PDA

View Full Version : Which coaches need to be fired?

navy
02-24-2015, 02:02 AM
My List

Hornachek
Lost his team. Runs horrible iso offense masked by pushed tempo.

Spolestra-
Stubborn, fails to adjust or work on anything. Only coaching move is to tell his players to play harder/stay the course.

Brian Shaw
Lost his team. Has pretty much had an altercation with every player. Although I dont think he ever had control. Seems like the players dont respect him and he doesnt care for them.

SouBeachTalents
02-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Pop. Only the 7th seed this year, unacceptable

BlazerRed
02-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Brooks. Brian Shaw.

noob cake
02-24-2015, 02:08 AM
McHail :facepalm

Heavincent
02-24-2015, 02:10 AM
The Nuggets have been a trainwreck since they hired Brian Shaw. It's just not just a talent thing either...they just look discombobulated.

T_L_P
02-24-2015, 02:13 AM

Wholeheartedly agreed.

I always said this was Bud's team, tbh.

navy
02-24-2015, 02:17 AM
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I always said this was Bud's team, tbh.
Agreed. Spurs = Hawks's west. Got a fluke championship from Horford's injury.

T_L_P
02-24-2015, 02:20 AM
Agreed. Spurs = Hawks's west. Got a fluke championship from Horford's injury.

I agree with you.

You usually hear of the student beating the master, but Pop would have been crushed by the Hawks if not for injuries.

b0bab0i
02-24-2015, 02:32 AM
The Nuggets have been a trainwreck since they hired Brian Shaw. It's just not just a talent thing either...they just look discombobulated.
They deserve it. Firing Karl after taking them to playoffs and winning COY that same year.

Also not retaining Masai Ujiri.

navy
02-24-2015, 02:36 AM
The talent was never that great. Karl carried them. Even though he was never much of a post season strategist.

NuggetsFan
02-24-2015, 02:44 AM
They deserve it. Firing Karl after taking them to playoffs and winning COY that same year.

George Karl coached the Nuggets for 8+ seasons. Got out of the 1st round of the playoffs once due to the stacked conference but in like 4 of those years the Nuggets laid down completely. Also lost after 57 wins which was the final straw. Nuggets had a few 50 or more win seasons and didn't show up in the playoffs outside of that one season. Firing Karl needed to happen for both sides. There mistake has been hiring Shaw, not getting rid of Karl.

Ujiri wanted too much money and honestly is responsible for some of the mess Denver's in. He made a few moves that weren't considered bad at the time that now look pretty brutal. Great GM but wasn't without his mistakes.

Shaw should deff be #1. Nuggets are a mess.

Spurs m8
02-24-2015, 02:44 AM

This is going a bit far, he just needs to shave his beard tbh

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 02:46 AM
Pop
Carlisle
Kerr
Blatt
Brooks

OKC winning rings is best for the league.

Done_And_Done
02-24-2015, 02:51 AM
If the Raps don't exceed past the first round then I would happily welcome a new coach. I've never been sold on Casey as the captain of this ship.

Prime_Shaq
02-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Scott Brooks is the first name that comes to mind. Bloody horrible iso offense for what seems like 10 years now. He's the final piece that needs to be changed for OKC to win the title.

Graviton
02-24-2015, 07:19 AM
For some reason I read the thread title as "White coaches need to be fired?", Navy are you Chris Paul by any chance?

poido123
02-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Thibs this offseason. I think 5 years with Thibs style of coaching is enough.

Depending on our result this year, we should also look to trade guys like Noah and gibson for a rebuild. Do it now, while they still have trade value and body is still holding together.

Means we can focus on rebuilding around butler, dougie and mirotic quicker and a new coach to grow with.

I<3NBA
02-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Scott Brooks
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Kevin McHale
Monty Williams

kurple
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
shaw needs to go in the summer

i have no idea what kinda offense he is trying to pull of. it doesnt look like the players knows either

ralph_i_el
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Randy Wittman

NugzFan
02-24-2015, 11:50 AM

Been discussed a million times but what team or fan base would keep a coach that loses in the first round 10 time straight times ?

Losing Masai wasn't our fault - we offered him money and he said no

Signing shaw was a huge mistake tho.

Duderonomy
02-24-2015, 11:56 AM
None. If I was a GM I would hire a coach I trust and ask him what players he needs to win, then give him time. Makes more sense then saying I got you Rondo, Z-Bo and Rudy Gay win now or you're fired.