PDA

View Full Version : If you need to score 49 pts, and have triple dubs to beat the worst team in NBA

keep-itreal
03-05-2015, 05:28 AM
then there might be something wrong with your system bruh.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah157/Keepreal123/OKC_zps8k3xwgyw.png
:lol

305Baller
03-05-2015, 05:29 AM
It's definitely not a good sign.

KNOW1EDGE
03-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Perkins and Sefalosha both played big minutes for OKC tonight

warriorfan
03-05-2015, 06:11 AM
then there might be something wrong with your system bruh.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah157/Keepreal123/OKC_zps8k3xwgyw.png

welcome to the westbrick system

Real Men Wear Green
03-05-2015, 08:26 AM
OKC isn't a team with a balanced offense, they're a team that needs their stars. Sans the reigning MVP Westbrook has to play like an all-time great and to his immense credit he's been doing that without Durant. If they don't have both of those guys in the postseason they'll go nowhere but if they do have them they could upset G State and go all the way.

WallIn
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
So basically OKC needs Westbrook to go off every night in order to advance to the playoffs.

Because the Brow is also coming.

SugarHill
03-05-2015, 12:19 PM

navy
03-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Damn near gave the game away

ninephive
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Last 3 games:

33 FGA 20 FTA
32 FGA 14 FTA
38 FGA 16 FTA
----------------
103 FGA 50 FTA

That is pretty incredible. When you're a career 43% shooter (shooting 43% this season as well), that can't bode well for your team come playoff time.

imdaman99
03-05-2015, 12:50 PM
He made the game entertaining. Sometimes we need to see a close game and he's made the last 3 games that he's played must watch TV :rockon: Westbrook do it all

Hey Yo
03-05-2015, 12:52 PM
* trip-dub last night considering he officially got it in the OT period.

GreggPopazit
03-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Thunder really need Durant to be healthy. Westbrook seems just as talented, but his style does not translate to winning as much.

Mass Debator
03-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Luc MM took 21 shots? LOL

RedBlackAttack
03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
I have to think Westbrook would not be easy to coach. How do you harness his 100mph motor and incorporate it into a team concept where everyone is involved and contributing offensively? Seems almost like an impossibility, without muffling the thing that makes him dangerous in the first place.

On a team where Westbrook is the main driving force over the course of an entire season, I think this is about what you'd get, at least at this stage in his career... Great numbers, mediocre-to-poor team.

Of course, if you were building a team around him alone, it'd look a little different than OKC's current roster. But, despite his statistical domination since Durant went down, they've been just scraping by against pretty weak competition.

Im Still Ballin
03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I have to think Westbrook would not be easy to coach. How do you harness his 100mph motor and incorporate it into a team concept where everyone is involved and contributing offensively? Seems almost like an impossibility, without muffling the thing that makes him dangerous in the first place.

On a team where Westbrook is the main driving force over the course of an entire season, I think this is about what you'd get, at least at this stage in his career... Great numbers, mediocre-to-poor team.

Of course, if you were building a team around him alone, it'd look a little different than OKC's current roster. But, despite his statistical domination since Durant went down, they've been just scraping by against pretty weak competition.
Repped, brother.

imdaman99
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM

So based on last night, OKC is scraping by against pretty weak competition? That is 1 game. Unless you consider the close losses against the Blazers in Portland and Suns in Phoenix weak competition :roll: Don't disguise your agenda next time, please. Come out and say that you don't think he's as good as perennial playoff king Kyrie Irving :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
03-05-2015, 01:30 PM
how is OP's picture relevant at all?

RedBlackAttack
03-05-2015, 04:02 PM
So based on last night, OKC is scraping by against pretty weak competition? That is 1 game. Unless you consider the close losses against the Blazers in Portland and Suns in Phoenix weak competition :roll: Don't disguise your agenda next time, please. Come out and say that you don't think he's as good as perennial playoff king Kyrie Irving :oldlol:
Yeah, no. My comments had nothing to do with any other players in the league. Westbrook is better than Irving at this stage of his career, as he should be. Russ is 26 and Kyrie is 22. Those four years are enormous for player growth, experience and even physical maturity.

Asked who my top five players in the league were a couple weeks ago, I had WB in there, along with LeBron, Durant, Curry and Harden.

This was a simple observation based on what I have seen since Durant went down, not just last night. They are, what? 4-2 with WB since Durant was injured, with an overtime win against the Sixers, arguably the worst team in the league? The other wins came against the Bobcats, Nuggets and Pacers, with losses to the Suns and Blazers. I'll also point out that OKC was good enough to beat the Lakers without WB or Durant.

This may be the weakest stretch in the schedule all season for the Thunder.

I might even suggest that the timing on KD's procedure was, in-part, because of that soft part of the schedule hitting, which also coincided with WB himself getting healthy again.

OKC without Durant doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of the best teams in the league. And, they don't have to. All they have to do is stay afloat until he is healthy. Once he is back and he teams up with Russ and Ibaka, they are scary for any team in the league.

This isn't some stupid player fan rivalry. I honestly couldn't care less. Right now, Irving is a great fit on the Cavaliers. That's all I care about. At the same time, I'm allowed to make observations on other teams/players when I see fit. Just like you're welcome to disagree.

Screaming "bias" is a pretty lame retort, though.

TheBigVeto
03-05-2015, 11:49 PM
He be chuckin.