spaced out, less physical game (kind of like Westbrook is now, but to a far greater extent).

comparing MJ's game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11021030&postcount=6) to Westbrook shows how different their approaches to the game are, and how much more dominant MJ would be in today's game.

J Shuttlesworth
03-09-2015, 01:13 AM

So Brad Miller > MJ?

Sarcastic
03-09-2015, 01:17 AM
The point is that no one can keep up that kind of efficiency, if they were to get the amount of touches as some of the superstars.

This is why context is key, and throwing around stats without understanding them is flawed.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-09-2015, 01:26 AM
I think it's silly because it doesn't adjust for anything: defenses, teammates, competition. What your ORTG says is incumbent on a number of things outside your reach.

chazzy
03-09-2015, 01:39 AM
No one cares about individual offensive rating

Prime_Shaq
03-09-2015, 02:17 AM
So Brad Miller > MJ?
Obviously... GOAT :applause:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1026/play_g_brad-miller_mb_576.jpg

imnew09
03-09-2015, 02:30 AM
No excuse.