PDA

View Full Version : Sixers sign Glen Rob III

GOBB
03-07-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/3/7/8168357/sixers-reportedly-acquire-glenn-robinson-iii-infinite-levels-of-fun

Doesn't have his dad's bite but maybe his bark? Worth a try given the makeup of our team is giving guys chances. :confusedshrug:

You Cant Ban Me
03-07-2015, 08:04 PM
nice we need to tryout as many players as we can so we can turn the tank around

Tips4
03-07-2015, 08:19 PM
No one cares about the basement dwelling Sixers, Gobb.

GOBB
03-07-2015, 08:21 PM
No one cares about the basement dwelling Sixers, Gobb.

No one cares about the CRAPtors either. :pimp:

Tips4
03-07-2015, 08:26 PM
No one cares about the CRAPtors either. :pimp:

They dont have too! We are the Spurs of the east, quietly til the playoffs, thats where we make our noise.. but as you know, Sixers are still dwelling ! Talking about prospects and shhhhyy !:facepalm

GOBB
03-07-2015, 08:28 PM
They dont have too! We are the Spurs of the east, quietly til the playoffs, thats where we make our noise.. but as you know, Sixers are still dwelling ! Talking about prospects and shhhhyy !:facepalm

Yall better make noise in playoffs because I'll be here to troll you guys. #thuglife :pimp:

Tips4
03-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Yall better make noise in playoffs because I'll be here to troll you guys. #thuglife :pimp:

:cheers:

Legends66NBA7
03-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Eh, not sure what your talking about. Toronto made "noise " back in 2001 and haven't since. That's when Smallville didn't even debut yet.

This Toronto team resembles more of the Clippers and Mavericks than the Spurs. High octane offense, but sub part defense. They aren't playing good ball right now, but can turn it around... and they better step up in the playoffs.

By the way, nice seeing an old member here. Tune into our game threads if you can.

Tips4
03-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Eh, not sure what your talking about. Toronto made "noise " back in 2001 and haven't since. That's when Smallville didn't even debut yet.

This Toronto team resembles more of the Clippers and Mavericks than the Spurs. High octane offense, but sub part defense. They aren't playing good ball right now, but can turn it around... and they better step up in the playoffs.

By the way, nice seeing an old member here. Tune into our game threads if you can.

We made noise last year. And we are small market like Spurs , i dont mean in terms of play style.

Yap sure, ave been on this board since early 2000s, before this forum was created in 2006. I check occasionally now, life and all but i am surprised to see GOBB soft as a puppy these days, i guess many years of the lottery and meaningless 8th seed playoffs, hes given up :wtf:

GOBB
03-07-2015, 09:00 PM
We made noise last year. And we are small market like Spurs , i dont mean in terms of play style.

Yap sure, ave been on this board since early 2000s, before this forum was created in 2006. I check occasionally now, life and all but i am surprised to see GOBB soft as a puppy these days, i guess many years of the lottery and meaningless 8th seed playoffs, hes given up :wtf:

I'm old yeller man. My days of being taken to the back of the shed and being put down are nearing. :lol

:cheers:

Dasher
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
On what planet is Toronto a small market? It's one of the largest cities on the continent.

hawksdogsbraves
03-07-2015, 09:15 PM
On what planet is Toronto a small market? It's one of the largest cities on the continent.

It's small market in the sense that it doesn't draw FA's at all

Tips4
03-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Yap but in terms of basketball market i dont think we are considered as an elite market.

I'm old yeller man. My days of being taken to the back of the shed and being put down are nearing.

GOBB i dont believe you :no: ! You will rejuvenate your pop talking as soon as Sixers become a decent team again. You still have those legion of posters that you use to mind control ?:oldlol:

coin24
03-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Sign him, hope he plays well, trade for picks :rockon:

SwishSquared
03-08-2015, 03:29 AM
I figured he'd get picked up by the Sixers. Curious to see how he does on a team that should be able to open up some minutes for him. Flip not playing him could have wrecked his value enough that it won't take much to re-sign him this summer.

dreamwarrior
03-08-2015, 03:30 AM
He's a good player who wasn't getting a chance. I hope it works out for him

Legends66NBA7
03-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Yap but in terms of basketball market i dont think we are considered as an elite market.

Disagree.

Despite Canada being hockey dominant, the Raptors were the most searched Canadian team last year on Google. It's an ever growing fan base, because it attracts the youngest audience and fans from all over the country.

Toronto is very much indeed a big market in terms of size and basketball. Not being able to attract FA's (referring to hawksdogsbraves post) is because the franchise has had a bad track record of on court results and no FA ( a really good one) wants to be a part of that. Not until the franchise contusionto brand itself in a winning environment.