PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota The Team Of The Future?

Soundwave
02-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Wiggins, LaVine, Bennett, Rubio a top 5 pick coming in this draft ... could this be a budding big time squad in 2-3 years?

Athleticism is crazy, I hope the Wolves front office can actually keep this group together.

Milbuck
02-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Been hearing good things about Shabazz too, and Dieng is up there as a C young center as well. If they get someone like Okafor or Towns in this draft, they have unquestionably the best future out of current non-contenders in the league imo. A starting 5 of Rubio-Lavine-Wiggins-Towns-Dieng with Shabazz and AB off the bench is contending in 3 years.

Jud
02-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Been hearing good things about Shabazz too, and Dieng is up there as a C young center as well. If they get someone like Okafor or Towns in this draft, they have unquestionably the best future out of current non-contenders in the league imo. A starting 5 of Rubio-Lavine-Wiggins-Towns-Dieng with Shabazz and AB off the bench is contending in 3 years.
3 years seems a bit early. I'll give them 5.

BasedTom
02-15-2015, 04:13 PM
dat wiggins trade

Bosnian Sajo
02-15-2015, 04:35 PM
They did a fantastic job dealing with Kevin Love, getting Andrew Wiggins is like trading for Durant in 2007...kid's special. Hopefully LaVine is more than just a flashy dunker, I haven't seen him play much. And don't they have decent cap room available? Bring in a defensive big man in the off season, sign Thibs to a contract when Chicago inevitably fires him, and you got yourself one hell of a team.

Legends66NBA7
02-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Wiggins, LaVine, Bennett, Rubio a top 5 pick coming in this draft ... could this be a budding big time squad in 2-3 years?

Athleticism is crazy, I hope the Wolves front office can actually keep this group together.

Wiggins, Dieng, and Shabazz are the best 3 right now.

Don't really think Bennett should get a mention. He doesn't look like he belongs in the league. LaVine is only 19 like Wiggins, but probably won't reach a higher ceiling. He'll either be hit or miss and I don't know if they decide to keep both him and Shabazz.

LoneyROY7
02-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Cleveland helped set up a dynasty. :applause:

russwest0
02-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Cleveland helped set up a dynasty. :applause:

LeBron to Minnesota in a couple of years?

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 05:16 PM
The problem for them has always been keeping their talent. Nobody wants to play in Minnesota

My prediction is Wiggins leaves once his rookie contract is up.

Rubio leaves when his contract is up.

Minnesota will not make the WCF in the next 15 years

Lebron23
02-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Maybe LeBron James Jr.

An 18 yrs.old LBJ Jr will be their best player of in a couple of years.

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bronjr.jpg

supernova5912
02-15-2015, 05:23 PM
They could've been the team of the present if they drafted correctly. They could literally have had Rubio/Martin/Derozan/Love/Cousins as their starting five.

Lebron23
02-15-2015, 05:31 PM
The problem for them has always been keeping their talent. Nobody wants to play in Minnesota

True. Prime KG wasted his prime in Minny.

Legends66NBA7
02-15-2015, 05:48 PM
They could've been the team of the present if they drafted correctly. They could literally have had Rubio/Martin/Derozan/Love/Cousins as their starting five.

Better yet, Curry over Rubio.

LAZERUSS
02-15-2015, 06:07 PM
Team needs guards who can SHOOT.

We know that Rubio will NEVER be even a decent shooter, and Lavine is currently even worse.

If those two are in their future...good luck.

We are currently in an NBA with one of the greatest back-court shooting duos in NBA history (Curry-Thompson), and arguably the WORST in NBA history in Rubio-Lavine.

Jud
02-15-2015, 06:12 PM
http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bronjr.jpg
Already developing those young deltoids

JtotheIzzo
02-15-2015, 06:25 PM

Its much worse than that, they took Jonny Flynn over Steph Curry, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday, and that was only the PGs!

They took back to back PGs, dumb, took the wrong PGs, dumber and set their team back a decade.

tamaraw08
02-15-2015, 06:46 PM
:roll: great take, dude, funny but true

supernova5912
02-15-2015, 09:00 PM

I agree but Rubio isn't a bust, despite being a poor shooter. Derrick Williams, Jonny Flynn, and Wesley Johnson are all shitty players that are either out of the league or role players on lottery teams.

G-train
02-15-2015, 09:04 PM

Did you start watching NBA in 2005?

G-train
02-15-2015, 09:06 PM

Wiggins yes. Lavine is horrible at the moment, Bennett should be ok.
Rubio is ok... Pek is solid. Thad solid.
Shabazz has come on a bit.

They have Wiggins, and some ok prospects.

FireMcFailPlease
02-15-2015, 09:09 PM

Well...earliest Wiggins can leave is in 8 years after he becomes a RFA when his rookie contract is up.

thanks for wasting your time on something you know nothing about.

JtotheIzzo
02-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Wiggins yes. Lavine is horrible at the moment, Bennett should be ok.
Rubio is ok... Pek is solid. Thad solid.
Shabazz has come on a bit.

They have Wiggins, and some ok prospects.

They have Wiggins, but they also have some flexibility to weave and build this team into something special. Their ability to use their position to build a contender will be 100% the reason as to whether Wiggins stays or goes. They put a good team around him, he will stay, they muck about like Cleveland did with LeBron first time around he will be a Raptor.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Well...earliest Wiggins can leave is in 8 years after he becomes a RFA when his rookie contract is up.

thanks for wasting your time on something you know nothing about.

So the Wolves are winning a championship in the next 8 years?

Nothing I said was inaccurate. Nobody wants to play in Minnesotta. They are never going to sign a tip tier free agwnt. They are a small market. All their talent eventually wants out.

Good luck to the Wolves, they are gonna need it.

G-train
02-15-2015, 09:13 PM
They have Wiggins, but they also have some flexibility to weave and build this team into something special. Their ability to use their position to build a contender will be 100% the reason as to whether Wiggins stays or goes. They put a good team around him, he will stay, they muck about like Cleveland did with LeBron first time around he will be a Raptor.

2 words.

Flip Saunders.

FireMcFailPlease
02-15-2015, 09:14 PM

Nothing I said was inaccurate. Nobody wants to play in Minnesotta. They are never going to sign a tip tier free agwnt. They are a small market. All their talent eventually wants out.

Where the hell did I say that they were a shoe in to win the championship?:oldlol:

All i said was Wiggins is a restricted FA after his rookie contract, where you said he was gonna bolt...I pointed out he really cant.

So yea you were inaccurate. Dont care about what the rest of what you said about nobody wanting to play here.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Wiggins is going to leave Minnesota as soon as he gets the chance.

Happy now?

FireMcFailPlease
02-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Wiggins is going to leave Minnesota as soon as he gets the chance.

Happy now?
:roll:

yea. Ill make sure to hold you to it in 2023:roll:

Idiot.

Sportal
02-15-2015, 09:29 PM
I hope so. I think they'll have the talent to.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 09:31 PM
:roll:

yea. Ill make sure to hold you to it in 2023:roll:

Idiot.

I think my point has gone completely over your head.

FireMcFailPlease
02-15-2015, 09:34 PM
I think my point has gone completely over your head.
Whatever you say chief. Love's gonna be unhappy and drama filled wherever he goes, and KG signed 2 MAX contracts here. along with Rubio resigning(when we were told he'd never sign or resign here).

Wiggins will stay. He'll be a star which will attract other stars to play here.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Whatever you say chief. Love's gonna be unhappy and drama filled wherever he goes, and KG signed 2 MAX contracts here. along with Rubio resigning(when we were told he'd never sign or resign here).

Wiggins will stay. He'll be a star which will attract other stars to play here.

I hope so, I genuinely have always liked the wolves. I loved KG and Marbury growing up. I loved JR Rider when he came to the Blazers. Terrell Brandon was a Portland native so I watched him in Minny.

They are a small market team much like Portland. I'll root for them.

My point was, it is very tough for them to retain the talent that they draft. It's very hard to lure free agents to Minny.

No hate, that's just how I see it.

KG is the only guy I know to stick it out in Minny, he wasted his career in the process and as soon as he left he won a championship.

Again, I wish nothing but success for the Wolves, I just don't see it happening.

FireDavidKahn
02-15-2015, 09:53 PM

Bennett is shit. Don't you dare include him in this. We got potential to be a real force, but this is Minnesota after all. Wiggins probably wont realize his potential, Ricky will keep getting injuries that take away half his season and Lavine wont ever improve and whoever we take in the draft will be a bust.

That is Timberwolves basketball.

FireDavidKahn
02-15-2015, 09:59 PM

For someone with the username "KNOW1EDGE" you sure don't know shit. Minnesota is the 16th biggest market in the USA. City size isn't the reason people don't come here nor is it the weather. Plenty of cities have shitty weather. People don't come here because the ownership is history bad and always fails at everything. Flip has looked, so far, very competent as a gm but is downright terrible as a coach. His philosophy of not taking 3s but instead very long 2 is baffling.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Wow. I can't even compliment or say anything nice about the Wolves without their delusional fans getting butt-hurt.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are not a big-market team. If you try to argue that I can't help you.

If you think the weather and city life doesn't attract or defer players I can't help you.

kurple
02-15-2015, 10:14 PM
LaVine, Shabazz and Bennett wont be great players on good teams IMO

Like Rubio, Wiggins and Dieng. But they should do all they can to get Okafor

blablabla
02-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Wow. I can't even compliment or say anything nice about the Wolves without their delusional fans getting butt-hurt.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are not a big-market team. If you try to argue that I can't help you.

If you think the weather and city life doesn't attract or defer players I can't help you.
A team with a winning culture, with a solid plan and a stable environment surrounding the franchise will always be able to sign top free agents. If a player values weather and city life over winning, that's not a player i would sign to be honest. For example Love, he didn't go to the Cavs because Cleveland is a better city than Minnesota, hell for all i know it might even be worse, but having LeBron James and Kyrie Irving on the team seems to be more attractive than any sunny beach. Same with Howard who left L.A to be the man in Houston.

Now the question is if the Wolves owner is willing to spend championship team money because if he doesn't then these players will leave.

Prime_Shaq
02-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Wiggins will be a star. Lavine's shot is a little iffy but he'll be a fine player in this league. Shabazz seems kinda cancerous to me and Deing is already kinda old and doesnt seem to have a high ceiling. Bennett looking like a straight up scrub lol. I'll definitely be rooting for Wiggins + Lavine though.