PDA

View Full Version : The top 5 in RPM this year are also the top 5 in the MVP race...

JerrySeinfeld
03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

They basically nailed the order as well with this stat... Most people have their MVP race in the same exact order as the RPM stat shows it... Crazy. Guess I'll have to start looking at this stat more often.

J Shuttlesworth
03-07-2015, 02:25 PM
But then it goes onto say that Kawhi Leonard and Khris Middleton (who the **** is that?) > CP3

Im Still Ballin
03-07-2015, 02:26 PM
I always knew Khris Middleton was a top 10 player in the league.

JerrySeinfeld
03-07-2015, 02:27 PM
But then it goes onto say that Kawhi Leonard > CP3

Replace Kawhi with CP3 in last years finals and the Heat have a better chance :confusedshrug:

on the same hand, replace CP3 with Kawhi for the Clippers and they maybe have a better chance at beating OKC :confusedshrug:

context matters and CP3 is one of the more overrated players in the game, so any stat that shows that is a stat I can get behind

JerrySeinfeld
03-07-2015, 02:28 PM

He's been playing GREAT this year :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
03-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Replace Kawhi with CP3 in last years finals and the Heat have a better chance :confusedshrug:

on the same hand, replace CP3 with Kawhi for the Clippers and they maybe have a better chance at beating OKC :confusedshrug:

context matters and CP3 is one of the more overrated players in the game, so any stat that shows that is a stat I can get behind
Let's use this year as context.

Put Kawhi Leonard in place of CP3 on the Clippers and they don't even make the playoffs, especially with Blake's injury.

Put Khris Middleton in place of any elite leader that's not top 5 on that list, and you really think they're getting better?

mehyaM24
03-07-2015, 02:38 PM
But then it goes onto say that Kawhi Leonard and Khris Middleton (who the **** is that?) > CP3
use the stat when comparing players with similar minutes and/or roles. :facepalm

kawhi has missed most of the season, so obviously his rpm is a bit inflated.

supernova5912
03-07-2015, 02:49 PM

I hope you're kidding because if you aren't - :hammerhead:

robert de niro
03-07-2015, 03:12 PM
marc gasol 38th :(

Richesly
03-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Jeff Teague is #5 in the MVP race, so you are wrong with the thread title.

Milbuck
03-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Seriously the most underrated and underappreciated player in the league.

Chadwin
03-07-2015, 03:18 PM
That just shows how Harden truly is the MVP.

BuffaloBill
03-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Kawhi Leonard holdin it down :bowdown:

blood yes
03-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Good time to say this, he just dropped his first 30 point game :lol

(seriously tho, Middleton is a pretty good player from what im saying, if any buck was to be an all-star, it was middleton, not knight)

RoundMoundOfReb
03-08-2015, 12:29 AM
yup. was really accurate last year as well:

1 LeBron James, SF MIA 9.08
2 Chris Paul, PG LAC 62 7.98
3 Andre Iguodala, SG GS 6.63
4 Kevin Durant, SF OKC 81 6.42
5 Dirk Nowitzki, PF DAL 80 6.35

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Good time to say this, he just dropped his first 30 point game :lol

(seriously tho, Middleton is a pretty good player from what im saying, if any buck was to be an all-star, it was middleton, not knight)
Middleton >>>>>> Knight. Seriously he is a much better player right now, and will be a much player for years from now. He's a great defender, ELITE shooter, weirdly good tough shot maker, developing nicely as a slasher, and his overall game is making progress. He's becoming somewhat of a Klay Thompson lite. He's gonna be an all-star imho, he is the true gem of that Jennings-Knight trade. He's right behind Jabari and Giannis in terms of being untouchable on our team, imho. Dude is a stud.

Heavincent
03-08-2015, 12:36 AM

Middleton is actually a pretty good player.