PDA

View Full Version : Boogie lashes back at Barkley: "I don't respect him and I don't care what he thinks."

dunksby
02-15-2015, 04:29 AM
DeMarcus Cousins responded to Charles Barkley's criticism of him by saying he simply doesn't care about anything that comes out of the Hall of Famer's mouth.

"It ain't personal," Cousins said when asked about the TNT analyst. "I mean, I don't really respect the guy, but at the same time, I don't really care what he thinks either.

Barkley recently was critical of the Sacramento Kings' All-Star center and even used an expletive to describe how disgusted he was when discussing reports that Cousins was consulted by the Kings before they agreed to hire head coach George Karl last week.

"Why are they discussing it with him," Barkley said during a TNT telecast. "Yeah, I am totally disgusted with that. ... He hasn't done enough to deserve that type of power. [The Kings] stink. Why would you give a guy that young that type of power?

"If you're a Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon or somebody like that, yeah, you deserved that type of power after you have earned it. Let me just say this either way, that's just total [garbage]. That's ridiculous."

Cousins responded Saturday by saying, "I mean, that's Charles being Charles."

"A lot of people don't really know the real story about it," he said. "I never really had anything to do with it in the first place."

Barkley and Cousins are two of the best basketball products to come out of the state of Alabama, and both were selected fifth overall in their respective NBA drafts.

But Cousins said in a Bleacher Report feature last year that he felt Barkley has been critical of him since the former NBA great watched Cousins play in an Alabama high school state playoff game and talked to reporters.

Cousins also felt Barkley stuck up for Paul Westphal after the former Kings coach suspended Cousins for conduct detrimental to the team in 2012. Barkley played for Westphal in Phoenix.

When asked if Barkley is considered an authority because of his opinions on television, Cousins didn't seem to agree.

"I wouldn't necessarily say he's anybody of an authority," Cousins said. "I would just say he is very comfortable on the television."
About time Barkley got some heat for his constant BS and hate on players.

coin24
02-15-2015, 04:40 AM
I hope he gets the fu*k out of there ASAP.
The Kings are a disgrace, should have moved that stinker of a franchise to Seattle..

They have the best center in the league, and they surround him with turds. Just as they finally start winning, they fire the coach for no reason:facepalm

Expecting bad things for boogie with mr " I don't believe in superstars" George Karl regular season hero..

andremiller07
02-15-2015, 04:46 AM
Honestly Barkley was 100% right in what he said.

keep-itreal
02-15-2015, 04:47 AM
But he does care what Barkley thinks just by his reaction alone :roll:

Cousins sucks. How the **** can you win games when you get fouled out all the time:oldlol:

Cocaine80s
02-15-2015, 04:50 AM
Thompson + Delevoeda for Cousins

L.Kizzle
02-15-2015, 04:51 AM
Respect your elders young boy.

Taller than CP3
02-15-2015, 05:58 AM
It seems like Barkley is hating on Cousins because he doesn't like his attitude. Charles needs to remember he wasn't exactly a role model either. Sir Charles needs to squash the beef and show more love towards a fellow Alabamanian.

JohnFreeman
02-15-2015, 06:41 AM
I am getting bored of Charles. Sacramento should consult DeMarcus on coaching issues

Eric Cartman
02-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Barkley is right on this.

I mean, ffs, KOBE wasn't consulted on coaching hirings, D'antoni and later Byron Scott, so why should Cousins, hell get to the playoffs at least once before you can have any input on the team.

People called Love in Minny empty stats, for people who use that logic, why isn't Cousins empty stats? Until he proves consistent leadership and excellence, things should remain the same.

Top Gun
02-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Course Sacramento should consult their best player and future/present of the franchise. If he doesn't like the coach and wants to leave they will be back to the bottom of the West again.

Goldrush25
02-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Course Sacramento should consult their best player and future/present of the franchise. If he doesn't like the coach and wants to leave they will be back to the bottom of the West again.

Charles was spot on with his comments. In return, Cousins doesn't respect someone just because he doesn't like what they had to say about him? That should tell you right there where this guys maturity level is. He just wants his arse kissed.

Sacramento is going nowhere fast if that consult that head case on anything. Don't care if he's the best player or not.

Until he can grow up and lead his team to the playoffs he should just shut up and play. He's done nothing to deserve input on personnel decisions.

KyrieTheFuture
02-15-2015, 08:01 PM
So....it's DMC's fault that they approached HIM to talk about the coach, because SAC knows if they get the wrong coach, again, DMC will leave?

JohnFreeman
02-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Charles was spot on with his comments. In return, Cousins doesn't respect someone just because he doesn't like what they had to say about him? That should tell you right there where this guys maturity level is. He just wants his arse kissed.

Sacramento is going nowhere fast if that consult that head case on anything. Don't care if he's the best player or not.

Until he can grow up and lead his team to the playoffs he should just shut up and play. He's done nothing to deserve input on personnel decisions.
Barkley bad mouthed Cousins before the draft, which could have hurt his pick

G-train
02-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Does anyone respect Barkley? Does anyone care what he thinks?

He is on Skip Bayless level at the moment.

I have no problem with DMC saying this. Barkley has handed over his NBA legend status, and is now a media troll.

When he resigns from his job, he can have his respected opinion back.

masonanddixon
02-15-2015, 09:10 PM
The Kings are a disgrace, should have moved that stinker of a franchise to Seattle..

They have the best center in the league, and they surround him with turds. Just as they finally start winning, they fire the coach for no reason:facepalm

Expecting bad things for boogie with mr " I don't believe in superstars" George Karl regular season hero..

The Kings supporting cast isn't bad though, thats the thing. A 5th year Dirk or Duncan would easily have gotten 55+ wins out the squad. Cousins is overrated.

UK2K
02-15-2015, 09:13 PM

I originally highlighted the bolded part, and was gonna high five you for that, but the whole post is spot on.

Eff Sacramento. Run Boogie. That franchise is a joke, and probably always will be.

:applause:

UK2K
02-15-2015, 09:16 PM
The Kings supporting cast isn't bad though, thats the thing. A 5th year Dirk or Duncan would easily have gotten 55+ wins out the squad. Cousins is overrated.

Right, a Rudy Gay who shoots 44% is the second best player.

I dont even know who their PF is? They drafted T-Rob, then traded him a season later for garbage.

Honestly I probably couldnt name 8 guys on their roster without looking.

5th year Dirk averaged 25 and 10 and shot 46% from the field.

masonanddixon
02-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Right, a Rudy Gay who shoots 44% is the second best player.

I dont even know who their PF is? They drafted T-Rob, then traded him a season later for garbage.

Honestly I probably couldnt name 8 guys on their roster without looking.

5th year Dirk averaged 25 and 10 and shot 46% from the field.

And 5th yr Dirk led his team to 60 wins and the WCF...the hell has Cousins ever done?

Jason Thompson, Rudy Gay, Reggie Evans---thats a solid frontcourt.

McCallum and Collison are decent

Remember a 35 year old Dirk got Monta (who NOBODY wanted), Dalembert, old 36 yr old Marion, and Calderon to 50 wins last season and should've beat the Spurs...Cousins has no excuse with all the hype he gets from fans.