PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant (foot) out vs. Hornets

navy
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Thunder forward Kevin Durant will not play Saturday against the Charlotte Hornets because of soreness in his right foot.

[+] EnlargeDurant
Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Kevin Durant has missed 28 games this season, including Saturday's contest against Charlotte, due to injuries.
Durant underwent surgery on his foot in October to repair a Jones fracture, which included putting a screw in.

The Thunder maintain the injury is nothing but soreness and there's no concern of a more serious issue. Durant has undergone consistent imaging throughout the season, and all tests have remained clean.

"He's not at risk," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said. "He's just sore."

The Thunder will have their four new acquisitions available Saturday -- Enes Kanter, D.J. Augustin, Kyle Singler and Steve Novak.

This will be Durant's 28th game missed this season. He missed the opening six weeks recovering from the surgery, two weeks in December because of a right ankle sprain, then four games in January because of a sprained left big toe.

In Durant's first seven seasons, he'd missed a total of 16 games.

Durant, 26, is averaging 25.4 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists in 27 games this season.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12358766/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-saturday-soreness-right-foot

Cowboy Thunder
02-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Good. Let's see what Singler can do. :applause:

Budadiiii
02-21-2015, 02:24 PM
How is he averaging 26/7/4 on insane efficiency while being injured all year?

It boggles my mind. He's been elite 1 on 1 defender too.

Budadiiii
02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Good. Let's see what Singler can do. :applause:
I've always liked Singler since he played at Duke. I wanted OKC to draft him a few years back. Great 3 point shooter and a hustle player.

Plus he's white. :rockon:

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2015, 02:29 PM
I'd want to play for the Hornets if I was in the league.

navy
02-21-2015, 02:30 PM
I'd want to play for the Hornets if I was in the league.
Why? MJ sucks.

boozehound
02-21-2015, 02:31 PM
dammit. you jerks better beat them

IGOTGAME
why did KD play in the all star game? why was he challenging people to one on one? But one of the bigger games of the season and he sits...

seems odd for a dude with an injured foot. thought he was all about winning championships?

Cowboy Thunder
I've always liked Singler since he played at Duke. I wanted OKC to draft him a few years back. Great 3 point shooter and a hustle player.

Plus he's white. :rockon:

No doubt :banana:

Guy was pretty legit in college

Cowboy Thunder
02-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Are the Bobcats a playoff team in the East? I havent been paying attn

dunksby
02-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Just play him every other game till he is confident he can play consistently, OKC faces only one elite team in Portland the next 7 games. He could sit out against Denver, Indiana, Lakers and Philly too. Have a much more reliable bench now.

navy
02-21-2015, 02:35 PM
why did KD play in the all star game? why was he challenging people to one on one? But one of the bigger games of the season and he sits...

seems odd for a dude with an injured foot. thought he was all about winning championships?
He played like 3 minutes and vs the Mavericks when it started to flare up again. These guys are athletes, you think he sits around all day when he's not in an nba game? Dude plays basketball everyday im sure. Nothing wrong with playing an exhibition when you can physically move.

IGOTGAME
02-21-2015, 02:39 PM
He played like 3 minutes and vs the Mavericks when it started to flare up again. These guys are athletes, you think he sits around all day when he's not in an nba game? Dude plays basketball everyday im sure. Nothing wrong with playing an exhibition when you can physically move.

if you are recovering from injury you goal should be to get back to 100%. So he should taken the break to rehab and rest. Playing in an exhibition was unnecessary.

dubeta
02-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Why not just rest him till the playoffs? OKC has the 8 seed in lock now that Phx is in tank mode

Hey Yo
02-21-2015, 02:46 PM
MKG back in lineup tonight for Charlotte

Charlotte Hornets ‏@hornets 2 hours ago

UPDATE: @MKG14 will be in tonight's #OKCvsCHA starting lineup - rest of the starters will be determined later this afternoon.

KG215
02-21-2015, 04:01 PM

A game against the 22-30 Hornets in February is one of the biggest games of the season? Are you being serious?

IGOTGAME
02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
A game against the 22-30 Hornets in February is one of the biggest games of the season? Are you being serious?

that my fault. I still call the New Orleans the Hornets for some reason. Its tough for me to get the change down. point taken.

In that case I will not be watching.

Lebronxrings
02-21-2015, 04:05 PM
next dwade i called it

Budadiiii
02-21-2015, 04:05 PM
:roll:

Just a KD troll. Nothing he says has any merit. He even said coach K was a terrible coach. :facepalm

swagga
02-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Why? MJ sucks.

jordanstans : ask not how MJ sucks but how you can suck him.

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Why? MJ sucks.
I'd want to make my basketball hero proud, and legitimize his organization. Playing every night with him sitting on the sidelines would bring the best out of me even in meaningless winter games. Plus their colors are sick. And North Carolina is a very pleasant place to live, nice people, and a grounded way of life. Which would allow me to focus on my craft.

navy
02-21-2015, 04:48 PM
if you are recovering from injury you goal should be to get back to 100%. So he should taken the break to rehab and rest. Playing in an exhibition was unnecessary.
Rehab and rest for an athlete includes playing basketball. In fact, im sure his workouts are more intense and dangerous than the all star game