PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Lebron struggles in late game situations?

JohnMax
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
I agree with this person

http://i.imgur.com/1oIV3DQ.png

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11079939&postcount=9

-

navy
You tell us tmz. Find the scoop.

Mr.Kite
Mental Midget

explains him bailing on cleveland and then bailing on miami

Mirzas
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Shrinkage.

SugarHill
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM
You tell us tmz. Find the scoop.
:roll: :roll:

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
he's never had a great first step, actually hes quite pedestrian in that regard he's got great top speed and long strides but struggle with agility in small confined space

hence no iso moves and thus half court offense has always been a deficiency for him

never discount the fact that this guy NEEDED a pick his first season in the league

Kobe even with busted knees still beat his defenders one on one

that and lack of self esteem from growing up fatherless

ABfor3
03-01-2015, 08:01 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/gloria-james-delonte-west/delonte-west-gloria-james-2.jpg

SugarHill
he's never had a great first step, actually hes quite pedestrian in that regard he's got great top speed and long strides but struggle with agility in small confined space

hence no iso moves and thus half court offense has always been a deficiency for him

never discount the fact that this guy NEEDED a pick his first season in the league

Kobe even with busted knees still beat his defenders one on one

that and lack of self esteem from growing up fatherless

He was routinely getting into the lane. Just not finishing. :confusedshrug:

jimmy77x
by seeing this happen to his mom on a nightly basis growing up
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2a6vwg1.jpg

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
He was routinely getting into the lane. Just not finishing. :confusedshrug:

no two foot leaping ability and generally diminished hops hurts him even more

G0ATbe
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
No clutch gene, no killer instinct, is easily tormented mentally. No heart, no skills...aside from being able to get away with offensive fouls on a consistent basis.

Mikebball1
03-01-2015, 08:03 PM
some people just don't have "it"

buddha
03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
yeah his first step is pretty average.

knicksman
03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Because he prefers to focus on stats that appear on the statsheet instead of skills that matters.

pauk
03-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Lebron has hit more gamewinning shots and produced more 4th quarter points than anybody since he entered the league... regular season & playoffs....

He is also only behind MJ, Kobe & Reggie in most career gamewinners hit.....

So you really need to define what you mean with "struggles in late game situations"...

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Lebron has hit more gamewinning shots and produced more 4th quarter points than anybody since he entered the league... regular season & playoffs....

So you really need to define what you mean with "struggles in late game situations"...

you should get your hands on video footage from today's game

Kingwillball
03-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Hmmm I remember gm 7 of Finals 2 years ago going for 37 hitting J after J including the Closeout shot.. That ship has sailed.

Part of his struggles at times is he try's to do to much other times he defers needs to find happy medium.

nzahir
03-01-2015, 08:15 PM
you should get your hands on video footage from today's game
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1649232-lebron-james-heat-star-statistically-most-clutch-player-since-nba-debut
Exposed

knicksman
03-01-2015, 08:21 PM

then why is he 2/5?

nzahir
03-01-2015, 08:22 PM
then why is he 2/5?
Lol this is why this forum has gone to shit for the past 5 years. Someone can just easily as reply with "Why is kobe 2/7 in final mvps when lebron is 2/5 in final mvps?" Forum should just be called BaylessHoops

G0ATbe
03-01-2015, 08:24 PM
then why is he 2/5?
Not enough superstars.

coin24
03-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Thats a fitting avy for your hero:lol :lol :lol

edrick
03-01-2015, 08:31 PM
then why is he 2/5?

This argument is so dumb.

Why do people keep using it? It's far better to actually reach the Finals, than never make it there, see Melo.

SouBeachTalents
03-01-2015, 08:33 PM
This argument is so dumb.

Why do people keep using it? It's far better to actually reach the Finals, than never make it there, see Melo.

And see Knicks as well

Young X
03-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Everybody always wants to use narratives and say he's scared of the moment but I think it's more about skill sometimes. With him alot of times it's either bully my way to the rim or a step back long 3. He doesn't really have any go to moves he can rely on in tight situations (compared to other great scorers). He doesn't really use alot of deceptive moves (crossovers, hesitations, change of direction) either.

And I wouldn't say he struggles late in games like that, I've seen him make plenty of clutch plays.

Bless Mathews
03-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Free throws themselves aren't that difficult.

But when you have one hand around your neck, they are tough as fucc.

Dats why.

Angel Face
03-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Poor mental toughness. His father left him when he's still young. With her mom raising him solo, he wasn't taught by his father on how to be tough mentally and how to overcome tough situations. Most mothers are soft. There are times when you're in tough situations, your mother will be there to console you but fathers will be there to toughen you up to get through to that situation. Lebron didn't have that luxury.

I<3NBA
03-01-2015, 10:34 PM
he's a bad jump shooter. all teams need to do to defend him is pack the paint. then opposing teams pray he doesn't make a jump shot.

JerrySeinfeld
03-01-2015, 10:36 PM
he has a lack of confidence in his game at random times... like one moment he's dominating and then suddenly he's standing around dribbling the ball out instead of playing in attack mode and trusting his instincts

greatest-ever
03-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Is this myth still going around? I mean the guy has won 2 titles and hit plenty of clutch shots in late games during those runs.

Prometheus
03-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Relative to other superstar players, LeBron doesn't struggle in late game situations. He has thrived and dominated in so many late game situations for so long... it's ridiculous that the rep hasn't been shaken by now. We are, after all, talking about a man who cashed in one of the best and most clutch Finals-game-seven performances in NBA history.

This forum is booming with excitement about LeBron getting shook and being un-clutch... when the real issue is that he's a sub-par free throw shooter and a streaky shooter overall. He lost the lock on the bucket at an inconvenient time against Houston today. In reality, that's all this boils down to. Everyone gets so excited over nothing.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-02-2015, 02:47 AM
LeBron's an awesome player. Arguably the most physically gifted player of all-time, but he lacks a killer instinct. Wasn't dude seeing a shrink or something for late-game meltdowns in 2011? Guy just isn't hardwired like some of those ATG's without conscience, ie. Miller/Kobe/Jordan/Bird, etc.

He makes up for that by carrying a huge impact in other areas, is what it is.

JT123
03-02-2015, 02:50 AM
LeBron's an awesome player. Arguably the most physically gifted player of all-time, but he lacks a killer instinct. Wasn't dude seeing a shrink or something for late-game meltdowns in 2011? Guy just isn't hardwired like some of those ATG's without conscience, ie. Miller/Kobe/Jordan/Bird, etc.

He makes up for that by carrying a huge impact in other areas, is what it is.
Bron never saw a shrink. :facepalm Stop making shit up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-02-2015, 03:11 AM
Bron never saw a shrink. :facepalm Stop making shit up.
I didn't claim he did, just asked. Could have sworn he saw a sports psychologist, but maybe that was just a rumor. :confusedshrug:

JT123
03-02-2015, 03:14 AM
I didn't claim he did, just asked. Could have sworn he saw a sports psychologist, but maybe that was just a rumor. :confusedshrug:
Skip Bayless said that Lebron should see one while engaging in hyperbole on his show.

2swift4u
03-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Relative to other superstar players, LeBron doesn't struggle in late game situations. He has thrived and dominated in so many late game situations for so long... it's ridiculous that the rep hasn't been shaken by now. We are, after all, talking about a man who cashed in one of the best and most clutch Finals-game-seven performances in NBA history.

This forum is booming with excitement about LeBron getting shook and being un-clutch... when the real issue is that he's a sub-par free throw shooter and a streaky shooter overall. He lost the lock on the bucket at an inconvenient time against Houston today. In reality, that's all this boils down to. Everyone gets so excited over nothing.

Well I'm not so sure. I'm not a Lebron hater or anything like that but I have to say that over the last 4-5 years I've seen countless late game situations when the ball was in his hands and to be honest he didn't make that many shots if I remember correctly. He made a few game winning shots and those were shown over and over on tv but he missed the majority of his attempts. The problem is he doesn't really have the ability to shake his defender off and get a nice rhythm shot like MJ or Kobe would.

You're right about his shooting though. He's simply not a natural shooter like Jordan or Kobe was. I don't know how many times he has changed his shot over the last couple of years (especially his freethrow form) which tells you that he's not a natural shooter.

TheMan
03-02-2015, 04:15 AM
I don't buy the whole LeBron is unclutch thing. He's had enough clutch moments in big games in the past. It all just boils down to James just having an inconsistent jump shot. He got cold at the worst moment, it happens, move on.

JohnFreeman
03-02-2015, 04:16 AM
LeBron has proven he is clutch. MJ missed shots, Bird missed shots, Kareem missed shots, Wilt missed all his free throws.