PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd is killing it from what I see.

gigantes
02-09-2015, 07:18 PM
in his rookie coaching season with the nets, the first half was truly miserable.

but then the second half was rather mind-blowing. and in the playoffs, the nets beat a seriously badass team (toronto) in the playoffs. brooklyn had little business hanging with that kind of team, yet it happened.

now what he's done with the bucks is just... wow.

jason kidd.

buddha
02-09-2015, 07:32 PM
he's a good coach who could possibly be one of the greats.

Lakers should get him.

kamil
02-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Lakers should get him.

#entitlement

lilteapot
02-09-2015, 07:46 PM
The way he left Brooklyn and made himself look like an ass was awful, but he's been doing a hell of a job

buddha
02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
#entitlement

don't act like Kidd wouldn't jump ship to a franchise that can actually attract top shelf free agents.

LeJohn Janes
02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
don't act like Kidd wouldn't jump ship to a franchise that can actually attract top shelf free agents.
What does that statement have to do with the lakers?

Sportal
02-09-2015, 08:40 PM

:cheers:

Yeah well, when he left the Nets I was quite the skeptical one tbh. With what he's done so far with what he was given has been fantastic. The team is only going to get better too with Jabari and Giannis. Bucks should be good for the playoffs for a long time, wouldnt begrudge them becoming a contender either.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Kidd new the Nets would suck this season, and if he got fired his coaching credibility would be screwed

navy
02-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Proven himself to be a good coach. Now let's see what happens when he gets out of Milwaukee.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Bucks are a team on the rise. Giannis is a stud on both ends (more so defensively at this point - he has absurd potential)

r0drig0lac
02-09-2015, 08:48 PM
:lol

The_Yearning
02-09-2015, 08:50 PM
The way he left Brooklyn and made himself look like an ass was awful, but he's been doing a hell of a job

He left for Milwaukee because they were willing to pay him more money. How would you feel if you were J. Kidd and D. Fish got paid more than you to coach the NYK? You'd bolt as well.

Milbuck
02-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Gotta love the posts about him leaving Milwaukee. Dude has the chance to become one of the great coaches..new owners, new team branding on the way (colors, logo, jerseys), new arena, new everything..he's leading a new franchise era, has the chance to completely transform the culture, and he's got 2 of the best prospects in the league going forward to help him. He really is killing it so far.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Gotta love the posts about him leaving Milwaukee. Dude has the chance to become one of the great coaches..new owners, new team branding on the way (colors, logo, jerseys), new arena, new everything..he's leading a new franchise era, has the chance to completely transform the culture, and he's got 2 of the best prospects in the league going forward to help him. He really is killing it so far.
Out of curiosity: who are his assistants right now? How are the Bucks so good on defense? Is it Kidd or mostly the personnel?

Milbuck
02-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Out of curiosity: who are his assistants right now? How are the Bucks so good on defense? Is it Kidd or mostly the personnel?
Eric Hughes, Josh Oppenheimer, Sean Sweeney, Joe Prunty. Not too familiar with most of them. I won't say it's mostly Kidd..but I will say he's done a hell of a job. Word around the organization is that Kidd is completely obsessed with winning games, every single one. No part of him wanted anything to do with tanking, and it's been pretty infectious. Probably because he's not a complete hardass about it all the time like someone like Thibs. We got guys who have been known for sucking on defense..busting their ass for entire games now. Kidd has been an incredible motivator, which isn't surprising considering who he was as a player.

And it helps that we're long, athletic, and young...Giannis is already a problem defensively, he's going to be a force on that end, even if his offense never pans out.

The_Yearning
02-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Eric Hughes, Josh Oppenheimer, Sean Sweeney, Joe Prunty. Not too familiar with most of them. I won't say it's mostly Kidd..but I will say he's done a hell of a job. Word around the organization is that Kidd is completely obsessed with winning games, every single one. No part of him wanted anything to do with tanking, and it's been pretty infectious. Probably because he's not a complete hardass about it all the time like someone like Thibs. We got guys who have been known for sucking on defense..busting their ass for entire games now. Kidd has been an incredible motivator, which isn't surprising considering who he was as a player.

And it helps that we're long, athletic, and young...Giannis is already a problem defensively, he's going to be a force on that end, even if his offense never pans out.

No surprised.

Kidd was the ultimate competitor on the court. Mavs don't win that chip without him.

gigantes
02-12-2015, 08:16 PM
we're debating this a bit on the nets forum:

byron scott said last week that kidd was an a-hole. maybe that was spot on. maybe he has that isiah thomas quality of being all polite and friendly in certain situations and being a manipulative dickhead in other scenerios. maybe. TBH this also describes a wiiide range of people in life... such as business execs, bosses, politicians, highly-talented ppl of all kind, salespeople, traders, etc.

it does suck about larry drew getting frozen out. even when new owners come in, there is supposed to be that courtesy of firing upfront, not in stealth. at the same time kidd was almost certainly right about billy king-- he's probably the NBA's biggest joke of a trader, not to mention prokhy is probably tied with dolan as world's most incompetent at deciding who to pay.

the guy was callous but he -did- have a point.

i'm still a kidd admirer, so i became interested in the mavs and now the bucks. i think the joumana thing (major superb-tch) was overblown, but the drunk-driving thing was really bad for putting others' lives in danger. we'll see. i do have a big appreciation for bosses who can turn underachievers in to gold by power of the right motivation / plan. it is such an important part of life to me.

just for comparison, i'm *quite* sure i'll always be a phil jackson admirer, so i'd love to see what he can do with the knicks even tho he has a complete jackass for a boss. sorry fellow nets fans, but we all need secondary hobbies in life. :P

this also brings us to owners who aren't in the game because of ego and know how to defer (and identify) those with much greater knowledge. the incorruptibles one might say. peter holt and jerry buss are pretty good examples i think. meanwhile, the apple got ICBM'd two continents away, eh jim buss?

Jasper
02-13-2015, 01:45 AM
It's funny , I was driving today thinking about this.

Kidd will stick around until he has full control, meaning Hammonds job.
How will it happen : I suspect Hammond will in about 2-3 years say he can't go any farther with the team and bow out.

Kidd will hang in there for as long as the owners appear to be willing to show that they will be willing to buy players.

Once that desolves , Kidd will look for a big market team to coach.

But here is the rub- from all signs of the interviews I've seen, and articles published about the Bucks practices etc : the players suck up the info and teachings Kidd gives like a sponge.

So if you have a coach you admire , listen intently and willing to play your heart out - it equals a coach in tune with his players.
Its this same equation for all teams successful.

In the Nets he had older players, maybe harder to school ??
Kidd is bringing along a young team , putting his stamp on their record, careers and literally history for the franchise.
I am hoping this would be another Pop story.

Lets put it this way:
Where would Kidd truly want to coach if he had a chose with all the teams in the NBA?
I mean he had loyality with the Nets because of their two year appearance in the finals.(he left)

He won a title in Dallas : he left and signed with NY

My point is he really doesn't care where he coachs just as long as he is doing what he is doing now !!

So a owner or president like the HEAT have could sway Kidd, but loyal to a franchise might mean nothing to Kidd.

I am happy its working out for my Bucks.

sportjames23
02-13-2015, 02:23 AM

And the Bucks have Mallory Edens.